Possemhunter's Content

There have been 110 items by Possemhunter (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#248378 Dtb Help

Posted by Possemhunter on 24 August 2009 - 09:52 AM in Modifications

Make sure that the barrels line up with the plunger when you pull the trigger to fire. It sounds like the turret isn't advancing all the way.

#248125 Anyone On Nerfhaven Unicycle?

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 August 2009 - 01:40 PM in Off Topic

I didn't know they had mountain unicycles

#247997 Rf20 Problem

Posted by Possemhunter on 21 August 2009 - 03:17 PM in General Nerf

I would be extremely happy with an automatic that could shoot 3 round bursts!

#247854 Great Dart Giveaway

Posted by Possemhunter on 20 August 2009 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

It's only in the U.S and the gun you buy must be $20 to enter.

#247774 Titan Mod Without Pvc Pipes?

Posted by Possemhunter on 20 August 2009 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

If you want to increase the range of the missile just plug the over pressure release valve on the pump.
The missile shoots absurdly far, but because of the hollow tip it still wouldn't hurt a small child at thirty pumps.

How exactly do you know this?

How close was the poor kid?

I'm scared

And yes it's worth cutting out the ar's to shoot other things

#247635 Help!

Posted by Possemhunter on 19 August 2009 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

I've never heard of anyone doing this. The problem with this idea is that longshot clips are bulky and breeches are complicated. The plunger movement of a night finder is only 1 and 3/4 of an inch if I'm not mistaken. I am going to assume your darts are longer than that so you have to have two separate things to move to ready the gun. The other problem is that the nightfinder doesn't move a lot of air and the breech will most likely have dead space this reduces the range of the gun.

#247600 Saftey Glasses

Posted by Possemhunter on 19 August 2009 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

I use the same safety glasses that I use for modding for nerfing

#247329 Adhesives

Posted by Possemhunter on 17 August 2009 - 07:26 AM in General Nerf

I use epoxy and it still holds on every one of my guns. Before you epoxy, sand the brass with very high grit sandpaper and clean it with alchohol

#246754 Paintball Barrel Inserts

Posted by Possemhunter on 12 August 2009 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

I think that the paintball gun would be overpowered to use in a war and wouldn't you have to manually reload every shot? Why not just use paintballs? Correct me if I'm wrong though

#245830 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 06 August 2009 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? I like the idea of just moving the pump so you can have an uber mag l.oaded

#245659 Nerf Arrowstorms

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 August 2009 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

I don't know for sure but I have an arrowstorm with the cut out notches.

#245575 Which Way Do I Go?

Posted by Possemhunter on 05 August 2009 - 07:13 AM in General Nerf

The first option looks the best and easiest. Adding longer barrels cosmetic barrels just decreases range.

#245439 Nerf Raider Cs-35 Ar Removal

Posted by Possemhunter on 04 August 2009 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

I would love to see some internal pictures of the raider.

#243655 Guess The Amount.

Posted by Possemhunter on 24 July 2009 - 06:47 PM in Off Topic

$53.23

#242790 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by Possemhunter on 19 July 2009 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Hasbro copied us with the "N- Strike Flip Clip." I can't wait till they start making minus bows (-bow)

Edit- Someone beat me to it with the flip clip

#242305 I Will Take Contracts [ Selected Mods ]

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 July 2009 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

"Just send us the gun and the money" What? So you can rob someone of two things at once. Even if you had no intention of doing that (At least I hope not) I don't think anyone will trust you. Post some pictures of your previous work and what you know you can do. Are you better at cosmetic work or internal work. Also taking breeches out of your list doesn't leave much to do that someone else can't do themselves.

#242185 Small Question

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 July 2009 - 09:13 AM in Modifications

Home Depot might have odd sizes for cpvc. I took a stefan made of their foam, a stock tagger dart and a stock whistler dart and all of them were so tight that they couldn't fit in. where does everyone else get cpvc?

