Zack the Mack's Content

There have been 313 items by Zack the Mack (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#259520 Mcmaster-carr Parts List

Posted by Zack the Mack on 21 December 2009 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

Some of these parts are used for specific purposes. It might be a good idea to put a short list of some potential uses of each item, or this page will become as cluttered as the actual McMaster site.

#252399 Maverick Stalk And Other Varoius Things

Posted by Zack the Mack on 02 October 2009 - 04:48 PM in Off Topic

After much staring and contemplating a mod I built a stalk using a plastic walmart shotgun stalk and a bolt for my maverick it came in quite useful, My first question is has any one done something similar to this? (I have seen a couple pvc stalks but nothing I personaly would want to put my wait on)

Secondly I aquired a nerf target tech pistol at Goodwill but I am at a loss to what darts it takes?

Thank you for reading (and hopefully comenting).

Happy first post! By bolt, I assume you mean literal bolt stuck through the cocking tab because your slide broke. And you're talking about a STOCK!

You probably have the first-gen TTG which uses Megas. They're discontinued and tough to find nowadays, but that wide barrel means you can replace the barrel without needing to open the blaster.

#263413 Massacre 5

Posted by Zack the Mack on 27 January 2010 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I've got some friends who want to make a road trip out of it, but we'll need til the 20th to get ready. When will the date be finalized?

#287185 Marval Nyc Nerf Team

Posted by Zack the Mack on 19 October 2010 - 03:54 PM in Nerf Wars

The "join" form on your site doesn't work.

#276174 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by Zack the Mack on 27 May 2010 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

Nice mod! These things look really promising - semi-auto and awesome aesthetics. I'm really digging the fishing-pole pump handle.

Just curious, how many pumps does it take to fill this thing?

#248771 Make A Scout-crossfire!

Posted by Zack the Mack on 27 August 2009 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

Nice work. It seems that reloading would get a little tricky though.

The new slide doesn't get in the way of the barrel at all. It's no more difficult to load and cock than a stock Crossfire.

#248765 Make A Scout-crossfire!

Posted by Zack the Mack on 27 August 2009 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

Got a Scout, a Crossfire, a Dremel, and 10 minutes? Then you've got all you need to make a Scout-Crossfire!

Just use the Dremel to extend the track on the bottom of the Scout's slide and it'll fit in place of the Crossfire's slide. Reinforce the posts that hold the metal cross-rod with a little epoxy putty, screw that shit on, and you have one bad-ass springer. And, since the slide now has a ring on it, you can dual-wield them!

Posted Image

If the enemy's close enough to notice the awesomeness of your new blaster, you'll probably be able to hit them. Possibly. It's still a Crossfire, after all.

#245812 Ls Plunger Tube?

Posted by Zack the Mack on 06 August 2009 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

Epoxy putty. A LOT of epoxy putty.

#260760 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Zack the Mack on 05 January 2010 - 12:55 PM in General Nerf

Don't think about it, saw that shit open, baby!

At least give us a pic of the butt of the blaster when it's cocked, so we can see that skin-chafing, recall-inducing inverted plunger tube.

#241713 Longshot Carbine With Custom Cosmetics, Total Reinforcement

Posted by Zack the Mack on 13 July 2009 - 11:02 AM in Modifications

With some internal mods, this could be the best longshot since...

Thanks a lot, that's a hell of a compliment! Let me deal with the suggestions...

• Angel breech

Like I said in the first part of the write-up, an Angel Breech is way beyond my abilities and I don't feel the need to pay for someone else to do it. Maybe in the future...

• 2K integration into the LSFG segment

I couldn't integrate a Secret Strike, let alone an AT2K. The front piece is about a 2" cube, and part of that holds the reinforcements for the dart-tooth screw I hacked off. I already have six shots on tap, so why bother with another gun?

• better system of priming (ice's keyring thing?)

I absolutely need to replace the cocking handle. The two springs are so forceful, I can barely prime the blaster, and the lack of front barrel makes a shotgun handle impossible. I'm drawing up plans for a rear handle, but this project is backburner-ed at this point.

• paint

Absolutely, this is just begging for a nice paint job. However, my painting skillz are horrible, and I don't want to risk ruining such a sweet blaster! Maybe in the future.

