DjOnslaught's Content

There have been 321 items by DjOnslaught (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#355436 Piranha - A Stubby K26 Blaster With a Pulley

Posted by DjOnslaught on 09 August 2016 - 04:52 AM in Homemades

A wye hopper style feeding mech could work for the nightmare bow and just take a key from nerf joltbow's for tips on the plunger tube use. The lightning bow might be the most optimal one to look at, since it doesn't catch.... this could allow for quick firing rates

#355403 Piranha - A Stubby K26 Blaster With a Pulley

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 August 2016 - 04:47 AM in Homemades

I don't see how it's function could befuddle people it's relatively simple. Instead of a 2 handed pump action, you prime it with a punching motion (due to the sling) the external spring is just a return spring to help reset the priming handle.

It's a brilliant design I think

#355390 Help with Demolisher modding

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 August 2016 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

To do a rewire, you need a new switch, a sautering iron, some better electrical wires, and new motors. I would recommend Make Test Battles Rhyno motors (they are size 130 motors, meaning you won't have to do any shell modifications to install them), maybe some kind of brass guide, and a new power source, like a lipo battery (2s or 3s). Those are what you need for a demolisher mod. Also, why did you get rid of the rocket launcher piece. You could have couplered it. A guy on SBNC loadouts did it, and it worked for him.

-Montymarks

You don't need any of that to do a rewire. A rewire is literally just stepping up from 22ga wire to 16-18GA wire. You don't have to replace anything just desoldered the old and solder in place the new

#355293 Spinsanity Mod

Posted by DjOnslaught on 31 July 2016 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

I love my spinsanity, only thing missing is a stock to make it fantastic.

Before you re-glued on the rubber did you happen to try and put a nerf dart threw the flywheels?

#355264 Piranha - A Stubby K26 Blaster With a Pulley

Posted by DjOnslaught on 29 July 2016 - 03:32 PM in Homemades

That's pretty awesome, love the bullpup style appearance

#355245 Sear Carbine Writeup

Posted by DjOnslaught on 28 July 2016 - 04:47 AM in Homemades

Hey snoop, what did you make the shell of your lower receiver from? Is it polycarbonate sheeting? If so can you provide a template or at least some dimensions?

#355212 From Mag Pouches to a Whole Rig! Uses for Duct Tape In Nerf...

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 July 2016 - 08:16 AM in General Nerf

Using magnets to hold flaps on the holsters? I had not considered that quite a good idea and easy enough to implement.

Even using several small magnets can be effective for clasps though, this makes me want to revisit the duct tape pouch thing.

#355173 Project StingRay modding log

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 July 2016 - 09:32 AM in Modifications

If your keeping the lipo in when charging you need a way to vent the excess heat that will be generated by the charging process. I noticed your charging connectors are in the battery tray, maybe venting the heat threw there somehow.

#355140 Trishula: 3 rods and 3 kinds of springs

Posted by DjOnslaught on 22 July 2016 - 08:29 AM in Homemades

No

Well the function seems the same just a different mechanism for it, the tube moves to compress the spring instead of the plunger rod...
Maybe I just misread it though

#355132 Hole Door

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 July 2016 - 04:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

Is see the whole store open aspect as being similiar to don't store ammo in clips.

You definitely come up with interesting ideas.

#355130 Trishula: 3 rods and 3 kinds of springs

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 July 2016 - 04:15 PM in Homemades

Since the plunger system is backwards, does that make it a reverse plunger? Over all the system looks like what the mega centurion should have functioned like.

Still heavily interested in this blaster.

#355064 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 18 July 2016 - 11:11 AM in Homemades

I was thinking more like a test-bed that would allow for 1-to-1 comparison against a [k26] or [k25]. Here's my concept for a horrible chimera of a PCSR, ESLT, and +bow. The foregrip slides on the two guide rods to push the plunger rod backwards into the stock. The nicest feature is that there are no slots to cut in PVC.
dcfs_00.jpg
The catch is the +bow Rev.3 type, just working backwards so I can avoid have a linkage. The redirect piece is mounted to the back of the grip frame, which means that the frame piece itself is retaining the o-ring or shaft seal that the plunger rod slides through. The dual constant-force springs are in an optional cassette at the front. The back of the plunger tube still has room for a full-length [k26] or [k25] should you want to switch to one. Or you can add a trimmed one of either to act as a plunger "booster".

