pinhead52's Content

There have been 182 items by pinhead52 (Search limited from 20-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60141 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by pinhead52 on 25 July 2005 - 01:59 AM in Modifications

If you notice in front of the attachment there is a site... or something that pops up to keep it form attaching where the scout and mav attach. It'll attach to something else, if anything at all.

#59805 Mods In The Making, You Guys Have Never Seen

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 July 2005 - 01:04 AM in Modifications

So, what you're saying is you have zero nerf experience, even in modification, yet you plan on making a homemade gun that will have a range of 200+? Over twice that of Boltsniper's FAR (who, may I remind you, actually knows what he's doing). But hey, maybe I just don't have enough experience here to call people ambitious and bitchy noobs. So good luck shattering the laws of physics. I'm gonna go work on my new titan mod, it'll use a flux capacitor to shoot at you from 300+ ft and 20 yrs away.

#59803 Modifying Bb Guns To Shoot Micros

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 July 2005 - 12:54 AM in Modifications

Some of us are nerds as well. Anyway, the gun; BB guns would be an inefficient, though possible mod. The problem is of course the efficiency. It is much easier and cheaper to use paintball guns, like they've said, but then you take out the only reason I play Nerf instead of Paintball anyway; freedom. Paintball guns have a bunch of negative connotation to them, and they're technically firearms in some states, so you can't even have them aired up outside a paintball field. Nerf guns are just toys, so you can play on a schoolyard if you want to. They don't have to know that my Titan can fire through a window :/

If you wanted to do it just for fun though, and built a custom barrel that would fire Stefans it loaded using say... boltsniper's spring clip method... that would be fairly awesome. Not useable in most wars, but a fun weapon to flaunt nonetheless.

#59792 Maverick

Posted by pinhead52 on 20 July 2005 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

You probably didn't put it back together right. I did the same thing on my first attempt. Open it back up and make sure the front of the plunger valve is all the way forward so it touches the rotating barrel.

#58162 Help With Paint

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 June 2005 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

I've only painted one gun and I sprayed it with a black primer then brushed on silver acrylic. I used all Citadel (stupid move, that stuff is way too over priced.), but I went shopping for the next gun I'm going to paint and you can get acrylics at wal-mart for super cheap. You should seal it afterward with a clear coat though, my gun is already rubbing back to original colors.

If you're using spray paint then whatever brand you want matters, and a primer coat shouldn't be too important unless you're using bright colors. Spray paint sticks fine to plastic so it shouldn't be an issue. Anyone with more experience painting guns can correct me anywhere I'm wrong.

#58075 Night Maverick Plans

Posted by pinhead52 on 23 June 2005 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

Seriously kickin pics, did you use a tablet? Off topic...

I'm probably going to sound like a broken record, but if you try any sort of NF/Mav integration, be really careful and NASA style precise. I tried to put the NF internals into my mav earlier this summer and did a little bit of a sloppy job drilling out the place for the plunger tube and the whole thing didn't work. Another trick is getting the trigger to work with the NF internals, it's going to require precise gluing. If you pull it off, you have my compliments.

#58073 Base

Posted by pinhead52 on 23 June 2005 - 11:14 PM in General Nerf

It sounds to me like your biggest problem will be a good position in the bedroom. Is it right at the bottom of the stairs in such a way that someone on the top of the stairs will have the higher ground on the base? If so you need to build it so you can get completely behind something over which your opponent (brother?) can’t volley a shot. If possible, get that base somewhere that he has to actually come into the room to get you, that way you can get the jump on him. Turning a defensive into an offensive is a classic strategy.

#58071 New Members

Posted by pinhead52 on 23 June 2005 - 11:06 PM in Site Feedback

I agree with the general consensus. While this is a place for nerf veterans to share ideas, it is also a place for noobs who try to be smart about it (like me) and is a very friendly learning environment for us. The admin team is having no problem dealing with trolls and spammers, and leaving it open helps the board stay friendly. If you only let people in based on an application essay first of all you wouldn't get many applicants, and secondly there would be haughtiness among some of the members. The way it is now you have to prove that you are a worthwhile individual and after you do the board is mutually helpful and respectful.