• put the goddamn stock on, it looks so much better, and if you leave it collapsed with the bottom cut off, it doesn't take up much room

I originally customized the stock and put it on, but ended up removing it. I like firing blasters from arm's length, which makes the stock just get in the way. When it's folded up, I can barely even grab the gun.

So thanks for the suggestions - in time, you might even get shot by them!

#241629 Longshot Carbine With Custom Cosmetics, Total Reinforcement

Posted by Zack the Mack on 12 July 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I put the Longshot back together after finishing the last bit of the write-up, but the performance was awful. The magazines and mechanism jammed, the plunger released itself, ranges were horrible (40's) and the NiteFinder spring rattled around.

After some perusal of NerfHaven, an hour on #nerfchat, and some intense soul-searching, I figured out what the problems were. First off, I forgot to reinstall the clip-tooth and some other plastic diddly. Second, some of the reinforcements were unnecessary and causing friction, so I replaced them with stock parts. I also replaced the NiteFinder spring with a Big Bad Bow spring to stop the jangling, and put a fatter spring on the plunger retainer. Finally, the part of the dart-tooth retaining screw I hacked off was causing the dart-tooth to jiggle around, so I repaired the area with FastSteel.

I put 'er back together again, prayed, tugged back the handle, and pulled the trigger. The Stefan chambered perfectly and exploded from the barrel, sailed through the air, and tunneled half an inch into some exposed insulation foam. Success!

Posted Image

Here's the view from the front. Peep the plastic panels on the front and bottom.

Posted Image

And the view from the back! Take a look at the NiteFinder emblem on top.

Posted Image

The priming handle needs some serious effort to pull back, and left this pressure blister after only 20 or so test fires. I added some thick grip tape to help, but this blaster can't be used for an entire war without some gloves.

Final ranges are between 50 and 75 feet. Accuracy is pretty bad. Reload time is very short to decent, depending on how beefy your right bicep is. Aesthetics are orgasmic.

Future work will include adding a brass barrel and possibly an Angel Breech and paint job. This blaster will be used as a secondary in outdoor wars, and a primary in indoor wars and close-quarters games.

#241221 Longshot Carbine With Custom Cosmetics, Total Reinforcement

Posted by Zack the Mack on 10 July 2009 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Originally, I wasn't planning on reinforcing the bolt sled joint. However, after hearing so many horror stories about how they snapped on the first shot, I decided to give the sled the TantumBull treatment. I put an extra bend in the wire so the stress won't be concentrated on a corner.

Posted Image

While that was cooking, I made some shell additions to cover up the holes my minimization left all over the place. The first part was the gaping hole at the bottom. This is an important area to cover up because a prong on the dart-tooth protrudes here. I cut a piece off the Longshot's front gun...

Posted Image

...tweaked it to fit more tightly...

Posted Image

...and epoxied it into place. It's not big or sturdy enough to grab, but it neatly covers the hole and protects the dart-tooth.

Posted Image

To cover the massive opening at the front of the blaster, I cut a new front panel out of a Longshot clip. Calm your raging hearts - it was mangled by a friend when he tried to make a double clip.

Posted Image

This left a little hole at the top, so I cut another scrap of clip.

Posted Image

The only hole left was a nice, round one where the N-Strike rail used to be. I needed something nice and round to cover it. As chance would have it, I had half a discarded Nite Finder shell and a hole saw just sitting there in front of me. How convenient. The emblem is actually surprisingly hard to get out - it's got a lot of structural crap on the back.

Posted Image

I carefully split the front pieces and the NiteFinder emblem so I could open the gun as normal. This made me really wish I had a band saw.

Posted Image

A little more epoxy, and the blaster had no open holes that gunk could slip into. I wish I could say the same about your mom.

Posted Image

The epoxy fumes eventually overwhelmed me and I slipped into a hallucinogenic trance. After having a curling match with a very kind walrus, I woke up to discover that I had invented the ZtM Anti-Collapsing Adjustable Buttstock...

Posted Image

...and the ZtM EZ-Remove Single Cocking Handle. If I didn't really invent these, I'm sorry for not giving you credit. I did a search, and as far as I can tell, neither one has been done before. They'll get individual, separate write-ups unless someone has already beat me to the punch.

TO CHECK OUT THE FINISHED PRODUCT, CONTINUE TO POST 13!

