Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#208601 How

Posted by Banshee on 01 February 2009 - 12:47 PM in Modifications

How about you don't because concept threads piss everyone off. We want to see REAL mods, not idea's for them. Take a camera, take pictures of a real mod, and post it up. Otherwise you're going to waste everyone's time.

#198349 Brass?

Posted by Banshee on 23 December 2008 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

Oh my gosh, do some searching. If you've been around for 2 months you'd have seen at least 3 topics about copper piping. Copper can NEVER be used in nerf guns unless you find custom darts to fit it. Its just too big. They make it in practically one size and its expensive as well as heavy. It'll never be used as a barrel material as long as we have brass.

#125241 Help With At 3000

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Is it the one in the plunger? If so the whole end of the plunger is lubricated and you probably had some grease in the valve when you filled it. The glue wont stick to the grease at all. Take a q-tip and clean it out well, then try again. You could put some tape over the hole afterwards for safe measures.

#161407 Sm 1500 Pump Replacement Problem

Posted by Banshee on 03 July 2008 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

First of all, where did you get that pump and whats it for?

But I know what your problem is. In most pumps for guns there is a rubber gasket at the end that lets air in to the tank but not out. You don't have the gasket in the new pump so you can't hold the pressure in. What i would've done is take an old pump with the hose still on it, cut most of the pipe off the original pump. Then you wrap e-tape around the stump of pipe until it fits the opening of you new pump. Then take a piece of PVC of your desired size and stick it over the e-tape. (Make sure its very tight). Then blow into the open end to make sure its sealed perfectly. Then create a new pump handle with a new O-ring, make sure its a perfect fit. I use this on my RF20, Magstrike, and a few of my super soaker's. SO MUCH NICER to only have to pump 10 times to shoot 20 darts!

Hope that helped!

-Banshee

#162430 Ls Help Plz?

Posted by Banshee on 11 July 2008 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

well i say epoxy it and wrap it in e-tape or duct tape. If you can get a new one or do that, get a large piece of PETG to slide over it to keep it from breaking more.

#164002 Airtech 2k Question

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

okay, well how many darts are you looking to fire?

#163999 Airtech 2k Question

Posted by Banshee on 23 July 2008 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by shotgun. Like multiple barrels, or multiple darts in a barrel, like pump action?

#208532 Increasing Magstrike Trigger Stroke?

Posted by Banshee on 01 February 2009 - 02:22 AM in Modifications

I'm not 100% if it'll work, but the pin that sticks out of the trigger mechanism could possible trimmed down. If not, then cut a notch out of the trigger itself so the trigger goes farther back before it hits the MS trigger.

#206492 Big Salvo Problems

Posted by Banshee on 25 January 2009 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I'll try it. Thanks, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Q-tips right? Haha. I don't know much about Big Salvo's But I didn't even open it up, I just stuck 10" CPVC barrels down each existing barrel with some e-tape on each and I'm getting about 110'-120' ranges level. Is it supposed to be that awesome?

Without a plugged pump? It seems a little unlikely to me, but who knows? Maybe you have an exceptionally powerful one.

Yeah I think so, I've heard that the OP valve on it kicks in at around 15 pumps, mine does at 22 pumps.

#206365 Big Salvo Problems

Posted by Banshee on 25 January 2009 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I'll try it. Thanks, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Q-tips right? Haha. I don't know much about Big Salvo's But I didn't even open it up, I just stuck 10" CPVC barrels down each existing barrel with some e-tape on each and I'm getting about 110'-120' ranges level. Is it supposed to be that awesome?

#206343 Big Salvo Problems

Posted by Banshee on 25 January 2009 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

I just picked up a Big Salvo from Goodwill a couple minutes ago. It seems to work but if i pump it slow the air leaks out of all the barrels. The only way to keep air in the chambers is to pump it really hard really fast, then it works. Whats a good way to fix this?

