Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 15-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#290903 Scun December 18th War: Christ

Posted by Cannonball on 14 December 2010 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

It's not like we haven't played in the rain before or anything.

I'm just saying something along the lines of:

Don't show up in a tank top and shorts, or there is a good chance you will be miserable. Bring a jacket, or better yet, an awesome umbrella hat. Man, I hope they sell those at the 99 cent store.

Good point. Let's make crazy ponchos...

#290785 Scun December 18th War: Christ

Posted by Cannonball on 13 December 2010 - 12:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm thinking I'll have a +2/+3. One is not sure, but definitely a +2 of my regular crew. I'm psyched. I need to get my gear together whenever I'm not preoccupied with finals.

#291273 Scun December 18th War: Christ

Posted by Cannonball on 21 December 2010 - 01:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Making Jake's blaster go off was pretty funny. He'd been smacking my darts out of the air with his xbow for a while before then.

highlights:

-Not cracking my head open by sliding around in the rain
-getting the new hopper to fire pretty consistently. Just needed a better end cap.
-Some awesome TPB in the rain.
-Nor-cal guys coming down. The more the merrier.
-putting my ball gun to good use

Cons:
-breaking the trigger on my ball gun. the Polycarbonate happened to be a little too thin.

Pretty good day of nerfing.

#290890 Scun December 18th War: Christ

Posted by Cannonball on 14 December 2010 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

It's not like we haven't played in the rain before or anything.

#354244 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Cannonball on 15 June 2016 - 07:29 PM in Nerf Wars

What a great nerf war! I was looking forward to Armageddon all year and it did not disappoint! Huge thanks to Ice9 and all the other people who made sure the war ran smoothly.

I think I should apologize for all those China darts I was slinging around. Just got them and was rotating through them and my K'nex darts. Would've put them away for good had I know it was harshing the vibe. My bad everyone!

My only other Con is that this war is only one day a year.

PROS:
1. Familiar faces- nerfing with you guys is always a blast. Thanks for making the trip out again.
2. New guys - always amazed by the new people showing up, young and old. You guys are a blast. Keep it up. Come back next year!
3. Clicker deathmatch was excellent.
4. Dueling Hoongfu all day. I got a few lucky shots in!
5. Freezetag is always great, even when the CVN guys are lighting you up when you foolishly decide to take cover behind the picnic table closest to them. I've still got welts...
6. Three team Carpe was awesome. Our "runners" did work. Freed me up to try and steal from the corner team. I got one!
7. The weather was great.

This war was awesome. Plenty of cool stories to tell. I'm having a hard time remembering them all. I can't wait for next year!

#271363 'geddon 'leven Date Set July 10, 2010

Posted by Cannonball on 05 April 2010 - 01:52 AM in Nerf Wars

All of the dates work for me.

#360817 Armageddon XVIII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/24/17) NOW RECAPPING

Posted by Cannonball on 28 June 2017 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Armageddon was awesome, as it always is. It's been incredible having so many people come to visit us from across the country, especially these past few years. The East Coast contingent in particular comes with a good attitude and brings their A game. Glad I've gotten to know you fine folks over the years. You couldn't ask for a greater group of people to nerf/hang out with. I look forward to seeing you all next year. Maybe some day we'll return the favor and invade APOC!

Really, everyone who came out this year were awesome. The mood was light and fun. Thanks for making it so, everyone!

Let's start with some CONS: back pain slowing me down this year. Didn't do nearly as much running. Had fun regardless!

PROS:
- Ice9 is an excellent host. Our current war site is tops, and he makes sure we still have access to it year round. Thanks for all the hard work, man!
- Langley flying out to visit and just naturally assuming the role of co-host. I appreciate not having to yell at adults/teens/children once during my week, so thank you!
- getting to ZING BOW with some success (sorry Shmmee) but mostly just comedic results (sorry again, Shmmee).
- Face cards vs all. We were the "vet group," but experience didn't save us. Thought we had it at one point too!
- JLEGO and I trading shots behjnd trees while trying to get a bead on each other through the window of the back bungalow.
- Running my Khaos as a secondary was pretty satisfying. Makes me want that Nemesis real bad though.
- dart sweep went great this year.
- the two scrambles for free stuff were hilarious
- getting a free garbage bag full of unclaimed elite darts! I'll never have to buy darts for my students again. Thanks for leaving them, guys!