Questions:
Q: WTF does Sholef mean? A: 'Gunslinger' in Hebrew. It's named after an IDF concept tank. Say Show-LEFF.

#241222 Longshot Carbine With Custom Cosmetics, Total Reinforcement

Posted by Zack the Mack on 10 July 2009 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the clear walk-through on reinforcing the tender bits. If I could, could you take shots of the three parts from different angles? I'm especially interested in how you braced the (infamous) bolt sled.

You're welcome! Check post #9 for the bolt-sled reinforcement. I might do a dedicated LS reinforcement thread if my mods work and the admins give me the thumbs-up.

EDIT: God dammit, I thought these were threaded posts, didn't mean to double-post. Admin, delete this post plox.

#240791 Longshot Carbine With Custom Cosmetics, Total Reinforcement

Posted by Zack the Mack on 08 July 2009 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

Howdy, NerfHaven faithful! For my first post EVAR, I'm going to cover Sholef, the amped-up, cut-down Longshot CS-6 that I'm putting together for the mod contest and Apoc as a concept piece. Since JLego turned me on to Nerf a couple of weeks ago, I've been modding nonstop. Now that I've finally become validated (Thanks, VACC!) I'm a-gonna give you a little sneak peek into the creation of my newest blaster.

I love the Longshot. The solid cocking, the nice 'whump!' as it fires a Streamline, the clip, it's all just fun. However, it's huge and unwieldy. After getting inspired by FenixHarth's carbine mod, I decided to make one. For now, it'll be used for short ranges and indoors. Later, I'll probably add an Angel Breech to convert it to long-range.

TL;DR - I'm cutting down a Longshot. Here are some pictures.

Posted Image

The first step is cutting down the Longshot to make the carbine shell. Diamondback suggested in #nerfchat that I use a band saw. That probably would have been a good idea - I sliced off half of the dart-tooth retaining screw. Oops.

Posted Image

This is an exploded view of the pieces I cut off.

Posted Image

And here's the final product. Bust out a magnifying glass and peep the mangled peg at the bottom.

Posted Image

Then it was time to beat the crap out of the restrictor. O'Bob on #nerfchat suggested I use a pipe cutter, but I decided to stick with the classic drill. Drilling actually wasn't as hard as I'd thought. I just went in through the back of the tank, weakened the three posts with a Dremel, and finished the job with a flathead.

Posted Image

To get rid of the peg, I carefully inserted the flathead into the barrel and CAREFULLY tapped it with a hammer.

Posted Image

Here's all the restrictor crap. The peg mysteriously went missing.

Posted Image

Now the fun part - epoxy! I reinforced every load-bearing piece with plenty of steel-reinforced epoxy putty. The plunger got four brass rods, steel putty, AND epoxy. You can see the empty tube of FastSteel in the upper-left.

TO READ THE REST OF THE MOD, CONTINUE TO POST #9!

EDIT 1: Corrected overly harsh language when referring to another member.
EDIT 2: Added second part of writeup.
EDIT 3: Corrected citing Shorty for carbine mod - actually was FenixHarth.
EDIT 4: Name and description edited to comply with Talio's mod naming rules.

#260176 Longshot Assistance Needed

Posted by Zack the Mack on 30 December 2009 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

Well, the accuracy and range problems are most likely caused by poor dart-barrel fit. What types of darts are you using, and did you mod the breech or barrel?

Another option is the breech not aligning with the barrel when it's closed. Perhaps your bolt sled wasn't properly placed on its track when you reassembled the blaster. You might also need to lubricate the bolt sled with plenty of silicone grease. Try removing the jam door and watching the mechanism in action to see if it's not closing properly.

What mods did you do on the LS, anyway?

#252858 Long Island Nerf War Ny

Posted by Zack the Mack on 07 October 2009 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to bump.

I'll be there with up to 4 friends from Stevens. This war is ON.

#252659 Long Island Nerf War Ny

Posted by Zack the Mack on 05 October 2009 - 10:28 AM in Nerf Wars

This is actually conveniently close to me. If attendance picks up and I finish my primary in time, I'll show.

I'm definite and possibly bringing a friend or two.
I'm looking for tubing splices and tees that I can use to make a Marvelous Salvo, so bring 'em if you got 'em.

