bigred1rifleman's Content

There have been 300 items by bigred1rifleman (Search limited from 17-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#243018 Bsa

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 21 July 2009 - 04:19 PM in Off Topic

Troop 205. I'm pretty new, so I'm only Tender Foot, though, I've got almost every requirement for 2nd class and quite a few requirements for 1st class. I'm going to Philmont next summer.

Finn

#243005 Chicago Showdown - Part 2

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 21 July 2009 - 03:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Why no melee weapons? We should play gun slingers and ridiculous weapons, too. Oh yeah, I PM'd ya, Liter'.

Finn

#242793 Indiana Nerf War

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 19 July 2009 - 07:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on the date and location, I may be able to come.

Thanks
Finn

#242049 Silencing A Crossfire

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 15 July 2009 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

voltage to kill you.

There's an old saying, "Volts hurt, amps kill.". I've been shocked by ALOT of stuff, and camera flashes were nothing more than a little pinch. These cameras don't actually have many amps, but you can hurt your self. Unless you have heart problems, you'll be fine, just make sure to discharge the capacitor before you touch anything.

Finn

#241929 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 14 July 2009 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

The first two pictures are of the parking spots near Piccadilly and canterbury (I probably spelled those wrong, I'm not sure how many letters there are) and the second pictures are near canterbury and stafford. The ones near stafford are bigger, but are often filled up. The spots at piccadilly are smaller, and close to peoples yards (just stay out of them and you'll be fine), but people aren't there very often, so they should be open.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks
Finn

#241778 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 13 July 2009 - 07:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, I couldn't fit these pictures in my last post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finn

#241777 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 13 July 2009 - 07:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm only able to attend the war on August 8. Can you post a pic of where to park, meet, etc.?

Yeah, it's going to be Aug. 8th. I currently don't have pictures of where to park, but I'll get some soon. We may have problems parking, but I've got a good sized drive way, about 3/4 of a mile away, so you may have to park there and walk, though, with the amount of people we've got coming, we should be fine. The following pictures should give you an idea of what it's like. It's very similar to where ChANO I and II were.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, that should be enough pictures for now. I'll get the parking pictures next time I go to Frays Park. Oh yeah, I forgot to say this earlier, but you're going to want to bring some money for lunch.

Thanks
Finn

#241664 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 12 July 2009 - 08:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, I know that I've posted way to freakin' much in this thread, but I've got a [size=7]BIG[size=1] question for you guys. The 18th seemed to be better for me, but I'm guessing that since that's very close, it's probably a no go. I would like to host this closer than the eigth of August, because that's not the best date for me (but it'll work). The replacement date would be July 18, how many people could make it that day? I prefer smaller wars, so if it's about nine of ten people, I'm fine with it. If this isn't good, just tell me (preferably VIA PMs). I'm open to other dates, also.

Thanks/Sorry
Finn

#241647 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 12 July 2009 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some of these are no longer in existance, and most of them I don't use anyway. I just thought that I should throw some of my crap out here. PM me with questions.

Finn

#241640 Armageddon Recap

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 12 July 2009 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

-Fail Kid 1 and Fail Kid 2

Who are they? Why are they failures?

Finn

#241520 The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 July 2009 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

Your planning on replacing the back handle, right? I hate to see BnAs with big chunky handles on the back. If your going to replace it, I would suggest epoxy and a 3/4" CPVC "T". It works very well.

Finn

I don't know why I'd replace the handle with something structurally weaker, smaller, less attractive (imo), and much less comfortable.

Well, I guess I'm wierd then. I always thought that the handle was fairly flimsy and uncomfortable, and unattractive. It's your blaster, I'm just making suggestions. I think it's looking great, though.

Posted Image

Finn

#241491 The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 July 2009 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

Your planning on replacing the back handle, right? I hate to see BnAs with big chunky handles on the back. If your going to replace it, I would suggest epoxy and a 3/4" CPVC "T". It works very well.

Finn

#241489 Ohio-nerf War-july18-cinncinati

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 July 2009 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, aparrently my mom had to work, and this was supposed to be a family vacation, so I can't come. I'm sorry.

Finn

#241447 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 July 2009 - 01:22 PM in Darts and Barrels

Well I just went to Ace and I found these while I was there.

Could You Post The Packaging?

Also..How much Were They? How many Did It Come With?

$4.79 for 16 of them. You can buy them here.