At the end of the day Armageddon was worth all of the hype this year and then some. If you went to any other war, you messed up. Looking forward to next year!

#280179 'geddon 'leven Date Set July 10, 2010

Posted by Cannonball on 13 July 2010 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah, where do I begin? Such a good day of nerf. I don't think I can think of any definitie cons, so I'll just do highlights.

-Team hopper clip
-Team maximizer
-Pretty much solid teams all day
-Got a few good barrel taps in during the day
-Awesome weather
-Getting chased by a whole team around the school at one point
-eliminated by the Urukai bow with a jury-rigged Rscb. kind of inspires me to dust off my bna now.
-"gangsta shot!"
- shooting the breeze around the tables in between rounds and after the war.

Good times were had all around.

#346398 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cannonball on 23 April 2015 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there with at least one guest

#310864 Another Simple 3D Printed Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 07 February 2012 - 07:31 PM in Homemades

I think there is something to the idea of having printed lower and upper receivers. You don't even need to print them as functional blasters. you can just print shells that join in the middle via pins (like an AR15). The lower could just be a trigger and or a stock, and the upper can just be a plunger tube and a catch. How they are customized could be left up to the end user. You can make uppers with plunger tubes just large enough for pistol rounds, or ones large enough to be considered primaries. I guess the advantage to the system would be you have a dedicated lower with features you are already used to, with interchangeable uppers you can use to adjust to different scenarios. That way you are used to the ergonomics of the blaster regardless of the round. This should help with your aim. But I guess this doesn't matter too much since we are dealing with nerf darts here.

#132881 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by Cannonball on 17 December 2007 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

I called the walmart next to my house. they carry them, but they happened to be out of stock. I checked another one and they didn't even have room on the shelves for them. I think I'm just going to wait until the craze dies down.

#125913 Zombie Games.

Posted by Cannonball on 12 October 2007 - 12:31 AM in General Nerf

Since you bumped it already, and we are still on the topic of playing at night and using some kind of illumination, I'd like to share a link to a good flashlight site. www.surefire.com.

Their G2 Nitrolon is pretty affordable and is one of the best flashlights you could possibly get. It's drastically brighter then a large maglite but fits in your palm. I own one myself, not just for the nerfing/airsofting, but for camping and stuff. I'm positive this light would have a greater effect on people then a camera flash.

Just thought I'd share something that might help a bit.

#132907 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by Cannonball on 18 December 2007 - 01:28 AM in General Nerf

well it wasn't physically next to my house so I couldn't just walk over. Gas isn't cheap either my friend so I'd rather eliminate what I can and save myself some time and money that can be spent on that Recon. Lazy, hardly.

#257416 Airtech 4000 Overhaul

Posted by Cannonball on 27 November 2009 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

I don't think a store bought dual action bike pump is going to cut down on the number of pumps too much. I think it might actually tire you out a lot faster, considering the dual bike pumps are a heck of a lot smaller than the ball pumps. I personally believe the ball pump would be a better bet, if it actually works at least. You might be able to find larger dual action pumps online though. I worked at a bike shop for quite sometime and all of our dual action pumps were pretty much the same. They are just made to cut down on space.

#148290 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Cannonball on 31 March 2008 - 01:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I am scrambling like mad to put together a crap load of stefans. I am hoping my order of petg comes in soon so I can make a double breech barrel or whatever it's called for my crossbow. I'm completely flustered and may get lost on the way to the war but I will be there.

#149271 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Cannonball on 04 April 2008 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

So are we meeting in the parking lot or something tomorrow morning? Or are we just going to wander around the park until we find people shooting each other with nerf guns? This is my first big war outside my church so I don't know how it's done yet.

#145634 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Cannonball on 18 March 2008 - 12:07 AM in Nerf Wars

I thought I'd put myself down for this war just so I don't forget later. I'm coming unless my hand gets infected and has to be amputated. That doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

#326657 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Cannonball on 11 February 2013 - 01:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I've been off the grid for a while so it's been hard to keep track of things. I will be there if it makes the window between the Youth group's high school camp and my trip to Kenya on the 30th. I was able to do it last year, but just barely. Fingers crossed.