#253448 Long Island Nerf War Ny

Posted by Zack the Mack on 13 October 2009 - 09:18 AM in Nerf Wars

FADDLE BATTLE!

Yeah, only four people showed up, but this was the most extreme four-man war of all time. The venue was awesome - it has a few trailers for Gauntlet-like urban action, a big playground for close-combat play, and a little grove of trees in front for classic stop-n-pop action. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Highlights:
- PRINCE CASPIAN WRIST CROSSBOW redux!
- Non-NIC Twitch demolishing us all with his rush of doom
- Inventing a new game and winning by a hair
- Crazy free-for-all
- Chasing after a kid on a bike for "stealing" "Faddle's" Raider
- Non-NIC Twitch blowing the barrel out of my LpL... and still hitting me
- DX's scary-good tactics and Maximizer skillz
- Seeing how shitty a Vulcan really is
- FADDLE BATTLE!
- Quick-draw with non-NIC Twitch
- Faddle being impossible to hit
- Getting a PRINCE CASPIAN WRIST CROSSBOW and broken SMDTG
- +Bow and LpL kicking major ass. Wipeouts not so much.
- 2-mile walk from the train station, through Stony Brook and a golf course
- Faddle really did bring donuts

#256641 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by Zack the Mack on 17 November 2009 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Zack the Mack and Faddle cordially invite all red-blooded, able-bodied Nerfers to beautiful Long Island, NY to kick ass and take names in the second LINO, Faddle Battle 2! Direct all logistics questions (How to get there, times, etc) to Faddle, not me!

WHERE: Minnesauke Elementary School, 21 High Gate Drive, East Setauket NY 11733. Public transportation via LIRR is available.

WHEN: Saturday, December 5th, 9:30-5:15. War will be held regardless of weather conditions.

WHAT: 3:15 and variants, Count-Up, The Shoe Game, Zombies (Maybe), Aggro Crag, Defend the Core (Possibly), Free Donuts (Definitely)

WHO:
- Zack the Mack (+4 Maybe)
- Faddle
- Compound (From FoamUniverse, Maybe)

Posted Image

Urban Storm: Tight, pulse-pounding close-quarters battle between trailers. Narrow corridors keep you on edge, and an enemy ambush could lurk behind every corner. Perfect for team-based and objective games.

Castle Thunder: A playground with plenty of tactical cover, opposed by a tall jungle gym with numerous points of entry. Dart between cover to storm your enemy from the front, or sneak in through the sides. Classic Aggro Crag action and tactical deathmatches.

Havoc Grove: A run-and-gun master's heaven. Slip through the dense cover of the grove, or storm the enemy in the open area. Either way, expect an onslaught from all angles. The ultimate multi-team or every-man-for-himself arena, or a strategic challenge for teams.

The arenas are compact and favor smart, agile play. There's rarely enough distance to allow for standoffs, and plenty of cover so agile players can break them up!

Important Information:
- Eye protection is mandatory. We'll have extra goggles.
- This is a school. No camo, no realistic blasters.
- You're responsible for your own ammo.
- I will be selling Stefans at $30 for 100. They're a bit tight in CPVC, a bit loose in thinwall PETG, and perfect in 17/32 brass and stock barrels.
- Faddle and I will have blasters and supplies for sale.
- There aren't many restaurants in the area. BYO munchies.
- Most battles will be close-quarters. 100+ ft shooters are discouraged. No singled Titans or other unsafe blasters allowed.
- Transportation between the Stony Brook LIRR station, the ferry, and the war is available. Post for more details.

#257894 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by Zack the Mack on 03 December 2009 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: According to Faddle, the date is set in stone. If you can't make it, we'll see you at the next LINO.

#249818 Lino Part Of The Nic Community Get Together

Posted by Zack the Mack on 07 September 2009 - 09:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh shit, it's Faddle!
I could do this... but what day is the war held?

#263119 Lack Of Creativity

Posted by Zack the Mack on 25 January 2010 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

1. Dude, it's January. It's cold as hell outside. This isn't Nerfing season. This is like asking why we haven't seen great MLB plays lately.

2. The supply of new, solid blasters has dried up. The reason there are so many AT2K's and 3K's is that they're still, albeit rarely, available and get good performance.

