MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62084 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 August 2005 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Would getting more RAM help me in this at all or not?

Fold on or fuck off

#61225 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 August 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

Man, this makes me want to upgrade to my PC. Or maybe just get a new one, since this thing has so many problems anyway.

Fold on! Hey I finally got ahead of Uncle Hammer :ph34r:

#61013 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 August 2005 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

Wow, that game is pretty fun. Must... play... more!

I voted FPS, but I think Worms-esque would be cool too.

#60401 Firefox Users,

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 July 2005 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

I did this a couple months ago. It really helps with space/bandwidth-whoring ad-infested sites (read MySpace).

Firefox is just too awesome. I don't think I could live without tabbed browsing. And my computer would be dead by now if it weren't for Firefox's awesome security.

#60369 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 July 2005 - 06:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

Colored hot glue.

#60222 So What Exactly Do I Need For Modding?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 26 July 2005 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

SCH40 is a type of PVC pipe, it's for mega Stefans, while PETG and brass on the other hand are for micro Stefans.

A Dremel is useful but other things can substitute.

#60221 Chronicles Of An East Coast Nerfer

Posted by MattPaintballer on 26 July 2005 - 12:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Ouch, sounds like a crappy trip. Except for the 'Geddon part, of course.

Hope ya had fun!

Oh and may I reccomend something along the lines of these or these for your poor experience in traveling. Any type of closed headphone cancels noise amazingly, and you can always put it next to your sleeping buddy's ears to give him or her a wake up call.

#60186 Firefly Out Online

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 July 2005 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

AT2K 2-packs are at Target, 3K 2-packs are at TRU.

#60131 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

Oooh! I get it.

How can I tell when I've finished a WU?

#60125 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Okay, I think I might've done something wrong, but I dunno what. I'm not on the list.

#60091 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

I just downloaded the no-nonsense console and joined the NH team. Err, I think I did.

When I hit control+alt+delete there is two FAH things listed - FahCore_82.exe and FAH502-Console.exe. Most of the CPU is going to FahCore_82 and none of it is at FAH502-Console, is this correct?

#59981 Rubber Bands And Ranges (or Other Stretchy Things)

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 July 2005 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, stupid question. How do I tie two rubber bands together?

#58540 Market For Surgical Tubing?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 July 2005 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

What about dayglow orange foam backing rod?

Dude, that would be friggen schweet. What sizes would it come in? I was disappointed to find that pink FBR only comes in 1/2"

I mean, just think about it, FBR... Whoa...

Edit: You don't know of any Indiana nerfers do you?

#58524 Modified Secret Shot

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 July 2005 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Another cool thing you can do is tri-barrel it. Myself, ompa, and a few others are about the only people I've seen who really appreciate this pistol. I personally love it. Sidearms are supposed to have a high RoF for tight situations, why not pack 3 extra shots instead of just 1?

In pistol wars, I like using a Nite Finder and a Secret Shot 1.

TS, I totally agree. That seems to happen to me a lot.

#58523 Diffrent Nf And Maverick Colors.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 July 2005 - 12:27 AM in General Nerf

That NF is so fuckin' sexy. Sexidom it is, sexidom it is.

I wish we got that NF and the original one instead of that yellow and blue crap.

Now Mavericks come with DVD's and the air restrictors are glued on, but that's both in France and here. Only our Mavs look better in my opinion.

#58482 Help Me!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 30 June 2005 - 03:06 PM in General Nerf

PS - For the rest of you, the NF is self lubricating. I thought it was applied, but when I inquired with one of the Hasbro people, I was surprised.

So you're saying spraying silicone spray down the plunger tube isn't gonna help?

Whoa. Creepy.

#58450 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 June 2005 - 04:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cons:
None that I know of.

Cons:
Moves the weight around inside the glue dome, throwing off the balance. Both Suave and I have noticed this.

I really don't have any dartmaking tips, and if I did you should do the opposite of what I say because my darts suck.

#58158 Cutting Pvc

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 June 2005 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

Okay, I'm wondering how you cut PVC and get a straight, precise, even cut? I'm using PVC cutters and they are never straight, it always cuts the barrel at an angle.

So what tool(s) do you use to cut PVC and get a good cut?