#241481 At2k Issue

Posted by Possemhunter on 11 July 2009 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

Just make sure it is a clean cut. I would use a dremmel with a cutting wheel or a hacksaw. And clamp the tank down before you cut.

#241458 New Type Of Speed Coupler

Posted by Possemhunter on 11 July 2009 - 03:18 PM in Homemades

I see that it would work well, it's just that there is a lot more dead space now and what makes it better than just using a coupler and several lengths of cpvc for barrels?

#241136 Crossbows

Posted by Possemhunter on 09 July 2009 - 05:51 PM in General Nerf

It's called a free market. No one has the right to stop you from selling something for as much as you want to. This doesn't mean that someone will buy what you are selling, it just means no one has the right to judge and set limits to the what you think the value of something is. Crossbows have a good reputation so people will have to spend money to get one. I personally would never spend that much money on a crossbow because I don't have 200 dollars to play around with and a toy dart gun is not on my high priority list in life. Other people are different and it's a personal choice how important something is to you and what you will do to get it.

#239889 N-strike Clipped Pas

Posted by Possemhunter on 02 July 2009 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Simply amazing! Are you submitting that to the modification contest?

#239390 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 June 2009 - 10:19 AM in Modifications

That's not how TOW Missiles work at all. The wire sends corrective information to the missile via the wire so that the missile changes course and can hit a moving target. For me, my missile is actually practical in nerf wars in my backyard. My friends usually go up onto a second story deck and barricade it, so it's good for me to have something I can shoot up there that will scatter a lot of darts quickly.

does it really matter how ugly it is( which compared to some things here it isn't). It is functional and for me that is all that matters. Would giving it a fancy paintjob make it work any better?

#239370 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 30 June 2009 - 06:19 AM in Modifications

soccerbeast, you perfectly replicated my results. Thanks for doing the video.

#239282 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 29 June 2009 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

I'll try to get a video of it. However my cameras card is full of priceless memories right now. Maybe tomorrow. How do you even post videos. Is it just like picture?

#239278 Titan Cluster Missile

Posted by Possemhunter on 29 June 2009 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

I have been, for a long time, attempting to make a missile that could be launched from an off the shelf nerf missile launcher and could also somehow disperse darts over a wide area. I met these terms almost accidentally when I taped a cardboard tube onto a BBBB missile, stuffed the tube with darts and fired. This worked, but the range left something to be desired and the missiles popped because of the amount of pumping nescesary to get any distance. I solved this by super sizing the whole thing.
Posted Image

It's so simple it's shocking that it works so well, and I don't believe it's ever been posted.(Sorry if it has)

To make: Get toilet paper tube and cut in half so you have two tubes.
Cut each lengthwise and tape the tubes together to make a larger diameter tube.
Tape onto top of missile.
Load with darts( just enough so that they easily fall out)
Pump and fire at a high angle so that darts can fall out.

I like this because it gets a whole area covered with darts and the missile still hits some thing/one, its dirt cheap, and easier than doing a shotgun mod to the titan barrel. I haven't measured ranges officially but I think the missile hit about 50 feet. The darts usually fall somewhere 25 feet forward of you. The scatter depends on how you load the darts. I can get 8 darts launched and have a nice ten foot wide spread.
Posted Image

#238013 Yalpam Ii

Posted by Possemhunter on 22 June 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

that.... is .... skill. I love how you used the front trigger to actually fire something instead of keyrings. Great job.

#237174 My New Ls Mod

Posted by Possemhunter on 18 June 2009 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

Ohh my gosh........... That is scary. You could win a nerf war just by showing that thing to the other team. Plus they can't tell where on earth your actually aiming it. Ranges? It also looks a bit front heavy. As long as it's functional, good job. Just try to make future mods a tiny bit cleaner.

#236773 Bladder Indicator Light.

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

Very nice. So simple yet practical. Good job

#236771 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Ohhh. Sorry. That's actually an ok idea. I thought you were taping the top of one to the bottom of the bottom of another so you couldn't use the bottom one. I'm still not sure this needed it's own thread though.

