Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65469 Help With Fixing My Razorbeast?

Posted by Starbuck on 10 October 2005 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Look at some of my mods for the RzB. I've worked hard on trying to get that thing up to par with modern guns...

#64652 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 30 September 2005 - 01:22 AM in Modifications

Yeah, do tell me what happens to your project, Hunter. If I do recall, I was going to buy that SSII case off of you a while back. I hope everything goes well.

#64519 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 28 September 2005 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

To be toally correct, it should be SSII000 with the extra "0." However, I chopped it off because I didn't like the way SSII000 looked as opposed to SSII00. If anyone is going to try to duplicate this, feel free to ask questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

#64459 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 27 September 2005 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Much thanks, gentlemen, much thanks.

It's not better than going out and buying a pump gun, but I did it for comfort. Like you said Vacc, I am very partial to the SSII. I also love the way it feels. It feels incredibly balanced and fits my large had very well. Just took an old classic and updated it a bit.

#64424 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 26 September 2005 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

... I get about 85 feet with five pumps and 75+ with three. Remember, it takes a couple more pumps to reach max pressurization because I removed two inches of the pumping tube.

Previously stated...

#64398 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 26 September 2005 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Well... acutally... this is my first real integration. The only other ones that I've done before it put in Secret Strikes in Nite Finders.

#64390 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 26 September 2005 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Much thanks to all and to Talio since he doesn't dish out praise very often. I'm glad you all like it. The trigger wasn't too hard really. I had orginially planned to use part of the original AT2k trigger on it, but I decided to fabricate my own with wire and the original trigger.

#64318 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 25 September 2005 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

It's powerful! It's accurate! And above all, it's comfortable! It's the Sharpshooter II00... Enough with the cheesy commercial. ^_^

It's been a while since I've posted anything useful, so I shall break the silence with this one. This is what I call the Sharpshooter II00. For all you dorks who can't figure out the name, it's a Sharpshooter II with the internals of an AT2k, hence the II00 (2000).

The chief reason for this integration is one of comfort. The AT2k is a powerful gun; many of you arm yourself with one. However, I personally find that the gun is somewhat uncomfortable. In my opinion, the Sharpshooter II is hands down, the most comfortable and user friendly gun ever made by Nerf. Well, I recently discovered that my favorite Sharpshooter II was falling apart (but that's ok, I have 5 other SSIIs B)). The parts that the plunger tube sit in broke out and rather than installing aluminum bracing, I decided to breathe new life into it.

Posted Image

What I did was take the internals of the AT2k out and situated them into the SSII casing. I had to Dremel out a lot of the casing, but I got everything in there. I also had to replace the tubing with a more flexible tube that I got out of a broken SM3k. I drained the goo tube and cut it off and screwed the orange "well" back together. I filled in the hole of the well with hot glue.

I next had to take off two inches of the plunger tube to fit it in the gun. I also did this to the plunger and repositioned the black handle. I positioned everything inside the case and hot glued everything securely. I had to put in a piece of aluminum to help brace the airtank and keep it from moving around. Next, I drilled a hole through the original SSII trigger and ran a piece of wire through it and wrapped the wire around the rod that opens the tank's air valve.

The end product looks like this:

Posted Image

With a 3.5 inch 9/16 brass barrel (I only had 3.5 inches of brass left), I get about 85 feet with five pumps and 75+ with three. Remember, it takes a couple more pumps to reach max pressurization because I removed two inches of the pumping tube. As always, feel free to ask questions. I hope you've enjoyed another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#63845 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Starbuck on 18 September 2005 - 04:25 PM in Off Topic

Football: Tight end
Track: Discus

#63641 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

With my weapons cache, I plan to equip an elite force of mercenaries to take over the world. :D

#63636 Sharpshooter 1 Mod... Oh, My...

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

It's really impressive that, with a little work, the orignial nerf dart gun can hold up to the newest.

Oh, yes... with a little TLC, the Sharpshooter can be right on par with most of today's spring pistols. I've been known to tote mine around... :D

#63635 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe the pictures tell all...

#63587 Sharpshooter 1 Mod... Oh, My...

Posted by Starbuck on 13 September 2005 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

I Dremeled mine out to I wouldn't have any sliding around. As for the tape and glue... it's 3m electrical tape and I have no clue what brand the hot glue is. I'm glad it worked out for you.

#63420 Cops.

Posted by Starbuck on 10 September 2005 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

Here in my town, across from the local high school we have some people who do RPG H2H stuff. They dress up like elves and wizards and whack each other with foam swords. They have never gotten in trouble over it. So, what is the difference between whacking each other with foam swords and shoot each other with foam projectiles? I see none. But, every city/town/county is different so I would suggest talking to an officer of the law to make sure everything is cool.

