cheerios's Content

There have been 224 items by cheerios (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#338919 Rainbow Pump Bullpup Pistol/Carbine Concept

Posted by cheerios on 13 May 2014 - 05:10 PM in Homemades

How awkward is it to prime a blaster like that when it has large spring loads? I was thinking of doing something like this but determined that the force would be awkwardly distributed and would cause priming to become too uncomfortable for practical war use. Have you noticed any discomfort while priming this repeatedly like you would in a war situation?

#300885 Quick Stefan Question

Posted by cheerios on 02 July 2011 - 12:48 AM in Modifications

Lol, so pretty much the best option is a streamline with a BB in it?

No, the best option is Captain Slug's Felt and Washer darts.

#284644 Quick Question About Big Blasts

Posted by cheerios on 02 September 2010 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

The box should say something along the lines of "Blasts missiles 30' " if it's a lever trigger. Also my lever trigger BBBB box said 2005 on it.

#334793 Question about u-cup seals

Posted by cheerios on 14 October 2013 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

I'm not familiar with the acronym NFR could you clarify.

#334795 Question about u-cup seals

Posted by cheerios on 14 October 2013 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Nitefinder rifle my good man.

Interesting, I've never heard it called that. 9691K53 should work for a seal.

#272466 Question About Rscb Clip

Posted by cheerios on 17 April 2010 - 07:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

I just have a little question about the rscb. I am thinking about doing coop's bbb rscb clip.My Webpage But I want to know if it fits tagger darts since i have currently no stefans. if not instead of using a half inch barrels, to use something bigger like 3/4 pvc.

I'm pretty sure stock darts don't work in any RSCB even if you use different sized PVC or CPVC.

#282245 Pumpsnap

Posted by cheerios on 05 August 2010 - 08:24 PM in Homemades

Are you willing to contract these?

#302585 Pump action U Channel blaster

Posted by cheerios on 31 July 2011 - 12:35 PM in Homemades

you can add more strutual integerty by using aluminum U-channels instead of pvc ones.

I said in the Final thoughts section that I didn't want to use aluminum. I already found a way to fix the stability issues just need to post my fix in the writeup.

#302618 Pump action U Channel blaster

Posted by cheerios on 01 August 2011 - 12:44 PM in Homemades

This design seems close to covering up the exposed moving linkages that plague most rod-style pump action conversions. If you used a larger U-channel or something to cover up the outside of the linkage in the back, and added a couple plates on the top and bottom to cover the plunger rod / bolt, I think you'd have something as safe as an RBP without so many tubes in tubes. That said, I'm guessing most of the parts I mentioned would need to be glued on b/c they're attaching to thin surfaces that can't take screws.

I'm slightly ahead of you on that one, I was working on ways to cover up the top of the linkage and I got this. A bar on top that makes the stock 100 times sturdier, and a cut section of 2" PVC to completely cover it up.

Posted Image
Posted Image

"With the advent of the simpler and sturdier RBP and RCP, I don't understand why we're using a more complex and less sturdy method to achieve pump action."

Apparently you don't understand the whole point of this blaster. Kane on the other hand does, this blaster was made to give people an alternative to making a RBP or the shitty RCP.

#302601 Pump action U Channel blaster

Posted by cheerios on 31 July 2011 - 06:41 PM in Homemades

I really like this.

How bad was shipping from McMaster?

Is there a lot of friction between the 3/8 rod and the U-channels?

Shipping wasn't bad, and there's little to no friction on the U-channels.

#302497 Pump action U Channel blaster

Posted by cheerios on 29 July 2011 - 05:59 PM in Homemades

I first got the idea for this blaster while looking at a picture of Split's LAB. I thought about how he used the aluminum U channels to hold together his blaster and I realized that they they could be used to make a pump action blaster. So before we go on to the blaster I would like to put recognition for a few things, Stark for his Rainbow catch, Ryan201821 for his rainbowpump templates.