Sham a lam a ding dong. Search next time, that took me two minutes. They're obviously waaaaay too expensive to actually use. Oh, and Merz', your darts are used by ninjas. I've only lost one so far and they shoot more accurately than any other darts I've shot.

Finn

#241440 Ohio-nerf War-july18-cinncinati

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 July 2009 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Any suggestions for good hotels? My family's going down here for a couple of days (that's how I'm making it to this war) and a place to stay is needed.

Thanks
Finn

#241434 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 July 2009 - 11:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Updated, guys. It's lookin' good so far.

Thanks
Finn

#239976 Ohio-nerf War-july18-cinncinati

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 03 July 2009 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

i plan on making 1/2inch stefans and selling them at the war, i would just like to know how many people will be wanting some.

I'm interested. Pictures? What size of barrel does it fit snuggly (tight, but not too tight)? What are they weighted with? What kind of foam is it? What kind of tips do they have.

Thanks
Finn

#239949 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 03 July 2009 - 10:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I need confirmation of attendance from people that are unsure at the moment.

Thanks
Finn

#239470 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 30 June 2009 - 07:16 PM in Nerf Wars

No more people? We're almost at the golden number, infact, if I can get some of the maybies confirmed, we'll be good.

Thanks
Finn

#239266 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 June 2009 - 04:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Possibly me + more people.

Updated.

Finn

#239255 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 June 2009 - 04:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I am still trying to get my parents to drive me to this one. We only live like 1-2 hours away from Kalamazoo. Also, another game that would be fun is capture the flag.

Okay, I'll add it to the list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks
Finn

#239187 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 June 2009 - 09:12 AM in Nerf Wars

The location has been changed, and the rest of the first post has been updated.

Thanks
Finn

#239183 Biodegradable Darts

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 June 2009 - 09:07 AM in Homemades

I have an easy solution, just grab a piece of your barrel material, about the length of your darts.

And stab the hell out of some muffins!!!

(make sure the muffin is old though, or it wil crumble to much!)

Then grab a ramrod and push them out.

Or even better, when you are using speedloaders(?) (2 barrels taped together, and switched around after every shot) you can just push the ends in a muffin and you are ready to go!!

I've done that with potatoes, apples, and bananas. It doesn't hurt to get shot with, and if you're using a powerful blaster, you can feel a small amount of recoil. It doesn't have much less range then a stefan, either, and it's pretty accurate.

Finn

#239094 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 28 June 2009 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

To me it looks like a giant open field.

Is this the one you're talking about?

GPS coordinates: 42.254903,-85.678360

If the playing area is good, I'll definitely come since a bunch of other Chicagoans are coming as well.

Pictures would be wonderful.

Yes it's just an open field, but I'm planning on bringing some obstacles. I kind of like that it's a big open field. Also (if you don't and you'd like a different location, feel free to suggest one), if others could bring obstacles, great, that would be really helpful.

Thanks
Finn

#239048 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 28 June 2009 - 02:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Updated.

Finn

Can you please update your first post with an address of the location?

Also, some pictures of the location would be helpful in improving your attendance.

Edit: Oh, and I'll most likely be attending maybe +1.

Sure, next time I'm at Wally's (a sandwich shop down the street from the location, which I'm going to eat lunch at) I'll get some photos of it. I don't think there's an address, on google maps it's just called flesher field.

Thanks
Finn

#239002 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 28 June 2009 - 08:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Updated.

Finn

#238814 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 26 June 2009 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be unvieling the Hell Storm and a mobile bunker/gun emplacement at this event. I'll post more details in the homemades thread. Also, the location is now Flescher field. Guys, I'm going to need conformation of attendance, too.

Thanks
Finn

#238657 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 25 June 2009 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Blub, blub, blub, bumpety-bump.

Finn

#238463 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 24 June 2009 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Date has been changed to the 8th of August.

Thanks
Finn

#238423 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 24 June 2009 - 04:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I believe you've misspoken. "June 6, 2009" is a previous date. Throw me down as a maybe, I'm going to Ohio sometime this July.

Finn

#238392 Nerfing Colleges

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 24 June 2009 - 02:04 PM in General Nerf

I'm not totally sure, but I think that University of Chicago's got some indoor skirmishes.

At this moment, that would be incorrect.

However, we do host the ChANOs in the Chicago area, less than a mile from campus.

Sorry, I meant the dorms.

Finn

#238244 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 June 2009 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Date has been changed to the 19th of July.