While you're at it, why not post a few links to blasters you feel are really creative?

#243790 Jspb-aliendb1

Posted by Zack the Mack on 25 July 2009 - 03:03 AM in Homemades

Holy hell. That's hellaciously clean, and an awesome design. Does the ball valve make a good trigger?

And on top of that, the photography's GREAT!

#357427 JSPB C5 Sight is Badass

Posted by Zack the Mack on 04 January 2017 - 03:00 AM in General Nerf

is that a dart counter on the Rapidstrike?

For reference, I've posted the STL file for that display bracket in this thread.

#357406 JSPB C5 Sight is Badass

Posted by Zack the Mack on 03 January 2017 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

I've never seen anyone post about the awesome sight that 3DBBQ designed for the C5 Launcher. It snaps onto N-Strike rails and looks cool as hell.

You can buy the STL file from the JSPB site for two bucks and print it on your own machine.

2017-01-03 13.11.14 scaled.jpg

2017-01-03 13.11.23 scaled.jpg

IMG_20170102_192325 scaled.jpg

#357412 JSPB C5 Sight is Badass

Posted by Zack the Mack on 03 January 2017 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

All of his stuff is lit as hell. Would think that they're a little tall and awkward for our purposes though. 

I mean, it's not like we actually USE our optics...

#280044 Jsno - Jersey Shore Nerf Out

Posted by Zack the Mack on 12 July 2010 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm heading up to UMD for Dart of War directly after JSNO.
I have room for a few people, if anyone wants to split gas money.
The guy I'm staying with at UMD has room for a couple more, so if you want a ride, get in touch.

#280968 Jsno - Jersey Shore Nerf Out

Posted by Zack the Mack on 22 July 2010 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Defend the Playground was Effeminate.

What's up with the Effeminate? Is there a new word filter I don't know about?

Also, Numa (and anyone else who took video), can you try to get me the original files of any video footage you took at the war? I'd like to make a montage.

#280676 Jsno - Jersey Shore Nerf Out

Posted by Zack the Mack on 19 July 2010 - 09:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn, what a weekend. As soon as this war was over, I hit the road and drove to Maryland for UMD's Dart of War. It was really interesting, going from an outdoor NIC war to an indoor HvZ-style war. LT did a pretty good job getting this organized, and we had a great continuum of Nerfers.

This was the first war I've been to that heavily featured hoppers, and they're already getting old.

Highlights!
- The Iron Man Super Soaker getting a hopper and raping face. Perhaps too much face. I might put one of Tantum's homemade OPRV's to tone down the power.
- Lucian insisting on having showdowns with me each game, and getting his ass kicked each time!
- Attack and Defend, with attackers using stock darts. It was actually well-balanced. Stock darts in drums work surprisingly well!
- Finally seeing Lucian's "improvements" to my L+L. It's so ostentatious. I love it!
- Lots of CtF! 10-year-old Asian ninjas kept sneaking through our defenses!
- Homa-sexual wimping out
- Traded away the Batman Belt Blaster, which people at the war could actually wear!
- Ace's AUG HBAR SNAP
- Switching teams partway through an Attack and Defend
- Getting a gnarly thumb blister, and repairing the damage with Band-Aids and e-tape
- SUPER HOT! I drank almost a gallon of water. Lucy's dad dumped the rest on his head.
- Not a single gun breakage
- Thanks for using Slug darts, people. I only got two welts, and they were from the only person using slingshot darts.
- Skipping darts across the water!

#253347 Inline Clip Or Rscb

Posted by Zack the Mack on 12 October 2009 - 10:14 AM in General Nerf

I've been using a Signal Launcher with various RSCB's since I started modding, so this is right up my alley!

I find that a 14" clip is a good size. If you're using a ball valve, mount it sideways so the handle faces your non-dominant hand and you can sight down the barrel.

Also, use a longer piece of PVC to connect the tee and elbow so they're about 1/4" apart. Cut a 1/2" ring off a coupler and cut it in half, then epoxy it to one of the gray missile clips. Snap the coupler onto your RSCB, and install. Your RSCB is now supported in two places without being permanent!

I'm doing some work on my own SGSL today, so I'll post some pics and delete this line tonight.

