NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#335165 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 November 2013 - 04:17 PM in Nerf Wars

A simple "I can't make it" would have been fine man.

#334934 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 October 2013 - 03:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck yeah, now it's a party. Since you're Jarret's keeper, is he going or is the 16th already set aside for mustache waxing?

I think if it comes down to it we could put Bowser in a car top carrier and stick him on the roof. In any case, he's not riding up front so I won't have to worry about him trying to grab the steering wheel and kill us all because he's about to shit his pants. It's a good thing he doesn't read these forums.

#334773 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 October 2013 - 01:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Silent Rebel, Bowser and presumably Gabe are going with me, so we'll have a full Accord. Oh god, plus everybody's guns and stuff. We may have to get creative here.

I got 100 slug darts done so far and they're all total shit. Woohoo!

#334711 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 October 2013 - 01:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I can give TSR and anybody else along the way a ride there.

I'm pants-pissing excited. Gonna start getting washers and whatnot and making darts this weekend.

#334602 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 October 2013 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Hell yeah I'll be there. I've never liked slug darts but it's up to the guys who are coming from farther out.

#331869 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 July 2013 - 02:24 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm mega pumped for this trainwreck. Leaving at 8 and swinging through Middlesex on the way there. Sorry whoever else needed a ride. I forget who it was but I checked and you/you guys are definitely not on the way for me.

In other news, this is my 1776th post. Happy 13th of July!

EDIT: Oh shit, I didn't realize I was in charge of this war now. In that case I'm changing the rules a little bit. Blasters are not required to play; sharpened sticks and small rocks will suffice. There will be no teams, and we'll just play one continuous round from 10 AM until sunset (or until everybody gets tired). Hold onto your hats gentlemen, you're in for a hell of a ride.

#331121 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 June 2013 - 07:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make this one. I'll try and make it out next time, or maybe we'll see you for Apoc.

Aww. The next time may not be until you're well into your 30s.

Bowser said he's planning on going if work doesn't interfere. Same goes for Gabe and Sam I assume.

#330569 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 June 2013 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Not as painful, unless it hits you in a spot that would be covered by a mask if you were paintballing like the cheek or ear. It'll give you a welt if it's from close range but it's not bad.

#330406 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 May 2013 - 06:39 PM in Nerf Wars

First time you say? Then there will be blood and there will be sweat, but it's up to you to decide if there will be tears.

I'll tell you right now though, if there's any crying at this war, it better go down like so:

#328821 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 April 2013 - 02:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Completely failed on the math/remembering. Yes, he is.

Also, Glad you're coming bud, and with blasters and people? Even better!

Whoa, I don't recall saying anything about people. Recall that I have no friends, Dom. I can certainly bring as much booze as anybody could want, but no promises about bringing anybody with me.

EDIT: Oh, I gotcha. Poor wording on my part. I meant I'll be there with maybe 1 or more working guns, not 1 person plus working guns for everybody. Remember, I'm a piece of shit, not a miracle worker.

#328817 Arizona war

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 April 2013 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Welp, sorry guys, it happened again: I turned into a piece of shit. I'll be on the other side of the country for quite a while.

#328816 Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory (Working Title)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 April 2013 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck Slug darts. It's not a good war if you don't have some hideous welts to show for it.

Anyway, I'll be there with (maybe) 1+ working guns. I also voted for myself in the poll.

EDIT: jm is 21 not 20 now, yes? Intredasting...

#327689 Arizona war

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 March 2013 - 06:58 AM in Nerf Wars

All right guys, just letting you know I'm still gonna try to put this together. I'm swamped with midterms right now, but I should have a planning thread up in a few days so keep an eye out. Admins, sorry for the double post.

#327151 Arizona war

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 February 2013 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Tucson is great for me, and my friends would be happy to participate! Thanks!

Glad to hear it.

We'll deal with the heat like men. Sounds pretty good to me right now after all of this "Winter Storm" BS. But I'll definitely try to find a park with a pavilion or other shade-providing structure of some sort. I'll head down towards 27th and see what's there. That would save you some city driving, albeit at the cost of going an extra few miles on the I-10.

It's a dry heat.

#327035 Arizona war

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 February 2013 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

So we've got 4 people interested in going. Would you guys in Phoenix be able to find a way down to Tucson? I have a slight preference to host it here as I know my way around Tucson and my house is only 10 minutes from a few good parks, but if there are people who can't get rides down here I'd be all right with doing it in Phoenix. It would be up to you guys to recommend some decent parks since you know the city better than me.

