Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 11-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20155 Pimpjuice12

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 February 2004 - 02:14 PM in Off Topic

That may explain a few things. His nerf sales and business practices seemed questionable to me. I kept on emailing him, and I never even received a legitimate response. I hope shit like this never happens on NH again. Scammers like that deserve to have their asses kicked.

#22438 Crazy Ideas

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 March 2004 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

If you look around the internet for Nerf modifications, this has already been done before. I haven't found any glow in the dark tape that can be used, though. If you find where some can be found, I would like to know.

I don't think this is a "crazy" idea for darts. If you really want to impress people, you might as well install a flux capacitor on the darts so they can time travel and hit people BEFORE YOU PULL THE TRIGGER! Now that's not only crazy, but downright insane, not to mention impossible. :w00t:

#19959 Sharpshooter Ii

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 February 2004 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

I also have a SSII, and I recommend making a nested brass barrel. The mods section on this site has some great info on this.

#15535 Tech Target Integration

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 January 2004 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

That is a great idea. Secret Strikes seem to be the best Nerf gun to integrate into other guns.

#24851 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 April 2004 - 10:05 PM in Off Topic

I think it's pretty cool hearing about other troops out there helping make the world better. I have a lot of respect for our troops in the US (I even have a few friends in the National Guard), but I rarely hear anything about the military in other countries. Thanks for helping bring this to light for others, Taita. There are many military divisions who do not get the recognition they truly deserve.

#24868 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 April 2004 - 11:18 AM in Off Topic

I wish that the US could withdraw from Iraq as well, and focus their military on more important areas in the world for the war on terrorism. I feel that our president decided to go to war with Iraq mainly for the oil, instead of the "legitimate" reasons they tried to pitch to the UN.

#24871 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 April 2004 - 11:41 AM in Off Topic

You have a good point there, Vintage. I wish this whole situation could just go away, but looking at reality, the US is at a point where it is too dangerous to pull out anyway. We do need to stand our ground there until the dust finally settles. My main problem with the situation is the reasoning for us going to war there in the first place. I am all for the elimination of terrorism, but I think that our government should make better decisions on where military action should be taken, and weigh in the possible consequences. The main reason that the US told the UN they were going to war with Iraq is to find their weapons of mass destruction, which I have yet to hear any reports of them being found in Iraq.

But, looking at Osama's threat about Iraq, maybe we are indeed starting to tread on the terrorist's weak spots. I guess we'll have to find out.

#24948 Anzac Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 27 April 2004 - 09:45 AM in Off Topic

But, looking at Osama's threat about Iraq, maybe we are indeed starting to tread on the terrorist's weak spots. I guess we'll have to find out.

As I have said here, it seems that there is becoming a better reason for the US to stay in Iraq. If Osama is trying to convince other countries to get out of there, it means that he wants fewer troops in Iraq screwing up terrorism plans. This seems to be an indication that Osama really doesn't want anyone there. If we stand our ground, I believe that it is possible that we could cripple Al-Queda, or at least other major terrorist activity there.

Also, I have been watching the news lately, and the current firefights have been in an area where a suspected insurgent leader is hiding. Our intelligence has failed a few times before, but it was able to track down and capture Saddam. I just hope that this battle will turn out for the best.

Vintage, thank you for helping clear up this issue for me.

#22491 Copper Barrels?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 March 2004 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

Copper is okay, assuming you use something that fits the darts, but brass piping sized to fit most darts is much easier to find.

#27991 Nerf Airjet Stinger

Posted by Oroku Saki on 08 June 2004 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

Both pumps are similar, but I think that the SS2's is slightly different. In my opinion, I hate the gun, even after modding it. If you can get one for really cheap, it might be worth it, but I think people are crazy if they are even willing to pay more than $5 for it. I think you may be better off with a Secret Strike or making a homemade.

#16861 Cant Find!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 January 2004 - 02:58 AM in General Nerf

The main places that I can think of for buying Nerf guns are stores that carry toys, and eBay. Many stores, such as K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target, KB Toys, ShopKo, Toys R Us, etc. usually carry nerf guns. If a store doesn't have any, it may be a good idea to check back once in a while. Also, there are a few places online where Nerf guns can be purchased.

#36155 Acclaim....

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

I wonder which game company is next on the chopping block? It's sad that Acclaim is now out of business. Despite a few shitty games here and there (which is common with practically every game company) I think that there are a few good games that Acclaim did come out with. Like Rags said, I'm not even going to bother with the Turok sequels. Didn't EGM publish a crappy game award section each year in honor of that weird Tobias guy from the Turok Games?

