neonerfer's Content

There have been 376 items by neonerfer (Search limited from 21-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#30046 Seattle Nerf War

Posted by neonerfer on 01 July 2004 - 12:23 PM in Nerf Wars

You'd probably be more successful if you don't create four identical threads.

#11390 San Diego Nerfers Please Respond

Posted by neonerfer on 13 October 2003 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I'm Steve. You can call me Dr. B. Knucks. I'm pretty much the head of the largest San Diego based clan, we've got about 12 active nerfers around my area. There's some people in Rancho Bernardo, but they don't nerf much now. Then there's scattered people all throughout the county. We're located in Northern San Diego County, in the Fallbrook/Bonsall/Vista area. I hold a San Diego Nerf Out in Escondido once or twice a year, usually in the summer. We have wars every so often, but with school, we're really nerfing less. The biggest wars in CA are the LANO's, YANO's, and Armageddon; watch for those threads. Those are in Irvine, but the location we have played at for years is now not a possibility, so we're going to have to figure something out. You'll have to talk to Kev(CXWQ) or Spoon for more info about those wars, they organize them. Southern CA is definately a good place to live in if you're a nerfer. What part of SD do you live in?

#14936 (tear)

Posted by neonerfer on 23 December 2003 - 01:11 PM in Off Topic

Hahah, if I didn't know any better. I'd say that was you attempting to make an important post. And failing miserably. I love it.

#8418 Nerf Mine

Posted by neonerfer on 18 August 2003 - 04:39 PM in Homemades

I'm in the process of making one. It's still in design stages, but I know it can be done. It's basically a homemade gun with a solenoid set up like a land mine. It is set off when the circuit is completed, so you can set it off by step-pad, trip wire, or wireless remote control. If you aren't looking for something that complicated, I've made mines that are set off with trip wire from film canisters. These things are really easy to make. Grab a film canister, save the lid. Fill the bottom of it with a layer of lead sinker weights, then put hot glue over that. If you don't have sinker weights, you can use BB's, but you'll need a few layers of them. Make sure you secure them with a layer of hot glue under and above the weights, whatever you use. I cut a peice of plastic the size of the inner diameter of the canister. I then attatched a spring to it, with another disk of plastic on the other side. Then glue the disk-spring-disk on top of the weight. You now have a basic grenade. I made a pin of a wire clothes hanger, and poked two holes opposite each other near the top of the canister. Push the spring down, put the pin in, then fill it with ammo. Airsoft BB's are reccomended, but if those aren't allowed you can use cut up peices of small hot glue sticks. You can use this as a grenade as is, or modify it slightly to make it a land mine. Attach fishing wire to the cap, then duct tape the grenade to a tree or wall, cap pointing towards desired direction. Tie the trip wire on something accross from the grenade, like a tree or bench. When someone walks by, and trips the wire, it will pull the cap off, spraying ammo towards enemy. These work great as grenades and land mines, and are pretty cheap. The ammo shoots up about 15-20 feet in the air, with a 2 foot spread, then falls back down, creating a 15 foot diameter which they fall back down.

#70914 Happy Birthday Neonerfer

Posted by neonerfer on 13 January 2006 - 02:22 AM in Off Topic

:)

thanks baby.

#7196 A Call To Arms, Socal

Posted by neonerfer on 19 July 2003 - 01:15 PM in Nerf Wars

SDNO Planning Thread

#17710 Just In Case You Wanted A Nested Brass Lnl

Posted by neonerfer on 31 January 2004 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

Considering I have a crayola barrel on a LNL with a ratchet blast spring, I should revamp it. What spring do you have in there? Range?

#11024 Pesticide Sprayer Idea

Posted by neonerfer on 06 October 2003 - 12:02 AM in Homemades

My friend did something like this. He hooked it up to a super maxx 1500 and did a pretty good job with it. The only problem with his design was that there was no regulation to the amount of air let out. He could just hold the trigger down and the air would drain, so he'd have to worry about how long he held the trigger for each shot. If I recall, after about 5 minutes of strenuous pumping, he got 30-40 shots off of it max. It was pretty cool but he often held the trigger down too long so he would run out of air before the battle was over. If you could put a regulator between the tank containing the air for a single shot and the main tank than it wouldn't be a bad gun. Pumping it that much before/mid war is pretty annoying though. You'd be better off making a backpack tank out large PVC and pressurizing that via air compressor or large bike pump. I hope it blows up.

#10648 Tech Deck Skatepark For Sale!

Posted by neonerfer on 28 September 2003 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

Why you'd ever need that much tech deck stuff in the first place is beyond me...

#7778 Bbb Problem Plz Help!

Posted by neonerfer on 07 August 2003 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

Yeah, common problem. The little orange things that have knobs that stick out the sides of the case. Those are really important. I just put those in and tape them on from the outside until it's together, then take the tape off. Oh, and use lots of lube, don't want to hurt it.

#58393 Happy Birthday Stefan!

Posted by neonerfer on 28 June 2005 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

may your next 24 years be as joyful as these last.

#8509 Xbow Mod Submitted By Rawray7

Posted by neonerfer on 20 August 2003 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Great mod and writeup, Ray. And do post what kind of spring you put in there, that'll help alot.

#5150 First Shot Nested Brass Barrel Writeup

Posted by neonerfer on 31 May 2003 - 01:15 PM in Modifications

Looks great. Clearly explained, easy to follow, great pictures. And of course, the Modulizer is just a fantastic resource for all modders. I might go pick one of these up, I just need to find some brass. Do you think I could mod it with different sizes of PTEG?

#8699 Ciao

Posted by neonerfer on 24 August 2003 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

See ya 'round.

#8681 Atom Blasters Line

Posted by neonerfer on 24 August 2003 - 12:59 PM in General Nerf

Because they're new and Hasbro is lackadasical in their updating efforts. Go make youself useful and eat some paste.

#2273 Secondary Fire Mode On Bolt-action Rifle

Posted by neonerfer on 17 March 2003 - 12:58 AM in Homemades

That's really fucking cool. I love the idea of the "automatic/bursty-type" method you're doing with that bike seat. A working grenade launcher could be very fun. I've made a few grenades in my day, and my favorite on is "the pvc grenade." It's basically a grenade made out of pvc with a spring to propell the ammo and a cork or something similar in the top. It is weighted on the bottom and uses small ammo, such as airsoft BB's, beads, or cut up peices of hot glue. My current grenade has a working pen, and they are very reliable and work very well. Sorry I don't have pictures or a detailed write-up of them as of now, I haven't thought about them in a while. If you're interested, expect to see a writeup in a week or less. I'll submit it to NH.