#63276 New: Tech Target Redesign; New Dart Tag Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 07 September 2005 - 07:43 PM in General Nerf

You bastard. Now I feel the urge to go out and buy several Tech Target Sets. Seeing as my parents won't let me buy stuff online, I'm pretty much stuck buying the full, overpriced sets.

~ompa

Omp, that would not be a bad idea. In a couple years, we'll see noobs posting topics begging for a TT like they do now for LnLs. It'll be utter chaos, but I've got em' covered. :lol:

Ah... let the hoopla begin...

#63274 New: Tech Target Redesign; New Dart Tag Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 07 September 2005 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

I'll throw in my two cents...

I think they are coming out with the "Scout Tech" because the TT pistol we have now is too powerful when modded. The TT when modded with any of the thousands of mods is very Lock N' Load-esque. It's powerful, accurate, and plentiful. It has a large plunger tube with a nice big spring. The Scout has a minute tube and a laughably rediculous spring. It just has no power. I believe they are trying to phase out the "potentially" powerful guns execpt the BBB, as it has already come out, but no one knows for how long.

Yep... the original TT will be hot stuff down the road, just like the LnL.

#63112 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Starbuck on 05 September 2005 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

Now the Nerf market will be flooded with BBBs. There goes my days of selling over priced loser weaponry... ;)

#62337 Defender T3 Problems

Posted by Starbuck on 21 August 2005 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

Since I consider myself an expert on the DT3, I'll answer this...

Posted Image

Notice the space between the back of the pistol and the arrow launcher in back. Make sure the two guns are tightly fit together at the back. Notice up top, the latch is not meeting trigger catch.

Posted Image

The reason this is happening is that your pistol barrel is not the same diameter as the front orange piece with the spring. This piece forces the pistol back into position. The orange piece is over your barrel, therefore it can't push it back into position. I suggest going back and doing my DT3 mod. That should solve your problem.

Also, there is no need to have a long barrel on the DT3 pistol. This just makes it impossible to dissengage the pistol from the launcher.

Hope this helps.

#61598 Boomstick And Other Delights...

Posted by Starbuck on 10 August 2005 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

I'm glad you all are enjoying everything.

Langley, filming starts next week in the basement, so if you want a backstage pass I can get you one...

#61551 Boomstick And Other Delights...

Posted by Starbuck on 09 August 2005 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Here lately people have been hounding me to post something on my boomstick. I used the Auto-Grip, yet another hated on gun, to make a stick of death. I can add the Armor-Shot to the long list of guns I've pulled from the abyss.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These guns are super simple. Take a Dremel tool and remove all excess shenanigans on the outside of the gun (the extra plastic that holds stuff on). On the Auto-Grip, remove the flip up handled and Dremel all around that. Then hot glue in a 3" piece of 3/4" CPVC where the air hose was located. In the 3/4" CPVC, nest a 6" piece of 1/2" CPVC. Finally, cut a 3.5" piece off of a coat hanger. Tape it on to the gun so that by pushing the metal rod, it engages the small trigger.

On the Armor-Shot, take off the flip up ammo holder. Again, I Dremeled off all the excess plastic (i.e. the plastic that holds the handle). I then Dremeled a hole 1/2" in diameter on the front of the plunger tube. I then glued on a 4" piece of 1/2" CPVC. I wrapped some electrical tape around both of the boomsticks to add support. I added rubber bands to the Armor-Shot because I felt it needed more velocity.

Both of these are 70+ feet firing weapons. The official long on the boomstick is 79 feet while the Armor-Shot hit out at 77 feet.

There you have it... two guns that at one point no one could give away, modified into sticks of death.

And here are the other delights...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
That's a pic of my newly updated arsenal. I think it's about 89 guns hanging on the pegboard. There's another 13 that are being restored/modified and are on the work bench.

My loving girlfriend painted the pegboard, the shelf, and helped me hang all of those up. She's such a wonderful girlfriend. :D

As always... feel free to ask questions about the boomsticks or anything in general. Hope you have enjoyed another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#61027 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 08:19 AM in Off Topic

Mods are totally legal, so if you had the full game, you'd be fine.

#61025 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 07:32 AM in Off Topic

A friend and I considered modding Arena Blast with new guns like the PC, Splitfire, Sharpshooter 2, ect. We might get around to it one day...

#60901 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

Alright, since posting I added a few more guns. I received a R.A.W. The Force, another Chainblazer, and 4 AirTech2000s. I figre the Force will bring some more value to mine. That brings the list to:

Airtech 2000 (2; 2 modded, 2 NIB)
AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (4)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored )
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)
R.A.W. The Force (untouched with original box)

#60898 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:27 AM in General Nerf

They got them from old eBay auctions.