Edit: I also found that Acclaim was responsible for the Mary Kate and Ashley games that we have seen in existence. Unless you are one of their stalkers, or a deranged perv, those games will definitely not be missed.

#29365 Dart Modds

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 June 2004 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

In my opinion, I think it would be more cost effective to modify your guns to fire stefans. They are easy to make, and extremely cheap. If you do a search on the forums, you can find many topics that previously covered stefan making.

If you are still looking to modify the stock darts, there isn't really much that can be done, but there are a couple of things. One, if the darts load into a barrel instead of on a peg, you can take some duct or electrical tape around the darts to increase the air pressure. The second dart mod that I have heard of is to stick straws down the holes of the dart holes to make them more durable, especially when running them through a modded gun.

#47776 Paris Hilton's Address Book

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 February 2005 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

Talio's edit:

A. Don't post crap about Paris Hilton, nobody gives a fuck.

Agreed. I have wondered for quite some time why that bitch is famous in the first place. She's not that hot anyway, and the only thing she is "famous" for is her sex video. Who cares? Over time, I believe that she will be most likely be remembered as nothing more than a skid mark on the underwear of modern culture.

Maybe this mobile phone hacking is a first step in the demise of our douchebag pop culture. All it takes is a few bored hackers with some time on their hands....

#17576 At2k Problem

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 January 2004 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

You might be able to patch the leak with some hot glue or super glue. It may not work the same as before, but at least the gun may still be functional.

#21599 Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 March 2004 - 01:48 AM in Off Topic

::Raises Hand::

It all depends, usually I only drink to get a little buzzed on occasions nowadays. Had a little bad experience with making really strong screwdrivers a few weeks ago. Hangovers suck.

When drinking, always remember Strong Bad's Property of Ones: "A One that is not cold, is hardly a One at all."

#22714 My Pc Nooooo!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 March 2004 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

What is this seller's username?

#25032 New (are They?) Scenarios

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 April 2004 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

Maybe you should try using a different vehicle instead, like a golf cart or go-kart.

#46549 Happy B-day Vintage!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 January 2005 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

A belated happy Birthday; I'd sing you the VACC song but I forgot it and I'm too lazy to look it up.

~ompa

The VACC song? How come I didn't hear about this? The things I miss on the forums when I'm away every so often........

#46458 Happy B-day Vintage!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 24 January 2005 - 11:05 AM in Off Topic

Happy b-day, Vintage! Hope you have fun.

#38749 This Had Me Laughing...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 10 October 2004 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

I think he hit "new topic" instead of "add reply"...

Either that or he smashed his head against the keyboard.

That's what I was thinking, but then again, it's kinda hard to accidentally start a new thread, unless of course, he just happened to have his mouse pointed at the wrong button. Is there supposed to be a point to this thread, or am I just confused?

#21638 Nerf Gun Balls

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 March 2004 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

You might be able to use those yellow foam practice golf balls found in sporting goods stores. I don't know if they fit, but they may be worth a shot.

#20946 Which One

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 March 2004 - 03:00 AM in Modifications

As far as what I have heard, the AT3K is a better gun because it has an automatic rotating mechanism. The AT2K has a manual mechanism similar to the Supermaxx 1500. Both are excellent guns after they are modded though.

#46665 Happy 2nd Birthday Mraow

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 January 2005 - 10:14 PM in Off Topic

Or to put it in more elaborate terms, he acted like a dipshit, and then claimed that it was his brother who signed on to his computer and did the postings.

#33479 Ballistas Or Arrows

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 August 2004 - 08:59 PM in General Nerf

Either that, or mod your gun with PVC, Brass, or PETG to fire Stefans. Accuracy and rangewise, Stefans kick the shit out of stock darts or arrows any day.

#18648 Help With Making Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by Oroku Saki on 10 February 2004 - 12:57 PM in Homemades

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate your help. A few days ago, I was checking out boltsniper's site, but some of the close-up pics were not loading at all, making his description rather confusing. I did not know that he fixed his site until you guys told me. It's great to know that he posted some updates on it. Again, thanks for the info.

#18639 Help With Making Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by Oroku Saki on 10 February 2004 - 10:14 AM in Homemades

I recently got the parts listing the boltsniper posted on NHQ, and went out to my local Menards to get most of the parts. I have the main pvc components cut to specs, but I am not sure of the best way to cut out certain parts, such as the area for the bolt to slide back and forth. Also, I am having difficulty in figuring out how to get the main components together to make this gun at least somewhat functional. Has anyone built anything like this before? I would appreciate any advice or help.