#58124 New Way To Test Strength Of Blasters.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 June 2005 - 03:22 PM in General Nerf

That's sweet! I would love to use that instead of a chronograph, considering how expensive and annoying they are. Plus that thing is just so cool, and best of all it uses FOAM so you gotta love it :D.

THIS FOAM IS A LOT OF FUN.  I CAN'T STOP STICKING MY FINGERS IN IT.

I thought I was the only one who thought flower foam was cool :D.

#58082 Base

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 June 2005 - 01:42 AM in General Nerf

If you layer the cardboard Stefan's won't do much to it. Also, when indoors, it's best to use pistols, like don't bring a singled AT2K inside... Better yet, just buy a couple of Nite Finders, and remove the pegs on them, but don't barrel them, and just use Stefans. Then the guns aren't too powerful and you won't break stuff.

#58060 Base

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 June 2005 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

Yeah if you get some pictures or diagrams that would be great. Me and my brother are like, the fort making masters :ph34r: B).

Seriously though, I love making forts and stuff and do it all the time, so I can help you.

#58059 Titan As-v.12

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 June 2005 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

Just when I thought that thing couldn't get any sexier, I got an idea.

Tricksleeves' Micro Titan combined with your AS.V12.

Posted Image

Edit: Added link to Micro Titan

#58048 Titan As-v.12

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 June 2005 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Nice mod man, I'm loving it.

Gah I hate mcdonalds! That place has warped my fragile little mind!

I can't remember who said this, but I think it belongs here.

"Any gun badass enough to have 12 barrels is worth owning"

That gun is sweet dude. I know I wouldn't want it to be aimed at me.

#58029 Mods In The Making, You Guys Have Never Seen

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 June 2005 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

A valve from a Secret Strike Pocket Blaster.

#57960 Stefans On Mavs

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 June 2005 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

Stefans will work in a Maverick, but you will need to modify it a bit first. First you will have to do this modification, but while you're doing that one I recommend doing this one for easier and faster reloading.

#57915 Sm1500 As A Primary?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 June 2005 - 12:04 AM in General Nerf

Dude SM1500 all the way. They r0x0r the LBB's s0x0r5 and b0x0r5.

Seriously though, I love SM1500s. They've got great range, accuracy, and pretty good RoF all in one package. And unlike AT2Ks, the handle isn't built for 2 year olds.

LBBs are still in stores, SM1500s aren't.

I say get the 1500.

#57914 Your Combo

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 11:57 PM in General Nerf

I've come a long way since then:
Now I use -
3 strung machine guns (2 WF, 1 RF20)
1 Duffel Bag
5 or more pistols in duffel
As much ammo as I can find/have made

Do you live in a bunker or something? Or are you handicapped? Cause I don't know how you move with all that stuff.

Baghead, ompa, SS1's ALL THE WAY!!!

Too bad my stupid friend threw his pair of SS1s over the wall into his neighbor's yard... bastard...

#57895 Semi-auto At2k Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Also you should cut the frount of the gun off so you can make barrels longer for more accutacy.

That wouldn't work because the turret would only have one contact point with the gun. It fits over the rotating mechanism, but it can just slide on and off of it. It needs something at the front to push it against the rotator so it doesn't fall off.

with the maverick plunger you glued on you should make the air hole bigger so better ranges.

If he enlarged that hole, even more air would leak out instead of going to the barrels, and it's not like there isn't enough of that already.

By the way SneakUP, I had to read your post a couple of times before I could understand some of it, so please try to keep your posts clean and tidy.

Rusty, that's cool. Good idea using lexan. Is it complete? If so, what kind of ranges are you getting? How many times do you have to pump it and how many shots do you get from a full airtank?

Edit: Hey the red airtank on top of it (isn't that an RF20 bladder?) reminds me of a paintball setup somebody used at a field one day...

#57868 At2k Shotgun

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

Very nice!....
Another cool idea would be if you could have a double barrel shotgun, western style.
Where you would insert two shells, fire the gun, then open it up and the shells pop out, ready for more.

That might be my next project... After the Sc-20k FAR.

That sounds cool, but I think it would be better without shells. Shells and shell ejection are cool, but I don't think they are very war-effecient. You could gut a Double Shot and use its shell to do that!

Nice 2K.

#57216 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

You guys, The Goonies is the best god damn movie evar. I cannot strees how hilarious it is. The first two times I saw it I wet myself I'm not kidding - ask my brother or my neighbor, they were there. Kind of embarrassing but it's that damn funny.

