SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100395 Boltsniper Scar-n Rifle Bs-8

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 February 2007 - 01:47 PM in Homemades

I wanted to ask before the thread was too old to even talk in.

Too late. Especially for this brand of stupidity, and when you could just go to bolt's website or to CH and order one.

#123895 Boltsniper Gns Variant

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 September 2007 - 09:02 AM in Homemades

Also, duct tape is terrible for seals. Sure, it may hold on the outside of pipes, but the criss-crossed fibers will make it extremely difficult for your plunger to obtain a good seal. Use e-tape inside the groove, and then roll the O-ring over that.

#123873 Boltsniper Gns Variant

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 September 2007 - 09:36 PM in Homemades

#18 O-rings have worked for me on my shotgun (As in the fit is perfect. I still can't fire the damn thing...). If the plunger chamber is 1" PVC, then the 18s will work fine. You may just need to cut a deeper groove if the plunger won't fit into the chamber with the O-ring on, or wrap some e-tape in the groove if it is not airtight or close to airtight. Other than that, great work. I hope to see the finished piece soon. I would use screws, though (#6 pan-head screws for sheet metal work on bolt-esque guns), just in case you want to take it apart for cleaning, upgrading, or repairs.

#117768 Bolt-action Pre-charged Pneumatic

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 July 2007 - 01:58 PM in Homemades

The plunger head is very similar to what my Phantom has now, but my plunger shaft is brass to make it sleeker. Looks good so far.

Also, you don't have to substitute the "i" in boltsniper's name. The censor only replaces it if it says snįper.

#117643 Bolt-action Pre-charged Pneumatic

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 30 July 2007 - 02:50 PM in Homemades

Image-posting tutorial.

#120909 Blast Bazooka Airtech Switcharoo

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 August 2007 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

Ad hot glue drys in a few seconds while super glue doesn't dry for a while unless your bonding it to something.

You are. You're bonding the fishing or slingshot weights into the hole in the front of the stock foam rod. Then you're covering it with hot glue, or with a washer and felt head like CS does. Either tip will work better than plain hot glue, and be more durable.

#121087 Blast Bazooka Airtech Switcharoo

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 August 2007 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

ok well im fucking 12,

Farewell.

#120893 Blast Bazooka Airtech Switcharoo

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 August 2007 - 08:26 AM in Modifications

Don't call them bullets. They're darts. For making better ones, try superglueing a 1/4 slingshot weight or a 3/0 splitshot fishing weight (with the gap closed) into the tip of the foam dart body, and then making the hot glue tip. There is also a guide in the General Nerf forum devoted to dartsmithing tips, and it will be stickied near or at the top of the topic list.

#121102 Blast Bazooka Airtech Switcharoo

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 August 2007 - 01:05 PM in Modifications

You just don't get it, do you?

1) You have to be a minimum of 13 years of age to sign up for this forum.

2) You can't spell.

3) You disregarded our rules involving proper spelling and grammar.

4) When we gave you advice, you told us to suck it up.

5) You use chatroom lingo.

6) You annoyed almost everyone who has read this thread since 12:27 PM.

#114080 Birthday Ideas...

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 July 2007 - 10:53 PM in Off Topic

How can you not feel guilty asking people for that sort of shit?

I mean honestly, is that how people show/demand affection these days?

One: I don't actually ask, I just get it, but others might have to. Two: I have no heart or soul. Three: The angelic half of my conscience was brutally murdered many moons ago, and affection was thrown on the mental "screw this" pile, as with most other teenagers. (Plus I'm not "spoiled", just "well taken care of". As in politics, I'm only semi-optimistic when I have to explain negative actions, events, or practices to the general public.)

#114021 Birthday Ideas...

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 July 2007 - 05:10 PM in Off Topic

You guys can't be serious. What about the high-end stuff like laptops, portable DVD players, iPhones, cards containing several hundreds of dollars, etc. Always good to get assorted expensive shit like this on your birthday. You might also want to get another BBB, since you had no luck with the old one.