#313835 Supermaxx 500 Leak

Posted by Banshee on 01 April 2012 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

I've been messing with this one for a few weeks now and I'm stumped. I bought it at a thrift store, and I was pretty thrilled about it, but later I found that it doesn't hold pressure. You pump it up and it leaks right out of the barrel end of the tank. I opened it up and put it under water, and it leaks from the front of the tank and nowhere else. The check valve is fine, the hole for the firing pin is fine, its just the rubber seal in the tank that leaks. I was really disappointed because the only way to get to the seal was to cut the barrel off. And that means the gun will never be in original condition which is what I wanted, but I'd rather have a working modded gun than a broken stock gun, so I cut the barrel off.

Once I could get to the seal, I used a little oil on it, that didn't do anything. So then I put a little lithium grease on it. That helped a tiny bit, but it still wont hold pressure. Its not an instant leak, I'd say it takes about a second to leak out 2 pumps. When I push the firing pin into the tank and pump it, it makes no difference, so I don't think a stronger spring would fix it. It seems that higher pressure seems to help seal it, so plugging the pump might work, but not only is the pump glued in and I can't get it out, but I hear that plugging the pump on a SM500 can blow the tank, so I really don't know what to do. I would like to be able to soften the glue on the tank and open it up. I don't want to cut it because I've never been able to successfully glue tanks back together, and since this tank is attached to the pump as one big piece, I'm not even going to try.

I've done everything I know how to do to fix this thing, and I haven't gotten very far. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

#160790 Nf Help

Posted by Banshee on 28 June 2008 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

It sounds like its your barrel. Barrel size and material is VERY sensitive to how you're gun shoots. If its scored inside, it'll suck, if it's to big it'll suck, and if its to small it'll suck too. (Something about that sentence seemed sexual...) I suggest using a barrel thats requires no effort to push the dart in, but when you hang the gun danger-end down, the dart shouldn't fall out. Then you know your barrel is good.

#184946 Demon Breech( Titan Mod) Update!

Posted by Banshee on 22 October 2008 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Ok, and now you've STOLEN one of my pictures without asking for permission.

WAY TO GO.

You also didn't need a second post, you EDIT your first one.

AND this isn't a breech.

Please do not steal pictures without asking permission first.

Im srry about ur pic i totaly forgot. like i said im a noob i cant post well

Being a noob isn't an excuse to try and suck dicks. My advice to all noobs, spend at LEAST 3 months on this site before posting. You'll learn how its run. I had been on here for years before ever becoming a member, and I've never been yelled at. So fix up your shit. Read the CoC and here's what you did wrong with you last post:

"Im srry about ur pic i totaly forgot. like i said im a noob i cant post well"

Try it like this...

"I'm sorry about your picture, I totally forgot. Like I said, I'm a noob, I can't post well. Here's 20 dollars for trying to suck your dick."

#257214 Spings And O Rings

Posted by Banshee on 25 November 2009 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

What was the point of this thread? The o-ring size can be found by searching. I know for a fact we've discussed that before. Other than that you haven't told us anything we haven't already known, so try not posting things like this again.

#191293 At2k Help

Posted by Banshee on 22 November 2008 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

DO NOT CUT IT OPEN!!! Trust me, thats a last resort... I've done this same fix about 4 times and I just used a paper clip to fish out the seal, then held it in place while I pushed it back on. Sometimes its a little frustrating, but I've done it in about 5 minutes... Try it at least before you do something you don't have to...

#228186 Longshot Troubles

Posted by Banshee on 04 May 2009 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

I am going to have to go with you not putting it together right. I doubt that Hasbro redesigned the longshot and didn't make it look or function any differently. This happens to me all the time and I find its usually that the plunger tube is rotated in its place or something is missing.

#204631 Yes Another Switch Shot Mod

Posted by Banshee on 19 January 2009 - 12:51 AM in Modifications

Hahaha, I'm waiting to hear that "eeeeettttttttttttttttt" sound from The Grudge! HAHA!

#182464 Having Mod Problems

Posted by Banshee on 08 October 2008 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

Take it apart and look at the O-rings. I had that problem once and one of my O-rings got pinched between the plunger and the head. From then on I always taped up my plunger.

