veginator's Content

There have been 229 items by veginator (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#235622 Pvc Sheet

Posted by veginator on 11 June 2009 - 11:54 AM in Modifications

Not that I can tell but I do imagine that it may slightly weaken the plastic.

Nope. PVC is a thermoplastic. You can warm it to soften it then shape it as needed.
However you should not be doing so with an oven that is indoors and lacks a fume vent. And You should never advocate doing so with a heat gun since controlling the even heating of the sheet would be too difficult.

Thank you for the comments Slug. I edited out the part about the heat gun. What would you suggest instead of an indoor oven?

#235609 Pvc Sheet

Posted by veginator on 11 June 2009 - 11:02 AM in Modifications

Nice, it should be cheaper than polycarbonate at least. Are there any possible horrific ramifications to heating a plastic in the oven?

Not that I can tell but I do imagine that it may slightly weaken the plastic.

#235606 Pvc Sheet

Posted by veginator on 11 June 2009 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

Here is something I thought every one might enjoy. Its PVC sheet and its dirt cheap to make if you have some spare PVC laying around. It can be used for modifications homemades or whatever you want to do with it.

First off, I must warn you, if you do not own your own oven and your parents don’t want you messing with it that you should just turn away.

Supplies:
PVC pipe 1 ½ inch diameter or greater

Tools:
Jig saw/hacksaw/dremel
Oven
Oven mitts

Step 1: Find your pipe
Posted Image
Step 2: Cut you pipe to the desired length
(sorry forgot to take a pic)
Step 3: Cut a slit down the length of the pipe
Posted Image
Step 4: Put your newly cut pipe in the oven and pre heat to 400 degrees or until soft and flexible.
Posted Image
Step 5: Carefully takeout your pipe (with you mitts on) and out it under some weight until it cools
Posted Image
Posted Image
Step 6: When the PVC has cooled you will have a brand new sheet of PVC
Posted Image
The advantages of this material are that it is fairly cheap and can be permanently bonded together using PVC cement.

Questions/Comments/Lol Catz pictures?

#235624 Pvc Sheet

Posted by veginator on 11 June 2009 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

Try a brick oven.

Like with burning wood? Not a good idea because you cannot accurately control the temperature and you would probably just melt or burn the PVC.

#235619 Pvc Sheet

Posted by veginator on 11 June 2009 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

If this is melting the PVC then STOP. Like flint said, it will leech chlorine. And you won't notice because you can't smell it.

No its not melting it, it just makes it flexible.

Bob, why buy it when you already have an abundance of the materials to make it.

#209877 The Holy Nerf Cannon Of Antioch

Posted by veginator on 06 February 2009 - 06:39 AM in Homemades

What ever you do, do not pressurize that cannon. Those bell reducers you have used to go from 3" to 1 1/2" are a special kind of fitting. They are called DMV fittings or drain waste vent. They absolutley not pressure rated and you have basicly built a bomb. Next time when make sure that your fittings and pipe are not DMV.

#167734 Apocalyptic Doom

Posted by veginator on 10 August 2008 - 08:10 AM in Homemades

That is a very well constructed rifle you got there. Can I just suggest that you mod your sprinkler valve for pneumatic activation. Trust me it has a faster activation, you save money on batteries, and you get a cool new trigger.

http://www.spudfiles...valve-t305.html

#179349 Springs

Posted by veginator on 24 September 2008 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

Do I just bring the original spring with me and search for something with a similar size that is stronger but not too strong?

Yes that is exactly what you do. What he ment was that most people add the BBB spring to the regular longshot spring.

#217093 New Tactical Scope Made By N-strike

Posted by veginator on 09 March 2009 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

No.... just no. All it is, is a plastic tube. You are probably one of those 10 year old goobers brought here by ice and other people on youtube. :angry:

#300853 The Homemade Cobra

Posted by veginator on 01 July 2011 - 09:29 AM in Homemades

This looks nice,but you may want to be aware that those two large bell reducers are DWV fittings. They are not rated for pressure what so ever and could blow on you after prolonged use. I would also like to point out your lack of using a pvc primer or cleaner before cementing the fittings together. I'm not trying too bash your gun, just trying to warn you so that you could avoid these in subsequent versions.

#300871 The Homemade Cobra

Posted by veginator on 01 July 2011 - 03:47 PM in Homemades

I am aware of that. As stated above, this could be entirely done out of 2" PVC or smaller. I just wanted to "compact" the design instead of having a 16" chamber to achieve the same volume. I've read up on DWV piping and fittings, and I'm aware that it's not pressure rated. That being said, it should hold for the relatively low pressures I'm dealing with. In any case, once I examine all the design flaws (I just pried apart the ends of the chamber to redo, then compare new results), I can make Version 2 and include all safety measures as would be needed.

I'm glad you know the dangers of using the the dwv. My spudding background just makes me cringe when ever I see those fittings on a pressure vessel.

#153893 R Thare Any Conyers, Ga Nerfers?!?!?!