#192421 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 28 November 2008 - 02:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down for sure +1

#194855 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 08 December 2008 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, I'm psyched up. It's safe to say the HB guys bring the cavalry to the wars. Right on. My buddy who's gone to the last 2 wars with me (You should know him bags, he goes to your school) just got his hands on an xbow too so I should have him set by saturday. I'm pumped! Got some more darts made and probably another buddy to drag along to boot. It should turn out to be a day of Effeminate proportions.

#183862 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 14 October 2008 - 11:58 PM in Nerf Wars

looking forward to it. You bringing some of your goods to sell to the war? I might be able to support your various addictions then.

#179534 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 25 September 2008 - 03:11 PM in Nerf Wars

sounds good so far. We'll see what happens when the date closes in on us.

#182527 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 09 October 2008 - 12:17 AM in Nerf Wars

put me +1 down on the list for attending.

#179197 Holiday L A N O 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 23 September 2008 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll check my calendar. Hopefully we won't get kicked out of sellers this time around. My buddy I brought to the last war is my driving buddy so I'll check with him too.

#295599 Bs-12 Advanced Tactical Nerf Rifle

Posted by Cannonball on 08 March 2011 - 08:43 PM in Homemades

That's just all kinds of awesome. Digging the ARs too.

#133671 Recon Close Up

Posted by Cannonball on 24 December 2007 - 02:03 PM in General Nerf

no ranges yet. I'm pretty much busy for the rest of the day since it's christmas eve. Internal pics probably will be taken later tonight since that is the only time I'll have to dissect this monster. Sorry to keep you guys waiting.

Also, how do I get this topic switched over to general?

#133605 Recon Close Up

Posted by Cannonball on 23 December 2007 - 11:13 PM in General Nerf

I messed around with the "laser"/light thing too.

Posted Image
"Tactical light" setting

Posted Image
"red dot" setting

All in all, slightly more impressive than a nitefinder light.

I test fired it and it doesn't sound too different than a stock longshot. I haven't taken a look inside yet, but I'll throw some pics up when I get around to it. Any picture requests? pm or just comment, I'll be happy to snap them. And if my pictures need to be resized, let me know.

Edit: I read the comments that you guys put up before I finished.

I think ranges are better than a stock maverick. Ranges might compete with a nitefinder missing one of the restrictors. I'll range test it officially tomorrow since I'm confined indoors right now.

The arm doesn't really get in the way.

#133609 Recon Close Up

Posted by Cannonball on 23 December 2007 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

$20.00. I'll be opening this bad boy up tomorrow and I'll make sure I take pictures of it.

Oh shoot. My bad guys. I accidentally put it under trading. How do I get it moved to general?

#133602 Recon Close Up

Posted by Cannonball on 23 December 2007 - 11:03 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I just snagged me a Recon I could call my own today and I figured I'd show you guys some pictures that weren't of a box. Here they are for those who are interested.

Posted Image

Inside the box

Posted Image
Here's the main gun compared to a nitefinder.

Posted Image
The whole thing compared to my slightly longer Longshot carbine. The handle on the gun feels better than it looks, but the stock is flimsy as hell and will most likely snap off during intense play.

Posted Image
Pulling the slide back is similar to pulling the bolt back on the longshot. It stays in position until you push it back forward. Here is the breech. It has a little lid over it.

Posted Image
And there is the little arm that lets you know when the thing is cocked.

#142589 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Cannonball on 26 February 2008 - 10:49 AM in General Nerf

the weather is actually cold enough for those gloves. we've been having weird weather anyway.

#142778 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2008 - 01:58 AM in General Nerf

I like the knit stuff better. It's way less punker. I have nothing against hot topic though. I was wondering though, how is the fit of the gloves? do they make it harder to hold your guns or is it really not noticeable?

#143036 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Cannonball on 28 February 2008 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

If pride was ever the issue, I don't think any of us would be running around with brightly colored guns shooting darts at each other.

#143124 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Cannonball on 28 February 2008 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

I think if you started crocheting crossbow cozies people would warm up to it a little more.

