Grinch's Content

There have been 603 items by Grinch (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47390 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 17 February 2005 - 12:02 AM in Off Topic

~snip~

Haha, Talio, this is the 21st century. They're a lot more portable than that.

#47370 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 16 February 2005 - 09:23 PM in Off Topic

After not posting for over a month, I thought I'd come back with a friendly poll. After talking with a audio professor (who is also an audiophile), we engaged deep into a conversation about music formats. After doing some research, many experts claim that vinyl radiates a "warmth" not present on CD. This is because the music is pressed right into the vinyl, and it requires no compression. Apparently, this is referred to as "natural sound". CDs require compression and must be conveyed into a digital form. Anyways, I thought I'd make a poll...

What format do you prefer overall? Do you like CDs because of their durability, compact size, and sound quality, or do you prefer vinyl for the record jackets and their natural sound? My daily newspaper had an article on this the other day. Apparently, Japan and Britain are now releasing albums on vinyl and CD simutaneuously. Sales ranks have claimed vinyl sales to be increasing and CD sales to have cut in half.

Anyways, make your decision. And, for you nine year olds that have never heard of anything before CDs and MP3 players, please don't take part in this poll. Thanks!

#47369 Fast Food

Posted by Grinch on 16 February 2005 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

I think I'm actually more okay with semen than saliva, I don't know why.

Um, gross.

#45875 Whoa This Is Weird

Posted by Grinch on 11 January 2005 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

Losers. I had text speech on my Macintosh Performa 450 with the word processor SimpleText...complete with 27 Mhz of ram. God, that thing is 15 years old and it still runs great.

#45874 At 2000 Single Barrel

Posted by Grinch on 11 January 2005 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

For reference, there's a full writeup on my website, http://nerfworld.com/, with pics.

#43488 Jimi Hendrix

Posted by Grinch on 07 December 2004 - 01:06 AM in Off Topic

I think George Harrison is the best slide guitarist ever.

Really, though, it's kind of hard to define the "best" guitarist ever. I mean, there's no way you can compare the distorted screams of Angus Young's SG to the mellow twang of George Harrison's Gretsch. It really all depends on what style of music you're talking about.

In terms of improvisational skills, I would put Jimi or Jimmy (Hendrix and Page) at the top. Whether you're watching Jimi's woodstock stuff or Jimmy's Knebworth performance, they're both awesome when it comes down to playing it through.

However, when you're referring to musical creativity, I think no one did it better than John Lennon - the man to begin the psychadelic age of music, such as "I Am the Walrus" and "Strawberry Fields"...a style of music that had never previously been encountered.

When you're talking about pure, musical entertainment, nobody does it better than Elvis (in rock 'n' roll terms). The dancing with the microphone certainly is a classic. Angus Young's schoolboy outfit comes a close second in my book.

Pure, musical planning - guitar solos you can see have been practied over and over - are best expressed by three guitarists: Eric Clapton, George Harrison, and Joe Walsh. Eric Clapton's stuff in Cream (Layla), George Harrison's Beatles stuff, and Joe Walsh's solos in the Eagles (especially Hotel California).

In my opinion, the best overall band is the Beatles...for superb melodies, vocals, and instrumental creativity.

#43470 Karma

Posted by Grinch on 06 December 2004 - 08:16 PM in Site Feedback

I know it's been brought up, but I wanted to know what kind of karma system we would be using. On other forums, it's usually just a respect ranking, but sometimes members with high karma become temporary moderators.

Anyways, what's the deal?

#43469 Jimi Hendrix

Posted by Grinch on 06 December 2004 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

A couple years ago Rolling Stone published an issue stating the top guitarists of all time. Sorry to say, Jimi wasn't in the top three.

1) Jimmy Page [Led Zeppelin]
2) Eric Clapton [Cream]
3) Eddie Van Halen [Van Halen]

Jimi was up there, along with George Harrison and such, but those are what they listed.

Anyways...rock on, Jimi.

#43375 Target

Posted by Grinch on 05 December 2004 - 06:15 PM in Off Topic

Once I found a hooker for $69.95 on Target.com.

-_-

#43365 Target

Posted by Grinch on 05 December 2004 - 04:57 PM in Off Topic

http://www.target.co...asin=B00005661X

#43105 Art

Posted by Grinch on 01 December 2004 - 06:48 PM in Off Topic

I'm a cartoonist. Here's some of my stuff...by the way, the Pokemon one was for my cousin.