#60678 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

NerfMonkey and Hunter... I'm glad you like my collection.

Orange, I take it you are more of a collector rather than get out and use them, right? I'm glad you still have my SM500. Take good care of that pistol. I don't think you'll find another SM500 like that one. :D

#60634 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

LastMan... I'd say around $225.

#60630 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:53 PM in General Nerf

Yes... This is the SuperTech 9000.

Posted Image
And yet another beautiful picture from our friends at Nerf World.

It was a SuperMaxx 2000 with a different paint scheme and a stock. These are rediculously rare. I've seen one of these a couple times. A kid in my neighborhood had one, but he threw it away a long time ago. What shame.

#60626 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
This is it. That picture is from Nerf World.

I owned one of these about seven years ago. It was apart of the SuperMaxx Air System (SMAS). The 1500 Arrow Shooter was basically the Larami 2000 with a six shot arrow turret added to the front. You can see this from another pic from Nerf World:
Posted Image

The Arrow Shooter was incredibly beastly. It had the air tank of the SM2000/5000, but had a six shot revolving turret. I believe this to be the number one rarest gun out there besides the SuperTech 9000.

#60621 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

Rip, I'd say your's is around $225 seeing that they're all SuperMaxx guns.

#60595 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal. I'd really like to know how much all of this really is worth.

AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (3)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored ^_^)
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)

And to back up this claim since some people over at NHQ didn't seem to believe this, here is a picture:
Posted Image
This was taken when I was first hanging all my stuff on the pegboard in my basement, so you can't see all of the guns. Most were on the floor or on tables.

Anyone have a round about guess of the value?

#60072 Favortie Sm/larami Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

I've owned all of the Larami guns, even the rare SuperMaxx 1500 Arrow launcher. My favorites would be the SM500 and the SM1000. The 1000 wins because of rate of fire. I'm currently trying to restore one since I sold mine like an idiot.

#60058 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

The PC is sometimes used with a strap. I lend it to my friend so he can put it on his SM5k since it's longer.

#60056 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here we have a standard military black web belt. I have two U.S. M-16 pouches that fit my PC clips well. On the back of each pouch, there is a smaller pouch where I keep ammo for my DT3. I keep the DT3 clipped to the side. The PC is for quick short range shots, while the arrow shooter is for longer ranges. I can dissengage the pistol for my sidearm. Sometimes, I just take the PC and the DT3 pistol and leave the arrow launcher behind. This setup works very well for me.

#59994 Just Got A Sharpshooter

Posted by Starbuck on 23 July 2005 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

I came up with this conversion for the Sharpshooter 1. It can be seen here: http://nerfhaven.com...hl=sharpshooter. I wouldn't do this to the in box Sharpshooter, especially since it has the original type 1 darts.

#59883 Rubber Bands And Ranges (or Other Stretchy Things)

Posted by Starbuck on 22 July 2005 - 12:27 PM in General Nerf

I am in favor of banding. Acutally... I use surgical rubber. It doesn't look as goofy as rubber bands.

Yes, I've had plungers start to warp up on me, but this can be corrected by soaking in hot water and putting into a vise. A way to prevent warping is to remove the bands when you're not using the gun.

I test all my guns with banding. However, I denote all the mods performed on a gun whn I post a write up.

#59707 Mystery Gun!

Posted by Starbuck on 19 July 2005 - 11:04 PM in General Nerf

No, the Backlash is. The thing is smaller than a NF and gets 70'+ flat.

~ompa

I agree, the Backlash, when modded, is crazy, but I said it is one of the most underrated guns. In my opinion and since I am biased torwards it, I think it's the most underrated.

#59698 Mystery Gun!

Posted by Starbuck on 19 July 2005 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

No, no! The DT3 pistols, once modded, is one of the most accurate and powerful pistols ever. Check out my mod. This gun is one of the, if not the most underrated gun ever.

#59536 New Member-saying Hello

Posted by Starbuck on 17 July 2005 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

We milsim somewhat around here. It's more of a hybrid. I wrote a thread about that a while back. It can be seen here.

#59416 Anyone Ever Shot One Of These...

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

The magazine is obviously on the front. But, it does not take a "box clip" like .45s and 9mms do. You load the gun by what is called a stripper clip.

And, yes... this was the gun that Han Solo's DL-44 pistol is based on. We decided to purchase of these beauties in 7.63x25 Mauser, but we're going to convert it to fire 9mm Parabellum.

#59379 Groove's Nf

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 10:24 AM in Modifications

Very nice, Groove. I mounted an SSPB in a buddy's NF a while back like that. They just look cleaner that way. Overall a nice, clean modification. I'd like to see the ranges on it.