#261054 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by Zack the Mack on 07 January 2010 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

Any blaster powerful enough to schnipe hurts at close-range, and Nerfers hate pain. I mean HATE, not strongly dislike or averted to. Nerfers hate pain like cats hate to be thrown in washing machines.

#357176 Hyperfire Mods

Posted by Zack the Mack on 16 December 2016 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

The Hyperfire hasn't been very popular with modders because its belt-drive pusher is unreliable. There isn't as much documentation about it.

Any flywheel, cage, or motor that fits in a Stryfe or Rapidstrike will fit the Hyperfire.

Follow modding best practices, use thick heatproof wires, use high current switches, etc.

The Hyperfire is especially exciting for electronics mods because it has large open pockets of dead space in the front and back.

#357182 Hyperfire Mods

Posted by Zack the Mack on 16 December 2016 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

The flywheel cage for the Hyperfire is VERY different from the Stryfe or Rapidstrike. It has a canted cage, which whirlybirds darts if you run anything more than Honeybadger and 2S lipo in it.

Totally right. I was referring to the notes I made for the Rapidstrike and they were mistaken.

From my research, the flywheels and motors are the same size as those in the Rapidstrike and Stryfe, but yeah, many aftermarket flywheels will probably misalign in a stock Hyperfire cage.

#357218 Hyperfire Battery Question

Posted by Zack the Mack on 18 December 2016 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

You could consider a 2S LiPo. It outputs an average 7.4V and should fit in the battery tray. 

#281988 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by Zack the Mack on 03 August 2010 - 04:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

How does it feed darts if gravity isn't pushing them down the hopper?
EDIT: Posted before Chops added more details. The recoil knocks the next dart in.

I'm interested in seeing how this performs in a pumped airgun, where the 'recoil' isn't as strong. I'll test it out.

#280203 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by Zack the Mack on 14 July 2010 - 09:30 AM in General Nerf

My friends at UMD and Goucher (they invented HvZ) tell me that your best bet is to avoid combat as much as you can. Remember Rule 17: Don't be a hero.

But if you really need to go down guns blazing, you won't do better than a stock Longshot with a Raider drum. Don't single a Berserker for HvZ, you'll kill someone.

EDIT: Padding your plunger head or using an airgun will keep your squad quiet in night missions.

#286686 How To Make A Nitemav/mavfinder That Actually Works

Posted by Zack the Mack on 08 October 2010 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

I saw the original non-clear NiteMav set at UMD Dart of War, and it's an excellent mod. Really well-done. I'm amazed that the NiteFinder piece doesn't snap off when you pull back the plunger rod.

On an illumination note, might I recommend some electroluminescent wire?

#289171 How Do You Do This?

Posted by Zack the Mack on 27 November 2010 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

1. Glue a 1/2" PVC cross on your NF plunger tube as if it were a normal coupler.
2. Use epoxy putty to plug up two equal-length 1/2" PVC segments for bow arms.
3. Goop or cement the bow arms onto the cross.
4. Add string.
5. Cut a 3/4" or so segment of 1/2" PVC. Shove a 3" length of 1/2" CPVC into the PVC so about 1-1/2" protrudes from the end.
6. Goop or cement the PVC into the cross.

QED

#249304 How Do Semi-auto Air Blasters Work?

Posted by Zack the Mack on 01 September 2009 - 10:35 AM in General Nerf

I've pulled apart a Hornet and the thing makes no sense. The blast chambers don't have a mechanism to release the air, the blast buttons seem to actually release pressure, and I don't have any idea what the hell the piston thing does. I believe the Big Salvo and Spider-Man Dart Tag Guns use similar principles.

If any mechanically-minded Nerfer has determined how the blast chambers, piston thingy, and blast button function, please enlighten us!

#354175 Hornet

Posted by Zack the Mack on 13 June 2016 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

I wanna Crack it open and figure out why the chamber indicator doesn't work properly.

It's connected to the trigger with a ratchet mechanism. The spring in that ratchet mechanism can fall out of position and ruin the feature.

I'm also working on a titan integration to either a spectre or to use a vagabond shell and then the pump handle to pump the titan.

Hornet tanks are great for integrations. Be careful about attaching the Hornet's pump to a Titan tank - its overpressure release valve is set to a way higher pressure than the Titan pump. It'll create a dangerous blaster that you should never aim at people.