Posted by veginator on 29 April 2008 - 07:49 PM in Off Topic

I'm a GA nerfer and know about 10 more within 5 miles but they don't let you use anything as powerful as a SNAP. Kinda bummed me out when they banned mine. Back on topic I live about half an hour from Savannah.

#209044 Log House Foam

Posted by veginator on 02 February 2009 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

I have quite a bit a brass. Would log house fit a little tight in 17/32 or 9/16?

#209004 Log House Foam

Posted by veginator on 02 February 2009 - 07:32 PM in General Nerf

If anyone here has used both log house and lowes foam compare could you please tell me. I want to buy some but do not want to waste my money.

#209184 Log House Foam

Posted by veginator on 03 February 2009 - 07:18 AM in General Nerf

We've got some black and white Log House Foam here. It's loose in 19/32 and tight in 17/32, so I'm guessing 9/16 will be a good fit.

How tight is it 17/32? Do you have to twist it in?

#209185 Log House Foam

Posted by veginator on 03 February 2009 - 07:21 AM in General Nerf

Oops computer screwed up.

#209049 Log House Foam

Posted by veginator on 02 February 2009 - 08:59 PM in General Nerf

Log House Foam is not consistent. I got a batch once that was great and another batch that was horribly thick. Because of that, I wouldn't recommend it. As Slug said, find a reliable source of foam.

Even if isn't consistent I think I will get some because who can pass up their cheap prices.

Redhead you have no idea what the hell I am asking do you?

#144600 Maverick Not Shooting

Posted by veginator on 10 March 2008 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

Well my maverick is not shooting a I dont know why all I know is that i have to cock it, then hold the slide back and pull the tigger and then it shoots but not very far...
I nevrer modded this gun except for the Russian Roulette mod :P

P.S. I didn't know if I should put it here or under mods

Are you holding the slide back while you shoot it?

#202305 A Simple Home-made

Posted by veginator on 10 January 2009 - 09:26 AM in Homemades

Good job but you don't need both putty and cement. The reason why is that pvc cement isn't a glue because it physically fuses the pipe. Also on your next homemade use purple primer before the pvc cement, you will get a much stronger bond.

#148858 A Few Quick Questions Before I Cement...

Posted by veginator on 02 April 2008 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

1. yes it is fine to use it is just that some people don't use and eventually it will blow apart when they dont use it.
2. Do you mean a shrader or presta valve?
3. it is okay its just really annoying.

#148917 A Few Quick Questions Before I Cement...

Posted by veginator on 02 April 2008 - 07:39 PM in Homemades

Well crap. I dont really have anything handy to seal it with... Would e600 work? Its a really strong adhesive that Im starting to use instead of hot glue because its pretty cheap...

What are you going to seal?

#148889 A Few Quick Questions Before I Cement...

Posted by veginator on 02 April 2008 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

Thats a shrader valve. I would seal it I were you ,but I have no experience with the shraders without threads.

#148897 A Few Quick Questions Before I Cement...

Posted by veginator on 02 April 2008 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

I'm kind of scared to use PVC cannons actually...

Thats kind of funny to me because thats where I got my start in homemade guns in general.

#213373 Endeavors In Lunacy Or

Posted by veginator on 18 February 2009 - 10:09 PM in Homemades

If I ever get my big cannon working again I will show you real power. That thing could launch a pocket football at least 200 feet straight up. [/pointless bragging]

#213573 Endeavors In Lunacy Or

Posted by veginator on 19 February 2009 - 07:33 PM in Homemades

Veg, we're gonna start incorporating a ball gun round or two into future SENOs. Perfect time to bring out a cannon for demo.

I probably couldn't do it unless you set up an air compressor. Even if they aren't very mobile though they are insanely powerful. So what I was into spud guns before nerf.

#213445 Endeavors In Lunacy Or

Posted by veginator on 19 February 2009 - 05:46 AM in Homemades

I would like to participate in some friendly competition at launching ballistic balls, but we'd really need to decide on a consistent standard ball that's obtainable for everyone.

My combustion cannon would send real golf balls (5 or 6 at once) to almost 190' but it's likely to be harder to achieve such range with foam's drag-to-weight ratio. I might get close to 300' with as many foam balls as can fit in a pringles can, but that would be cheating, because I expect they'd stay in the can almost the whole way.

I'd be good for some competition I have been llooking for a reason to start building cannons again. What kinds of restrictions would be in place? Also is there a chance of a prize?

#211830 Mcmaster Carr Foam

Posted by veginator on 12 February 2009 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

[*]Does it fit nicely (Refer to nicely as...Tight/like a glove) in 9/16"/T.W PETG
[*]Is it consistent?
[*]How's its density
[*]Is it worth its money (http://www.mcmaster....93295k43/=kq3xf)
[/list]

1. It fits well in 17/32 so it will be loose in 9/16
2. It is very consistent
3. It is nice and dense
4. Thats your opinion but if you have the money then yes

#205252 New Type Of Spring

Posted by veginator on 21 January 2009 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

If your going to use the springs with it also, it will probably accelerate slower than the springs, rendering it useless.