I'll post a planning thread in the next couple days where we can make a decision on the date; I'm hoping a few more people will wander in here and speak up.

catmods, you mean 27th and Palo Verde in Tucson? If you're familiar with the area, I'm thinking Himmel Park on Tucson Blvd.

#326942 Arizona war

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 February 2013 - 01:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I've been in Tucson for 2+ years now and have done zilch in terms of nerfing out here. I'm hoping you guys are just too lazy to update your location/state in your profiles cause there were <20 users in AZ active in the last 6 months. Me and Goldie briefly discussed doing something last fall but I got busy and lazy so it never happened.

Anyway, I'd just like to gauge interest in a war in Arizona, preferably in either the Tucson or Phoenix area, in the next month or two. I'd gladly drive ~3 hours, though that might decrease my headcount to just me. If there are empty seats in my car I could give somebody else a ride.

I'm real flexible on the date and location here so this is more of a role call than a planning thread, but I'm hoping a few will chime in and we can get something going.

#326940 Armageddon XIV

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 February 2013 - 01:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Yo. I'm a little out of the loop as far as SoCal wars go, but what exactly do you mean by "super" and "sub-optimal" domes? More importantly, 1/4" slingshot ammo and hot glue domes, yea or nay?

Google Maps tells me it'd be about 7 hours to Glendora, so I'm not saying I've got a good chance of going, but if my schedule's open and I can scrounge up some gas and possibly hotel money I'd love to go.

EDIT: Thanks roboman. For the record I don't do any fancy BS with my darts except to glue the weight in before doming it.

#325525 Air Zone Panther Leak

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the help guys. Seems like what happened was either some debris got inside the valve or the pin didn't go back to its normal position after the last time I fired it. I pulled on the pin a little bit and that seemed to fix the problem.

#325502 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 January 2013 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

This one's not real impressive but it's the first mod I've done in ~2 years and it came out much cleaner than I expected. 17/32" brassed NF.

Posted Image

#325500 Air Zone Panther Leak

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 January 2013 - 01:49 AM in Modifications

Hey guys, I hate to make a stupid thread like this but I searched around a bit but didn't find any real useful information. I got an Air Zone Panther, and it's got a leak of some kind. It was working well until I modded it:

Posted Image

When I pump the gun the tank doesn't pressurize at all. My first thought was that the check valve's busted, but given that I didn't plug the pump I can't see how that could have happened. The next option is that I screwed something up when I cut off the stock barrel and ripped out the air restrictor. Since the tank valve is all the way at the back near the trigger I don't know if that's possible either. It's one of those goofy back-pressure valves, not a normal pin valve like in at AT2k.

I know this is really vague, but if anybody else has had a similar problem and could shed some light on it I'd really appreciate it. I can take more pictures if needed. Thanks.

#320250 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 August 2012 - 08:29 PM in Off Topic

I guarantee there are fewer than 3 people in this thread who remember PATRICKS NERF PAGE.

Just one of hundreds of shitty little nerf homepages that nobody's looked at in 10 years.

Here's another.
This is one of my favorites.

And of course YakMan's site, which was one of only a few back then that had decent pictures of guns that were taken with a digital camera and not scanned into the computer or ripped off from other websites. YakMan posted here a year or two back, which makes me wonder how many of these guys still check in once in a while.

It's impossible to write an exhaustive summary of NIC history, but if you're insistent on trying you should include as many of those old sites as possible because they're pretty neat, and a long time ago people actually used them for information and not just as a way to waste some time.

#318254 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 July 2012 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice butt pimple.

#318051 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 July 2012 - 11:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Jarret, I'm in Tucson. I feel like something happened that I don't know about...

#317811 Like Nerfing a Dead Horse 3: Foamcoming

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 July 2012 - 04:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Do something idiotic and dangerous for me will you?

#312468 POW! March: The "Our Wars Are Better Than Your Wars" War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 March 2012 - 02:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm extremely unhappy with the fact that I'm a thousand miles away and will probably be covered in period blood while you fuckers laugh and chase each other.

Seconded.

#311184 Avatars in the next version of IPB

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 February 2012 - 05:29 PM in Site Feedback

Seeing this place turn into facebook would be pretty gay. I do love my Crono avatar, but if you'd just want to remove avatars altogether I wouldn't care. I voted for option 3, but it was a close call between that and 4. The profile comments business is lame enough.

