Horus's Content

There have been 108 items by Horus (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#225713 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 25 April 2009 - 10:53 AM in Off Topic

Hey spartan.062, in the vid game world it is more commonly known as COD:WAR, to specify what kind of game it is in a better light. WAW seems a little babyish, I mean what would it be like being pwned by a 2 year old when you're a level 64 in that game? Since it is about WWII, they abbreviate it as WAR.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?!?!?

Posted Image

#225613 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 24 April 2009 - 09:11 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, anyone else realized that the abbreviation for Call of Duty: World At War is COD:WAR? It seems kind of like a war between fish.....

Anyways, I am still outta live.

L2READ

SAGESAGESAGESAGESAGE

#224749 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 21 April 2009 - 02:28 PM in Off Topic

I'll join you guys.

#224153 Mac Vs Pc

Posted by Horus on 17 April 2009 - 03:11 PM in Off Topic

It really depends on what you are looking for in a computer.

APPLE:
+ Sleek, cool looking, hip
+ Compact with limited cables
+ Virus-free
+ Amazing selection of artistic software (Protools Audio, etc.)
+ Easy user-interface
- More expensive for less-than-stellar components as compared to a PC
- Not as versatile
- Apple specific parts can be a hassle and costly
- Smaller selection of software than PC

PC:
+ Versatile, easy to upgrade
+ Cheaper parts
+ Wide variety of software
+ Easy interfacing
- Easily gets viruses
- Some Operating Systems are hit-and-miss
- Comes with very little useful software
- Can be complex to operate

Meh? I prefer running PC for my personal stuff, but I have a Mac running in my recording studio. So I'm fairly unbiased.

That is all.

#223984 Byob

Posted by Horus on 16 April 2009 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

Jesus Christ Horus, who the fuck cares?! That point has been brought up COUNTLESS TIMES BEFORE. Even hasbro itself refers to the longshot "clips" as clips, NOT MAGAZINES. So that's what they are called. Nerf blasters aren't real guns, and don't need to use the same terminology.

Posted Image

"The detachable magazine is often referred to as a clip; the correctness of this usage has been the subject of debate for most of a century."

Also on the Wiki. Unless your an expert on the subject, why does anyone care?

Posted Image

You teenagers need to stop bein' so dayum igna'nt.

That is all.

#223876 Byob

Posted by Horus on 15 April 2009 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Remember, every clipped gun, besides the LS, is absolute shit.

Vindicator says otherwise.

So does Mr. FAR

And probably some others I don't care to look up right now.

Just because something is a fad, doesn't mean something is necessarily stupid, or vice versa. You can't always tell a book by it's cover.

I meant magazine using guns made recently are all bad. The PC uses more of a dart holder, rather than something that advances the darts, and the FAR is just fucking homemade awesomesauce.

I was referring more to the Recon, and Monsters vs. Aliens gun.

I still say that it only fires darts in its pistol form, being primed by fulling that square on the side back, just like the original Clone Troopers Blaster. There's no way that it can fire a dart down that much faux barreling, or transport the air that far. I also see no evidence of a magazine.

Hell, I see a something that looks damn like a clip right above the trigger!

Please learn the correct form of these words.

CLIP: A body used to hold munitions in a position ready to be fired
i.e. - M1 Garrand, Powerclip, Magstrike

MAGAZINE: A container that feeds munition into the breech of a firearm.
i.e. - M4 Carbine, Longshot, Recon, Raider

SOURCE:
- CLIP
- MAGAZINE

That is all.

#223739 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Horus on 14 April 2009 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

PM'd, sir.

Time to put my recording studio to lesser (but more comedic) use.

That is all.

#223361 Easter.

Posted by Horus on 13 April 2009 - 07:47 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Best one I could find...

Sadly, us Christians don't seem to be quite as inventive...or imaginative...

Belated Happy Easter!

HA! Nice! Happy Easter to you too.

#223218 Easter.

Posted by Horus on 12 April 2009 - 01:43 PM in Off Topic

Happy Zombie Jesus Day! :P

Reminded me of this:
EDIT: FIX'D
Posted Image
I'll just leave this here.

#223173 Easter.

Posted by Horus on 12 April 2009 - 08:35 AM in Off Topic

Happy Jesus Day.

I'm celebrating by going to the mall and shooting up the Easter Bunny with my Vulcan and singled Titan. Hilarity to ensue.

