Mantis's Content

There have been 512 items by Mantis (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1989 Base Defense Cannons, And You

Posted by Mantis on 04 March 2003 - 02:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Dude, the animation makes it so much more badass.
IMHO though, it would be the best. Just imagine it, a gaggle of kids running up to the base defended by only 2 men. They look at each other, one with dual RF20's, the other manning this behemoth. The two nod, turn, and open fire.
Soooooo badass.

#12963 Badass Nerf Quotes!-world Famous-

Posted by Mantis on 17 November 2003 - 05:51 PM in Off Topic

Why is everyone so down on the AT1K. I'm sure its not the worst gun ever.....I can't think of one, but im sure it exists. With a little CZPVC any gun can be good. 20 feet may not be that far to us (the distance the AT1K gets when fired at a 45 degree angle, with a mega stefan), but to ants it's like a mile. Even though the SecretShot may shoot farther, and is the size of a keychain, and the AT1K isn't worth the $5, you still have no right to bad-mouth a gun...even if it's worthless.

-Kid Dart
(You could have used that money to go to the Olive Garden and get some "lunch" off of Groove.)

You're turning into a white Jesse Jackson. Everytime you go to your keyboard, you don't have to type out a speech.

#10077 Attention N00bs...

Posted by Mantis on 20 September 2003 - 10:14 PM in Site Feedback

*slams head into wall after trying to make sense of that IM conversation*

#10136 Attention N00bs...

Posted by Mantis on 21 September 2003 - 02:23 PM in Site Feedback

Where's the pic Groovey??

#9852 Attention N00bs...

Posted by Mantis on 17 September 2003 - 07:58 PM in Site Feedback

Ecko...you're gonna get eaten alive....

#593 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 14 January 2003 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Famine, you need to go back and get your daily dosage of jizz from vacc's penis. Who knows though, maybe you just have a low sperm count and you need to share vacc's as we all know he's been giving it out to the gay community for years.

#390 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 07 January 2003 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I think its time to settle down. I just checked the auction and it looks like you're ready to play hard ball. Dont bullshit here, but are you gonna go over $35? Cuz if you are, seriously, I'll just quit here.

#386 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 07 January 2003 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Chill out Vacc, I never threatened one of you with violence. Besides, ebay is fair game for anyone, I would have found the auction eventually, and if you guys have enough crossbows to be giving out the shells, why do you need a new one?
And on another note, Famine's been fucking around all week, dont take it too seriously.

#380 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 07 January 2003 - 05:39 PM in Nerf Wars

You best step off my crossbow. That name is mine.

And besides, dont you guys have enough crossbows lying around?

#420 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 08 January 2003 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I need to explain myself a bit here. First off, I had no idea the bidder on the gun was you at the time Famine. And when I did find out it was you, at the time, I figured you just wanted another gun, so I didnt think you wanted to go too high. And 12 hours from the end isnt really losing, 12 minutes before the end could be considered losing. Besides, I told you I wasn't going to go any higher (mainly because I realized you were gonna be all pissy about it and weren't gonna quit), so I'm not gonna stay up till midnight to eat shit it from you.

Anywho, I modded up some of my other guns in the past week, so I dont need my EaB anymore. I actually have two in working order, at least I think I do. If you want one, bring a bit o' cash to reckoning and you can get one.

#458 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 09 January 2003 - 07:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, Famine was right when he said we shouldnt bitch at each other. So lets not.
The EaB is moddable, I used it in a few wars not too long ago, it just doesnt suit me anymore. So bring whatever you figure is a fair price or trade for it.

#516 Att: Lcm

Posted by Mantis on 11 January 2003 - 12:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Lemme see how good the second one is. I'll bring both on Sunday.
GD- You're coming tomorrow right? If so, bring some cash, and maybe a few extra guns for trading instead.

#112965 Article: Slow The Fuck Down Already

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 09:25 AM in General Nerf

But hey, at least I have been to a Nerf war and want and plan to go to others.

That made me giggle. Does that imply that a lot of people don't actually play with their fancy new modified toys these days? That's a genuine question.

#112152 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 20 June 2007 - 09:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright fellas, odds are none of you know me, but I'm going to make an (extremely half-assed) effort to get to this war. My plan consists of the following:
  • Download Southwest's DING
  • Keep it on for the next 17 days and hopefully get a plane ticket for 5 cents
  • Steal Underpants
  • ?
  • Profit
If all goes according to plan, especially Phase II, I'll be there.

Edit: I just went on an emotional rollercoaster, being elated that we had a free party plane, and crestfallen when it fell through (which was obviously going to happen). So after browsing to the topic, is Ontario the best airport, assuming my plan works?

#100998 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 11 March 2007 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Its good to see this is coming together so early. I might be able to make it, if some of the other clowns from this (better) side of the country come.

Happy 3/11 Day!

#24117 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 12 April 2004 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Hell, if we pull this off, I'll toss a pillow and a sheet in my bag and sleep on a bench in the park if nobody has room.

#24261 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 14 April 2004 - 07:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Im confused, would we be playing in the orange fields or in that badass place the video took place in?

#24068 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 12 April 2004 - 12:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok guys, me and the Shindig were talking it over and decided we want to continue our pipe dream of going to Apoc. This year we figure we might pull it off.
If it was one of the first two weekends mentioned, we could catch an afternoon flight, get to Cali in the nighttime, then get a Sunday afternoon flight home.
The question is, would one of you fine young gents provide us a couch to sleep on (we only need 1), or are there HoJo's around? Also, could someone pick us up from the airport, since we might get there rather late?

