Spoon's Content

There have been 516 items by Spoon (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24385 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2004 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh come on two hours is nothing. I flew 6 hours to Nerf in NJ before.

Assure your dad that unlike the LAST YANO (*cough fuck you guys cough*), there will actually be lots of people at this one. We promise.

#24482 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2004 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok well first off, as far as permission goes, I (and most of the other people who have flown out) are old enough to not need permission. The rest did it with open, honest communication, having your parents talk to the people on the other side, and fundraising.

As far as luggage, you NEVER bring guns in you're carry-on, because they'd arrest you. I'd even be nervous to put it in my checked luggage. When I flew to New Jersey, and all the times the Horsemen flew out here, we shipped our guns first. That's the safest way pretty much.

#24547 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2004 - 03:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Three hours before an Armageddon would be a luxury for me...I hate it too but yet I always seem to do it.

I could possibly house someone as well, I have a guest bedroom. The main limiting factor would be how quickly I would grow to hate you. This factor is inversely proportional to the number of people staying with me, and how old they are.

#24092 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 12 April 2004 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I wouldn't worry, I doubt we could get 40 people again even if we were holding everyone's parents hostage. And good thing too, 42 people did NOT work very well. Honestly I'd like Armageddon to hover around 20 people, that seems to be the largest number that can reliably work.

#24372 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2004 - 01:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Amen!

Now it's time to evangelize guys. We've got a badass new location, the chances of Groove and some LCM boys coming down again and a bunch of good guns relatively easily available.

I KNOW we can get 20 people easily for this war, hell there's going to be probably seven people from my group alone, easy! So lets make it happen guys, let's show everyone how SoCal nerf is DONE.

#24313 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 15 April 2004 - 10:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Indeed, my love of 3 team wars is historic.

Now it all boils down to: will Toj's parents REALLY want 20 sweaty nerfers around their property all day? And can we GET 20 people to come down? I bet we can. All I know is that if the war is in Oceanside, I'd better see ALL of the SD crew there, there will be no excuse this time. Jason's even considering driving down from his home, which is EIGHT hours away, to come to Armageddonin June.

#24046 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 12 April 2004 - 12:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Steph gets back from England on like June 16 so if you want her to come (which would be good since we'll be losing Matt and Jason since they'll be home for the summer), it'll have to be the last two weekends, most likely the last one.

July.......Well if all goes according to plan I'll be shooting a film in July, ruling out the whole month.

#24146 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2004 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

If it was on the 12th Steph would be screwed, and since it's the summer Matt and Jason won't be here either, so my crew would consist of my brother, Hubbard and...well...me.

As for August YANOs, I start school again in late August but that doesn't really matter. I'll be moving into my apartment probably in early August but really any weekend at this point (I stress the "at this point") would be ok.

#24269 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 14 April 2004 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

OMFG, I'm Pw33N3D by the pics of Chez Toj. I'm all over it like a fly on shit. I'd drive there this weekend if there was a war going on (and if I wasn't already going to Ray's). I mean did you SEE the two level deck and house and shit? I'm 0wned.

#26687 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 21 May 2004 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

ATTENTION HORNY DESPERATE 14 YEAR OLDS:

I'm bringing girls.

That is all.

#26158 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 14 May 2004 - 05:40 AM in Nerf Wars

All you have to do is show up. You know the date, time and location. Be there or be rectangle b10tch!

Vacc: That warms my heart, among other organs.

#27253 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 30 May 2004 - 01:42 AM in Nerf Wars

I've got me, Steph, Stephanie, Hubbard, Matt Reynolds, possibly one other but I doubt it. Matt and Jason are back home for the summer unfortunately. So figure 5 including me.

#28248 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 10 June 2004 - 07:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Jordan can't make it either on that day due to orchestra stuff, so thats one less from my group.

#28818 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 18 June 2004 - 02:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Final count will be me, Steph, Phil (Steph's brother), Stephanie and most likely Hubbard. CHAPMAN POWER!!!

Pw33ned.

#27276 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 30 May 2004 - 07:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn we're already in the early 20's conservatively. This war is going to rule.

#965 Nj Spring War:

Posted by Spoon on 28 January 2003 - 04:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea there was the girl pole dancing, the girl sun bathing on the picnic bench, the girl that Jon brought, and Jenny who actually kicked ass the entire war.

Vacc is right though, a 45 person war is just plain not fun. It's an experience certainly.....I'll have to agree with Cxwq that with the people around us and their maturity and skilly levels, and the area we play in generally, 14-20 people is absolutely perfect. I wouldn't want to be in a >20 person Nerf war again I don't think. I certainly wouldn't want to run one.

#1105 Nerf History

Posted by Spoon on 04 February 2003 - 08:39 PM in General Nerf

AFAIK my old site was the first to post mods online, it's impossible to know who first actually started DOING mods without posting them.