Pictures coming shortly.

That is all.

#223045 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 11 April 2009 - 07:04 PM in Off Topic

And besides, aren't you under-aged Horus?

And? I mean, really. Stop asking stupid questions you know the answers to.

#222965 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 11 April 2009 - 10:08 AM in Off Topic

Anybody play Battlefield: Bad Company? I think Gold Rush could be made into a cool round for Nerf Wars, But if anybody wants to play on the 360 Hit me up GT= ThaGreatGazoo

What other system would we be playing on ITT? Ha.

Most People I know have both systems, and different games on each.

And from the looks of it, You might want to lay off the liquor before posting.

I was simply pointing out that this is the Xbox 360 thread. It wasn't criticism or anything. Chill.

And posting while inebriated is the most fun.

That's all.

#222837 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 10 April 2009 - 04:07 PM in Off Topic

Anybody play Battlefield: Bad Company? I think Gold Rush could be made into a cool round for Nerf Wars, But if anybody wants to play on the 360 Hit me up GT= ThaGreatGazoo

What other system would we be playing on ITT? Ha.

#221507 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 03 April 2009 - 11:06 PM in Off Topic

Horus, If you actually had a brain, you would have posted where you got it from rather than let us infer things. Go get off the NIC's balls.

lolwut

I don't belive you got that for free.I've never heard of a tournament at Gamestop to win a game.But I'm no gamer. And so I'm posting somthing relivant to the thread, Ive been saving my money up for somthing either Airsoft or Guitar related, so the next game I get will probably Call of Duty 5 (Modern Warfare 2)

Proof-a-plenty, sir:
LINK
Posted Image
Suck it.

That is all.

EDIT: LEFT 4 DEAD AND BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI AND HALO WARS NAO!!!

#221325 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 02 April 2009 - 08:03 PM in Off Topic

Horus, If you actually had a brain, you would have posted where you got it from rather than let us infer things. Go get off the NIC's balls.

lolwut

#221177 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 01 April 2009 - 10:35 PM in Off Topic

Ok, then other than the people who got the Halo Wars SE, then there you go. Is it fricking impossible for you to not correct anyone for your own sick amusement Horus? Just because you had the dang maps doesn't mean we all went and spent $80 when we could wait a few weeks and buy the maps for oh, maybe $10? Halo wars wasn't that great in my opinion, it was only a way for me to waste time. IF you already have the thing, it wasn't neccessary to do that.

Sicks amusement is what it's all about. And besides; I didn't pay $80. I was good enough to win the pre-release tournament at Gamestop and won the Limited Edition. Get off my nuts.

That is all.

#221079 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 01 April 2009 - 04:35 PM in Off Topic

NEW FOR HALO 3 PlAYERS: The Mythic Map Pack is being officially released April 9th, 2009. It is 800 microsoft points, and comes with Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox.

That is all. I like men.

I've had it for the past month and a half. Not news at all.

THAT is all. [Copyright Horus 2009. All rights reserved.]

#220903 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 31 March 2009 - 04:10 PM in Off Topic

Just got Left 4 Dead. Hit me up if you want to play. [Fury of Horus]

#219724 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by Horus on 24 March 2009 - 11:03 PM in Off Topic

Fuck. I've determined that since you came to a NERF FORUM for help on a video conversion that you need something simple.

Go on Google and search these items. First results.

SUPER C
-Already mentioned. It's free and relatively easy to use.

TOTAL VIDEO CONVERTER
-Free. Easy to use.

PRISM
-Free [trial]. Trial will take care of you. It's easy as hell. Most Recommended for those of you who don't know about computers [Read: everyone who hasn't hit puberty yet or is barely old enough to use this site]

SHIT LIST:
VIDEORA
-Complex [Read: GAY]

MEDIA CODER
-LAG

ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR
-Does this need explaination?

#219109 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 21 March 2009 - 02:43 PM in Off Topic

New Call of Duty: World at War DLC on the marketplace. Three new multiplayer maps and a new NAZI ZOMBIES map. Shit is so cash. They upped the fear level and difficulty. I came fear. I'll be on late night with an open party. Hit me up with an invite or whatever.