Tools
Scroll saw or band saw
Power drill or drill press
Screw driver
Drill bits (specified in the writeup)
6-32 tap

Materials
PVC U channel 85065K33
3/8" square PVC bar 8660K31
1/2" Square PVC bar 8660K33
1/2" thick 6" x 6" PVC sheet 8747K635
1/4" polycarbonate sheet 12" x 12" 8574K11
3/8" 6-32 screw 90402A146
3/4" 6-32 screw 90272A151
Catch spring 9657K39
Spring I used 9637K25

Body and Catch

Lets begin. Print out the templates from here: [url="http://ryan201821.ne...mptemplates.doc"]http://ryan201821.ne...mptemplates.doc

Then place them on the materials. Set the piece with catch templates aside for now.
Posted Image

Cut out everything but the catch pieces. Sand the handle, the trigger, and the side plates of the handle unless you want to diddle your hand.Don't forget to drill the holes on the top of the handle.
Posted Image

Assemble your handle, mark where the holes are on the top of your blaster.
Posted Image

Drill the holes out with a bit big enough to fit your screwdriver of choice.
Posted Image

Now get your 5/32 bit and drill through the big holes, and out the other side so the handle can be attached.
Posted Image

Now get you catch piece templates, we have to modify them to work with our 1/2" PVC bar. Make the circles in the center of the catch into squares. Cut it out and drill the needed holes.
Posted Image

Assemble your catch and and test fit it in your plunger tube, if it doesn't fit sand it down. This next part is hard to explain. You need to line up the middle of the catch with your trigger then make a mark where the screw and spring should go into the middle catch piece.
Posted Image

Take out the catch and remove the handle. Drill a 5/32 hole for the screw that holds the spring on into the plunger tube. Use a 3/4" 6-32 screw for this.
Posted Image

The spring rest needs to be screwed into the plunger tube, Use 3/8" 6-32 screws. There aren't really any good directions for this. (Look at the picture)
Posted Image

You can now fully attach the handle, this what you should have now.
Posted Image

U channels

Cut 2 27" sections. Measure from the front of the U channel 2 1/2" then again 3 1/4". The mark at 2 1/2" is where the front of your plunger tube will sit, and the mark at 3 1/4" is where you will drill with a 7/64 drill bit into the bushing. Tap the hole then screw in a 3/8" screw.
Posted Image

Drill and tap another hole 10 1/2" back screw that in with another 3/8" screw.
Posted Image

Do this to the second U channel as well.
Posted Image

Plunger Rod

Unscrew the bushing and cut a 12 1/4" section of 1/2" PVC rod. Then cut a catch notch 4" back and make a mark 1 1/2" back then another 6" back from that mark. Drill those marks out with 1/4" drill bit then connect the holes with your scroll saw.
Posted Image

Attach your seal and cut 9" of the spring of your choice.

U channel part 2

Finish taking off your U-Channels. Then measure back 14 1/2" and measure back from there 5 1/2". Drill the marks out with a 1/4" drill bit. You can then play connect the dots with your scroll saw, to make the slots.
Posted Image

Do this for both of the U-channels. When your done you can mount these back on the body of the gun. Install the plunger rod and bushing as well. (Don't forget to lube the seal)

Priming Rod and pump handle

Now your in the home stretch. Cut 2 15" sections of 3/8" PVC rod. (Notice they nest nicely in the U-channels) Drill a 11/64 hole a half inch away from on of the ends. Screw in a 3" 8-32 screw, you need it to go through the priming bar then the plunger rod and then the other priming rod.
Posted Image

The pump grip is a made out of 1/2" PVC sheet and 1/4" polycarb. cut out 2 2"x3" rectangles out of polycarb and a 2 3/4" x 3" square out of the pvc sheet.
Posted Image

Assemble it like this:
Posted Image
A couple screws on each side is sufficient

Once that is done connect it to the priming rods by screwing it in.
Posted Image

Your blaster is now done minus a stock. I made mine out of 1/2" pvc sheet, I cut out a 1 1/2" x 6" rectangle and screwed it in. But you can do it an way you want.
Posted Image
Final thoughts

This is still a "Prototype" blaster, I have already made a list of things that I need to fix.

The U channels are flimsy because of the giant slots in them, so in Rev.2 I'll fix that by making a reinforcement to the bottom and top of the U channels with a polycarb sheet.

I chose to use a [k25] spring which was not the best choice, I'm having issues with it catching in the catch notch and it causes to much friction on the priming rod, I'll be looking for a spring with same power but a bigger I.D.

I tried to not use any aluminum on the blaster which I successfully did, the blaster doesn't sound like death like Ryan's Pumpbow which had metal on metal to prime the blaster. But I think that that might not have been the best idea on my part, the blaster in now less sturdy because of this choice.

Also, sorry for the bad pictures; I got a new camera and I still need to learn how to use it.

#286383 Primary Opinions

Posted by cheerios on 01 October 2010 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

2K's are very prone to leakage from the goo gauge. Also with the 3k you can keep the stock pump and still get better ranges then a 2K.

#286367 Primary Opinions

Posted by cheerios on 01 October 2010 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

AT3K overhaul is very good for the price, and it can shoot 100-110 with slug darts with 6 shots. Or skip the turret part of the mod and just hopper it.