I think we're all treating Nerf and the supposed "Nerf Internet Community" a LOT more importantly than we probably should.....Seriously all, it's really not that big of a deal. If you find nerf fun great. If not, oh well.

#1279 Nerf History

Posted by Spoon on 11 February 2003 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

Hell yea for Ziggy Stardust, I've been listening to that album in my car non-stop for like a week.

#1322 Nerf History

Posted by Spoon on 12 February 2003 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

And I, on the other hand, am completely down with premarital sex.

Spoon's Official Ruling Concerning Sex: It's fun. If it gets boring, add another person. Fun is good.

#814 H2h In Nerf.

Posted by Spoon on 23 January 2003 - 02:37 AM in General Nerf

And you meant a "Nerf" Katana, right, Vacc?

No he meant "Katana" as in a "it will cut you in fucking half and was invented in Japan" sword.

#745 H2h In Nerf.

Posted by Spoon on 21 January 2003 - 01:17 AM in General Nerf

H2H would never work for us out here on the West coast. Not only would the majority of us (myself included) think it's stupid, but we also get a WIDE age and skill range playing in the same battle. If I, at 200 pounds and 20 years old, came at some 80 pound 13 year old with a huge PVC and foam sword......well it just wouldn't be fair. Though it WOULD be satisfying......

#24367 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2004 - 12:34 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea we'll need darts. I can bring probably 80-100 total and I can take care of guns for my whole crew.

Matt Reynolds is new and goes by Mateo. Kashuba is the hippie looking bandana guy and Jason was the Manta Ray/AT2K guy with the water backpack.

Prepare to be p1mpslapped.

#24365 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2004 - 12:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Ray: I am now bringing Matt Kashuba, Jason, and two newcomers, Matt Reynolds and Ivan (my roommate). Both are really cool. So now there's 5 with my group. Chapman Power will pw33n you! Ph33r!

#22579 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 27 March 2004 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Sunday the 18th is cool for me, I'll check with the rest of my crew.

Castle park is right next to a community center and if there are any other kids on the park at all (sometimes even if there isn't) we get kicked out. That happened a lot at the early LANOs.

#24045 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 12 April 2004 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea I've got flagging tape and all that crap, no worries.

As for June, yea I agree it would be better to wait. Steph gets back (I believe) like June 16, so if we could do it in late June that would be best since I'll be losing Matt and Jason since they'll be home for the summer.

#22434 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 26 March 2004 - 01:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Oy, this could be difficult guys....

I am out of the country the first and second weekends in April. I MAY have some time to scout next week but I leave next Friday so I don't know, I'm awfully busy these days.

I'll ask Matt, Jason, Hubbard and Jordan.

#23993 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 11 April 2004 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys I just got back from a week in London visiting Steph, and I have the flu. I'll try to be around more from now on seeing as how we're actually PLANNING stuff now!

5/15 is fine for me, and so far 5/8 and 5/22 would be ok also but those weekends may fill up as we get closer to them. I'm cool driving down to Oceanside, I'll ask my people here if they could do a 5/15 war. My guess is that I'd be bringing 2 others.

As for your war this Sunday the 18th Ray, Matt Kashuba said he'd come and I think I can make it. However I wouldn't be able to stay all day, I'd probably have to leave around 3 or 4pm as I'm going to have a shitload of work to do that day. I'll ask if Jason and Jordan (and anybody else) would be able to make it, but don't get your hopes up.

I've got plenty of extra guns but I have almost NO ammo, like 50 darts. I've got supplies to make maybe another 50 darts or so, but if your ammo works in our brass and PETG guns we may need to gank some off of you. Hmm, though I guess with 6 or so people that would be plenty.

So in short, May is open right now but that may change. I can reserve 5/15 for the war though if that's the date it'll happen. As of now I'm 75% sure about next Sunday (18th) with Kashuba at Ray's house.

#80075 I, For One, Welcome Our New Ass-kicking Overlords

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2006 - 12:32 AM in News

By the way, when did we decide to go with the whole blue motiff, I wasn't properly memoed.

I concur. This should have been decided upon during an Administrative Meeting. We should double-check with Legal.

>presses intercom<

Suzie, get me a coffee, double-cream no suger and get me a rimjob or I'll have YOUR job!

>releases intercom<

You just can't find good help these days....

#3631 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

Holy Shit.

I'm running to the store to pick up some more 17/32" brass today, I'm going to do the same mod, although I may experiment a bit with barrel and telescoping section lengths. I'd also like to do a breech loader. Kevin, do you think these guns will be TOO powerful for the YANOs? I mean most brass 5K's can't even do 120 feet flat.....