#311176 POW! March: The "Our Wars Are Better Than Your Wars" War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 February 2012 - 03:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Can I be hard instead?

#310050 State of the Union Address at 9 EST

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 January 2012 - 10:48 PM in Off Topic

And your point?..... this is a nerf forum not a political site

Yeah, you're right. It was stupid to post this here. There should be no political threads on a Nerf forum.

Oh, wait. I guess you didn't have a problem with this thread since you posted in it...

I know this has special meaning to some people (including me) so I am glad to see we could take part in this blackout. SOPA was canceled I believe so now its just PIPA.

Douche.

Not everyone here is a US citizen/resident dude.

I'm sorry, was there a point to that post?

The vast majority of the people here are US citizens/residents. And the ones who aren't - and who actually care enough to stay informed on events going on outside their own respective countries - can still watch the speech on YouTube and a ton of other sites. You want me to post a few threads about foreign TV shows so our non-American friends can browse the Off Topic forum without fear of getting offended?

Besides, most of the people here are also teenagers who probably don't give a shit, saw this thread and skipped over it without a second thought. I just posted it on the off chance that one or two people who didn't know/forgot about the speech might see it and turn on the TV.

#310045 State of the Union Address at 9 EST

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 January 2012 - 08:44 PM in Off Topic

For those who aren't aware, Obama's State of the Union speech will be on TV at 9:00 PM EST tonight. That's in 20 minutes (but I figured a few people might still see this thread in time). This isn't meant to be a political debate. Just watch the speech.

#309740 SOPA/PIPA and the Site Blackouts

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 January 2012 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

I thought this was pretty informative so figured I'd share it here for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.khanacade...American Civics

#309453 R.E.S.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 January 2012 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

That sounds amazing. 7 hours is a little too far of a drive for me right now, but if you guys are still doing stock wars this summer and I can round up a few people it may be doable. I'd drive 7 hours to have a real nerf war with guns that don't shoot 150' if there was a decent turnout.

#309165 Oklahoma nerfers?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 January 2012 - 01:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Really?

http://nerfhaven.com...?showuser=18864
http://nerfhaven.com...?showuser=29550
http://nerfhaven.com...hp?showuser=749
http://nerfhaven.com...showuser=113456
http://nerfhaven.com...?showuser=22099
http://nerfhaven.com...showuser=114720

You can now search the location field under "use advanced filters" on the members tab. There's also a new State/Province dropdown field, but very few people have been using it so far. I had to search "Oklahoma" ", OK" "OK " and " OK" to come up with that list, but it's doable.

Holy shit, you can also search by most recent post and last visit. That's pretty damn cool. Only 6 guys have logged in from Arizona or AZ in the last 6 months. That's sad.

#309110 Oklahoma nerfers?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 January 2012 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

No.

#308467 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 December 2011 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I took a spill the first round of the day. Then I shot people and ate a sandwich and had an interesting trip back home. That was a great day. Thanks everybody.

James

#308248 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 December 2011 - 02:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Only 2 days to showtime!

#308060 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 December 2011 - 08:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of double posts, it turns out I can't make it on the 17th. If we could move it to the 18th that would be better.

#308047 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 December 2011 - 01:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks PHIL. Much appreciated.

I'm down for an afterparty/mod party/"other" party. My attendance at this point is predicated upon me being able to use my mom's car to get there or convince a friend to drive me since I'm flying home for the break and won't have my own car. But I'd feel like a piece of shit if I couldn't make it, so keep me in the definites list.

#307831 POW!: "Decem-beer"

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 November 2011 - 05:05 AM in Nerf Wars

A Nerf War! Get the fuck out! How'd you know that's what I wanted?

I voted for 17th/18th cause it's not Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve, but I should be able to attend pretty much any date from December 17th to like January 9th or something. I also voted for Armstrong, but since you guys actually nerf I can understand if you're sick of the place, so location doesn't matter to me.

If somebody told me when I was 13 that there would be Nerf wars in my honor one day I'd have just about creamed my pants.

#307727 Pittsburgh War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 November 2011 - 12:40 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm diggin' the Ska Man avatar. How long you been rocking that thing? I feel like it's been a while and I just never noticed. And you should have told that bitch you've been nerfing longer than hipsters have been acting like gaywads.

Anybody gonna host NerfMonkey's Homecoming Christmastime Ball Event War?

#307548 Pittsburgh War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 November 2011 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Rainy cold as fuck wars are where it's at. Fuck, I hope it snows. You remember the St. Valentine's Day Massacre? That was a great war.