Kid Flash's Content

There have been 1000 items by Kid Flash (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#254984 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 31 October 2009 - 12:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, This gun is not getting done. It's 1.40 and I'm tired. I guess it's the rscb 4b... Ugh. I'm just going to mod a nightfinder for fun. I'm just mad at this stupid thing. Anyone here really good at making barrel spacers? If I can get some made I can probably get this finished in a month of on and (mostly) off work. I spent 37 dollars on tubing and connectors today so this project WILL get finished eventually and it WILL be used.

#254970 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 30 October 2009 - 10:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I may have saved myself... I found out that cpvc will probably work. I'm drilling it out with a 1/2 inch drill bit and it looks alright. In the future this gun will have some upgrades though. I lost 2 smdtg's though so this gun is smaller than I wanted... I'm already down 6 shots. Right now I'm charging my drill and trying my best to set up this gun. Where did I put that smdtg trigger now? I'll be there with this gun no matter how horrid it's going to be.

#255011 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 31 October 2009 - 05:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Fun war. I like my new splitfire. I'm back to working on my gun. I need someone that can make me special barrel spacers for cheap...

#255249 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 03 November 2009 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

No Grumpy...

#254981 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 31 October 2009 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I might have to bring a few back ups... This gun is not going to last. I'm using hot glue(a very little amount too since I don't have much), which is a major no no. The barrels are sorta crooked... I'll figure something out.

#254974 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 30 October 2009 - 10:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Are you ok? I assume you aren't in a brace or anything because you're going to a war...

#254959 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Kid Flash on 30 October 2009 - 07:13 PM in Nerf Wars

knock off sonic bazooka??? Anyone have any news on petg though? I'd be willing to pay a bit more than the 50 cents omc charges.

#118689 Silencers

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 August 2007 - 03:13 PM in Homemades

i am currently working on a beer bottle silencer. im going to post it when i get it to actually silence a gun. please not that it will look stupid though.

#295229 Hornet Tank Powered Longstrike

Posted by Kid Flash on 02 March 2011 - 12:47 AM in Modifications

That looks more like a hornet pump... I'm definitely interested in ranges, when you get them.

#183105 Fall Ohio War

Posted by Kid Flash on 11 October 2008 - 07:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe... Yet very likely. I looked it up on google and it looks like the address is 410 hathaway trail.

#184613 Fall Ohio War

Posted by Kid Flash on 20 October 2008 - 12:15 PM in Nerf Wars

So are big blasts altogether banned or could I use a normal big blast? I'm just going to assume that I cant use my MASS big blast as it freaking kills to get shot by it at close range.

#185378 Fall Ohio War

Posted by Kid Flash on 24 October 2008 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Parents want to do a family activity... And I don't have my car to come up either way.

#155619 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Kid Flash on 12 May 2008 - 07:03 PM in Homemades

Just figured Id follow up with what I posted. I screwed it up and used 1.5 inch pvc(I think) but I got the whole shell completed so Im going to try and make it work.

#155508 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Kid Flash on 11 May 2008 - 06:26 PM in Homemades

So what is on the tip of the dowel? An endcap? If so what size? Ive been trying for sometime to find out what sizes are best... Before I attempt to make a spring homemade (other than my syringe one).

#155555 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Kid Flash on 12 May 2008 - 05:11 AM in Homemades

Thanks for the picture. Time to go to home depot... After school that is.

#162191 Nerf Zapper Write Up

Posted by Kid Flash on 10 July 2008 - 09:50 AM in Modifications

Ok, for your next challenge: Integrate a SSPB into an N64 controller. :)

Mind if I take this challenge? Seriously... Im going to go out and buy one now... and 2 sspbs...

#162253 Nerf Zapper Write Up

Posted by Kid Flash on 10 July 2008 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

Hey I got the same little gun at walgreen's and slapped a coupler on it and banded it and I'm getting about 30'.

30? I thought this was the same as the target gun... It gets 65 with a cpvc barrel and bands.

#162210 Nerf Zapper Write Up

Posted by Kid Flash on 10 July 2008 - 12:42 PM in Modifications

I will also take on that challenge. I will also take any other nerf/nintendo challenges.

Make a gameboy gun.

#188125 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 November 2008 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

That sounds painful at close range... I'd shoot myself before getting shot with that by 30 or under feet away.

#153307 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by Kid Flash on 26 April 2008 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Why duck tape? I might try to get my hands on one of those springs now... Nice job alltogether.

#160456 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Kid Flash on 25 June 2008 - 10:47 PM in Homemades

Just wondering... Do you have to have a company to order from that site? When I proceed to checkout, I get to enter a company name and my name for shipping.

#160453 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Kid Flash on 25 June 2008 - 10:36 PM in Homemades

Just so you know, you don't have to rip apart a hard drive to get powerful magnets.

K&J Magnetics has a pretty decent selection of neodymium (also known as rare earth) magnets. For your purposes, a pack of 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/16" thick magnets should do nicely. 1" x 1" x 1/16" thick magnets might also work, but I'd be concerned about them not letting go easily enough.