#162624 Another Recon Problem

Posted by Banshee on 13 July 2008 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Hmm. Well I'd really like to see pics or better yet a video so we can see what is happening cuz I didn't really get half of what you just said.

#163133 Nf Help

Posted by Banshee on 17 July 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

If the barrel isn't glued in, then you may have disconnected the barrel from the plunger so you're hardly getting any air. If not, then I'd say the combination of problems equals the fact that your NF is fucked. Buy a new one.

#160449 Ds Help

Posted by Banshee on 25 June 2008 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I was going to open up my DoubleShot to see why it didn't fire. (It would break it open all the way load the shells, latch it and fire but it always made a tiny ping sound and no dart went ANYWHERE.) So I took all the screws out and when I opened the casing parts flew EVERYWHERE. So Now I got some of it in but I'm a little puzzled as to how they go in. No one in the mod directory has taken internal pictures, so I'm lost.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to put it back together and fix my problem, or better yet show me some pictures of the inside correctly put together. (With multiple angles because there is 2 layers to the internals.) Anything helps!

Thanks guys!

#160467 Ds Help

Posted by Banshee on 26 June 2008 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

Ok. This happened to me a while ago and now I truly appreciate the numerous warnings that the DS sucked major balls. My Doubleshot was also not shooting anything. By some miracle of God I somehow put it back together and fit everything back in. And I still had the same problem. Throw it away, give to some 5 year old who thinks its a cool gun, but a rubber plunger on the front and use it to unclog toilets, etc. and then go buy a titan and triple shot it. It gets better ranges and it shoots three shots instead of two.

I enjoy good humor. Hahaha. but I got it at good will so I was like eh, what the heck. I also got a SM3000 (lucky find) but the DS sucks balls. Oh well. I'll use it as a back scratcher.

#160565 Ds Help

Posted by Banshee on 26 June 2008 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

Yeah, we all seem to think a like. If i was going to scrap it, I'd use the barrels, plungers, springs, and the stock for other random stuff. But I haven't touched it yet just in case someone happens to show me how to fix it. If it shoots more than 4 feet I'll keep it. :D

Jwasko, if you can get me pics that'd be great!

#203232 At3k - Removable Rose Turret

Posted by Banshee on 13 January 2009 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

Cool, so hows the range on that thing because marker barrels give bad enough range much less ones who are still half intact. Like measurements if you can because I have 4 nite finders that all shoot different ranges.

#159709 Longshot Troubles

Posted by Banshee on 19 June 2008 - 10:43 AM in Modifications

From the sounds of it you've done so much structural damage that repair isn't worth it. Anything is fixable, but it'd cost you more money than a new LS. I say, get a new one and scrap out the old one, use the clips and springs and stuff.

#163134 Non-advancing Magstrike Mag

Posted by Banshee on 17 July 2008 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

This probably sounds redundant, but it really sounds like you put it back together wrong. The advancer may not be in the right place so it not only doesn't force much air out, but it doesn't catch another clip notch to move if upwards. It sounds liek the assembly might be too far forward.

#158605 No Cpvc

Posted by Banshee on 09 June 2008 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

I know from experience that some employee's of stores like this can be stupid and have no idea what CPVC is. If you use the word PVC they might get it. I know this sounds stupid, but anything helps right?

#195790 Range Shot

Posted by Banshee on 13 December 2008 - 01:30 AM in Modifications

I think you'd get better results if you cut the tube short and shove the barrel all the way into the orange part on top. There's a lot of dead space there.

#258641 Specific Nightfinder Question

Posted by Banshee on 11 December 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I'm so lost. I get where you talking about, but I don't get why there's metal there. And if so, whats the need to cover it up? Either way, epoxy putty is obviously the choice around here. Its like 4 bucks a tube at walmart.

#241571 At2k Issue

Posted by Banshee on 12 July 2009 - 03:03 AM in Modifications

TELL ME YOU HAVEN'T CUT IT OPEN YET!?!??! I don't know how many time I've said this, you DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have to cut open AT2K tanks to fix the popped seal problem. Its a very simple problem with a very simple solution that I have explained many times because this question always come up.