In all seriousness, I like the idea of just using whatever you've got and working with it. crocheting gloves with built in ammo holsters is a way to get around the problem of stuffing darts in your pockets. I personally think massive cargo pockets are ridiculous but to each his own. I think innovation is a very important part of what we do here in any case.

#279552 Diy: Hopper Clips

Posted by Cannonball on 05 July 2010 - 03:35 PM in Darts and Barrels

Just to piggy back on Bob's idea: here's a proof of concept, I guess:
Posted Image

I just took the 45 degree 1/2 pvc section and bored out the inside with a 5/8 drill bit all the way through. You'll have to clean it up a bit with a dremel and test fit a couple of times, but you should be able to get cpvc through there pretty easily. I took a 12 in cpvc section just so I'd be sure I had enough. I marked it around the 7in mark on one side for the barrel and cut about a 1in section into the cpvc. (I didn't really snap pics of that part, but I'll snap some later when I make another.)

This might be able to explain it a bit better:
Posted Image

That black line is the small gap filled in with jb weld in between the cpvc and the pvc section. I use 1.5 in stefans and the first one in line slides quite a ways in there. It goes in pretty easy. I've test fired it as it is and it fired pretty well with my maximizer and my PAS. I haven't perfected it yet since it's the first one I've made. The cap of the clip I put on there was a little loose, so it shot off every couple shots, launching out the rest of my darts. (it was actually pretty funny) I plan on cutting short that section of cpvc at the end and permanently attaching a clip.

In any case, it's a work in progress, but it sure is easier to go this route instead of boring out one of those 45 degree 1/2 pvc slip joints. Those are way more laborious to produce.
Posted Image

#279562 Diy: Hopper Clips

Posted by Cannonball on 05 July 2010 - 07:30 PM in Darts and Barrels

Imaseoulman: I'm working on the top most pvc hopper right now. I have to glue the length of pvc that houses the darts in because it keeps getting shot out. Luckily, that clip requires a smaller section of pvc than the other in order to hold around 7 or 8 1.5 darts. That's because that section of cpvc within the 45 degree section is open enough to seat the first dart considerably within the barrel and the second dart almost half way on the remaining section of pvc. I'll post again when I'm done with it.

The second hopper however is getting around high 80's to low 90's from the PAS and high 90's to low 100's from the maximizer. for some reason, that clip doesn't like my converted dart tag darts. they are considerably smaller than my regular darts, but they have a pretty good fit into cpvc. They don't have any problems being fired out of single barrels though.

#138241 The Snap-duo

Posted by Cannonball on 02 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in Homemades

Is the manta shield big enough to cover both snap tubes? I'm just eyeing it here but I think you may have some of it sticking off the sides. Regardless, awesome job Carbon. If you turret those two, it will look something like the double gatling gun Heavy arms carries in Gundam wing. My animefanness showed. my sincere apologies, I just thought it would resemble it.

#139982 The Snap-duo

Posted by Cannonball on 13 February 2008 - 04:57 PM in Homemades

nice work. I like how you can remove the shield. What's with one T replacing one of the key rings in the front of the gun? are you going to replace the other as well or is it just harder to cock that tube because of holding the gun/posture?

#141328 Nerf Eliminator And Hyperfire

Posted by Cannonball on 19 February 2008 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

so they are basically just releasing a new color scheme for the dtgs. I think they just dashed the hopes of a good number of people on here.

#142815 Nonstandard Game Types - Ideas, Rules, Etc.

Posted by Cannonball on 27 February 2008 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I like the sound of that. It's good to sometimes get "up close and personal" in the way only a springer pistol can provide. Not to mention it's fun.

#285294 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by Cannonball on 11 September 2010 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

I don't know much about all of this battery stuff, but I dug out some old batteries from an airsoft aeg and compared them to the tray. this is what I came up with: Posted Image

I took the picture inside with my Iphone. The light isn't too favorable in this picture, but I basically just sat the battery ontop of the dividers to check and see if it could even fit in there. I haven't modified the tray yet at all. it seems like it will slip right in on either side. You just have to remove a set of dividers on each side. I don't know if two of those would work right for the stampede though. I might just take a shot in the dark and try it out.