#128273 Big Snap Has Balls!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 November 2007 - 08:46 PM in Homemades

Now the next step up would be to make a magazine-fed breech for the gun, so 100% of the airflow is to the single chambered ball. This eliminates dead space in the magazine as potential area for pressure diffusion, and will increase ranges yet again. Brilliant work so far.

#127098 Big Snap Has Balls!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 October 2007 - 09:46 PM in Homemades

A seal is created when the ball is either placed in the muzzle or forced there by shaking the gun vertically, though...

#127615 Big Snap Has Balls!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 October 2007 - 10:39 PM in Homemades

If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls.

(I'm sure someone's gonna quote that at one point or another).

#127092 Big Snap Has Balls!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 October 2007 - 09:36 PM in Homemades

This is my understanding of the answer, although I have only a portion of knowledge on in-line clips:
The in-line clip acts as a plunger tube extension. This means that the pressure in the plunger tube and clip are equal after priming but before firing. Air that is displaced in the 5" plunger stroke is forced forwards and simply raises the pressure enough to pop out the ball. The plunger tube on that gun has a lot of volume, and is bound to get a projectile moving.

Other than that, this thing is a revelation in the use of ballistic balls as ammo.

#126592 Big Snap Has Balls!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 October 2007 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

As far as I can estimate, the dead space allows for pressure levels behind the ball to increase until peaking and firing the ball out of the coupler. With the FBR, the space is reduced and the pressure cannot build up to as high of a level with the same volume of air delivered to the projectile.

#131817 Big Blast Problemo

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 09 December 2007 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

Can you pull the trigger, or is it jammed? (The spring really has nothing to do with it.)

Can't pull ther trigger:
There is too much pressure in the tank. Take some pliers and jerk the firing pin back.

MOST LIKELY:

Can pull the trigger:
The entire assembly has slipped forward in the gun. Since the trigger is set in a groove, it cannot go forward. It remains in place and therefore the firing pin does too. Since the tank moves forward and the pin doesn't, the tank is now held open as the release port is separated from the firing pin's head. To fix, push the assembly back into the rear of the gun and glue PVC spacers onto it. These should be glued near the walls inside the shell, so that whatever parts of the gun the spacers are glued to cannot pass those points. However, the assembly can still be lifted out of the shell if repairs or modding is needed.

#97222 Best Of Nh

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 December 2006 - 10:53 PM in Off Topic

I don't think we should have popularity contests. It might make some members feel left out.

I think Piney is the best member...He does a nice, and always humorous forum moderation job!

What the hell? Self-contradiction in one post?!

Stop fucking sucking up, its disgusting my eyes.

You phrased it nicer than I would have...

As has been said before, although they are contradictory standpoints, there is no best nerfer, and yet there almost is. When people are so varied in fields of nerfing from modification to homemades to general ass-kicking at wars, there is never and will never be a clear-cut winner for best nerfer. Yet, at the same time, there are those such as Groove and One Man Clan who devote themselves to Nerf, and therefore deserve recognition and respect. If you feel that one person is better out of the 2700 members of this site, then that is your own personal opinion. Since the entire "who is best" concept is based on opinion, this thread is fundamentally flawed.

Recognize devotion. Recognize talent. Ignore comparisons of the two.

P.S.: Piney:
I heard that Talio wore size 20 boots...

#125163 Best Barrel Lengths?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 October 2007 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

Max Shot: See my mod. It will go into detail on a nested brass barrel that gets top-notch results.

BBB: I think 1' of 17/32" brass works best.

LS: Find Angel's mod for the best. However, there are many variants of it. It really depends on whether or not you are using a modded breach/bolt system or not.

#121752 Be Honest

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 04:21 PM in Off Topic

One weekend's paycheck bought me an N-Strike UPS (not the parcel service), a Longshot, a Nitefinder, and a Max Shot. Plus savings.

