cheerios's Content

There have been 224 items by cheerios (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#288901 Nerf In The News

Posted by cheerios on 25 November 2010 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

My -2 cents.
That kid with the black recon is clearly some Ice Worshiping fucktard. All of these idiots who even decided to fucking talk to these reporters are morons. Now, we're going to see Uber Hard to mod guns coming out, cause Hasbro's gonna fucking flip out. Here we go, guys. Thanks a fuckin' ton.

That isn't certain. And besides, we could get around the "impossibles" to modify. The nitefinder tube was glued together, solution, cutting the pipe. I'm sure if hasbro even makes "unmodifiable" guns, we could find ways to get around them, just like the nitefinder.

Or everyone could just convert to homemade blasters.

#282245 Pumpsnap

Posted by cheerios on 05 August 2010 - 08:24 PM in Homemades

Are you willing to contract these?

#284823 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by cheerios on 05 September 2010 - 07:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to make it, due to my dad going up there for a weekend business thing.

#285487 Pacbow Write-up

Posted by cheerios on 16 September 2010 - 06:32 AM in Homemades

Looks nice Ryan. Can't wait to face one of these a Chano4.

#331021 ESLT Blaster Build Guide

Posted by cheerios on 18 June 2013 - 04:35 PM in Homemades

Just completed the handle. I was wondering if a 1/2" pvc coupler could be used to plug the wye instead of the 3/4" plug?

You would still have a hole in the wye with a coupler. Also the plugs are a more efficient method.

#299228 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by cheerios on 03 June 2011 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I might show up.

#299381 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by cheerios on 05 June 2011 - 09:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm out unless I can have Ryan drive me.

#339371 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by cheerios on 05 June 2014 - 10:38 AM in Nerf Wars

The last Mayhem was definitely an A+ war that was completely worth the drive, and I hope this one will be just as good. Count me in.

#340600 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by cheerios on 21 July 2014 - 06:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in the same boat as Bchamp. I need to downsize. Most everything is $5 or less (there's even a FREE bin)
If someone want to buy all of it, I would be willing to cut you a bulk deal.

Posted Image

$2 Bin

Posted Image

$5 Bin

Posted Image

$5+ Bin
Not much here, trying to keep prices down.

Posted Image

#294452 Write-up: Dart Tag Furyfire Modification

Posted by cheerios on 13 February 2011 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Uh, I believe you have the pictures of the spring mixed up.

#297313 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by cheerios on 19 April 2011 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Of course I'll be there, and the rule about people wearing eye protection needs to be super enforced at this location the guy doesn't want people getting hurt.

#297365 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by cheerios on 20 April 2011 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Shit came up and now I cant go, well that bites.

#298415 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by cheerios on 22 May 2011 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Good war, mowing the location will make it much better.

Highlights

Location in bufu
Seeing the usuals
Pink darts and people who made them
Minnesota crew
Ohio crew
Zeke! 8==D~
Claw Hatchet

Cons
People from Indiana
Indiana
Shitty dart recovery
Wind

#302499 FOMAS 2.0

Posted by cheerios on 29 July 2011 - 06:04 PM in Homemades

This looks like a giant pipe bomb. Maybe I overlooked it, but does this have an OPRV?

#302498 NIC Homemades Contest Submission Thread

Posted by cheerios on 29 July 2011 - 06:01 PM in Homemades

Mine is here: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21434

#291267 Hopper Clip For Stock Tagger Darts

Posted by cheerios on 20 December 2010 - 10:46 PM in Darts and Barrels

Nice to see you found a use for the 45 degree bends. Can't wait to see an improved version.

#322530 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by cheerios on 13 October 2012 - 12:34 AM in Off Topic

I would enjoy seeing boxes of cereal.

#322646 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by cheerios on 15 October 2012 - 09:36 PM in Off Topic

Full Metal Alchemist

Seconded

#282161 Slambow Video

Posted by cheerios on 04 August 2010 - 10:32 PM in Homemades

I really don't see why this needs it's own thread, oh well. Good job finding a simple way to make slam firing PumpBows.