If I could make another one with less friction it would accelerate at close to the same speed as the spring.

#205241 New Type Of Spring

Posted by veginator on 21 January 2009 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

If you want to use an extension spring why not attach it directly to the plunger rod?

#205409 New Type Of Spring

Posted by veginator on 22 January 2009 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

Uh, it is perfect seal how else would I be able to put in air then compress it. The air would just leak out.

#205247 New Type Of Spring

Posted by veginator on 21 January 2009 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

When I built it I meant for it to be used in conjunction with the stock spring so I could adjust the power of the gun given the situation.

#205226 New Type Of Spring

Posted by veginator on 21 January 2009 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

This past christmas I got a new Vurtego air spring pogo stick, and after about three hours of hopping several feet in the air I wondered to myself if this could be applied to nerf. I got my answer soon enough.
Posted Image
Coming out the back of my shotty is a cutdown magstrike pump with improved seal and schrader valve. One might ask why the need of the improved seal. The answer is that the air spring is primed at about 20 psi and when fully compressed can reach close to 80psi which would blow out the flimsy o-ring that came with the pump.
Posted Image
As you can see the spring works by pushing against the shotty plunger rod.

Unfourtunately this design failed because:
1)The friction between the pump head and the pump tube was so great that at lower pressures(the only time I could prime the gun)the spring would stop halfway
2)The spring was not easily recreated

#205328 New Type Of Spring

Posted by veginator on 22 January 2009 - 06:50 AM in Modifications

Splitlip I don't think you or many other people get what I did. This is not an air cylinder actuated by air coming through the schrader. I first put about 20 psi in the valve and then the pump is extended. When the shaft is pushed back the air compresses and acts like a spring.

Thank you foamfoot but the pogo stick is about 10 times bigger.

#142263 Need Help

Posted by veginator on 23 February 2008 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

Carbon, what section in ace would you find the springs.

#142241 Need Help

Posted by veginator on 23 February 2008 - 03:46 PM in General Nerf

I have been trying to get new springs for my guns ,but I haven't been able to find any could you please tell me where to find some.

#203627 Recon Spring Addition With Removable Stock

Posted by veginator on 15 January 2009 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

that is not a good idea...That would make your stock EXTREMELY flimsy. And with 2 springs in that gun, I'm sure after repeated use your stock would break. Mine has a reinforced and weighted stock, and even then the stock still bends a tad when I prime the gun. I would suggest using some foam, or even just tape to strengthen it a bit.

What did you reinforce your own stock with foam? If you did than of course it will bend. Instead use what I use 22gauge steel. It will never bend again.

#178916 Pistol With External Tank

Posted by veginator on 22 September 2008 - 07:47 PM in Homemades

I like the design. Just please tell me thats not hot glue holding those metal fittings into the tank.

#192073 At3k Pump Extension

Posted by veginator on 26 November 2008 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

And I thought it was my first actually oringinal mod. I guess I should have searched better then. :(

#191980 At3k Pump Extension

Posted by veginator on 25 November 2008 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Anyway, as for the 3K, flow-rate isn't the limiting factor. It's pressure (and I think the seal, but I'm not sure). The design of the pump makes it more difficult to get as much pressure built up compared to an AT2K or other pump guns that have an exruting pump (instead of a sliding pump, like on the AT3K, AT4K, and SM3K).

The purpose of this mod was to make slide pump guns such as the at3k easier to pump when they are plugged. I think it turned out well.
Posted Image
Materials needed:
6-7 inches of 1/2inch OD aluminum pipe
3 in of 1/2 cpvc
1/2 cpvc endcap
at3k or similar slide pump gun

Tools needed:
1/2 inch drill bit
drill
glue of choice
dremmel of round file

Posted Image
First locate the pump and take it out.
Posted Image
Now drill through the hole shown with the 1/2 inch drill bit
Posted Image
Once you have done that jam your aluminium into the hole you drilled.
Posted Image
Now to make room for the aluminum you need to cut this piece out of both sides of the shell.
Posted Image
You are also going to have to close up the shell and take your drill and make another half inch hole.You are also going to have to file it down so it doesn't rub.
Posted Image
Next you need to cut the aluminum to size and drill out your cpvc to fit over the aluminium and glue it on there.
Posted Image
Finally slap on the end cap and put on some barrells if you haven't already.

It is now much easier to pump up the gunto high pressures because of such a smaller amout of friction on the new pump handle.

Questions/Comments/Flames?

#178928 Pistol With External Tank

Posted by veginator on 22 September 2008 - 08:22 PM in Homemades

Okay thats way better than having hot glue keeping those things in there. Let me tell you its scary as hell to have one of these things blow apart in your hands. One more thing I would recomend though, drill through where the caps overlap the pipe it is much stronger.