And the solution to the "No Wars Near Me" problem is to host one yourself.

I see what you did with the mock up rifle idea, and could definitely see having the swappability of the 2 springs being a good idea

As for hosting one myself, it's something to consider.

#355051 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 17 July 2016 - 02:32 PM in Homemades

I was actually thinking about using a standard extension spring as a assist to help prolong the life of the constant force springs, but I never made it further then mental prototyping since no wars I know of within reasonable driving allow homemades

#354944 FDL-1: Fully 3D Printed Robotic Blaster

Posted by DjOnslaught on 11 July 2016 - 02:24 PM in Homemades

If your looking at mega caliber magazines, the air max tyrant is the way to go

#354910 What switches should i use for a 3s and xp180s

Posted by DjOnslaught on 10 July 2016 - 07:58 AM in Modifications

Uxcell a13060600ux0523 16 Amp 4 Amp 250VAC 1NO+1NC Screw Connector Actuator Limit Micro Switch (5 Piece) https://www.amazon.c...a_dyKGxbNGS9HAX. These are the non roller version of those switches your looking for.

But if you can't find then CaptainSlug's relay trick works great for the application

#354828 How much voltage can you put into these?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 06 July 2016 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

Do yourself a favor, don't go above a 3s lipo and definitely make sure you use a voltage meter. Those are solid motors, but bear in mind they require cutting the shell in order to fit

#354812 Raven Full Auto Mod Help

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 July 2016 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

Try the vulcan motor, might work. Could also try a weaker return spring.

#354808 Raven Full Auto Mod Help

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 July 2016 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

What kinda motor are you using? Can you post a picture of the set up?

#354806 Frederick MD Nerfers?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 July 2016 - 08:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Frederick is only a 1 hour drive from me.

Southern MD house of Nerf is based outta the Waldorf, Indian Head area, but that not exactly far from Frederick either, and I drive to the battles from chestertown md lol

#354805 Plusbow Rev. 3

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 July 2016 - 08:13 AM in Homemades

That new stock looks simply awesome, I like the pump action possibility also.

#354768 Definitive AABow

Posted by DjOnslaught on 02 July 2016 - 04:23 PM in Homemades

After looking at both links I'm kinda inspired now to make something like this, but throw my own spin on it and adhere to my vision of pump action. Once I get a couple mods off my plate I'll have to start on this.

#354754 Definitive AABow

Posted by DjOnslaught on 01 July 2016 - 07:23 PM in Homemades

I would get more into the homemade if any of the local nerf groups allowed them.

#354746 nerf styrfe mod questions

Posted by DjOnslaught on 01 July 2016 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

The 130 rhinos also run off a 2s, for 180s you need a 3smaller to get enough umph to make it worth the work installing, or at least imho

#354745 Definitive AABow

Posted by DjOnslaught on 01 July 2016 - 12:08 PM in Homemades

This is a pretty cool homemade man, it makes me want to try making a crossbow version if there isn't one

#354716 Plusbow Rev. 3

Posted by DjOnslaught on 30 June 2016 - 03:44 PM in Homemades

Pump-action should be a pretty easy attachment since the functional parts are narrower than both plunger tubes.

To strengthen the stock it may be best to break in into two pieces so that it becomes an angle bracket. That would make a third attachment out of 1/2" rod capable of reaching the heel of the grip.
bow3_003.jpg
Thoughts?

Definitely looks very stable and even gives it my favorite type of stock.

#354686 Rapid strike modification

Posted by DjOnslaught on 30 June 2016 - 04:48 AM in Modifications

Double check your wiring make sure nothing is backwards, also pics of the insides of the blaster around the rev trigger might help

#354685 Project Midnight Sky: Stampede Shell

Posted by DjOnslaught on 30 June 2016 - 04:47 AM in Modifications

The plunger should move back as the gears turn, if you redid the wiring make sure your Posts and Negative aren't reversed, if possible post pictures

#354629 Frederick MD Nerfers?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 28 June 2016 - 08:22 AM in Nerf Wars

If your close to Frederick the the House of Nerf is the closest, look em up on facebook, the admins just got back from NvZ today

#354628 Comments on OMW Longstrike Immortal kit (2016 edition)?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 28 June 2016 - 08:17 AM in Modifications

If your plunger is making a loud thwack when dry fired, you need to pad it or you can break the plunger or plunger tube.