#54593 Mav Mod

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 May 2005 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

First of all, I want to say that I am completely with you with the whole loving the mav. I have (now) two last mods to do to mine before I can show it off, but it's my pride and joy.

Second, thanks for the mod idea, I usually don't assume that I have the resources for mods people put up here, but I actually do have 2 sneakshots. I'll do the mod next week and tell you how it went.

#54011 Knife: Vietnam Era Story

Posted by pinhead52 on 02 May 2005 - 08:56 AM in Off Topic

OK, I can admit I got carried away, but I've never heard anything other than ideas that a 50 cal handgun with 7 bullets to a clip is unreasonable. If you like it, more power to you.

Oh, and trust me, the mark VII was discontinued. It's not in production anymore. You, my friend are "rong". There is a .44 mark XIX, like General said, but I really wasn't expecting anyone who knew what they were talking about to join the conversation. But if that is the case (and no other makes any sense) then I am done with this conversation. My beef is only with the .50 DE, not the baby, not the .44, not even the .357. I don't know anything about any of the others. Besides, boltsniper's actually fired one, and I have only seen one behind a glass wall.

Oh, and regarding the fact that the .44 has an 8 rd capacity, you accented my point exactly. It only has 1 bullet more, no tactical difference, still crap.

Oh, you got my name wrong in all your quotes. "Pin". I know it's tricky, it's like what you write with, but with an "I" instead.

#53885 Knife: Vietnam Era Story

Posted by pinhead52 on 01 May 2005 - 01:26 AM in Off Topic

Wow, I don't even know how to respond. You need to do some research, the .44 Mark VII was discontinued a few years ago... so no, you're wrong "dumbfuck". And besides, I was talking about the 50 when I said it was tactically stupid, and the 44 has an 8 rd capacity and there is absolutely NO reason an army would issue one thousand dollar pistols to their entire infantry.

Listen, I know where you're coming from, when I was 15 I thought I knew everything too, but you need to start doing research before spewing your idiocy around the internet.

#53819 Knife: Vietnam Era Story

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 April 2005 - 03:44 AM in Off Topic

I doubt it was the 50 and if that's true, the israeli army are idiots. Otherwise he lied to you. The 50 is known to everyone who knows anything about pistols as either a comic book joke or something the "super elite" of pistol marksmanship get to say "see? I can fire it." Yes, it gets good range, but is far from tactical in any sense of the word. I can break this down into any of the areas of tactical pistol strengths, and use the current standard issue for american police and SWAT, which is pretty much any full sized Glock.

First; weighting. In a pistol you want it to be heavy enough to absorb shock, but light enough to be able to draw and aim quickly. Glock's weighting; 22.3 oz. DE's; 71.4 oz. Over 3 times as much, which makes it a gun that you pretty much can't aim accuratly with one hand.

Second; capacity. The DE can only hold 7 rounds. That's 7 shots until you have to pull a new magazine out of your pocket. With the Glock you get 10 standard, 13 with a special order, 15 for law enforcement, or even up to 17 in some case that I don't even know about. That's between 2 and 3 times as many shots with an accurate gun that fires .357s, a far more reliable round than the .50.

Third; reliability. I don't think I need to do much explaining here. The DE opens more than any other gun when ejecting the shell (because it has to recoil from a crap-load of kick), and just Nerfing you should know, fewer open and moving parts means more reliability. The Glock on the other hand doesn't even have an external hammer, and can fire under water, after being under sand, and in a crap and a half load of other situations.

The DE is in no way a tactical pistol, at least not the .50 mark XIX. Possibly the .44 mark VII, but not the .50. It's just a flashy cartoon gun made real for big spenders and deep pocketed collectors.

Bottom line, you don't recall correctly.

#53796 Knife: Vietnam Era Story

Posted by pinhead52 on 29 April 2005 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

Two things, first the obvious; a desert eagle is far from a feasable weapon. Very cool yes, but nobody with military experience would honestly consider it tactical, much less using it with one hand while the other holds a make-shift silencer. I would suggest making it a .45 or 9mm 1911, slightly less badass (Sam J. uses a 9mm version in pulp fiction) and very tactically useful.

