Alexthebeast's Content

There have been 641 items by Alexthebeast (Search limited from 12-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34641 Bow Down

Posted by Alexthebeast on 20 August 2004 - 05:40 PM in Homemades

Sure. henceforth, the Turnstile valve will be valve a, and ball will be valve b.

I pump up the gun, valve a is open.

I close valve a. Both chamber's pressures are equal. The space between a and b is the shot charge. The space between a and the stem is the tank.

I shoot, (opening valve b)using the initial pressure (75 PSI), and the shot charge is emptied.

I close b

I open a, releasing the 75 psi from the tank into the shot chamber, the overall PSI goes down, and equalizes in the 2 tanks.

I close a.

Repeat untill empty.

On last shot (usually 9 on this particular gun.), open a, leave it open, then fire with B, this will expend what is left of the tank, and jump the range a bit.

The bigger the tank and smaller shot chamber, the more shots you will get out of the Wraith system. However, the longer the shotchamber, the longer the shot will be.

Next week, I'm putting a M&M barrel on it.

#34639 Big Salvo

Posted by Alexthebeast on 20 August 2004 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

Yeah if my mom will let me swipe her camera I will. Did you mod it at least? I'm getting one tonight.

#34608 Homemade Flash Bang Grenade

Posted by Alexthebeast on 20 August 2004 - 12:56 PM in Homemades

Those firework strobes are extremely effective...I mean extremely. I was playing and someone threw one into the street, and all of a sudden I was blinded and could only see someone for a second before they moved behind that flash again.

That was me ^_^

Strobelights work in smaller areas where the flash can reach everywhere, or else is really just doesn't effect anything.

Now this was a huge letdown. The other day we were having a night war at myhouse, and we set up the strobe in the corner of my yard and it didn't even affect those who were right next to it. Lesson learned, strobes are for indoor use only.

#34607 R.s.c.b Barrel Modded Bazooka

Posted by Alexthebeast on 20 August 2004 - 12:52 PM in Homemades

Trust me, When I get my grubby mitts on one, If you don't, Hunter, I will put a 3k in there. And it Will look good. In the meantime, a 1.5k Turret is exactly 2.5" across, so if you just want the turn it youself barrels, use that, because it should fit in there perfectly.

#34605 Bow Down

Posted by Alexthebeast on 20 August 2004 - 12:41 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's funny, I wasn't even going for supirioir range, acuracy, and RoF, all I wanted was comfort in a homemade. But alas, I got them all. My ony regret is because of the huge shot charge, I only get off 9 shots a tank as iopposed to the origanal Wraith's 27.

EDIT: yeah the barrel looks crooked, but it just wasn't in there tight. I use the ball valve as a coupler.

#34584 Bow Down

Posted by Alexthebeast on 20 August 2004 - 12:00 AM in Homemades

Yes that is clear PVC, available at USPlastic. It looks great I can wait to unleash it all on you. I really wasnt going for range or supremecy, all I wanted was comfort with a nice RoF. Alsas though, this thing gets insane range, awsome RoF, and it the best thing I've held next to a virgin Xbow.

#34583 Nerfcenter

Posted by Alexthebeast on 19 August 2004 - 11:58 PM in General Nerf

Andy, thanks so much for bringing these back. Especially considering you are updating reviews. Those really helped a shitload before I modded guns. And after even. One question though, is the same old TeamNC gonna review the guns, or just you, or do you have a new team set up?

#34578 Funny Names

Posted by Alexthebeast on 19 August 2004 - 11:37 PM in Off Topic

ON a side note: Back when I was on the GN team i tried hard as hell, I just didnt have anybody weith me. i quit over 2 months ago, and I don't think Sparksa as even noticed yet. Another side note: Hurley has nothing to do with GN.

