Shadow 92's Content

There have been 189 items by Shadow 92 (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#162928 Did Youtube Stop Working?!?

Posted by Shadow 92 on 15 July 2008 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

What was wrong?

#91268 Types Of Piping

Posted by Shadow 92 on 05 October 2006 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Shadow, I just tried the 3 step nesting thing, with the exact sizes you posted, and got worse range than my simply cpvc barreled BBB. It seems the cpvc modded BBB got about 10 feet more than the 3 step nested BBB.

Hmm... That's unusual. How did your dart fit in the 9/32'' brass? It might have been that your darts are too loose or too tight. If that's true just switch to a different size. How was your seal batween the barrel and the plunger? You said that you rebarreled it three times. Maybe the brass barrel had a bad seal. Anyway, if you decide to keep the CPVC barrel congrats on finding the right barrel materialfor your darts. :rolleyes:

#91163 Types Of Piping

Posted by Shadow 92 on 03 October 2006 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

A three-step nested brass barrel would be your best bet for your Big Bad Bow or Longshot (if you figure out how to do that with a LS). But for air powered guns use PETG if it fits your darts. It's supposedly smoother on the inside than other barrel materials but is harder to find than brass or CPVC. If you want more information on the nested brass barrels I mentioned earlier check out the Darts and Barrels article.

#91273 Types Of Piping

Posted by Shadow 92 on 05 October 2006 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

Google

Cross-linked polyethylene. PEX tubing is commonly used for hydronic radiant floor heat, but increasingly also used for water supply lines. Stronger than PE.
www.alpha-plumbing.com/plumbing-terminology-p.htm

I think it's the clear tubing with grey cross-links stuff I saw at Home Depot. It isn't hard and can be bent like vinyl tubing.

#169533 Firefox551

Posted by Shadow 92 on 15 August 2008 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Here's an old sticky about posting images.

#100959 Brassing A Dtg

Posted by Shadow 92 on 09 March 2007 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Do you have to brass it? I'd just use CPVC if it fits my darts. And make sure you remove the orange barrels and glue the CPVC/brass directly onto the turret and not where the AR ends. If you don't, then you end up losing about 3/4" of space where your dart could be, making your gun more effective and compact.

Couple other things. DTG's have a maximum air output similar to a Nite Finder. If you account for the air loss in between the plunger and the turret then your ideal barrel length is around 4". So go for the CPVC barrels if you want decent range with stock taggers and great range if you decide to use Stefans. The banding shouldn't be a problem and is definitely worth it. And I'd be willing to see a write-up.

#148920 Possible New Sticky

Posted by Shadow 92 on 02 April 2008 - 07:43 PM in Site Feedback

After unsuccessfully attempting to integrate a titan into a DTG, I realized that it would have really helped if there were a list of mods that didn't work. This way, people don't make the same mistakes. The sticky could have the original intent of the mod and a description of why it didn't work. People can make suggestions on how to fix the problem or offer an alternative solution to reaching the desired goal. A consistently active member can update the list every time someone posts a failed modification.

It could look something like this:

Airtech 2000
  • Using the transparent tube in the back as an airtank
    Why it failed
  • The tube leaked air
Suggestions
  • Replace transparent tubing with an airtank made of PVC
If you can think of a better format, reply.

#115399 Legal Issues For A Nerf War

Posted by Shadow 92 on 10 July 2007 - 11:10 PM in Nerf Wars

If you want to use use stock darts with barrel modded guns, why not just switch to 1/2 PVC? It has a smooth to somewhat tight fit on the 60+ different taggers and suction cup that I've used. And, in most cases, the pain from being hit with one is comparable with a gun without a barrel mod.

#91018 Boltsniper Gets Old!

Posted by Shadow 92 on 01 October 2006 - 08:41 PM in Off Topic

Happy belated birthday!

#107503 Glue

Posted by Shadow 92 on 24 May 2007 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Is this a common problem? If so, I'd like to introduce you to the impatient nerfer's best friend:

Loctite 1-minute epoxy. Sets in "45-60 seconds," with "useable strength in 8 minutes." They're not kidding. More than once I've been gluing something, and picked it up/moved it to have it drip, then the epoxy sets, and the drip STOPS, and just hangs there. It's freakin' cool. Found at your local Lowe's.*

That's pretty awesome. A 50 second set time? Incredible. What's the consistency, is it watery, thick? And how strong is it compared to the 5 minute epoxy? (It should say on the back in terms of PSI or something)

As for you're AT2K problem you could also use Hi-temp hot glue. I used it on all of my couplered guns and none have yet to fall off.

#91016 Mav/nf

Posted by Shadow 92 on 01 October 2006 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Do you need the little spring that's behind the air restrictor?

No, they keep the three prongs pushed up and heavily restrict air when a dart isn't laoded into the barrel. When a dart is loaded the spring compresses and allows more air to pass through the air resticters and thus firing the dart.

#125771 Could Someone Help Me With Random Homemade Stuff

Posted by Shadow 92 on 10 October 2007 - 10:29 PM in Homemades

How to Mod Sprinkler Valves

Check Wikipedia for how sprinkler valves work and imagine a blow gun trigger venting air in the diaphragm. This creates an inbalance in pressure and allows the diaphragm to lift up and allow air to flow to the other side.

#111990 Titan Trouble

Posted by Shadow 92 on 19 June 2007 - 01:03 PM in Modifications

You probably have either a short barrel, a leak, or both. 12 to 14 inches seems to be a good barrel length; to detect leaks, pump it underwater.

I believe the actual optimal barrel length is closer to 16-20".