Also during the assassination part, I liked your style, but you need to give it a perspective closer to the loser. Here is how I would have done it, you can take as much of this (including none) if you would like;

As the men, short of the bodyguards, sat down to discuss matters of weapons supply, Knife calmed his arms and held his breath, waiting for his heartbeat to tell him when to shoot. The world outside his scope fades away as he watches the tiny figure-eight like movements of his crosshairs get smaller.
“So, Mr. Fat, I hope you are pleased by what your troops seized from the Americans” said Viet.
“Indeed I am Mr. HoChin. Indeed I am.”
“I for one am not. You…” Said Vladimir as he was cut short by a bullet to the temple. The KGB agents scrambled to his aide, but were only misted by blood as Kong Fat fell to a shot to the throat. Viet Ho-Chin knew he was dead even before the bullet hit his upper spinal cord.

I suppose I would have gone into ghastly detail through the whole thing... but that's just my style. I like yours as well (why I left it open for you to not change your story), and want to see more.

#53528 Holy No-pumping-awesomeness, Batman!

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 April 2005 - 02:36 AM in Modifications

Well, I personally think it would be cool. Try taking the firing piston out of an RF20 or wildfire. Near as I can tell, those fill with pressure then fire when it's enough, so if you had the internals of that instead of the pumping thing of an RF20, you'd essentially have a really slow full auto without pumping.

Or you could do the same thing, but just use it to replace the pump. Have a separate trigger to activate it so it would pump while you ran around, then you could fire full auto. I think you have a valuable resource there.

Also, what GeneralPrimevil was saying is basically that air compresses more than water, so it takes more force to create good pressure. This thing should be able to move water well, just not fast. Imagine being in a low gear on a car; slow but strong.

#53527 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 April 2005 - 02:31 AM in Off Topic

Pinhead, what the fuck did that have anything to do with the conversation? Just couldn't see other people dick wagging without getting a piece of the action, could you?...

...There's been a shitload of dickwagging on this site recently, knock it off.

Wow, man. I don't know what your problem is, but it needs to be fixed. You're one of the people on this site I respect most, but whenever it was that you made that comment you must have been having a super bad day. The topic is called "Track&field, cross country, bicycling". I didn't want to explain the bike I had because I already did Here (My Ride), and wasn't feeling like typing it all back up. As far as dick wagging, if you would say that about "I got a mountain bike, and skateboard sometimes", then you must think I'm parading around the littlest piece on the planet. What's your problem with pride anyway? I mean, I totally understand the car thing; I'd drive a bright pink minivan if it meant I had a car, but bashing everyone for wanting to let people know their strengths is just... mean. I'm sorry my little dick disrespected you, I'm putting it back.

#53334 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 April 2005 - 11:47 AM in Off Topic

I mountain bike. That's about it. I skateboard when I'm bored enough to, and I play basketball when my friends do.

#53333 Your Ride?

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 April 2005 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

Gary Fisher sugar 4+ (last years). It's a mountain bike. I don't have enough money to get a road bike too...

All stock, but I'm getting disc brakes this summer.

#53155 Good News, Bad News

Posted by pinhead52 on 22 April 2005 - 12:54 AM in General Nerf

It sounds like it's just a crossbow that looks like a bow. I always thought it was just a cooler looking bow n' arrow.

#52860 Good News, Bad News

Posted by pinhead52 on 19 April 2005 - 02:54 PM in General Nerf

BBB re-release? Sweet. That was the gun that I always really really wanted as a kid. Nevermind it's slight inferiority to the xbow, it's becoming my main.

Is this another gun for which I must wait until fall? Because that would frustrate me.

#52820 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by pinhead52 on 19 April 2005 - 01:04 AM in General Nerf

Wow, evil, that is one extensive tactics page. I'm considering printing it out for reference. Good job, it's clear you have a lot of experience. I think you also convinced me to make a blowgun...

#52811 Xbows?

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 April 2005 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

for the basic barrel mod is it hard? the one on the mods page.

Not from what I can tell. The xBow is a very basic gun, just really big. As long as you don't mess it up it's just a big, basic breech barrel mod.

does it shoot megas or stefans?