#37718 New Powerclip

Posted by Oroku Saki on 24 September 2004 - 01:01 AM in General Nerf

According to what I have heard, the PC rerelease is going to be exclusively at K-Marts, and it is expected to be out later this year. I haven't found a solid release date, however I heard it should be within the next month or so.

#25307 Air Bazooka Mod

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 May 2004 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Is there an overflow valve on the end of the pump that you can plug? If there is, then maybe you can modify the pump so that it takes fewer pumps to fire the gun.

#30602 Need Help

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 July 2004 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

For most plastics, Acrylic, Enamel, or Krylon Fusion Spraypaint works well. If you do a search, there are plenty of threads on this forum that discuss this.

#30607 Need Help

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 July 2004 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

I haven't tried using Krylon Fusion, but I have heard of many people having success with it. Maybe I should pick some up for my next painting project.

#39312 Custom Hornets

Posted by Oroku Saki on 19 October 2004 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

I'll have to be the first......

You can say that when you post your custom Hornet pic. Get to work already.

#41113 Attn: Any Soldier

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 November 2004 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

It is good that you are bringing this site to our attention, Evil. Our soldiers deserve those little extras regardless of where or why they are stationed where they are. I like it that one of their suggestions is Beanie Babies for the soldiers to give to Iraqi children. Finally, we all have a use for those damn things that have been sitting in America's closets, collecting dust. Maybe I can talk a few ex-beanie collectors into sending some donations.

I remember hearing stories from one of my friends who was stationed in Iraq a few months ago. When it comes to donating DVD's, pr0n does go a long way for a poor soldier stationed out in a desert. I'm serious. The thing is though, usually soldiers order it themselves, and it's hard to please everyone. I would probably go with a universal type donation such as CDR's or DVDR's. Then they can burn what they want.

I also encourage the food listings they have there. It's only a matter of time before standard issue rations start to taste like shit. Beef Jerky is one of the best fucking foods out there (link found at the Anysoldier website):
http://www.bigjohnsb...ysoldier.us.php

I am sure Maddox would also agree with me on that one.

The site also has some other great suggestions. I just wanted to highlight some of my favorites.

Support our troops!

#39833 How Do I Make A Nerf Faster?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 October 2004 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

It depends on which gun you are using. Take the name of your nerf gun, do a search, and you will find many mods out there. Looking at the mods section of this website wouldn't hurt either.

#38622 Nerf Skill-1

Posted by Oroku Saki on 08 October 2004 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

Your text is confusing. Study up on your english, dammit!

Yeah, just so he can help you out.

I thought it was pretty clear. He's holding in all but one dart so that it fires one dart at a time rather than all 5 at once. If you don't know how the gun works when stock, why don't you study up on your Nerf, dammit!

It makes sense now. Thanks for helping clear things up for me.

Edit: 3D, I am sorry for my previous post. I didn't mean to insult you.

#38376 Nerf Skill-1

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 October 2004 - 10:06 AM in General Nerf

Edit:[quote deleted]

Are you trying to say that the Lightning Blitz is good in a war? Good for you, but it would help to explain the advantages of this, especially to some of us who don't even have one.

#36434 Check This Out

Posted by Oroku Saki on 04 September 2004 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

I have seen that quite some time ago, probably back at the time Bush started the Iraq war. The link is even funner when you go to Google, type in "weapons of mass destruction", and click on the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

#33984 Who Are All These Visiters?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 14 August 2004 - 08:48 PM in Off Topic

My theory is that it is possibly a regular user who deleted their cookies so that their parents/girlfriend/wife don't find out if they have been looking at pr0n, hence them going to the site without logging in. Or, it just may be because of random wanderers just looking at the site.

#37367 Posting And You!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 September 2004 - 04:00 PM in Off Topic

Hey, Cx, it may be a good idea to require all new users to watch this vid before they are able to post. Doing this should reduce the amount of useless posts, but on the other hand, it can be pretty fun watching people being stupid and then get flamed for it.

#43662 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 December 2004 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

Holy crap. This kind of thing should be illegal (wait it is illegal). Maybe what I ment was it should be indirectly illigal. Why the fuck are guns legal. I mean guns are cool and all but they should only be used for target practice, cops and hunting. I don't want the world leaders to get crazy go nuts and make all types of guns illegal like airsoft, paintball and nerf but just the fire-arms. I feel sorry for Dimebag, and his brother, the band, the fans, the metal listeners, and anybody who sympithises with them.

No matter what gun control is imposed, it is still not going to stop psychos from shooting people. The best way to prevent something like this from happening is to impose better security.

That's really sad to hear about this happening. Pantera was a great band, and a great counter to the trendy manufactured pop bullshit they usually play on the radio. Dimebag Darrell will be missed. May he rest in peace.