#236764 Longshot Banana Clip

Posted by Possemhunter on 16 June 2009 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

So you duct taped two longshot clips together? So what. It isn't any more functional than a single clip, just more unwieldly and a waste of another clip. Why not just take cardboard and put it on the sides of both clips so you can have two "bannana clips?

#236151 If You Mod A Tek 10

Posted by Possemhunter on 14 June 2009 - 07:20 AM in Modifications

That had to be alot of money in brass!

#235961 Brass Breech Problem

Posted by Possemhunter on 13 June 2009 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

If you use pipe cutters, there is a large flange left behind. File that off with a round file.. I prefer to use a dremmel to cut brass because it leaves less of a flange behind and is a zillion times quicker. You still have to file a bit though.

#235867 Dart Problem

Posted by Possemhunter on 12 June 2009 - 04:11 PM in General Nerf

Just how many layers of e tape did you use for the plunger? It should be enough so that you can hold the plunger in and blow in the barrel without any leaks yet loose enough to slide faily easily. Also, lube the plunger.

#235667 Ultra Dumb Ls. Halp!

Posted by Possemhunter on 11 June 2009 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Wait, do you have the stock barrel in? Okay I bet you took out the dart tooth. You need that piece. It pushes the dart into the bolt. Refer to this pictureLonghsot internal guide

#235508 What Screwdrivers Do You Use?

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 June 2009 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

I use these Screwdrivers

Thse are amazingly comfortable have a decent grip and are narrow enough

#235507 Shelia, The Dtb

Posted by Possemhunter on 10 June 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

I was more of hoping for something original like a nf integrate as the plunger tube for the turret giving it more power.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice mod.

Is it akward to prime the nitefinder now?

Also, how secure is the nightfinder?

Thanks. Not really. As long as you use a decent amount of epoxy/hotglue over a good surface area you're fine.

I like that you tried, but I have to say that it is rather pointless, unless your slide has broken, or lost its function due to other mods.

Thanks. The cocking bar was breaking so I thought I would try this.

I was more of hoping for something original like a nf integrate as the plunger tube for the turret giving it more power.

That is also what I was hoping for. Doesn't this also decrease ranges since it also has to pull that big piece of cpvc and the tee.

Not really, the ranges haven't decreased since I put it on. People really don't know that CPVC doesn't weigh that much.

Hot glue really isn't good for bonding parts that will be stressed or are heavy and have no other support.

#235210 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by Possemhunter on 09 June 2009 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

XRUSHEDX: It probably does, but its extremely close to airtight, so if it does at all, it will be a small amount. I will probably post ranges when I get rubberbands for it.

Possemhunter: The opening on the plunger tube is about the size of a screwdriver head, so the dart cannot fit through. It really doesn't matter what order you cock/load its really up to the person using the gun. Personally, I normally cock right before I fire, like as i'm pulling the gun out of a holster, so the spring doesn't get to compressed.

MOD_FREAK: Thanks, thats why I love nested brass and PEX tubing. I might drill holes in the PEX to make it look like a flash-hider.

ilzot: Mine used to vacuum load, but somehow I screwed it up. This is a good mod if you cant get it to vacuum load.

Thanks I get it now. I wonder if you could do this to any other guns. The night finder doesn't have enough shell around the barrel to do this do. At least a think.

#235208 Bolt Action Bbbb Breeched To Accept Mags

Posted by Possemhunter on 09 June 2009 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Nice work, but yes, be more detailed in your write up. An easy way to have nice pictures is to make a freewebs website to host them on. You can upload pics to an album on that website from your computer then put the url of the picture in in your post over here. It's what I do for all my posts.

#235046 Mega Missile/ Maverick Integration

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? Nice ranges though.

#235045 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by Possemhunter on 08 June 2009 - 07:01 PM in Modifications

Nice work. I'm a bit confused though. Do you cock the gun regularly, then pull out the 17/32 portion to open it, then put a dart in and push the 17/32 back in? What keeped the dart from going into the plunger tube.