#218712 The Ocarina Of Rhyme

Posted by Horus on 18 March 2009 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

I personally think it sucked.I hate rap, and this is no exception.Rap takes very minimal skill theres hardly any singing, and all thats in the background is some drum machine.And ledgend of Zelda doesnt go good with rap.Or probably anything,

You, sir, are very sterotypical, generalizing, and overall ignorant. Listen to THIS. Actually listen to it. Hear the words. Listen to the story. Try and understand what he is saying. Then try and say what you just said. Don't disrespect music.

This goes for all of you.

That is all.

#217449 Watchmen

Posted by Horus on 11 March 2009 - 02:17 PM in Off Topic

Uh, I'm only 14 and the ticket lady let me in for free. So really, I'd feel horrible if I paid $10 extra to see an R-Rated movie.

I didn't pay ten extra dollars. Instead of buying the ticket, I gave her $10.

#217367 Watchmen

Posted by Horus on 10 March 2009 - 06:15 PM in Off Topic

You guys should not complain about the casting of Billy Crudup as Mr. Manhattan. The role was once pursued by actor Keanu Reeves, but the actor abandoned his pursuit when the studio held up the project over budget concerns. Snyder chose not to electronically alter Crudup's voice for Manhattan, explaining the character "would try and put everyone as much at ease as he could, instead of having a robotic voice that I think would feel off-putting".

The role of Ozymandias was originally connected to actors Jude Law, Lee Pace, and Tom Cruise (who Snyder felt would have been better as Manhattan), but they left the project behind due to the studio's delay in handling the budget. Snyder said Goode was "big and tall and lean", which aided in bringing "this beautiful ageless, Aryan superman" feel to the character.

Ultimately, Hamm's script altered the ending, having Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan die and the remaining characters teleported to the real world created as a result of time travel. In an interview with Variety's Danny Graydon, during Warner Bros.'s first possession of feature film rights for Watchmen, Moore changed his mind, adamantly opposing a film adaptation of his comic book.

Source: Wikipedia

Overall, I loved the movie. Mostly because the hottie behind the ticket booth let me give her $10 to see it with my underage friend. I thought it stayed respectively true to the comic. I was glad to see a superhero movie that wasn't shitty and contrived for once.

EDIT: After reading the comments regarding the score, I decided to post my response. I can't disagree with those of you who said it was poorly done anymore. Bob Dylan's "These Times Are a-Changin" used for the opening was a a perfect choice to play while showing the audience that things were "a-Changin". Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" could be found in the novel (I believe this was mentioned by another person). The song played during the Comedian's funeral sequence was almost peppy and upbeat and was used as a tool of irony for the scene, which is what the Comedian's character truly embodied: Irony in human life. The reason the music changed so abruptly was that it changed with the scenes. The score was designed around the premise that the producers were making a film adaptation of the comic. Those quick changes in the music were made to stylize the comic-feel. I was actually rather disappointed with the original composed parts of the score. They were too bland. And whoever thinks "Neunundneunzig LuftBallons" being out of place needs to jump the fuck off a bridge for being so stupid.

That is all.

#217361 Supernova

Posted by Horus on 10 March 2009 - 06:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. I live up in Winchester, so distance is no problem, but I'm not sure about my schedule.

#216343 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 04 March 2009 - 09:03 PM in Off Topic

500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR TRIPLE POST --- PLEASE DISREGARD

#216342 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 04 March 2009 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR TRIPLE POST --- PLEASE DISREGARD

#216341 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 04 March 2009 - 09:01 PM in Off Topic

Just got Halo Wars yesterday. I'm addicted. f you want to play, feel more than welcome to send me an invite. To anything. But if you want to play Halo Wars, I have it.

Side note: Xbox Live messed up and my friend's list was erased. If you guys who see this could drop me a friend request, that would majorly appreciate.

Peace, mofos.

That is all.

#216339 The Mtr

Posted by Horus on 04 March 2009 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Great job. Very clean. I really like how you painted your PVC. I can't stand the look of uncovered PVC. I'm going to be trying this soon. Kudos.

That is all.

#212829 More Of The Raider

Posted by Horus on 16 February 2009 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

Whoa, i just came up with an idea. What if you single the raider, get a longshot front bun pump handle, and use it like a single shotgun. All my idea, so please don't copy it.

Don't reproduce. For all our sakes. Thank you.

#212380 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 15 February 2009 - 09:30 AM in Off Topic

Wow.

@ Chanclas : I appreciate you "having my back", but that was taking matters a little too far. I can take care of things.