It's a Steven Spielberg classic. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now, or hell just buy it. I'm not kidding it's cheaper to buy the DVD from a pawn shop than it is to rent the VHS. The Goonies was the best $4.79 + shipping I've ever spent.

By the way, how was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I've read the whole series and the local paper said the movie is more enjoyable after reading the series and extremely sucky if you haven't read it. I want to see The Longest Yard, I've heard it's hilarious, and it's got both Adam Sandler and Chris Rock so I have to see it. And how was Madagascar?

#57206 Veggie

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

Happy belated birthday Veggie, and good luck in the Navy. Don't get hurt :( and stay cool ^_^.

#57180 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

You should use one of those 1/2 pint bottles and block the air more like cx said. You would probably be able to empty the four barrel turret without re-pumping if you did that, but you might get low ranges like 40-60.' But low ranges and a high amount of pumping are what make this gun fair in a war.

#57009 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 June 2005 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

The Goonies and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle are the best movies EVAR!

#56911 Firefly Speculation

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 June 2005 - 07:35 PM in General Nerf

Happy 12th birthday torch...

Aww man why did you have to mention that on the boards.... Now we just lost our hasbro worker... This means we won't be getting anymore valuable information on these new guns. :cry:

WTF are you talking about?

OMC & Talio gave us information on these guns, while cheifthe gave us information on the Maverick. We'll still have information. Torch didn't tell us anything.

Edit: navy seal posted while I was away.

#56657 3dbbq

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 June 2005 - 01:00 PM in Homemades

Don't mind Chessler, he's always a pompous ass.

I was wondering the same thing. I think he's been gone for a while though, like since sometime last year.

#56589 Close Quarters Battle

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

D. Entering and Clearing. Entering a room is the most dangerous and tactically trying part of cqb. When entering, line your team up on the longest part of the wall next to the door. The man in front is called POINT. Now move one man to the other side of the door. He is called BREECH. Breech will slam door in and POINT will lead the team in. Once in, Point will go to the farthest corner on the same side of the room as he entered. All will follow. Breach will pick up rear, facing away to make sure they don’t get trapped from behind. The team splits and each clears a corner of the room. They only clear THEIR corner. All have the responsibility of center.

That only works if the enemies stay in the center, which they won't, trust me.

Good article though.

#56584 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

that is perfectly relevent. you said there were no wmd. That is proof that he has them.

Correction: had

It's irrelevant dude, that's all there is to it.

#56555 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 01:52 PM in Off Topic

Matt, the are weapons of mass destruction. look up " 1993 gas attack on kurds in iraq"
In 1993 Saddam used missiles loaded with mustard gas to attack HIS OWN PEOPLE! If thats not enough proof, then i dont know what is.

That has no relevance whatsoever! Georgey wasn't president during that time.

God I hate it when people counter with irrelevant crap.

#56500 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 June 2005 - 10:13 PM in Off Topic

was it really necessary to reopen a topic that's been dead for four days

Dude four days old isn't dead.

I didn't flip out on him. Read the first sentence of my post. I was just telling him. Sorry if I was too harsh.

#56490 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 June 2005 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

Sqiggs, it doesn't matter which president is better at sports, it matters which one is smarter, a better leader, and will not destroy our country. I don't fucking care if George Bush is better at catching footballs than Kerry, he still doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. He's honestly one of the dumbest people ever.

Weapons of mass destruction? More like weapons of mass deception!

And you know what really kills me? The stupidity of our President. He doesn't know the definition of the word "disassemble." I've known what that meant since like 2nd grade, now c'mon. Somebody tell me how the hell he's been our President for 4 years, and then he was RE-ELECTED?! Mistakes are okay, as long as they're new ones. We've made this mistake twice now.

What's up with the electoral votes? They don't make sense. Popular vote should win it, not electoral. With electoral votes, not every vote counts. It's true. Say 4/10 of a state votes for Candidate A, and 6/10 of the state votes for Candidate B. Automatically, 4/10 of the state's votes DON'T COUNT. Say the state had 100,000 people in it. That's 40,000 votes that don't mean a thing. Gone. Just like that. Poof. That needs to change. Pretty soon too, otherwise we'll get a lot more dumbasses as our President.

What the hell is up with those "every vote counts" commercials? They're untrue.

Edit: Typo