cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#326928 Airtech 2000 mod problems

Posted by cheyner on 17 February 2013 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Plug your pump better. Although your wording makes it seem like its not actually a problem at all.

#322764 Air Zone Triple Shot, Discontinued?

Posted by cheyner on 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

You went to the same store twice looking for something and didn't think to ask somebody that works there?
Maybe you should try that, then if they do still sell them they can order you one.

#315923 Air Tank Tube Connection

Posted by cheyner on 20 May 2012 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Another impressive post by MiG.

I will have to make use of this technique if I ever get around to finishing my double 4B.

McMaster will ship to Canada, at least they would to the company a buddy of mine used to work for, but that also might have something to do with it being an international company. I'm sure they would not ship to individuals in Canada.

#318035 Air Blaster (Rebel Trooper Blaster Knock-Off) Modification

Posted by cheyner on 05 July 2012 - 06:54 PM in Modifications

Good work, you will have to do something with the plunger rod though if you plan on adding any springs or rubber bands to it. It will snap like a twig otherwise. The spring from these are good for adding to other blasters, they will nest under most springs.
Have you shown your mother rotary pipe cutters? They are safer than most other kinds.

Also, you live where about 99% of the wars in Canada happen, you should click the link in my signature and join, at least half of the wars only get posted there.

#318147 Air Blaster (Rebel Trooper Blaster Knock-Off) Modification

Posted by cheyner on 07 July 2012 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

Gage, springs at Home Depot are in the same isle as the nuts and bolts, at least in Kingston they are. Canadian Tire will also have springs that should fit, same isle as the nuts and bolts as well. Home Hardware is useless for most things, and Rona is hit-or-miss. That pretty much covers the major Canadian hardware stores.
FYI, you and Curly live pretty close to each other (during the week), like biking distance close, take advantage of having another nerfer so close to you. It's rare in this province outside of Scarborough and Mississauga.

Edit: Curly, he joined CanNerf and posted a more precise location.

#308037 A pair of Sonic Bazooka mods

Posted by cheyner on 04 December 2011 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I like the coupler set up, but you really killed your ranges with those "smaller tubes".
Try it without the disks and smaller tubes, all you need is three barrels, and it's pretty easy to make sure your barrels do not go past that ridge.

But yeah, I like that coupler set up, should save a shit-ton of hot glue.

#274256 A Gift For The Milsim Lovers!

Posted by cheyner on 07 May 2010 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

I'm more concerned to learn from that page that we are slowly running out of rocks.

#320919 30 round Absolver/shotgun attachment

Posted by cheyner on 23 August 2012 - 06:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Princexbuster made a shotgun RSCB a few years ago, look for his commission thread to see his, I also know there is a video for it, but you will have to find both of those yourself.

This is what my version of it looks like:

Posted Image

#282322 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 06 August 2010 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

I found something else that will work, it is a shower diverter.
Posted ImagePosted Image
They are both $9 however.

An insanly simple idea just hit me while searching those photo's, I should have something shortly.

#282105 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 04 August 2010 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
*cough* $1.98 *cough*

Son of a bitch!, thats the exact peice I have been trying to find! And in plastic none the less. I can only find those guys in brass around here.
They have a bit more deadspace in them, but it will still get the job done.

#281535 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 28 July 2010 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

What is this adapter actually used for? I tried looking at work, but realized I have no idea what section to look in. Is it for use with air lines?

#281545 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by cheyner on 28 July 2010 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

You're making me feel less than helpful, bro!

Just showing the existance and usage of such a piece is more than enough help.
This seems like it should be used for many things, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt exclusive to one thing. It should be easy enough to find.
As soon as I can find the right fittings in my area, I should have a decent homemade version of this as well.

#327834 2013 New Releases Mod Contest

Posted by cheyner on 09 March 2013 - 02:56 PM in News

Excuse the stupid question, but for the factor of release dates, are there any regional considerations? For example, the Stockade has been released overseas pre-2013, but has yet to be officially released in the US.

Considering the number of modders across the Pacific in particular, I thought some clarification might be helpful.

Not just overseas, we have had them in Canada since at least Christmas.

#315615 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by cheyner on 12 May 2012 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: June
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22573&pid=315613&st=0&#entry315613]23rd [Ont] K.I.N.G.[/url]

#281178 ...

Posted by cheyner on 24 July 2010 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

I say use a plastic welder or even a soldering iron and melt the two ends together. Thats the only thing that I've found you can do when glues wont work.

When people use the term plastic or solvent weld, it doesn't mean using a deice to literally melt/weld the plastic pieces together through heat....

Solvent welding uses a solvent (chemical) to dissolve the surface of the plastic and re-harden the two pieces into one piece.

And when he says plastic welder, or soldering iron, he means literally melting/welding the plastic pieces together through heat.
Did you see the word "solvent" anywhere in his post?

Heating the ends with something is most likely going to be your only option. The tricky part will be making sure you dont push to much together, making the priming rod curve.
I do not have one here in front of me, but you should be able to use a small ringed finishing nail to strengthen the joint, like you did with the catch.