Either your terminology is wrong, or mine is. From what I know, mega is a size of darts, stefans are home made darts, so there are micro stefans and mega stefans, it's not a matter of mega or stefan. Assuming that you think stefans are micro size, it shoots whatever barrel you put on it. You could mod it for micros, megas, stefans or stock. If you were crazy you could even mod it to fire the titan's missile.

and i want to know other mods

Google it. Type; nerf crossbow modification
You'll be surprized how much stuff comes up. There's about a jillion different write-ups on the net.

Oh, sorry I don't know if it breaks easily, that's really just a matter of clumsiness. But since the design is simple (and big) I wouldn't think it could be easily broken.

#52741 Airsoft Forums On Nerf?

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 April 2005 - 01:31 AM in General Nerf

Did anyone else notice that one guys says the PC can be clip modded? Lol. I want to see a write-up on that mod. ;)

#52740 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 April 2005 - 01:27 AM in General Nerf

I once wrote a handbook on my mercenary group's tactics... but it was low quality-styles. If you need info-sketches I can do that (assuming you're asking for help.) I like drawing generic people doing specific things.

#52646 Do You Recommend The Maverick?

Posted by pinhead52 on 16 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

I thought it was cylinder, or drum... I'm going with drum. But if you made it removable it would be a clip, and that would be the sheezy fo reezy. I think I'm doing that, a clip modded mav.

#52645 Airsoft Forums On Nerf?

Posted by pinhead52 on 16 April 2005 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

Did you notice they commented on boltsniper's rifle? I'd be proud if I were him.

Yeah, it sounds like some people just want to start a flame-war sometimes. People who aren't the best at one thing want to say "well at least I'm better than these guys. I think this describes the one or two people from each group who attack the other groups. I did notice that most of them seemed respectful, and one of them even used to be a nerfer and recognized the external air system in the kid's powerclip.

#52546 Is This Lijit?

Posted by pinhead52 on 14 April 2005 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

Quit attacking him. It's a joke. It's his attempt at humor. I find it freaking hilarious, and want to donate money just because I like the way this guy thinks (that's probably where he got a lot of his money...)

#52469 Stupid Gun Design

Posted by pinhead52 on 14 April 2005 - 12:27 AM in General Nerf

... and besides, I don't know about you guys, but modding is almost the whole reason I'm in this. I like taking something that has a lot of potential and gettin it there... or exceeding it.

#52468 Do You Recommend The Maverick?

Posted by pinhead52 on 14 April 2005 - 12:25 AM in General Nerf

The closest to a war I've ever done is running up on my friends in their dorms and trying to shoot them, so in that sense not only is the mav effective, but stylish. But, from what I understand a good ranged one shot spring is the only way to go when you're serious, and in that sense it has to be the NF. Besides, they're cheap as hell, so get one of those instead. If you're going for style and are a glory-whore though(like myself), then it has to be either a nerf sword or the mav.

#52209 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by pinhead52 on 10 April 2005 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

Probably about a 100-150', depending on how quickly he gets tired(and how he's skipping).

So the pony's stock eh? When you gonna mod it, and will we get a write-up?

#52045 The Jackie Chan Disarming Move Works!

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 April 2005 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

I n one movie I saw Jackie took the cocking part of a handgun off by fliping 2 switchs. But thats not possible my dad said because he said the swith u got to move isnt that easy to flip. If you know a cop or person that served in the Military ask him for some disaming moves he could give you  a few.

I saw that, but it wasn't in a jackie chan movie, and he used a 1911 which you can do that too, but not as smoothly. You have to push the slide back a little, push a lever, then pull it off, and even so the firing mechanism is still in tact so it can still fire the chambered bullet, but then the contents of the clip would fountain out. I'm fairly certain anyway... if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Actually it was a Jackie Chan movie. Jackie Chan's Who Am I was the title. Great movie. He uses that move to disarm some CIA spy.

No, I didn't mean that what you saw wasn't a jackie chan movie, I mean what I saw wasn't. It starred two black people, one of them was Eddie Griffin (actually the guy disarmed), and afterwards he pulls out the chambered bullet and says "It's ok, I can throw a bullet at ya!". Anyone know what movie that was?