#354529 3D printing a flywheel blaster

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 June 2016 - 11:22 AM in Homemades

Everything Meaker VI said above is true and alot of good ideas in his post. As for the removable handle, you could only really do it be having swappable lower receivers which is not a bad idea actually. As for the horizontal mag well or rotating mag well, think more deploy and less raider/rampage in that case.

#354473 Barrel type to use to fire elites in an air blaster

Posted by DjOnslaught on 22 June 2016 - 02:38 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hello!
I am in the process of making a homemade-ish type of gun out of a drain blaster! For a quick reference to what i'm talking about, please visit this video! -> https://www.youtube....h?v=lOL_Dn2h6UM
In the video, he uses 16mm, 20mm, and 25mm piping (Australian standard electrical conduit , according to him). I was wondering if anyone knows what type of pipe this is, where i can find it, and how tight my darts should be in the inner barrel (elite darts in the 16mm barrel), as I live in the US and am unsure what measurements (1/4 in, 3/8 in, etc) to use

From what I know from reading lots of posts on here 17/32 is the OD of a elite dart, most people utilize 1/2 inch ID pvc or cpvc for barrels if I'm correct.

The barrel materials guide post in this section will have all the info for you.

#354437 One handed strongarm?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 June 2016 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

My biggest issue with the stockade is the motors. It's much better to just stick the flywheels in a barricade cage and if you wanted you could even put said cage back in the stockade shell... then you'd have a 130 powered stockade instead of the lame paddle motors it has

#354436 battery charger

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 June 2016 - 03:38 PM in General Nerf

Generally speaking, this is a bad idea. Don't use AA sized lithium batteries, especially if you are able to utilize LiPo packs that can handle higher current draws.

I think we can both agree that the best batteris to use depends on the extent of the mod. If it's just a rewire and motor side grade (same size better quality) then you don't nessacarily need to go into lipo territory. Also not everyone wants to do the shell mods and or battery tray mod to utilize a lipo.

However a upgrade involving voltmeter, shot counters, arduino controlling, major motor upgrade (180 for example) definitely would require a lipo upgrade.

#354435 battery charger

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 June 2016 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

Get some IMRs from Lion Wholesale. They are AA sized and can be paired with dummy batteries for some good voltages. Furthermore, they are cheap and rechargeable.

Edit: And now I know! Thanks shandsgator8.

Glad you mentioned that site, just picked up imrs and a charger for a reasonable price.

#354390 battery charger

Posted by DjOnslaught on 20 June 2016 - 03:19 PM in General Nerf

thnx! i didnt see that one at hobbyking.

can you explain why? because otherwise i am just going for the charger that Silverhead linked. I dont think it really matters though, that charger is so inexpensive that i can just buy another one if i'll be using more lipo's.

Are good solid smart charger is gonna cost you and smart chargers are the way to go be cause they cut off when the battery is fully charged making it safer as well

#354378 battery charger

Posted by DjOnslaught on 20 June 2016 - 04:56 AM in General Nerf

If your getting inexpensive lipo batteries, invest the extra and get a quality charger, instead of going inexpensive for both (using the word cheap has to many meaning which is why I didn't)

#354256 Quickshot 12

Posted by DjOnslaught on 16 June 2016 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

Can you explain a bit more what you did and provide some better pictures? The title makes it sound like you set up a mag locked in the blaster so you can load it on the fly, but we'd all like to know more about what you did. The picture shows locks you removed, how do you load the mag though?

Also FYI, I believe in another post you asked about pump-gripping your retaliator. I'm working on a pump action setup for a retaliator:

Spoiler

The portion in the spoiler would almost make it alpha strike like which would be awesome.

#354252 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by DjOnslaught on 16 June 2016 - 05:00 AM in Modifications

Is the tubing used in air guns such as the Titan and Hornet the vinyl tubing mentioned earlier in this thread?

#354215 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 June 2016 - 06:36 AM in Darts and Barrels

Oh ok Snoop

#354199 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by DjOnslaught on 14 June 2016 - 04:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

Suction Clone Slug.  A cut down USC with the cup snipped off and a felt bumper on the head.  I still haven't finished the writeup yet, which is why I briefly explain what it is every time I mention it.

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation, maybe a breakdown for sub types of darts like these could be added to the OP for people like me.