Finn

#238242 Ohio-nerf War-july18-cinncinati

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 June 2009 - 08:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for now, I'll change my war date.

Finn

#238209 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 June 2009 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Are we allowed to bump war threads?

Thanks
Finn

#238039 Nerfing Colleges

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 June 2009 - 04:49 PM in General Nerf

I'm not totally sure, but I think that University of Chicago's dorms have got some indoor skirmishes.

Finn

EDIT: Holy shit: 299th post on the 'Haven, I really need to have a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up.

#237945 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 June 2009 - 07:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Got work, so no can do. I could possibly make the 18th though, but then the co-host wouldn't make it.

The 28th was a typo, sorry. The real date was the 18.

Finn

#237822 Manuver Alpha Charlie Orange Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 21 June 2009 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello, all. Before I say anything, Waffle came up with the name, thank you, Waffle. The date is August 8. The location is going to be Frays Park (though, I probably spelled that incorrectly). For those of you who don't know where that is, it's in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The time is going to be 9:00 to 5:00, but I'll be there early and stay there late. We're about 1.25 hours from the Ohio border, 1 hour from the Indy border, and 2 hours from Chicago.

Here's what not to bring.

- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least FOUR barrels - a minimum of FOUR attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.

- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least two barrels.

- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel.

- Air-powered homemades (spring-powered ones are acceptable) will be considered on a case by case basis as well but the limitations on those will be stricter, since they're generally able to put out a lot more air than most of the big blasters. If they shoot less than 140ft flat they'll probably be okay. +Bows are allowed, because they're awesome.

- In the pistol rounds, the following will be banned: SM750s, Secret Shot 2s, AT2Ks, and some other high powered air pistols. Again, if you feel that you have a gun that should be an exception to this banned list, by all means, bring it along for testing.

- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it, except for PASs and RFDGs. Those come in that color and are therefore fine. You need a flourecent tip on anything that's black, I'll probably have some orange DUCK tape.

Here's what you should bring.

-150-200 darts IF POSSIBLE- From my experience, more darts the better. People are always asking to borrow some, and doing a favor is a nice thing. Also, you don't want to be running out of darts in the middle of the round. NOTE: Don't rely on other people to bring darts for you.

-Bring at least a Primary and a pistol (That is not banned from above). You want to nerf, right?

-Obstacles/bunkers. We'll be playing in a park with some scattered trees and a jungle gym in the center, these will help.

-A melee weapon. We'll be having a melee round.

-EYE PROTECTION IS NECESSARY FOR GAME PLAY

And here's some stuff to keep in mind.

-Barrel tapping- Use this technique if you have the chance, no one likes being shot from 3 ft away. This is not mandatory, but again, dick moves are not fun.

-Absolutely no dart stealing. You can borrow darts or buy darts, but you can't just take them without asking.

-If you're caught commiting douche-nozzlery, you'll either be asked to leave or shot at randomly with high powered blasters.

-CALL YOUR HITS!!!

Game types will include the following. Don't mind telling me if you'd like another game type, I'll be sure to add it.

-Defend the core.
-Ridiculous Weapons
-Wingman
-pistols
-Team vs Team Deathmatch
-Possibly HvZ, I'm still learning that one.
-Possibly RvZ, I'm still learning that one, too.
-VIP
-Gun Slingers
-Melee

Definite players are listed below.

-Finn (me) + X
-Oodalumps + X
-Gold Hawk + 2
-Flounder + 1

Players that are unsure of participation are listed below.

-Twitch
-Mr_BadWrench
-2222Golf (YouBube, he lives across the street from the location, lol)

The location's in the link below.

http://maps.google.c...6,0.019248&z=16

Pictures are in the following pages of this thread.

Thanks
Finn

#237805 What Are These Guns?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 21 June 2009 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

Top: Strike Fire/Cross Fire
Bottom: Lightnin' Blitz

You should have just searched or looked them up on Nerf Wiki'.

Finn

#237803 Kano Planning Thread

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 21 June 2009 - 03:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Come on guys! There are currently only 7-14 people attending! We need some more people and some help here.

Thanks
Finn

#237749 A Breeched Bbbb

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 21 June 2009 - 09:39 AM in Modifications

Isn't CPVC too tight for air guns?

Not if you have darts that fit loosely in CPVC. Chaos Raisin, There are straight grooves in the LS stock barrel that are probably letting alot of that air escape. How well does it seal?

Finn