Oh, and not all of them are cartoons.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

South Park Kids
South Park: A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Homer Simpson
Mickey Mouse
Six Million Dollar Man
South Park Kids 2

#42978 Deathball...

Posted by Grinch on 30 November 2004 - 05:14 PM in Off Topic

For any help on Viridian room, just post here. To answer some questions:

!!**SPOILERS**!!
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~
~~
~~~
~~
~

Alright. In order to get the lighter, you have to have all the items in the room. This includes the blanket you get at the skeleton's feet and the incense sticks, etc. For help finding items, ask me. Get the beer can in the fridge LAST as it must be cold for you to beat the game. If you've already taken it out, put it back in the fridge.

Once you have the items, go to the trash can next to the fridge and click it. It will lift up and the lighter will be under it.

Once you have the lighter, use it to burn the hair on the sheet.

Any more questions?

#41694 Attn: Any Soldier

Posted by Grinch on 15 November 2004 - 06:42 PM in Off Topic

I'll probably send one, but it will be solely for the soldier's support and well-being. In other words, me sending a care package isn't my way of condoning the war, but doing my best to help in a grim situation.

#41692 The Noble Crossbow: First Impression

Posted by Grinch on 15 November 2004 - 06:39 PM in General Nerf

It rocks! They're way down in price now.

....was that supposed to be some kind of joke?

Not really, but I think he's saying that Crossbow's have never been so easily attainable at such a low price.

I remember used (sometimes broken) Crossbows going for over $100 dollars last year. The fact that, for a short time, they're available NIB for $25-$50 is amazing.

#41034 Fuck The Electoral College

Posted by Grinch on 07 November 2004 - 01:21 AM in Off Topic

he was actually the first president with a majority (meaning more than 50%)

Dude, Reagan won 54,000 in, like C said, the 1984 election.

#41016 Gmail

Posted by Grinch on 06 November 2004 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

Don't you have any friends?

I miss the days where Gmail was exclusive. Now it's a fad because everybody has got one.

#41015 Fuck The Electoral College

Posted by Grinch on 06 November 2004 - 08:41 PM in Off Topic

I have been wanting to vent this for weeks, but here:

The Electoral College fucking sucks. Here's a history lesson: The US presidency vote used to be a popular voting system. However, the southern states, having large amounts of slaves, got very little representation because only about 50% of the population were whites, and only 20% could actually vote. Hence, the U.S government made all slaves 3/5 of a person and made the Electoral College (in which a number of Electoral Votes were given to a state depending on the population). This means that for every two slaves, the southern states got a little more than another person. This is the true reason the Electoral College was created.

Slavery ended over 100 years ago. Everybody is a citizen now, so why do we still have it? The country's election should be based on what the citizens want, not some shitty point system. The governor, mayor, senator, and all other votes excluding the presidency are ALL based on popular vote, so why isn't the presidential election? If things were they way they're supposed to be, Al Gore would've been president in 2000, and we wouldn't have had to deal with four years of stupidity and four years ahead. That's right, for those who don't know, Gore received 50,996,116 votes and Bush received 50,456,169 in the 2000 election. Can anybody explain to me when over 300,000 Americans vote for someone else, and the other wins based on some fucking points?

I'm fucking pissed at America right now. I love my country, but fuck the government, fuck the electoral college, and fuck George W. Bush.

#40133 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Grinch on 28 October 2004 - 05:59 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, when I read the articles I thought that they were a bit radical.

However, I do think it is Bush's fault for not taking more actions against 9-11. I think it's pretty common knowledge that he ignored the terrorist threats.

So, who else has a Kerry/Edwards sign in front of their house? :o

For anyone that wants a good laugh, check out this hilarious video. After watching, I can safely say that money can buy you anything...including an acceptance into Yale.

#40075 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Grinch on 27 October 2004 - 11:24 PM in Off Topic

For anyone that is interested in politics, and the rumors that George W. Bush planned out 9-11/allowed it to happen, read the following articles:

http://www.prisonpla...ntranscript.htm

http://www.truthout....atchtower.p.htm

They're pretty long, but if you just skim through, it's not bad.

So, what do you think? Pretty scary stuff. I don't know how true it is, but I was already against Bush.

#40073 Happy Birthday Grinch

Posted by Grinch on 27 October 2004 - 11:16 PM in Off Topic