#338992 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 16 May 2014 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess it's super late for me to post this, but if there is anything anyone wants from my sales threads I'll be more than willing to deliver it (with a reduced price) as long as they post before 8ish AM tomorrow.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24831
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24962

I highly doubt I'll be there on time, I'm super directionally challenged so I'll get lost many times along the way.

#338935 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 14 May 2014 - 12:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you have any desire for me to bring the mobstacles? I already have them in my van, so it's no trouble, but if we don't need them I'll toss them back in the trailer.

#338063 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 05 April 2014 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll try harder to be there this time (actually waking up on time).

Are air guns banned or are those kosher?

#339021 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 18 May 2014 - 01:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Pros:
+Super good war
+Decent amount of people 9-10 all day
+Actually trying while nerfing
+Ryan's blasters shot lasers all day
+Domes worked all day in the 3D printed wye.
+Bought some dongshots!
+Traded ball valves for wyes.
+VIP actually worked

Cons:
-Slugs (Domes are way nicer to get hit in the face by)
-Cores were small but worked extremely well

#293753 The Arscb/aic

Posted by cheerios on 02 February 2011 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

Isn't this just an inline clip? :P

#339263 New AABow Write-up

Posted by cheerios on 01 June 2014 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

Why did you decide to eliminate the firing stabilizer from Kane's AABow write-up? It is the only thing that makes AABows actually usable blasters in NIC wars and is by far the best feature of any homemade bow blaster created.

#347440 Taobao Longshot Shotgun Grip by F10555

Posted by cheerios on 25 June 2015 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

I might be able to do something similar to this, and most likely better.

Now I need to find a Longshot.

If you want to hook me up with one of them when you're done you can have one of my Longshots.

#275898 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by cheerios on 25 May 2010 - 06:06 AM in General Nerf

Removed my email.

#333494 A New Style Pumpaction Snap Writeup for New Members

Posted by cheerios on 27 August 2013 - 09:15 AM in Homemades

I would suggest offering an alternative possibility for the 5/8" washers as well as the thinwall PVC, not all people have these at their local hardware stores.

#283681 Hvz Next Gun

Posted by cheerios on 21 August 2010 - 05:07 PM in General Nerf

If your doing HVZ get a raider, the drum mags come in handy. Also like gears said a spartan and a tacticool vest would be another very good combo.

#337268 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 24 February 2014 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

I think that's a bit silly though. A well made air blaster can be just as safe or safer than a powerful springer.
You just need to apply proper safety to construction.

It's not about safety it's about fairness. A blaster you don't have to prime at all is way too OP.

#337250 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 23 February 2014 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

@Draconis, It's interesting you say that, I haven't ever heard of those sorts of restrictions.

It's often times an unstated rule anymore. Basically anything that runs off of a regulator and a hard air tank isn't allowed at most wars.

#337274 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 25 February 2014 - 09:30 AM in General Nerf

The Nerf Dart Tag Snapfire 8 does not need to be primed. Is the Snapfire 8 too overpowered?

No, because it isn't an air gun that has the capability to shoot ~100' without having to prime the blaster between shots. The argument with the Snapfire 8 is the same argument that could be made for any of Nerf's new flywheel blasters, but those aren't able to shoot past the century mark without the darts spiraling out of control.

#337235 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 23 February 2014 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the other information. Unless someone else has actual data on the specific tanks I will likely use 30psi for the Big Blast and Range Master.

I have a 20 PSI McMaster OPRV on my Big Blast and it added range. I'm guessing stock BBBB PSI is ~15.

#292242 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by cheerios on 04 January 2011 - 08:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there either date. Also would it be fine if I had 8==D~ painted on my snap?

#300965 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by cheerios on 03 July 2011 - 11:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going.

#294342 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by cheerios on 10 February 2011 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I liked April, the sooner the better.

#350718 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 12 January 2016 - 10:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cool, I have these too and was considering cutting them down and doing the same you did but just didn't. Also, I disagree that these hurt more than slugs, but I am not stating that it isn't possible that they can hurt more. Finally, although it doesn't matter too much, most people including me refer to them as either ACC darts, accurates, or Chunlin darts(after the seller on amazon were originally found) and while I don't mean annoying about it but it may help some to know what exactly these are called or at least have a name for these.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head(where I bought mine)

I propose "Bullseyes" as the name for these cut down darts, since it sounds equal parts jargon and the original ACCurate name, while also being a play on words with the accuracy thing. It will make it easy to distinguish the full length ones from these since these are more than just cut-down streamlines, they are pretty much sili tips/silicone domes. Also, this is more activity in one topic than the darts and barrels forum has had as a whole in years.