And of course, how many people are we looking at for this year?

#24340 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 15 April 2004 - 05:59 PM in Nerf Wars

If you guys get a date set and its at least a 20 man war (hopefully a bit bigger), Shinny and I could probably pull it off.

#24472 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 18 April 2004 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

So has anyone played at this guy's house yet? I just wanna know how usable it is.

#24181 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 13 April 2004 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

It would take you 5 hours to drive 100 miles??!? Dear goodness man, how do you ever get anywhere?!

#24095 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 12 April 2004 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

We had 27 at an Apoc once and that worked out rather well. I dont know how the organizing goes out west, but here one of the Horsemen, Chris (famine?), just gets on a picnic table and shouts until we all listen to him, then he makes teams. Maybe you guys actually have a system out there.
Like the other two Jersey boys, an August LANO would be alright, but Armaggedon is the wars of kings in my mind.

Edit: As we were conversing, I think the 12/13 weekend would be best for the Shindig and I.

#2264 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Mantis on 16 March 2003 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

only 2 things come from texas...........

But which one is Goo?

#315 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Mantis on 04 January 2003 - 11:26 AM in General Nerf

I feel like such a newbie, I came in when the old school 1500 and 750 were all over Toys R Us. And, like an idiot, I threw out all my cool guns when I thought nerf wasnt cool anymore (arrowstorm, sharpshooter 2, wharthog, and too many others)

#77527 Archived Website

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

You guys are no fun

#23068 April Invitational War

Posted by Mantis on 31 March 2004 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Vacc, even though we arent invited to the war, is it still ok for me and Howie to come over with the lube for later in the evening?

#337809 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Mantis on 28 March 2014 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make the war, but would anyone be able to get some high-quality footage and maybe some interviews with famous nerfers? I am planning on making an episode on the channel dedicated to Apoc 2014 since it is hard to find good Apoc footage. Thanks guys.

If there is any of the good ol' days footage it would be practically unwatchable. Our site used to be on the archive.org wayback machine but I can't get to it anymore.

#319878 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Mantis on 04 August 2012 - 08:15 AM in Nerf Wars

You guys are having this war about 6 miles from my house, expect me to show up at an unexpected point throughout the day

#109889 Apocalypse 2007

Posted by Mantis on 07 June 2007 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I wasn't present when we voted. I was rallying for Paul's backyard this year.

#8008 Apoc: Reactions

Posted by Mantis on 10 August 2003 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Some of MY highlights
Getting shot by Gunndown (I knew he had it in him)
Constantly forgetting who was on my team
Wondering why the Shindig was being so uptight about seige
The final shootout that involved me, Howard, and Pencap vs the entire other team of about 7.

#8113 Apoc: Reactions

Posted by Mantis on 12 August 2003 - 12:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Seige really did kick ass. Too bad the Shindig was all uptighty about it.

I was thinking, and even though its pretty useless as of right now, we should get rid of the tap rule in seige. I got jabbed by the same two people about 6 times when you guys rushed in the second game. Then I just kinda stumbled around trying to get my bearings and then dove back into the game.

#8119 Apoc: Reactions

Posted by Mantis on 12 August 2003 - 01:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I think you have the tap rule mixed up. If your gun is loaded, its more of a mercy kill than anything else. Its like, "I know you are gonna get me if I run, so just tap me"

#8311 Apoc: Reactions

Posted by Mantis on 16 August 2003 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I retired from h2h forever. I mean, after Phil can beat you, you know you're over the H2H hill.

#8004 Apoc: Reactions

Posted by Mantis on 10 August 2003 - 05:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I concur, the rockage was unimaginable.

#112999 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 12:34 PM in Nerf Wars

When we all find out that the person who passed away was a key player in this young man's life, and that is the reason he won't be able to find time for a nerf war, we're all gonna feel like complete douche bags.

#112992 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 25 June 2007 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

You people...saying what the rest of us were thinking.

#113123 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 26 June 2007 - 10:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Warpig (in case you dropped by to read this),
You have just doomed humanity. I went out on a limb for someone who doesn't even know how to properly make up an excuse to get out of something (see: Famine's post) and this is what I get. I will never be nice to anyone I don't know ever again thanks to you. From this moment on, I shall never "pay it forward" again.

Thank you,
Heartbroken in Toms River

#113526 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 01:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Let's keep the suggestions to an absolute minimum, that means don't offer up any ideas unless they're good. An example of something to not suggest would be what Dark Shrimp just said. As much as I enjoy a good FFA, its a terrible idea.

#113452 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 28 June 2007 - 08:28 AM in Nerf Wars

This is looking to be a clusterfuck of massive proportions. The LCM is gonna have to have a meeting (we'll leave Evil out since he can make decisions on his own) and decide how we're gonna handle all you fuckers.

#111997 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by Mantis on 19 June 2007 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

For those who have never been to Apoc, its a blast. The rounds start off with bikini-clad women shouting go, they end with people crying, and someone is touched inapproriately every time. Sadly, there's gonna be too many of you whipper snappers running around for the Creek, so Matt decided on Deal. The bigger the better, the Huskaroo sweater, is what I always say.

Who knows, I might even spring for a gun of my own between now and then.

I look forward to this war and the strict training schedule that always accompanies it.