Foamfoot's Content

There have been 406 items by Foamfoot (Search limited from 21-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#189725 Got A Little Something To Talk About.

Posted by Foamfoot on 14 November 2008 - 05:58 PM in Off Topic

I think your question would be much more suited for this website.

#189885 Hey Guys! Quick Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 15 November 2008 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

While we have a topic like this up, me and a few others were wondering. We have handmade manta shells, can we use them in a war like a manta ray shell?

#189896 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Foamfoot on 15 November 2008 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I am seriously looking into being there. I might go, maybe show off my new project (Hint: Manta ray shield).

EDIT: Can't make it, prices of tickets too much. The farthest I can do is Oregon, guess I'll see you at one of the future LANOs.

#190213 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 17 November 2008 - 01:23 AM in Off Topic

Skateboard

This is the first piece of my multimedia project... It's Different. "It's Different" is all about how Nerfing, as a sport is different. This is my contribution to this community as a whole. It will include multiple Zazzle and Cafepress items, new modifications that will have as much publicity as I can possibly get for them, a Comic Series (inspired by DBF, but not a rip-off), development of new Nerfing network in the northwest, artwork, multiple Nerfing Wars, a printed guide to Nerfing, possibly a contest, and (hopefully) a documentary.

All of these will be free (except the Zazzle and Cafepress stuff), and will belong to the public domain. You may use my pictures anywhere you want, and you will be able to download the movie (if it happens) for free. Nothing here will be my intellectual property (unless stated), none of it will bear the word "Nerf" to avoid trademark issues. I believe Nerfing as an adjective is ok, correct me if I'm wrong.

This is purely a humanitarian project, it is a gift to the community, and will hopefully be from all of you, not just me. This is mainly about getting more people to Nerf. Years ago, we were asked to "Get out and Nerf" Now I'm asking you to "Get out and get someone else to Nerf".

Edit: READ PAGE 2 BEFORE POSTING

#190215 New, Broken Secret Strike

Posted by Foamfoot on 17 November 2008 - 01:46 AM in General Nerf

SSPBs have a tendency to lose seal, I dissected mine, and I could still not get it to work. It was not as well designed as it could have been.

#190320 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 17 November 2008 - 07:10 PM in Off Topic

The documentary is already underway by Bags who (no offense) probably has more experience and training in film-making than you. Not to mention the original soundtrack by Falcon, and cinematography by PILZ.

Its called Season of Foam, and its going to ROCK!

I've seen that, it's going to kick ass. I'm not attempting to compete with SOF in any way. I never said mine wil be better. In my defense, Michael Moore is an excellent filmmaker, but has never had any training(not to say I support his views or not, he just has quality). I can get a soundtrack, I'm pretty good at guitar and piano. I will need someone to film it however, and it will be more a call to action rather than a showing of our culture.

#190421 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 17 November 2008 - 11:56 PM in Off Topic

The crossbow is meant to be unclean, however, if someone knows a way (or a free program) for me to make a nicer crossbow, please tell me so that it can be in the final draft for the poster.

Edit: Somehow my post got posted twice, sorry.

I'm pretty sure that it is cali wood.

#190422 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 17 November 2008 - 11:59 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, accidental double post.

#190429 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 November 2008 - 12:33 AM in Off Topic

You guys are forgetting, whoever took that picture owns it. If I put that on something and sold it, it would not be considered fair use and would be illegal.

#191090 Laptop Recomendation?

Posted by Foamfoot on 21 November 2008 - 12:00 PM in Off Topic

Cache size is pretty important for processing video.

I hadn't even been looking at GPUs...

Which are pretty important if you want to do any kind of gaming at all. None of the Intel Graphics options can even run recent titles.

I'll second that, I have a recent intel graphics card, and I popped "The God Father, The Game" in and everything was completely white. I could not believe it, all it was able to run were the black outlines on everything. (I was very impressed with the Wii version's graphics, though)

Bottom line, I played a game for 3 weeks with nothing but black outlines, it sucked, get a decent card if you want to play any game past 03'. Shoot, Halo 1 barely even works on this thing.