#34570 Bow Down

Posted by Alexthebeast on 19 August 2004 - 11:10 PM in Homemades

It's done. Bow down. Pics will be up tomorrow after my camera charges, but here is a teaser for the p91, my adaption of the p90. It gets 9 ten shots off via wraith system before repumping. The shots in desending order before reaload are appx:

1. 150-160
2. 145-150
3. 135-140
4. 125-130
5. 135-125
6. 90-100
7. 70-85
8. 55-60
9. 90-100 ( I release the both valve [the whole tank] on this shot)

Here's a teaser pic from early development:

Posted Image

#34416 Youth Nexus

Posted by Alexthebeast on 19 August 2004 - 09:57 AM in Off Topic

Sorry, that was the old link http://www.youthnexu...orums/index.php?

#34394 Youth Nexus

Posted by Alexthebeast on 19 August 2004 - 01:43 AM in Off Topic

www.youthnexus.com

It's a friends forum, I said I'd promote it for him. So im posting links up to shit. Just leave me some feedback here on what you think, or sign up and leave it there. We're trying to get a huge userbase for Quan.

#34388 Ebay

Posted by Alexthebeast on 19 August 2004 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

Or just one guy.

#34381 Big Salvo

Posted by Alexthebeast on 18 August 2004 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

He beat me to it <_<

#34378 Big Salvo

Posted by Alexthebeast on 18 August 2004 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

After i Finish modding mine, I'll put up a pic of the new color scheme.

#34371 N-strike... Does Anyone Else Feel...ripped Off?

Posted by Alexthebeast on 18 August 2004 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

YEsm the rail is on either side. But the left is So much cooler. See, I think having that mounted the way it is is retarded. Everyone know if you fire a LnL thug style, it has awful acturacy. It shoots way up. I mean WAY up.

#34309 People Taken To Jail And Guns Confiscated For Nerf

Posted by Alexthebeast on 18 August 2004 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Yeah seriously, I think the real problem here is that he STOLE my avatar! :angry:

At first glance, I thougfht it was you.

#34247 Big Salvo

Posted by Alexthebeast on 18 August 2004 - 01:38 AM in Modifications

You don't....Know what a MS is?

#34236 Big Salvo

Posted by Alexthebeast on 17 August 2004 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

Went to miewjer today, and only had enough on me for one gun. It was BS or MS. I took a MS, and will get a BS on thursday. The thing looks fucking sick, like a sm15000 arrow shooter.

#34171 Happy B-day

Posted by Alexthebeast on 17 August 2004 - 09:54 AM in Off Topic

Thats so Ironic Hurst and Vacc have the same birtday. I just have this mental image of them in their birthday suits giving a high five. ::shudder::

#34155 Problem With N-strike?

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

Quick story:

A few years back, a couple friends and I were messing around with some Estes Air Rockets. These things would go several hundred feet, vertically. They had the same system, that prevented them from being fired horizontally. A friend was pumping it once, and his foot hit the release. It came up, popped him in the face, and broke his nose.

Imagine what that could to to somebody, fired straight. Or imagine it at your TV.

Werent those solid plastic though? Not a hollow coushin of foam backed by cushy foam. Cushy.

#34154 Gone Too Long

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 11:14 PM in General Nerf

Just get on AIM and I'll shed you the details, and a mapquest. I just want to tell you as soon as possible seeing as MATEY is on sunday.

#34146 Ebay

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 09:34 PM in Off Topic

The high bidder had 0 feedback, they aren't paying.

#34143 Gunkata

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 09:19 PM in Off Topic

I'v actually heard one NJer (forget who) Whs doing some pretty crazy gunjata at a previous APOC.

#34142 Matey

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

We WILL have a CTF though, we have the perfect area, that is relatively small spotted out. One team will have the playset and the other a pavilion.

#34099 Sunday Foxtrot

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 01:46 PM in General Nerf

He might have thought "Oh, god, on this bomb, the wires arent even color coded! shit!"

#34084 < This Isn't Lighting Up...

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 11:36 AM in Off Topic

I think he's talking about the button that lights up if a post is new. Are you logged in?