#121755 Be Honest

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 04:48 PM in Off Topic

Mostly Gasoline... and I drive an economy car!?!

This is the point at which you should all realize "economy" also spells "Con me, yo!" You have been tricked by manufacturers. Also, how much driving does everyone do that they need to spend most of their paychecks on gas?

#121806 Be Honest

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

p.E: Please learn to type correctly (or get some Ritalin). Also, you're getting ripped off at your job if I make more money in the same time just watching people shoot each other with paintballs.

Edit: Damn it, taita. You beat me to it, but I would isolate that statement solely to morons.

#121823 Bbb+ls Spring Combo Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 11:47 PM in Modifications

EDIT: Could someone also tell me what is the "hole in the bolt" people keep talking about? people are saying there is some hole in the bolt of the longshot of which air leaks out...

That would be in the stock bolt, on the bottom portion. There is a small hole that you can plug with hot glue, but make sure that it does not stick out of the space. Otherwise it may cause feeding and chambering issues. If I remember correctly, it should be towards the front, near the hole that the dart is seated in. Here is a picture. You can scroll over the yellow square for more details.

#121764 Bbb+ls Spring Combo Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 05:28 PM in Modifications

I personally didn't, but a few members here might have. You'll be fine without doing so, but if you put in a spring like one from an AR-15 or other assault rifle, you're going to have to cut that. It helps that the BBB spring is almost exactly the same length as the LS's.

#121790 Bbb+ls Spring Combo Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

Due to the holes in the tips of streamline darts, firing them from high-powered guns will make them fishtail more than a high-school driver with a permit and a bottle of Crack Daniel's.

On another note: Can you still see through the jam door while loading the magazines? I have not had this problem, but I think it might be because some portion of the bolt is sticking out over the dart tails in the rear portion of the magazine. Also, did you take out the orange mag guides in the magazine well while modding the gun? If so, take the gun apart (while cursing Hasbro for using so many screws) again and make absolute certain that the parts are down all the way. If they got caught with one side even a slightly longer distance away from the shell of the gun, then there are bound to be loading issues. If you didn't touch the mag well, check anyway to make sure. Don't forget to check the magazine release switch as well, as it might be getting caught on something, which would force you to push the magazine in harder to move it out of the way. If none of these work, post some form of picture and tell us exactly what you tried to remedy it.

#121756 Bbb+ls Spring Combo Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

Well I got a BBB spring (thank n-strike) and I plan to put it in my Longshot. I have heard a lot of people have done this, except for AssassinNF. His BBB+LS spring combo made his longshot... "blow up". So I am wondering: what do I do? Should I put both springs in and hope to god that my longshot doesn't break or do I cut some rings off or what? Or should I just make a Longshot+Nitefinder spring replacement (I think I know how to fix the noise)?

Your LS should be fine with both. Mine was. However, you may want to add some PVC spacers in the stock (if you still use it) to keep it from crushing your hand. It is not usually possible to cock the doubled up springs with the stock braced against your shoulder because the retaining pin (actually a spring-loaded plate with a raised semi-circle) will pop back out and let the assembly slide forward and into your hand. It hurts like a bitch.

#96385 Bbb Titan Integration

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 12 December 2006 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Great work, but I have a question: Isn't that thing kind of unwieldy? It could just be me, but the entire thing looks pretty damn big in the pic.

#105711 Bbb Mod Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 May 2007 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Go here for a write-up.

#105714 Bbb Mod Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 May 2007 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Do you know if there are any differences between the old and new version? Because he moded a new version. I want to mod an old version.

I don't imagine there's too much difference. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plunger tube and spring are the same in both versions. The mod should work fine.

#121189 Battlegarden Flash Game

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 August 2007 - 10:16 AM in Off Topic

Awesome. I was going to ask whether any other NH members had Newgrounds accounts, but I didn't think anyone did. You might need a little more health, but then again who needs health when you can click the left mouse button 100 times in 7 seconds?