Oh, and as a side note, if you plan to do drawing or any kind of art with your computer (which I know you aren't), you need a USB touchpad.
Or a Mac :D

#191400 Website Builder?

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 11:46 AM in Off Topic

Don't go to freewebs, their tools are annoying as hell. I would suggest weebly, domains are cheap and you can use stuff that they have or put code into the page. It's by far the easiest site builder I've ever used.

#191403 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 11:49 AM in Off Topic

I love it how the Wii's firmware is pretty annoying, yet everyone is attempting to follow it's mold.

I do admit that Miis are not as good as some of the other avatar type things on PS3 and Xbox. At least they got something right.

#191431 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 01:59 PM in Off Topic

Enjoy

#191433 Reputation System

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 02:07 PM in Site Feedback

Seriously, look at yahoo answers, that shit is so messed up, it's not even funny.

I would be okay with some more moderators and a much more demanding validation system (1000 word essay anyone?). I also wish we had a little bit looser rules here, but I would NEVER want a rep system.

#191441 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 02:34 PM in Off Topic

I don't really like that design, but that's just my opinion. It looks to me like it was dashed off in a few minutes (though I'm assuming that isn't the case). I don't know, I think you should abandon the messy/childish look and go for something sleeker.

It's called retro, not a messy/childish style. Don't worry, I am currently working on sleek poster, complete with 3-D drawings, and if I can figure it out, a poster that actually IS 3d (with those glasses)

#191489 Nerf Vocab

Posted by Foamfoot on 23 November 2008 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

Ok, if all you want is the abbreviations on the haven, here you go:

Tlp Baps
If you see a gun name or abbrreviation that is missing, please post it and I will add it to the list.

- - - GUNS - - -

- # -

2Xbow - Double Crossbow
2x X-Bow - Double Crossbow
2S - Double shot
2xshot - Double shot
3B - Big Bad Bow
3S - Triple Strike

- A -

A-Storm - ArrowStorm
A-Strike - Arrow Strike
ABA- Atom Blaster Atomizer
ABC- Atom Blaster Cyclotron
ABR- Atom blaster Reactor
AT1K - AirTech 1000
AT2K - AirTech 2000
AT3K - AirTech 3000
AT4K - AirTech 4000
ATBB- AirTech ball blaster

- B -

BB- Lanard Blast Bazooka
BBB - Big Bad Bow
BF - BlastFire
BG - blowgun (home made)
BnA - Bow 'n' Arrow
BS - Big Salvo

- C -

CmLII - CommLink II
CLII - CommLink II
C-Bow - CrossBow
CB - CrossBow
CF - Crossfire
CS-6 LongShot

- D -

DTB - Dart Tag blatser
DTCF: Crossfire
DS - Double Shot
DT3 - Defender T3

- E -

EE - (Usauly) Eagle Eye
EE - ( Also ) Electric Eel
E-A-B (or) EaB - Expand-A-Blast

- F -

FB - FastBlast
Ff - FastFire (Not often mentioned) (Not Nerf Brand)
FF - Fire Fly
FS - FireStorm (Not Nerf Brand)
FS - First Shot

- G -

GS - Gyrostrike (Like anyone cares?)

- H -

HB - Hydro Bazooka
HS - Hidden Shot
HT - Hornet

- I -

- J -

- K -

- L -

LB - Lightnin' Blitz
LBB- Lanard Blast Bazooka
LF - Laser Fang
LnL - Lock 'n Load
LS2 - Light Storm 2
LS - LongShot
LSL - Lanard Speed Loader
LT - Laser Tek

- M -

M6 - Mech 6
M3 - Mech 3
MB - Master Blaster
MBB - Mech Ball Blaster
MBZ (or) MP150 - Motorized BallZooka | MP150
MGS - MagStrike
MS (or) M-Storm - MissileStorm
MS - Max Shot