#52044 Favorite Nerf Guns

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 April 2005 - 02:02 AM in General Nerf

The maverick. It may not be the best gun ever, but it's a revolver.

#52042 My Mounted Machine Gun

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 April 2005 - 01:47 AM in Modifications

I like the razorbeast, but with your ammo in a metal case and on a relatively inflexible chain, it looks like it would be difficult if you had to turn. Have you considered a second attachment below the support one you have that just holds the case so you can turn easily (like on a military SAW)?

#52039 Objective Statistics On N-strike Line

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 April 2005 - 01:40 AM in General Nerf

I'm not surprized that the scout performs the same as the mav, they seem to have the exact same internals.

#51844 The Jackie Chan Disarming Move Works!

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 April 2005 - 03:13 PM in General Nerf

I n one movie I saw Jackie took the cocking part of a handgun off by fliping 2 switchs. But thats not possible my dad said because he said the swith u got to move isnt that easy to flip. If you know a cop or person that served in the Military ask him for some disaming moves he could give you a few.

I saw that, but it wasn't in a jackie chan movie, and he used a 1911 which you can do that too, but not as smoothly. You have to push the slide back a little, push a lever, then pull it off, and even so the firing mechanism is still in tact so it can still fire the chambered bullet, but then the contents of the clip would fountain out. I'm fairly certain anyway... if I'm wrong someone correct me.

#51842 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 April 2005 - 03:09 PM in General Nerf

Hey, what if the re-released the crossbow and it replaced the titan in the setup. Then there was a re-released RF20 where the hornet would go. Add an NF and you've got a pro-arsenal-in-a-package.

I really can't believe how many people are unable to read the first post in this topic. Things have been clearly stated more than a few times that the crossbow will never be rereleased. Why can't you get that through your heads? Quit dreaming about it. Any little whim you had, or hypothestical hope is not going to happen. In fact, if they rerelease the crossbow, I'll buy one for every idiot that ever talked about them rereleasing it. That's how confident I am that it will never be done. So in short, NO.

Just in case you morons can't read the first post, let me quote the part that you morons didn't read apparently.

Let’s get one thing out of the way for GOOD. WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER SEE A RERELEASE OF THE CROSSBOW. NEVER, understand it. Done.

You know, for someone who talks about reading the whole thread, you seem to have missed something important a few posts ago, it was where I quoted the original post in response to someone else saying they wanted the Crossbow to be re-released. I know this makes things confusing, but trust me, I was being sarcastic in the second post.

But yes, us morons will kee dreaming. :rolleyes:

#51709 Hey Are Threre Any Hot Babes On This Site?

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:36 AM in Off Topic

hey are threre any hot babes on this site? please send photos

Yes, PM me if you want to cyber.

hah. OK, maybe I'm just dumb, but when people post I actually imagine their personal pics saying what they type, and that was just creepy.

#51707 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:29 AM in General Nerf

Oh yeah, I've seen pics. He took the internals from a crossbow and put them into his NF. It's got a brass breech barrel and a spring-clip. I think he powers it with pixie dust. I'm sorry, I'm tired.

#51706 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

I'm curious as to whether guns will be released between now and the fall, because it'd be sweet if they surprised us with something. Actually I'm just impatient.

Hey, what if the re-released the crossbow and it replaced the titan in the setup. Then there was a re-released RF20 where the hornet would go. Add an NF and you've got a pro-arsenal-in-a-package.

#51705 The Jackie Chan Disarming Move Works!

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:22 AM in General Nerf

I did something like that once, only I just turned it over with my left hand (rotating up out of his) and pulled with my right pinky. I like yours better, because I'm a huge Chan fan. Never gotten it to work though. I'm fidgety in high-stress situations.

#51704 Nite Finder Mod, German Style ;)

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:15 AM in Modifications

Why did you put the pepsi lid piece on?

Near as I can tell to keep the back end of the spring vertical and from pushing directly against the weak peice of plastic that's supposed to hold it back. Excellent idea.