#117597 Basic Titan Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 30 July 2007 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

You didn't plug the pump, but how many times are you pumping?

#130370 Basic Sspb Rebarreling

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 November 2007 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Do you have a question, or did you revive this thread for no particular reason?

#104054 Barrell Mod?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 May 2007 - 03:03 PM in Modifications

EDIT: I am not just trying to bring back an old topic because I didn't realize the day of posting until now, but I actually am wondering about barrel length and this seems like a topic concering that to me...

You're an idiot. This topic is over a year dead. If you want to follow a write-up, then use their specs. If you want to experiment, then try different barrel lengths. Otherwise, search, because the answer is right in front of you.

#104061 Barrell Mod?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 May 2007 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

You are all the ones that say to search for topics, so why is it my fault that when I search, I get an older topic. If we are supposed to search before asking, it shouldn't matter when the last post is.

That doesn't mean that you have to post in it. (Now I'll give you another hint. CLICK THE LINK--> Barrels.)

#107094 Barrel Diameter?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 May 2007 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

Uh, wally, what the hell is wrong with you? You don't own this forum, and you aren't even close to being admin material. Instead of starting arguments with vets, why don't you actually start thinking about what you are typing?

NN: Probably not the best idea you've had.

#106948 Barrel Diameter?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 21 May 2007 - 05:50 PM in Homemades

So If i Were to make a double ball valve "submachine-gun" (not really a machine gun just the way it looks) i should use 1/2 probably, correct?

No, way too small if you're talking brass. I think it would be more ideal to use brass anyway, but 1/2 I.D. PVC, CPVC, or PETG would work as well.

P.S.: Work on that capitalization.

#106928 Barrel Diameter?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 21 May 2007 - 04:25 PM in Homemades

Something else you might want to note is that glow darts (the cheap-ass ones that come with the Firefly) minus the gowing stickers fit very well in 17/32 brass, while I have to work not to bend or twist other micros into that size. 9/16 brass provides a loose fit for the majority of stock darts, although the dart is also liable to fall out.

#100313 Banning Guns

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 February 2007 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

Straying a little off topic here, what about a clip system for the Titan? It would lower the ranges while increasing the RoF.

It's been done in the mods section.
As for the topic, ban whatever you have to. Your job as the organizer of the war is to ensure others' safety. The last thing you want is someone getting hurt, and the second-to-last thing is someone bitching about why you didn't do something to keep everyone happy. If someone wants to bring a superweapon to a nerf war (I.e. Titans, Singy, heavily-modded pump guns...), then they can. Just let them know it's going to be a showpiece and not get fired. Sure they're going to start arguing, but it's better them than you or someone more mature.

#94946 Baloon Grenade

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 21 November 2006 - 04:51 PM in Homemades

What the hell's your point, NerfMonkey?

Gryvalcon: Your video confirmed the thought I had after logging off: the grenade design would have to be pumped or filled for more that half a minute in order to blow, and even then the design is not very effective. It would only amount to a sonic grenade with some foamy snow unless the design is improved. Plus, the ball valve on sponge's design would be too inconvenient for any type of grenade, as it would take too much time and effort to open and would likely result in the user "fragging" himself.

#94902 Baloon Grenade

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 20 November 2006 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

The steilhandgranate, or potato masher, is what elf_avec_gun is mentioning. (I'm into WWII). Anyway, between the single point bursting, reloading, and short-range issues, there is another problem. If the foam isn't weighted down like stefans are, then wind and air resistance are going to play hell with your foam projectiles. Also, there may not be a feasible size for these grenades to be to balance the pressure needed and the compact shape. Maybe you're better off building a small version of your B-var th fire multi-shot sabots or wadswith stefans in front of them. This would be more effective and cover a larger area, while still being reloadable through a simple process.