- N -

NF - NiteFinder
NB1 - NB-1 Missile Blaster

- O -

- P -

PC - PowerClip | DX1000
PS - PowerStrike (Not Nerf Brand)

- R -

RB- Ratchetblast
RC6 - Recon RCS-6
RCN - Recon RCS-6
RF20
RFR - Rapid Fire Rifle
RS - Rev Shot
RT(T) - Rototrack
RZB- Razorbeast
RZF- Razorfin

- S -

SS - Secret Shot
Ss - Sharpshooter
SS2 - Secret Shot II
SSII - Sharpshooter II
SF - SplitFire
Sm250 - SuperMaxx 250
Sm350 - SuperMaxx 350
Sm750 - SuperMaxx 750
Sm1500 - SuperMaxx 1500
Sm3000Y - SuperMaxx 3000 (Yellow)
Sm3000G - SuperMaxx 3000 (Green)
Sm3000B - SuperMaxx 3000 (Blue)
Sm5000 - SuperMaxx 5000
SmDs - SuperMaxx DiscShooter
SSM - Switch Shots Max
SSPB - Secret Strike Pocket Blaster
SSU - Switch Shots Ultra
SSS - Switch Shots Super
STH - Sawtooth
ST - Single Tek
STS - Secret Target Strike

- T -

T4 - Tek 4
T6 - Tek 6
T10 - Tek 10
TX2 - Vortex Tornado X/2
TS - Triple Strike
TT - TripleTorch
TT2: The Scout clone that comes with the new Tech Target.
TTEK - Transforming Tek
TTS - TechTarget Set (Usauly refering to the gun included with the set)
TTG - TechTarget Gun (The gun included in the TechTarget set)
TTG2: The Scout clone that comes with the new Tech Target.

- U -

- V -

- W -

WF - WildFire
WCLP-Weird Cheap Little Pistol

- X -

X-Bow - CrossBow

- Y -

- Z -

- - - Other - - -

FBR - Foam Baker Rod
FPS - Feet per Second
ROF - Rate Of Fire
RPM - Rounds per minute
PSI - Pounds per Square Inch
PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride, Usually referring to PVC piping

#191844 I Don't Know How To Tell You This.....

Posted by Foamfoot on 25 November 2008 - 04:37 AM in General Nerf

Hey spoon, I knew your stuff since I was 8 years old, I looked at your Nerf page, it was sweet.

Edit: Now if only we knew where the hell CX was...

#192031 The E-tape 5k

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 November 2008 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

I'm sure we are all happy that you are trying to contribute, and I applaud you for doing so.

However, unless your modification has something significantly new that effects it's performance, it belongs in This Thread.

#192035 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 November 2008 - 01:18 AM in Off Topic

The NXE is...well its a Microsoft idea. You still have to give them props for trying. And truly the Netflix instant watch is just excellent. The 8-way chat is good for when you are having clan meetings, or trying to talk to friends in different games. But the avatars are a slight rip off of the Mii's, and the fact that there are only 4 games out for your avatars costing 10 dollars a piece.

But sadly...I got...THE RINGS. Thats right RROD. Blast the design team who put looks over reliability.

Haha... I've had mine for a while and with a nice lil' fan for it, nothing has happened yet. Yay...
Effeminate FAIL Viva isn't working... noooooo....

Could someone tell me why viva pinata won't run ever since the update?

Edit: Never mind, disc was upside-down.

#192288 Happy Thanksgiving

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 November 2008 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

Tofurkey tastes pretty lame, if your a vegetarian (or vegan), just go with some stuffing and nice veggies.

I will be posting pictures of my feast, prepared by me.

#192410 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 01:21 AM in Off Topic

What kind of mail and browser are you using? Give us more info.

#192411 Happy Thanksgiving

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 01:25 AM in Off Topic

I had a more traditional feast. Note that there is MUCH MUCH more than pictured, we got a 23-pound turkey and made 13 pounds of dressing (yes we weighed it).
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW THIS MOFO?

