Hi Yah's Content

There have been 251 items by Hi Yah (Search limited from 11-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#238647 Raider Preview

Posted by Hi Yah on 25 June 2009 - 08:49 PM in General Nerf

Ice, I think that paintjob looks pretty good. You just have to clean it up a bit and remove all the Nerf logos and you're good to go

#236783 Raider Preview

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 June 2009 - 03:31 PM in General Nerf

I wonder if you can add e-tape to the plunger to compress the spring more? That could give you decent ranges.

#236486 Raider Preview

Posted by Hi Yah on 15 June 2009 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

This thing looks like it has some potential. It appears to be a beefed up recon that looks way cooler! If this gun can be Angel breach it might actually be pretty good.

#236787 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 June 2009 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

I have tried PEX from Home Depot and it is noticeably tighter that CPVC. I was able to real load with it but if I tried to ram rod the tip of the dart would go into the center of the foam behind it and would ruin the dart.

#274947 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 May 2010 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

Hello I need some Measurements of Brass Pipes and would be thankful if Someone could provide them.Why? You ask it´s simple:I live in Germany and we use the Metric System here so measurements in inches are of no use to me(Due to variations in conversion ratios).I need the ID´s, OD´s and Wall thicknesses(in Millimetres) of 1/2", 17/32" 9/16" and 19/32" Brass.
Thank You in advance
Borgadin

Why don't you just bring one of your darts to a store that sells brass and get the size that fits your darts good.

#229478 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

Personally I think this gun is going to be pretty good. Anyway, even if is bad then we still can scrap it for parts and the drum mag. I think Nerf is making guns these days look cooler, have better stock ranges, and less modability. This one looks like it has a lot of potential.

#271508 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Hi Yah on 06 April 2010 - 05:13 PM in Darts and Barrels

The thing is some of them were pretty close and others weren't. And it didn't seem to matter if they were straight or not as I checked them before every shot.

How would you recommend getting them centered then?

Ninja focus.

Just make sure the hole is centered and make it a bit smaller so that the weight can't move side to side.

#271670 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Hi Yah on 08 April 2010 - 04:52 PM in Darts and Barrels

What I used to do is make the dart normally, but then glue on a 3/8" felt disc to the top. This worked just as good as slug darts, but the materials are easier to get.

#274315 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Hi Yah on 08 May 2010 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

A teaser.

Minimization.
Posted Image

Replacement plunger head.
Posted Image

Held on with a 6-32 bolt and a nut on the other end.
Posted Image

1" PETG plunger tube from Petco.
Posted Image

The new plunger head not only gives a better seal, it also increases plunger volume. I would estimate that the new plunger head adds 1/4" plunger travel. Yes, there will be a write up. And, yes this will get a plunger draw extension, just like in my previous write-up.

#274268 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Hi Yah on 07 May 2010 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

Here's a standard big blast that I made a while back.
Posted Image

It has a 1/2" PVC coupler.
Posted Image

And here's a pict with a 1' long 1/2" CPVC barrel, nested in a stub of 1/2" PVC. The CPVC has been drilled out with a 1/2" spade bit, for a looser fit on my darts.
Posted Image

It gets good ranges. I also replace the stock o-ring with a #17 Danco o-ring. The over pressure release valve now kicks in at about 7-8 pumps.

Any questions or comments please PM me.

#273817 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Hi Yah on 01 May 2010 - 08:47 AM in Modifications

Here's my nitefinder rifle.

Posted Image

And here's it primed.

Posted Image

Any questions and comments please PM me.