Kilomona's Content

There have been 99 items by Kilomona (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#351512 boomco to nerf?

Posted by Kilomona on 14 February 2016 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Im pretty sure someone has done this before.... Maybe. I feel like i remember them using 17/32 brass and replacing the barrels with it.

#351501 I need help for a certain modification!

Posted by Kilomona on 14 February 2016 - 12:38 PM in Modifications

Heres a pic, for anyone else.
I can't think of any similarly shaped blasters for a body, but depending on whether you want it functional or not you could use the thumbhole stock area of a thunderblast stock or rayven as the body then add a top piece from a firestrike to finish it, then paint it.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.png

#351360 If you're bored...

Posted by Kilomona on 05 February 2016 - 11:45 AM in Modifications

Do triads count? I might "enter" this "contest" with a submission but I'd rather do it with a blaster i have already, and know my local walmart has, than have to buy a jolt for this purpose.

#351344 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Kilomona on 04 February 2016 - 03:09 PM in Off Topic

I have "two" accounts on steam- kilomona and drstrange8912. I play robocraft on drstrange8912, and tf2 and unturned on kilomona. I have a laptop... Dont know the exact specs but it has i7 quad core processor and gets 30 frames on most games while running skype and a browser.

#351343 3D printed parts

Posted by Kilomona on 04 February 2016 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

Thingiverse, maybe shapeworks. Otherwise i dont know.... Also, depending on your printer, barrels might not be a good idea as they require a good flat inner surface instead of the lines you might usually get (unless you are talking about a extension barrel).

#351218 What kind of darts are these?

Posted by Kilomona on 28 January 2016 - 10:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

Knockoffs. I think.

#351217 Demolisher vs. Rapidstrike

Posted by Kilomona on 28 January 2016 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

For mobility..... Hm.... I guess a demolisher if you dont have a dual attachment sling, and a rapidstrike if you do. I personally get more fun value from demolishers, just from the satisfaction of rocket nutshots.

#351179 Springer Shotgun

Posted by Kilomona on 27 January 2016 - 06:11 PM in Homemades

Brass a sledgefire, keep the improved seal.

#351063 Stryfe vs. Brute: What should I get?

Posted by Kilomona on 23 January 2016 - 06:57 PM in General Nerf

My vote is on the brute.

#350972 Post your Stock/Superstock Loadout

Posted by Kilomona on 20 January 2016 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

Indoor/Outdoor Superstock (wars with basic level mods on guns, allowing stock guns): dual hammershots with spring spacers, removed ars,and removed dart posts( sometimes remove the spacers for ease of one hand priming). Secondary: holstered doublestrike/persuader/4victory.
Indoor Stock( no mods): primary: stryfe. Secondary: firestrike. Final plan: triad.
Outdoor Stock: Dual hammershots, secondary strongarm. Maybe a triad/jolt.
Both of the loadouts that use dual hammershots usually are weaker against flywheel blasters in close quarters. I usually have them on paracord slings i make the day before the war. These loadouts are tested in small wars of 5-10 people-not much of a community in my area- and i have used the indoor loadout the most, with the superstock wars being less common due to other people not owning modified blasters.

P.S. Running 5 modified jolts sounds like a bad idea but..... It is a VERY bad idea. If you are trying to PwN everyone else. What it is though, is satisfying when you "kill" 3 people in under 30 seconds.

#350863 Modulus Barrel

Posted by Kilomona on 18 January 2016 - 05:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

There's a new blaster that doesn't have the small indent for the little ball/detent thing. I think it's the recon mk. 2?

This is true, but they still go onto and off of other blasters.

#350847 Modulus Barrel

Posted by Kilomona on 18 January 2016 - 11:06 AM in Darts and Barrels

I dont have the exact length, but the attachment system is universal.

#350821 Non-spraypaints. What works well on plastics?

Posted by Kilomona on 16 January 2016 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

And since it came up, do you seal them the same (enamels and acrylics)?

Yes, enamels and acrylics are sealed the same way (assuming by seal you mean lacquer/clear coat). I find acrylics at walmart for 50 cents- 2 dollars for a little bottle, and they go a long way. Apple barrel and folk art are the brands I have used, and folk art gave me better results. Just thought I'd also say that I use rustoleum 2x matte clear coat.

#350813 Cool Nerf Gun Tricks!

Posted by Kilomona on 16 January 2016 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Dont know if this counts as a trick, but the Hammershot has spots not typically known that can hold extra darts/slugs/stefans. Under the turrent, the open space in frot of the little pod thingy can hold 3 darts. The sling point can hold two or three, I don't remember which.

#350811 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Kilomona on 16 January 2016 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

I woul guess you fried your motors with the mix of chemical energy (or whatever the term is). You probably can fix it with a rewire. On the topic of batteries, I have only used ultrafires. They have worked the best for me compared do duracell and off brand AAs.

#350677 Good Glue Gun for Modifications

Posted by Kilomona on 11 January 2016 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Thank you guys for the replies and the information. Based on what I have read, I get the impression that a glue gun might not be the best tool for modifications. Maybe I am wrong here? 

My desire is to be able to install a high current switch in a space that might not have enough stock plastic support. I saw a video in which a hot glue gun was used. If the hot glue gun is not the best tool/application, which method would you guys recommend? 

A hot glue gun should be enough for your intended application, as long as the switch is not being toggled or pressed in a way that places a large amount of stress on the bond.
Edit: a hot glue gun is useful to have in general for modification and nerfing purposes as a primary bonding agent and as general use.

#350636 3d printed rivals flywheels help

Posted by Kilomona on 09 January 2016 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

That's good knowledge for further development. The blaster I'm designing is meant to be like a stryfe sized Zeus with Apollo style magazine placement. I've been trying to reduce the flywheel size but I might end up needing the 360 sized motors. However with the increased ball compression, I guess the flywheels will be closer together. This has turned out to be a difficult project.

I think you could use the dart pusher from a rapidstrike to feed the HIRs (after you figure out the flywheel problem). I think it would fit sideways in a stryfe size shell behind the clip/magazine near where the dart pusher assembly is on a stryfe. Also, Ireally like your idea.

#350635 Good Glue Gun for Modifications

Posted by Kilomona on 09 January 2016 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

If you dont feel like springing for an adjustable temperature glue gun, low temp is better for dartsmithing. I haven't found any advantages to a high temp, other than its ability to heat up a bit quicker (in my experience). As far as sizes go, I use a small one. Large or industrial sizes usually flood out glue and are just large and unwieldy. For glue sticks, I just use normal clear glue- not a reccomendation as I have never used other kinds.

#350550 Amazon Nerf N-Strike Elite Darts Knockoffs - Question

Posted by Kilomona on 06 January 2016 - 12:22 PM in Darts and Barrels

I reccomend either making stefans/slugs for springers ( if you modify your guns) or purchasing koosh gen 3 darts (for springers) from ebay. The ones on amazon i have seen may work, but not as well as koosh. For flywheels, i'd say koosh gen 3 also, for their cheap price and usability. If the rapidstrike is overhauled, stefans or slugs should work fairly well with an extended dart pusher. This all is if you just want cheap darts. Amazon ones should work, but you get what you pay for.