Posted Image

#192416 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 01:45 AM in Off Topic

Sorry about the lack of info. I'm using IE7 and my friend is using Safari 3. We're both using Yahoo mail, I'm using the old version (styling-wise) and I'm not sure which one my friend is using. Hope that helped!

Weird... Download google chrome and try to open it with that. Mine is doing the same thing, but I use firefox.

#192418 Black Friday Nerf Deals

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 01:48 AM in Off Topic

I'd buy it and immediatly walk across the street to a media reseller. Get like 30 for the game. I'd do it.

So you would pay basically $30 for the Maverick? Don't even bother at that point.

Actually, The game is sixty bucks... I thought there was more when I said I loved it, it's not very good.

#192419 West Salem Turkeyday War

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 01:52 AM in Nerf Wars

And oh yea, the 2 blondes are hot.

"Wow, because that totally sounds like your not a nerdy virgin."- Renegademilitia15

That's because I'm not a nerdy virgin. Yes I am a virgin and yes I am smart but I play football, basketball, and baseball. I'm not a nerd, I'm pretty versatile and can fit in with nerds, punks, "cool" kids, etc. Plus they are hot.

Unless you're being sarcastic in which case I'm still not a nerdy virgin. Virgin:yes, Nerdy:no.

Did we really need to hear that?

On topic, getting girls into Nerf would be a good idea. Didn't we have a female moderator a while back?

#192511 Black Friday Nerf Deals

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 04:22 PM in Off Topic

Let us lay down our wallets in respect:

(Taken from Associated Press, 11/28/08)
"But the excitement over the early morning specials proved fatal for at least one store. Police from Nassau County, N.Y. say a Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled by a throng of unruly shoppers shortly after the Long Island store opened Friday. Wal-Mart offiicals would not confirm reports of stampede, but said a "medical emergency" caused them to close the store."

Someone died the day after thanksgiving because people wanted to save a hundred bucks on a laptop and get their kid a game system at twenty dollars off.

I planned to go shopping today, but now, I'm just gonna spend an extra $10 on an 3k pack...

Horrible, just horrible.

#192512 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

I know I posted this in another thread, but it deserves two posts.

Let us lay down our wallets in respect:

(Taken from Associated Press, 11/28/08)
"But the excitement over the early morning specials proved fatal for at least one store. Police from Nassau County, N.Y. say a Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled by a throng of unruly shoppers shortly after the Long Island store opened Friday. Wal-Mart offiicals would not confirm reports of stampede, but said a "medical emergency" caused them to close the store."

Someone died the day after thanksgiving because people wanted to save a hundred bucks on a laptop and get their kid a game system at twenty dollars off.

I planned to go shopping today, but now, I'm just gonna spend an extra $10 on an 3k pack...

Horrible, just horrible.

#192518 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 04:30 PM in Off Topic

Firefox is REALLY sucking, I can't play google vids, but I can on chrome.

#192521 Black Friday Nerf Deals

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 04:33 PM in Off Topic

Didn't something like that happen last year?

Many people have been injured before, but there has never been a death due to the mad rush.

#192523 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 04:37 PM in Off Topic

Maybe you should update flash. Or maybe you could acknowledge the fact that Google made Chrome. Not Mozzila. Mozzila has no requirement to make sure every site works. If you don't like it, fix the code yourself.

It worked before, and yahoo mail works with chrome and not firefox. I've updated flash twice since this happened. I do know stuff about computers, this is just weird. I've cleared my cache and re-installed firefox. Firefox is also not working with cafepress or zazzle.

#192525 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

I heard they ripped the doors off the store. Sounds like a mob, not Christmas shoppers.

Mob mentality can get pretty bad, it's like the thoughts of everyone combine except for their common sense.

I live in Seattle, so trust me, unless you want National Guard on your ass, walk away from a mob.

#192539 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

Nobody gets trampled on Cyber Monday. I'm currently searching for deals, TRU has the disk shot for 19.99 (the whole set, not the expansion), but it's sold out.