Thanks, guys. I wouldn't think anybody would remember. :P

I basically got cash and a 5-disc CD player. I'm kind of saving my money because there's a bunch of Beatles CD's I want, and I want to assure myself I have enough to pay for Halo 2 and DS.

Once again, thanks!

#38081 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by Grinch on 01 October 2004 - 12:10 AM in Off Topic

I know you said not to do this, but...

Your options suck. According to Electronic Gaming Monthly's official polls, Halo 2 is actually 3rd for the "Most Anticipated Game". Number one is the new Legend of Zelda, and the second is Metroid Prime 2, both of which you forgot to add to your list.

#38080 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 01 October 2004 - 12:08 AM in Site Feedback

Holy. Shit.

Julie, you fucking rule. Dr. Seuss avatars...*snif*

#38079 Can You Do Anything To A Pulsator?

Posted by Grinch on 01 October 2004 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

You can do tons of stuff with Pulsators.

You can burn them, destroy them, have sex with the barrels...'cause, you know, it pulsates...

#35572 Flash Mx

Posted by Grinch on 28 August 2004 - 12:39 AM in Off Topic

Crap, I'm such a n00b. I've gotten a whole lot better. Compare this drawing to my original:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35561 Nerf World's New Menu

Posted by Grinch on 27 August 2004 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

I don't like it. Stick with the older version.

But the older version was so boring and HTML n00b looking.

#35512 How Do I Make Stefans?

Posted by Grinch on 27 August 2004 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

http://nerfworld.com/mods/stefans.htm

#35283 Nerf World's New Menu

Posted by Grinch on 26 August 2004 - 02:27 PM in Off Topic

As far as I can tell, all of the pics are working.

#35278 Nerf World's New Menu

Posted by Grinch on 26 August 2004 - 01:52 PM in Off Topic

Do you like it?

http://www.nerfworld.com/

#35215 Nerfcenter

Posted by Grinch on 25 August 2004 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

:(

.............I wanted the NCish feel.

#35214 I'm Haveing Trouble Finding The N-strike Series.

Posted by Grinch on 25 August 2004 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

Toys 'R' Us.

#35009 Titan: The Most Powerful Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Grinch on 23 August 2004 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

Boutros Boutros Ghali!

Sick fucker, that tile is mine!

Really? I just pulled it off my archived version of their website. B)

#35007 Titan: The Most Powerful Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Grinch on 23 August 2004 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

Looks nice, what program did you use to edit out the background?

Uh, I just took the picture in my living room, leaned up against a chair.

Then, I edited it out using Photoshop. Finally, I took the background from Propaganda, an old website that is no longer up but had some awesome desktop designs.

#35005 Titan: The Most Powerful Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Grinch on 23 August 2004 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

Here's my Titan:

Posted Image

I haven't put a barrel on it yet. It's got a two inch barrel.

With stock mega darts and the 2" PVC barrel, I've already matched my SM5k's distances.

This thing is way too powerful.

#34981 Nightfinder Mess!

Posted by Grinch on 23 August 2004 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

Maybe you just suck at modding.

There's so many things to consider...bad seal, bad barrel length, you just don't have 1337 m0dD1nG 5k1lLz, friend.

#34932 Custom Scout Prototype

Posted by Grinch on 23 August 2004 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

#34905 Custom Hornet Prototype

Posted by Grinch on 22 August 2004 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

This is just a Photoshop. Tell me whatcha think. Should I go for it? Is it even possible? I don't know how the internals would affect it, because I haven't opened my Hornet yet.

This sight has also been cut off for a more streamlined look.

Posted Image

#34830 Scout Question

Posted by Grinch on 22 August 2004 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

I can't seem to understand why modding the Scout without brass is better. Wouldn't any barrel replacement be better than a stock barrel? I wanted to put PETG in, I've heard the stock barrel is better. What's up?

#34744 Nerfcenter

Posted by Grinch on 21 August 2004 - 02:52 PM in General Nerf

Wait! But, with the NC Forums being archived once again, will it have the same layout (UltimateBB) and the same color scheme? That's really why I want it back. You know, for nostalgic purposes.

#34724 Troll Wallpapers

Posted by Grinch on 21 August 2004 - 05:04 AM in News

Oy, Groove. That's mighty nice.

I'm not sure if this'll count as a submission for a custom title (*hint hint*) but I made one o' my own.

http://img28.exs.cx/...75/Wallcopy.png

#34696 Flash Mx

Posted by Grinch on 20 August 2004 - 11:03 PM in Off Topic

New one!

Posted Image