Gunned Down: The red barrel is just a piece that you can remove when you open the gun up (it's pretty easy to open up). Once the red piece is removed, the base of the white barrel, where it hits the compression chamber, is RIGHT on the front of the gun. Once you remove the red piece you can put the gun back together and do a complete barrel change mod without having to open it up again. Breech loaders shouldn't be as hard either since everything will be external of the gun casing. I can't wait, I'm modding mine today. Jordan and I are also scouting locations today Kevin, we'll take little video clips of any good ones to show you.

#3646 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

Vassilli: Yes.

Cxwq: I don't know about 150 feet but I'd be willing to bet that the velocities are a lot higher on a 5K, seeing as how the pressure is much higher. I'm actually suprised that these guns are firing this far. Still, we'll have to keep an eye next war on the Max Shot's and make sure they're ok.

Also, we need to be a bit tighter when it comes to eye protection at the war. Everyone had some when they got there, but some people would take them off some wars. I didn't even realize it at the time, but looking back I can remember several instances where people were going without eyewear for a battle or two. Not maliciously, they would just forget (just like I'd forget to say something). That shot I had on Cam (50 feet, thwacked DIRECTLY into his glasses from a brass 3K) only reinforces how vigilent we should be. Especially now since we'll be seeing QUITE a few 100ft+ guns next war. We also need to mention up front to attendees that it is NOT ok to purposefully aim for the head. It's not the vets I worry about, it's the kids.

#3594 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 17 April 2003 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Jordan and I will be going to TRU tonight to try and pick them up, although I was in TRU a week or so ago and don't remember seeing them....Our TRU sucks. I'm very eager to get my hands on these guns.

#3659 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 02:07 AM in Modifications

As far as I remember it HIT the wall with a more or less level shot (maybe 5 degrees or so), and went over it at an angle. I doubt that's 200 feet or so, although we never did find that second dart. I think from the tables to the wall is just about 100 feet, MAYBE 120. That or my vision is starting to go.....

#3608 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 18 April 2003 - 02:23 AM in Modifications

You're right, this gun IS the real shit. I now have a Max Shot and a First Shot (my TRU totally restocked all Nerf and X-Stream guns). I havn't modded either yet but I opened the MS up and inspected things for a good long while. Holy God, this thing is built like a tank. I mean you could hammer NAILS with the plunger. It has cap pieces to keep the springs from exploding everywhere upon opening. Everything is solid and reinforced. I mean this thing is engineered the way WE would want a gun engineered.

Cxwq: You're method is exactly what I was thinking, using the 17/32" brass piece as a connector between the white barrel and the 9/16". My only worry then is that the only way you'd be able to do a breech loader is by removing the barrel Ray-style and loading directly into the 17/32", which I don't like. I'm still holding out for a true breech loader. Still, I can't wait to see the mod results. Jordan is already eyeing this as his new main weapon and I can't blame him.

On a side note: I got Steph two AT2k's for her birthday (19, woo), so you can count on getting pelted by those this June.

#3689 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 01:18 AM in Modifications

You need to pry off the circular blue caps on each side near the rear (at the fulcrum of the handle), there are screws underneath both caps.

#3806 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 22 April 2003 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Yea Hubbard got that. I dunno, it seems ok....still a bit underpowered compared to the Max Shot.

#3922 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 24 April 2003 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Vassilli: Thats probably because you left a pretty small hole for the air to come out of. The TS's barrels are really thin, too thin I think to provide enough power for a brass barrel.

#3790 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 22 April 2003 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

The First Shot seems pretty underpowered, especially compared to it's bigger brother. I doubt it has the air capacity or power to fire megas very well. Perhaps micros in brass, since there'd be less mass to move and less friction, will have better results.

#3713 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 20 April 2003 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Excellent job, as always. My only worry is that the coupler will eventually be ripped off as you pull off the barrel. In my experience PVC couplers fit pretty tightly with their corresponding pipe size. Hot glue is shit for strength, so I guess it depends on how tight you fit the coupler on over the taped end. Still, I really like how you used the PVC to facilitate the removable barrel. I'm still holding out for a better breech loader however....

I also didn't choose to remove the gun's safety, as once the safety piece got stuck and the handle crashed into my head upon firing accidentally. It hurt. I havn't noticed any jamming problems with the piece so I'll leave it in.

Did you do much testing with different ratios of 9/16" to 17/32"? I wonder if 2" of constriction is optimal for this gun.

#3673 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

It'd be less shabby if you modded the gun with more effort. You're wasting about 4" of barrel length behind that crayola that's just decreasing the pressure of your shot.

#3665 X*stream Modification

Posted by Spoon on 19 April 2003 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

I dunno, I've always been a bit distrustful of those contractor wheel things....I think it's very easy to wobble a bit and NOT get a straight line thereby increasing the reported distance. Still, it's good for a relatively accurate estimate.