The name "China Darts" was initially just a joke but I'm still going to refer to them as such since that's what the thread is titled.

#350714 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 12 January 2016 - 07:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

UPDATE:

I went back to mess with these today and see if I could get anymore data for you guys, and the black magic that hoppers work off of seem to have reversed over night. The darts decided to stop feeding in the regular wye yet continue to feed in the 3D printed Wye prototype that I got from Kane in 2013. I did Isolate a couple darts and dipped the tips in cornstarch and they seem to work again, but as most people know that's not the most convenient thing to do at a war (though I've been doing it for a couple years).

I have a couple different ideas as to why they decided not to feed anymore:

• I tested these darts in a much colder environment 20° Fahrenheit ambient temperature versus a 74° Fahrenheit ambient temperature. The darts were also much colder than they were this afternoon.

• The tips seem to have become more "rough" on the surface after firing them continuously at a concrete wall / wooden board.

• Black Magic... ("who knows how hoppers really work")

EDIT:

After some further investigation it seems that my barrel got screwed up by some black magic and that seems to have been the reason for the feeding issues. The barrel somehow managed to get shoved back causing a big lip to interfere with the feeding.

20160112_162842_zpsak8oesqq.jpg

#350683 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 11 January 2016 - 07:56 PM in Darts and Barrels

This has a lot of information and seemed worthy of it's own thread, moved from pictures thread.

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether or not to so I went with the picture thread.

Also, I liked these darts so much that I proceeded to buy an extra 1000 darts off ebay after writing the review.

EDIT:

To make this post more worthwhile I ripped one of the tips of the dart and sliced it in half to give you guys a better idea what they're like.

2fd6efed-8e91-45f8-b6a7-06f80156010c_zps

#350680 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 11 January 2016 - 06:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

So my order of China darts came in today so I had to test them out.

First thing I did was cut them down to 35mm in length so that they were similar in length to my MHA silicone dome darts. These darts have a bigger dart tip comparable to those that Xplorer produce, and the foam they are made out of is denser than that of NERF elite darts. These darts do weigh a noticeable amount more than MHA darts just by feel, but I don't have a scale cause I'm not a drug lord and I don't have any use for a scale that weighs .00 grams.

7e295725-ed0e-4050-910e-5893597424af_zps

Then I tested them in an overhauled SM1500, Zorn's FAL2, and then a Plusbow. The FAL2 was fitted with the same hopper setup I've been using with MHA darts since 2013 so as to eliminate that as a variable for their hopper-ability. The Plusbow was fitted with an unmodified 1/2" PVC Wye hopper and a 12" CPVC barrel.

749e6f51-dc96-4287-8455-a0ac09e04a03_zps

Both the FAL2 and Plusbow were fired 100 times and their record of fires to misfires were recorded, and the results are as follows:

China Darts

FAL2: 97/100

+Bow: 100/100

MHA Darts (Minor Cornstarch)

FAL2: 92/100

+Bow: 92/100

#6 Slugs

FAL2: 99/100

+bow: 100/100

The accuracy of these darts is superb; even out of a ridiculously overpowered overhauled SM1500 the darts didn't spin out and shot laser straight. The same can be said about the FAL2 and Plusbow.

As for range variance between these, MHA silicone domes, and Slugs... I didn't test it cause It's too cold and it honestly doesn't matter, but I would take an educated guess and say that these will out range MHA domes and slugs when fired out of the same blaster.

Pros:

• They seem to feed more reliably than MHA darts, but more testing needs to be done before this can be confirmed.
  • Significantly more aerodynamic than slugs
  • $0.05 per dart
  • METAL FREE

Cons

• They're made with black foam which will make recovery a bit of an issue.
  • They're more aerodynamic tip could inflict more pain compared to Slugs or MHA domes.
  • You have to cut them down to make them hopper.