Problem solved.
1.In the end, I had to cut with the shell's seam with a dremel. Well, that lacked finesse.
2.EDIT- My titan has ISSUES! When I first modded it, it got 79' with 20 pumps. I thought that it was just my sloppy mod. However, when I now fire it, (1 day later) my micros flip in the air and only go 24 feet!

1.Which seam are you talking about? It doesn't really matter but extending the part where the gun opens in half is the easiest way I found.
2. You should check your darts too. If they're bent, underweighted, or too tight they won't preform well.

#103836 Is It Possible To Make A Scout-finder?

Posted by Shadow 92 on 03 May 2007 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

I think the TTG plunger tube is slightly bigger than the Nite Finder's. Nice job in the integration Nitewalker.

#161949 Rotating Valve

Posted by Shadow 92 on 08 July 2008 - 01:26 PM in Homemades

I'm working on a rotating valve/ bolt. It's a little different than yours, but you might want to take a look.
Spinning Bolt

#111844 Longshot Clip And Breech

Posted by Shadow 92 on 18 June 2007 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

There's no need to replace the barrel with PVC. The Longshot's barrel is extremely wide so it has no problems firing stock taggers. And the magazine can fit the stock taggers. The only problem with using taggers in the magazine is that the darts have a tendency to sometimes stick to the side walls and stop the other darts from being pushed all the way up.

Posted Image

If you want a more reliable way to lad taggers, just put a dart in the front of the barrel and let it slide down. After it slides to the bottom, cock the gun back and when you push the handle forward make sure the bolt is covering the foam part of the dart. It doesn't hurt the ROF too bad and is the my favorite way to load darts that I picked up on the ground during a war. To do this I'm assuming you already removed the air restricters and have an empty clip.

#128160 At2k Turret Integrated Bbb

Posted by Shadow 92 on 31 October 2007 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

What kind of PVC did you use to support the turret? And how are some members able to post if they're still validating?

#112121 Idea For Making Darts White.

Posted by Shadow 92 on 19 June 2007 - 11:23 PM in General Nerf

Why not just buy red FBR from Forsaken?

I think he's doing this for cosmetic reasons and not just so he has an easier time finding his darts.

I've "sun-bleached" a couple of my darts before on accident. I have yet to notice any huge change in performance.

#122357 Quick Plasti-dip Question

Posted by Shadow 92 on 07 September 2007 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

I found my Plasti-Dip next to the spray paint at Home Depot.

#122845 Which Can Be Made Smaller?

Posted by Shadow 92 on 12 September 2007 - 07:46 PM in General Nerf

Whats 11/4" PVC?

One and one quarter inch PVC pipe. AKA: 1.25"

#103851 Clear Pvc?

Posted by Shadow 92 on 03 May 2007 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

If it's the same size as regular PVC, then .5" should do fine for stock darts and mega stefans. The clear PVC is also apparently a lot less than the kind McMaster sells.

#102966 Longshot Pistol?

Posted by Shadow 92 on 29 April 2007 - 11:45 AM in Modifications

Yeah the most you can minimize it is by cutting off the front section.

Posted Image

If you're looking for a high powered pistol, look around for an AT2K or mod the heck out of a NF.

#78269 At4k Help

Posted by Shadow 92 on 31 March 2006 - 11:29 PM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with my Airtech 4000's rotation device. If you unscrew the grey, popsicle shaped rod that pivots around a peg on the white air tank, you should be able to pull the four pieces apart ( the rod, the egg shaped piece, the piece that resembles a curved triangle, and the part that is connected to the black and grey gears by a wire). Take off the rod and the egg shaped piece. When you take the two pieces off, look inside the piece that resembles a curved triangle and you should see a sort of semi circle with notches on the perimeter of the curved part of the semi circle. If you look at the egg shaped piece, the inside of it will have notches that match the shape of the piece that is inside of the piece that resembles a curves triangle. Stick that egg shaped piece on to the semi circle piece so if you were to turn the egg shaped piece to the right at a 90 degree angle, the black piece that is connected to the wire would also turn. Now just screw everything back together and it should rotate fine.

#140588 Embedding Videos

Posted by Shadow 92 on 16 February 2008 - 02:16 PM in Off Topic

Okay thanks anyways.

#140469 Embedding Videos

Posted by Shadow 92 on 15 February 2008 - 05:27 PM in Off Topic

Does anyone know how to embed a video that isn't from youtube? I'm trying to embed a video that I made on photobucket's remix program.

#163023 Pvc Probs

Posted by Shadow 92 on 16 July 2008 - 07:37 PM in Modifications

If .5" schedule 40 PVC is too small for your darts, stretch your foam. Its on the first page of the dart making thread.

#97515 Quick Ls Question (yes I've Searched)

Posted by Shadow 92 on 01 January 2007 - 01:50 PM in General Nerf

The spring helps out a ton. I have two Longshots and the one with a spring replacement gets 90' and the one without gets about 40". Despite the large size of the stock spring it doesn't generate much force due to the fact that it's a smaller gauge. Do you have a BBB? If so take out the spring and bring it to a hardware store and look for a spring with a similar size and thickness. That way you can still use your BBB.

#111236 Nite-rattler?

Posted by Shadow 92 on 14 June 2007 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

It sounds a lot like like a Nite-Mav like project. Good luck.

#124428 Big Bad Bow Discovery/ Help

Posted by Shadow 92 on 29 September 2007 - 12:12 AM in General Nerf

Pictures of what you did would clarify a lot. But from what I gather, you're pushing back your barrel, the barrel is pushing on the plunger, and the gun is cocked?

...you won't hesitate saving the two orange nubby poles with their springs on the side of the gun. This is what actually keeps the gun cocked, something I did not know and almost threw away vital pieces.

Click on the link below to see which piece he was talking about.
CustomSnake202's BBB mod