Adhesives

Which is best for what application?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

As I was rebuilding the utterly destroyed bolt on my Recon, I found myself running into the issue of my glue detaching itself from the brass tubing. I know that FA_24 uses Fishin' Glue, but as that's $10 a bottle where I live, I'm using Weldbond instead. It claims to glue almost anything to anything else, but it seems that it too struggles with Brass tubing.

Anyone have any solutions?
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:19 AM

So your connecting the nub that attaches to the bolt to a brass tube like an Angel Breech?
I used epoxy, then epoxy puttied around it, and sanded down the parts that hindered movement. Had it since February and is ROCK solid, never had to open it once. If that fails, try Mighty Putty. Any projects big or small, Mighty Putty holds em all!!!
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

So your connecting the nub that attaches to the bolt to a brass tube like an Angel Breech?
I used epoxy, then epoxy puttied around it, and sanded down the parts that hindered movement. Had it since February and is ROCK solid, never had to open it once. If that fails, try Mighty Putty. Any projects big or small, Mighty Putty holds em all!!!

R.I.P Billy Mays

Also you could try JB Weld 2 part epoxy. It HOLDS. I've hammered at the stub for and angel breech with JB Weld and it didn't budge.

#4 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

What I did for my Angel breech was use super glue, then epoxy. After that all dries i sanded it down then applied epoxy putty.
Blasphemy, what did I warn you about shoving things up your ass? First it was erasers, dice, and gerbils...now my wristbands? What's next, apples and grapefruit?-Groove

Nerflovers

#5 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

This is the first thing you should read.
This is the second
And the third is this: Brass doesn't glue. I dremeled out the inside of the barrel and stuck brass inside it.

#6 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

I use epoxy and it still holds on every one of my guns. Before you epoxy, sand the brass with very high grit sandpaper and clean it with alchohol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users