If you were to use either of those 2 in the links dont use the second ones... holding metal signs to metal? slamming together?
"Strong and useful large plate magnets. Great for holding metal signs objects to metal surfaces. These strong blocks should be handled with care as they can pinch fingers and will break if they are allowed to slam together."

#160461 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Kid Flash on 25 June 2008 - 11:15 PM in Homemades

Ill order some of these tommorrow when my parents are up so I can pay with a credit card... This will be really useful AND you can also store guns and clips easier on walls and such by using magnets.

just curious... What sort of adhesive would you use?

#160749 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Kid Flash on 28 June 2008 - 07:04 AM in Homemades

Do you happen to know the pull force of your magnets?

#160459 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Kid Flash on 25 June 2008 - 11:04 PM in Homemades

You don't have to be a company to order from them; they're basically the McMaster of magnets.

And FYI, though it's a lot easier to slide the magnets apart than it is to pull them straight apart; you may still want to look into magnets with less pull force like the B882. I might be able to deal with magnet that has a 42-lb pull force, but you might find that you have difficulty working with them.

Im a pretty big guy, I think Ill be fine with 42 lbs of force.

edit: That link shows a smaller, cheaper magnet. Will it hold a sidearm?

#160465 The Nerf Warrior System Pocket Edition

Posted by Kid Flash on 25 June 2008 - 11:42 PM in Homemades

Here is what looks like a great side-arm magnet it's only .60 a piece, so cheap and fairly strong.

I think it might be too skinny.

#138867 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 February 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

airjet series. the pc is stronger than the ms.

#167833 Vulcan Ammo Box Mod

Posted by Kid Flash on 10 August 2008 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

And now slug designs one to hold a 500 round chain... Really though, this is a nice mod for the chain and I would probably do it.

#163618 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by Kid Flash on 21 July 2008 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

About 4 inches of petg, with angels old red fbr stefans.

#163610 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by Kid Flash on 21 July 2008 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Were you who outbid me on the lot of lightning blitzes and mad hornets? Either way theyre pretty cool.

#163616 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by Kid Flash on 21 July 2008 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

I only get 30ft with petg... pump plugged, 15 pumps... :blink: I'm sad now... :D

#163613 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by Kid Flash on 21 July 2008 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

I eventually got one... It is a lot of fun. Not too great of range though.

#295377 Fomas

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 March 2011 - 10:56 AM in Homemades

@kidflash: I love it. It's actually sick. May I ask how you made it? I'm very interested in pursuing this further...

For the "logos" if you want to call them that, I use photoshop and illustrator. I'd be interested in getting one of these homemade airtanks... I just don't think I could make one. Always worth a try.

#295365 Fomas

Posted by Kid Flash on 05 March 2011 - 03:44 AM in Homemades

This looks pretty interesting, and I also made something:

Posted Image

EDIT: Tried to make there be less dead space, and to fix some off imperfections in the black border.

#153286 Big Blast Modification

Posted by Kid Flash on 26 April 2008 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

This is kinda the same as slugs but with cpvc then... Nice job on the mod.

#294142 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 February 2011 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

I personally think people should suck it up and use the darts that the war tells them to. People should stop bitching and get with the times.

Just a reminder - this is what would -you- use? Yes, of course, the war organizer's word is fiat. If it's an 'official' war (such as a church basement or school gym) then the war organizer's ass is on the line. If it's a 'unofficial' war (no formal paperwork), the war organizer's rep is still on the line - if people have fun, then it's all good.

I'm saying, if you were the war organizer, or, if you had a open-minded war organizer (hi, Dayko!) who let's anything up to and including a 1/4" slingshot dart, what is your preference(s) and why?

Oh, and another question: how sure are you that you can tell if you were nailed by a slug, dome, whatnot? Me, when I'm out there, adrenaline is up and I'm amped, I just know if I'm hit or not (and sometimes, I've had other Nerfers call the hit, which I of course take, because I'm so excited I probably didn't feel it). I'd say, even if I was doing a 'taste test', I'd have at best a 10% chance of determining what sort of dart pegged me.

Personally, I prefer glue domes. I always have. That's what I joined this hobby using. HOWEVER, people need to stop complaining if a host does not allow them. It is safer to use slugs. If I get hit by a slingshot weighted dart, I know it, and it can hurt. If I get hit by a glue dome, I know it, and it could hurt, but it's not as likely. If I get hit by a slug dart, I know it, and it does not hurt at all.

#294134 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 February 2011 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

I personally think people should suck it up and use the darts that the war tells them to. People should stop bitching and get with the times.

#255314 Barrel Spacer Templates

Posted by Kid Flash on 04 November 2009 - 07:21 PM in Homemades

I have a request... Could you possibly do the smdtg? Id love spacers for those.

#246847 Barrel Spacer Templates

Posted by Kid Flash on 13 August 2009 - 09:11 AM in Homemades

DTB spacer plans would be awesome... on second thought, I can make them myself.
Not for me, but I think several people might like Doomsayer spacers (with the center cut out).

I'd definately like both of those... How about a rf20? Just if you have time... I know someone made them once but can't find it.

#203894 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Kid Flash on 16 January 2009 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Would you be selling kits to the stock and priming handle in the future? I really like them...