Fall Ohio War

Dayton, Ohio

93 replies to this topic

#1 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

We're on track for a record number of Ohio wars, and this one won't be the last. This war will be going down in the Dayton, OH area. More specifically, Tipp City, OH (15 minutes north of Dayton).

Directions:
There isn't a set address, but here's how you get here:

-Get on I-75 and get off at exit 68 (Tipp City/West Milton)
-Head east on Rt. 571 (The street you hit when getting off the hwy). It will be a right turn if coming from south, left turn if coming from north.
-turn right at the next light (There will be a BP station on your right. I think the street name is Garber Dr.)
-Continue through the first stop sign. You will pass a dentist's office, and a few houses on the right, then the park is there on your right and left. Park anywhere on the street. If you hit a second stop sign you've gone too far.

If you can't find the place or need help, pm me your phone number and we can get in touch that way.

DATE SET: October 25th
Time: 10am-whenever

Rules/Regulations:

Standard rules, no singled titans, sm5k's, the like. We'll test it gameday on you from point blank range to see if it's usable. Protective eyewear is strongly recommended, as this isn't a huge field. There is a creek running through two of the areas, and some playground equipment as well. Gametypes will vary, I'm open to suggestions. As usual, bring water (there is a drinking fountain, but it might be closed up for winter by then), guns, ammo and anything else you think you'll need. Please bring your own darts as well, I'm tired of losing 200+ darts at every war.

Participants list: (Updated 9-22-08)

Definite
bpso86+co.
bobafan
Twitch
Lynx
nerf mafia+2-3
boisie+Vistagecko
Longshot Wielder+1
Mr. BadWrench

Possible
Grimlock+?
Mepain+1
nerfguy01+1
Kid Flash
thaygor

Field Pics:

Right side of street (This is the largest field, with the most trees, and a creek that snakes through the entire field):
Posted Image

Posted Image

Left side of street (This field is more of a playground, but it still has the creek running through it):
Posted Image

Posted Image

The last field is out of view, but it's basically just an open field. Sorry for the quality, my windows are tinted kind of dark, it was dusk, and I was in the car.

The creek:

Posted Image

Edited by bpso86, 24 October 2008 - 10:08 PM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

Not going. Have fun.
SexD Warves

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

I'll be there one way or another.
I can ask, but I think I will be the only one.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

I have a chance. I;ll give more on this later.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#5 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

I'm possible. I don't know if I'll have a ride, so that's why. If I do, most likely will have 1 extra.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#6 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

I'll try to go.

Hopefully my dad will bring me. You know, if he isn't totally pissed off for me not going to his house while my mom's house has power. Something about air conditioning, tv, internet and refrigeration.

I have to have the monster of mine done by then. It's party time!

By the way: Winter war in Columbus please? You know, the awesome Whetstone field or the newly discovered playground area.

Edited by Lynx, 02 October 2008 - 08:21 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#7 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

I'll be there if nothing else comes up so far my parents are going to a wedding and I dont need to go. And my brother will be there this time. And probably the guy I brought to the last war. And if I can convince my freind to come he maybe going. So me plus 2-3 if all goes as planned.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#8 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Not going. Have fun.

I kinda assumed that you wouldn't be able to make it, no offense. With school being in session, and everything that goes with it, it's ok. Hopefully you'll be able to make the winter one in Columbus.

By the way: Winter war in Columbus please? You know, the awesome Whetstone field or the newly discovered playground area.

Yes, let's do that sweet playground Joe found. I'll let you guys make the thread for that one when the time comes. I think it will suit a winter war quite well, with little to no kids around to get in the way.

#9 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

Thaygor + 2
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#10 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:30 PM

I'm a maybe. I will go if my parents don't decline and I can get a friend or two to go. This would be my first official Nerf Haven nerf war, so I would feel weird going alone.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#11 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

I'm a maybe. I will go if my parents don't decline and I can get a friend or two to go. This would be my first official Nerf Haven nerf war, so I would feel weird going alone.

It,s not weird so don't worry abot it.I went to my first war last weekend and it was a blast. I meet some new people got some kills it was fun :]

Edited by thaygor, 19 September 2008 - 12:36 AM.

Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#12 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:44 AM

Smack dab in the middle of HVZ...so no go for me. Have a blast, though.

If nobody objects, I don't mind planning and hosting it. Look forward to it!
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#13 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Hey I may need to hitch a ride with one of you guys from the cinncinati area let me know if me and my group can hitch a ride I cant ride with bobafan this time its too out of the way for me to meet him. Also I'm woundering if a single shot larami ball gun will be allowed I'm not yet finished with it so I have no idea how much power it has. And there were people at the last war with singled big blasts will they be allowed this time.

#14 Grimlock

Grimlock

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

If I'm not busy I'll come to this one. I might be able to get some friends to go to this one too.

#15 Mepain

Mepain

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

I'm in the same boat as boisie. Count me as a maybe+1.

Edit: Not going.

Edited by Mepain, 20 October 2008 - 06:48 PM.

#16 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

Lynx I know how you feel my dad was without power until wednesday night.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"

#17 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

I'm possible. I don't know if I'll have a ride, so that's why. If I do, most likely will have 1 extra.

Me and Boise will most likely car pool together. But as of now I'm a maybe.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#18 stickdeathgod

stickdeathgod

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

o wow this is cool me and 2 of my friends are probably going
we just got into nerf i just bought my magstrike tonight
and i also have a maverick and nitefinder
there is also like 5 other kids a may be able to get to go
but its cool beczuse this park is so close to my grandmas house i can actually see it from her house
If today I die,
And can't deny,
The poison,
Chosen for tonight

(trying to buy extra magstrike clips)

#19 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

That's good and all sdg but clean up your post tha admins can ban you for that but I can't because I'm not.
Welcome to the haven. :)
Favorite Quotes:

#20 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

That's good and all sdg but clean up your post the admins can ban you for that but I can't because I'm not.
Welcome to the haven. :)

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 20 September 2008 - 10:19 AM.

Favorite Quotes:

#21 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:15 AM

1st post updated.

This park is very wide open, but the creek makes it difficult to move around. It's going to be a lot different than the war we had in Kentucky.

#22 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

I just got a yes from a driver. I think he might join in a couple rounds if I push him to it. He will, um, be the old guy.

Yeah lets go with that.

BTW: NF in a crossfire with cpvc and combined springs. The turreted NF of 'I can't aim city'. BBB (with the turret attached). AT2k...

Edited by Lynx, 02 October 2008 - 08:20 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#23 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

You're having problems aiming the NF? I was getting pretty good accuracy at KY.

Hopefully I'll have my revamped dt3 done by this time.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#24 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:03 AM

Well it appears to be an hour and a half drive for me but I'm still planning on being there.

#25 Garrett76z

Garrett76z

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

Well its been a LONG time since I've visited NH. I actually just moved up to the Dayton area, Xenia actually. Unfortunately I will be in FL at the time of this war but am very interested in coming to another local one. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users