Straighten out a paper clip, pull the firing pin all the way back, stick the paper clip into the tank and in the center of the o-ring, pull the o-ring to the center of the release hole in the tank, carefully remove the paper clip and slowly release the firing pin into the o-ring and it will pop right back on. It literally takes less than 5 minutes if you don't get get it the first time. NEVER cut the tank open, especially if you're an inexperienced modder. You're never get it back together perfectly. It'll leak or blow after a few uses.

#165210 Big Bad Easy!

Posted by Banshee on 29 July 2008 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

Nice theft of signature....

#163236 Best Air Tank In A Gun?

Posted by Banshee on 18 July 2008 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

Yeah SM3k tanks suck. I have had 3 have the exact same problem as you. I would go with a 2k tank, or an at3k tank, as I like those too. If you really want to be classy, a SM1.5k would work really well too.

I'm glad to see that this isn't unusual, that popping noice scared the crap out of me haha.

Banchee: well ROF is not that important for my purposes, the more power i can get the better, however I have a size limit since this thing will be roughly fitting in a maverick shell, a titan tank would be too big. I have a 18inch barrel on this thing, and before the sm3k tank blew i was getting 120ft flat, so I would like a tank that would keep my ranges around that or, of course, more

Well then, I would have to agree with everyone else when we say AT2K tanks. They're cheap, easy to find, and the guns themselves are small. Not to mention its very easy to integrate the guns in other places.

#163137 Best Air Tank In A Gun?

Posted by Banshee on 17 July 2008 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

Well, what are you looking for besides durability? Range, or RoF? Range wise, a Titan or a Blast Bazooka. As for RoF, you're gonna want an AT3K/AT2K. My battle arrangement is a RF20 and a quad barreled AT2K. Or on occasion I may use my new rifle I just built out of a super soaker. This one has a 12 inch long sports ball pump and a 26 inch barrel. At 5 pumps I can get about 150 feet level and angled about 250-300 feet. I have no clue why it shoots so far angled but it does. Anyways, tell us more about the qualities you want so we can better help you out!

#190336 Nerf Maverick Help

Posted by Banshee on 17 November 2008 - 07:55 PM in Modifications

Try looking in the mod directory for an internal picture. Here, this should be good enough:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8367

If its not, you shouldn't be nerfing...

#159462 What Gun Has Potential.

Posted by Banshee on 17 June 2008 - 12:51 AM in General Nerf

Well if you look at how many things you could do to the gun, I'd say the Nightfinder. But if you're looking for the most radical changes during modification, I'd say an Airtech 2000 or something close.

#158602 Longshot Problem

Posted by Banshee on 09 June 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I did this once too. I literally had the entire plunger rotated 180 degrees inside. Don't ask how i managed that one, but it wouldn't work very well. Also I'm not a fan of using aftermarket springs in guns because they can weaken or damage parts. You may be having some of these issues due to the extra spring.

#241390 Industrial Velcro

Posted by Banshee on 11 July 2009 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Never mind.

#179467 Nite-finder Comes Apart.

Posted by Banshee on 24 September 2008 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Thats really weird because I nested a #49 and a DoubleShot spring together in my NF and it works great! Its a bitch to cock but I'm getting low 90's with it. It probably wont last very long at all, but nothing is falling apart right now.

#237568 Hornet Madness

Posted by Banshee on 20 June 2009 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

Unless you are a pretty good modder, I wouldn't even bother fixing it. The hornet is pretty hard gun to mod, even fir experienced modders. The end result won't even be worth it. You bought it at a garage sale, so it probably wasn't more than $5. If I were you I would scrap it. It has tons of parts.
If you really want to fix it, I would submerge the internals in water and pump it and see if bubbles come. If so, then goop up the spot.

Submerging is a good idea, but its not always a good idea to put the pump itself underwater because then you start pumping water through the lines and into the tanks and it makes a mess and you'll get water vapor every time you fire. It looks kinda cool, but it soaks everything. Just a tip.