#34067 Need Homemade Gun Help

Posted by Alexthebeast on 16 August 2004 - 03:00 AM in Homemades

Hand drawn goodness. I cant wait to see how this goes. Here's a question/advisory. On the sc00t(CS lingo), will you go and buy a stock or heatmold PVC to it? Because the PVC as a stock could double as a huge tank.The only major flaw I see, is, no matter which of the above ways you go, it will be impossible to Fit that all into a stock, unless you feel like gutting solid wood/abs.

#34059 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Alexthebeast on 15 August 2004 - 11:56 PM in Site Feedback

Have I said I feel wanted? All I've said, is that in lighjt of changes in the last year, I prefer the administration here to NHQ, due to leneancy issues. If you want me to leave, just say the word. It just seemed to me the forum has gone downhill, and it's a sad thing really. Would it make you feel better if I constanly critizse NH over on NHQ? Yes I have the highest post cunt over there, But who gives a shit? In two years, thats like a couple posts a day. I don't have a big dick because I have more posts than you. And You know what? I am a contributing member. I help people out when they ask me questions, I talk and give lots of Ideas when applicable. Other than you Grinch, I don't think anybody that has even earned a drop of my respect hates me.

And with Cx's wish, I am done.

#34053 Need A Soud File

Posted by Alexthebeast on 15 August 2004 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

I was messing with some skinning for CS and I got this awsome knife skin, giving me a troutslap :D The problem is, the skin didnt come with sounds. Does anybody have a trouslap sound in WAV format for me?

#33997 Who Are All These Visiters?

Posted by Alexthebeast on 14 August 2004 - 11:45 PM in Off Topic

Haha. I usually just log in when i feel like posting because my cookies are fucked up.

#33996 Gone Too Long

Posted by Alexthebeast on 14 August 2004 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

Cobs, were having a war on the 23rd. IM me for details.

#33936 Newbie Newbie?

Posted by Alexthebeast on 13 August 2004 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Holy wows, Evan made it! Glad you got off your ass and posted. This is latest member of our clan. We met him at a Halo tourny,. I've know him for like 4 days, and he still fits in with the group perfectly. He is getting a NF and already has a Wraith-esk homemade. He has nerfed every day this week too. :huh:

#33875 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Alexthebeast on 12 August 2004 - 11:35 PM in Site Feedback

The Manboy has a point.

#33874 Can Anybody Say Clearance?

Posted by Alexthebeast on 12 August 2004 - 11:34 PM in General Nerf

Are you kidding? This is kickass. I'm going in there and picking up their whole inventory of nerf shit for $5 :P

#33856 Can Anybody Say Clearance?

Posted by Alexthebeast on 12 August 2004 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

http://news.yahoo.co...smayselltoyunit

TRU brinks Chapter 11

#33854 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Alexthebeast on 12 August 2004 - 09:12 PM in Site Feedback

And their infinite fucking patience for jerkoffs like you who think they're superior because they registered 2 years ago but still act as bad as any n00b we've had.

You're just mad I posted my pwn :P

#33820 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Alexthebeast on 12 August 2004 - 03:50 PM in Site Feedback

True. All we need for retards though is the NHQ domain ^_^

#33794 Condensing The At2000

Posted by Alexthebeast on 12 August 2004 - 02:18 AM in Modifications

Listen to THIRST, that's one way of doing it. I just chopped off the tube on my gauge and filled in the rest with hot glue.

~ompa

I don't know man, I'm leaning toward shiit's opinion. But I would reccomend after taking out the gauge, to do a dignale cut aimed \\\ that way from wh edge of where the gauge used to be, stopping right above where the back of the pump tube is supported. Amkes it very holsterable

#33777 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Alexthebeast on 11 August 2004 - 09:19 PM in Site Feedback

::Giggle:: THat was great. Keep it coming.

#33715 Feelings About High School

Posted by Alexthebeast on 10 August 2004 - 10:32 PM in Off Topic

I prefer Lost and Delirious :P