TRU online: 10 dollars off of a purchase of 30, and if you want to add to your pile of unpaid debt, you don't have to pay for 90 days.

#192554 Black Friday Nerf Deals

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 06:11 PM in Off Topic

Yeah but it was a Walmart employee. Is anyone really going to miss that guy?

Dude, either get a job writing for MAD or be respectful of the dead, seriously.

I got a good alternative to the Friday. CYBER MONDAY!

#192621 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 November 2008 - 11:27 PM in Off Topic

I'm running 256 RAM on XP... I already know the answer to this, but just for fun, should I upgrade?

#192680 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 03:26 AM in Off Topic

A lot of the members are going to give you a very long explanation to this, however, here is a condensed version.

Haven: larger fan base, members, publicity, strict rules, two month validation, content-based) Both: forums, some of the same members, talk about nerf) HQ: Discussion based, laid back, loose moderation, auto-validation, more sections, less members, less mods, and it is shrinking

The biggest differences are these

The Haven is a content-based forum, the highest ranking people produce content, people hate those who don't
NHQ is a discussion based forum, so if you aren't contributing, you aren't banned

Oh and The haven has members and is not declining in popularity. Regrettably, we are seeing HQ decline in popularity.

#192686 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 03:43 AM in Off Topic

I thnk your computer may have been infected with the "System32" virus. It starts out doing stuff like this, then gets a LOT worse. Just delete the "System32" folder and you should be good.

THAT IS NOT FUNNY IN ANY WAY, DO NOT DELETE THE SYSTEM32 FOLDER, IT WRECKS YOUR COMPUTER I updated viruscan TODAY and searched, it found no problems... system32 is a system process that is required for using your computer. This is seriously dangerous to a computer, an Admin has been PMed

#192736 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 12:49 PM in Off Topic

I agree with the admin aspect of it, it's like freaking nerf online, new mods all the time and most of them suck.

Well, except for bags and badger.

To be entirely truthful, I love the concept of having a content driven site and a site where we discuss things. I really wish that NHQ had more active members. But, HQ was not really executed very well. My prediction is that it is going to either go offline due to bandwidth issues, and foam universe will take it's place. Or, people will just stop visiting it and foam universe will take it's place. Foam universe has reached a level of popularity that is near HQ status, but it's member count isn't shrinking (not to say that I like foam universe).

#192738 Computer Problems

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 01:01 PM in Off Topic

Considering this isn't even my thread, I'm just gonna post this in a tech forum or yahoo answers, considering how Effeminateally I'm failing.

#192744 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

Ok, now that black Friday is over, let us migrate back to the product awareness thread.

#192754 Question

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2008 - 01:53 PM in Off Topic

I agree with the admin aspect of it, it's like freaking nerf online, new mods all the time and most of them suck.

Well, except for bags and badger.

To be entirely truthful, I love the concept of having a content driven site and a site where we discuss things. I really wish that NHQ had more active members. But, HQ was not really executed very well. My prediction is that it is going to either go offline due to bandwidth issues, and foam universe will take it's place. Or, people will just stop visiting it and foam universe will take it's place. Foam universe has reached a level of popularity that is near HQ status, but it's member count isn't shrinking (not to say that I like foam universe).

The difference between FU and NHQ is that most members on FU are also on NH. FU is less of an alternate forum and more of a private hangout. FU has content and is friendly, NHQ is not. FU will never be the same as NHQ. Bottom line: NH wins, FU winz, NHQ used to win, but now doesn't, mostly thanks to the hack in 2005. As one who reads and posts on all three, I'm not biased. I'm just stating the facts.

What I was more trying to say was that FU (Acronym fail) would become the sister site to nerfhaven, due to NHQ declining. I promise you, unless something drastic happens in the next year, NHQ will probably drop to less than one post daily within about a year and a half. I'm not saying FU and HQ are the same, I'm just saying due to NHQ dieing and FU rising in members, FU will become the second Nerf site.