@ nerfsharpie : You and I are cool. I don't have a problem with you, seeing as how you actually do what I made this thread for. Kudos.

@ Boss18 : I'm working on it. I'll set something up tonight. Maybe.

#212277 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 14 February 2009 - 06:58 PM in Off Topic

Made "The List"

There you go.

That is all.

#212272 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 14 February 2009 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

@ Cheez : I don't hate my life. And I'm not taking anything out on people here. I'm pissed because of kids like you who say stupid shit and get on my case for no reason.
EDIT: Thank you for actually compiling the gamertags. I will put it in the first post and match the corresponding gamertags. Thank you for actually making my so called "job" easier.

@ Vistagecko : Fuck you, asshole.

@ Homestar : Are you defending me?

I LOVE how you guys are taking some "title" seriously. It means NOTHING. He just said that because I was the only on who actually made an effort to get a thread like this started. Calm the fuck down.

That is all.

#212254 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 14 February 2009 - 05:12 PM in Off Topic

@ Tatum Bull : Quit being a fucking prick. Seriously. Get the fuck off my case.

@ nerfsharpie : I'm not banned. I'm really trying hard not to fail my college classes and don't have alot of free time to devote to the site. I'm working on it.

@ Boss18 : What kind of responsibility are you talking about. It's a fucking Do-It-Yourself Thread. Read the first post, god damnit.

Seriously, guys. Read the fucking first post. I'm really cool with most of you guys, but for people like you, Tantrum Bull and Boss18, you two are really starting to piss me the fuck off. Read the first post.

Read the first post

READ THE FIRST POST

READ THE FIRST FUCKING POST

#204327 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 18 January 2009 - 01:54 AM in Off Topic

Thank you's go out to
- ace of nerf
- nerfsharpie6
- sidamazo

For actually doing like this thread is made for. SRSLY.

That is all.

#204218 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 17 January 2009 - 07:14 PM in Off Topic

Thanks, Talio. Sorry for flipping shit on you guys, but I meant what I said. After you're done with puberty, you'll understand what I said. Some of you might even find out that girls, in fact, do NOT have "Cooties".

Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot, Motherfuckers. I'm going to be on tonight. I'll have a party going, so I'll play whatever you want. Just join my party and I will drop everything and play with you. I'll invite everyone from The 'Haven that's online, too. I'm yours tonight, NIC. But you gotta buy me dinner first. And I don't fuck on the first date.

That is all, bitches.

#203850 Your Nerf Gun Ranges

Posted by Horus on 16 January 2009 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Admins are being notified.

That is all.

#203608 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 15 January 2009 - 05:13 PM in Off Topic

lets have another game nite?

Well seeing as our unofficial official xbox live manager, has not been doing his job, someone with a strong connection will have to co-host a new game night.

Horus, rather than having an intimate relationship with that lovely hobo you met on your way home from the sperm bank, you should retain your title and organize an xbox game night.

That is all. (How many times do you feel you have to end a post like that?)

/bitching.

See, in this world, there are these wonderful creations that the few and the proud of us like to call women. Now, seeing as how most of you are under the age of 16, you might not know what these odd creatures are. I'll fill you guys in. These mythical beings are attractive. And, if you play your cards right, they might touch that thing in your pants that you are so used to touching by yourself in front of the computer with your door closed, praying to God your parents don't walk in and catch your prepubescent asses.

TL;DR: Quit bitching. I'm getting action, and if you guys are going to get on my fucking case for not getting on a VIDEO GAME then you really should grow the fuck up. And if you have a problem, PM me.

Check the first post.

That is fucking all.

#202811 Firefly Mods

Posted by Horus on 12 January 2009 - 10:16 AM in Modifications

Christ Almighty. Here we go:

Posted Image

ITT: I made that.

That my friend is great. What is it with all the new people?

Horus, Before you post a topic try your best to check the mod directory and search or else someone can accuse you of plagrism.

Excuse me. Please read the name of the OP before you blame me for his (lazer371) faggotry. KTHXBAI

#202772 Firefly Mods

Posted by Horus on 11 January 2009 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

Christ Almighty. Here we go:

Posted Image

ITT: I made that.

#202556 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Horus on 11 January 2009 - 04:47 AM in Off Topic

I must once again for apologize for not attending my own game night. I had this thing called a date. With a girl. And tits.

That is all.