#337235 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 23 February 2014 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the other information. Unless someone else has actual data on the specific tanks I will likely use 30psi for the Big Blast and Range Master.

I have a 20 PSI McMaster OPRV on my Big Blast and it added range. I'm guessing stock BBBB PSI is ~15.

#337274 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 25 February 2014 - 09:30 AM in General Nerf

The Nerf Dart Tag Snapfire 8 does not need to be primed. Is the Snapfire 8 too overpowered?

No, because it isn't an air gun that has the capability to shoot ~100' without having to prime the blaster between shots. The argument with the Snapfire 8 is the same argument that could be made for any of Nerf's new flywheel blasters, but those aren't able to shoot past the century mark without the darts spiraling out of control.

#337250 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 23 February 2014 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

@Draconis, It's interesting you say that, I haven't ever heard of those sorts of restrictions.

It's often times an unstated rule anymore. Basically anything that runs off of a regulator and a hard air tank isn't allowed at most wars.

#337268 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by cheerios on 24 February 2014 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

I think that's a bit silly though. A well made air blaster can be just as safe or safer than a powerful springer.
You just need to apply proper safety to construction.

It's not about safety it's about fairness. A blaster you don't have to prime at all is way too OP.

#262607 Plusbow Is Worth?

Posted by cheerios on 21 January 2010 - 04:04 PM in Off Topic

How much is a +bow usually worth?

I'm sorry of this is in the wrong forum but I just didn't want to clutter the trading forum or anything.

I have seen them go for anywhere between $110 and $150.

#328879 PETG Sellers

Posted by cheerios on 19 April 2013 - 04:54 PM in Off Topic

You probably don't want to buy as much as Visipak's minimum order quantity, but here is a link anyways.

#350261 PCSR: A new homemade design

Posted by cheerios on 29 December 2015 - 01:32 AM in Homemades

Yo you mad bro? My only point in that is that other people have stolen members' blasters in the past and that it's entirely possible for it to occur now. I don't get why you're so butt hurt about me making an extremely valid point.

#331496 PANB 870

Posted by cheerios on 02 July 2013 - 08:21 PM in Homemades

I really want to believe that the range is 80-90 ft PTG, however:
1. Although ingenious, the sealing mech does not look like it seals perfectly/near perfectly
2. You have 3" draw with a 3/4" plunger tube. Blasters like the snap use 1 1/4" PT's with more draw and get just slightly higher ranges

He's using a 1 1/4" plunger tube not 3/4" or else his plunger head wouldn't fit. Also 3" of draw is more then adequate to fire 80' seeing as longshots of the specifications can shoot 95-100' flat.

#285487 Pacbow Write-up

Posted by cheerios on 16 September 2010 - 06:32 AM in Homemades

Looks nice Ryan. Can't wait to face one of these a Chano4.

#311906 orange mcmaster foam

Posted by cheerios on 26 February 2012 - 05:17 PM in Homemades

The orange foam doesn't work good for darts, it's too rubbery and has too much friction.

#343293 NSFWar

Posted by cheerios on 03 December 2014 - 05:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I have added a poll because I am confused as to why the people who normally show interest and show up aren't saying anything. Our wars had on average 10 people this summer, so why all of the sudden no interest?

Probably because nerfing in the cold is quite possibly one of the worst things ever.

#274987 Not Chano 4 - But Still A Decent War

Posted by cheerios on 16 May 2010 - 08:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Ryan how early will you want people there if they're going to help set up obstacles?

#275964 Not Chano 4 - But Still A Decent War

Posted by cheerios on 25 May 2010 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Scratch me out for this, I have to go to California the week before and I'm coming back that Saturday at like 6:00. Zorn if your not attending SPANO and you can attend ILFF2 I can give you the drum then.

#276874 Not Chano 4 - But Still A Decent War

Posted by cheerios on 05 June 2010 - 10:39 AM in Nerf Wars

I hate all of you right now. :P

#274265 Not Chano 4 - But Still A Decent War

Posted by cheerios on 07 May 2010 - 07:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite I can't wait. I hope I can finish my overhauled 3k in time, seeing as I don't have much time.

#268581 Not Chano 4 - But Still A Decent War

Posted by cheerios on 08 March 2010 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill be a maybe.

#347345 No one cares about the name you gave your gun

Posted by cheerios on 22 June 2015 - 12:18 PM in Off Topic

Just my $0.02 : I don't particularly get why the masterkey one is a problem, considering most people know a masterkey is an undermounted shotgun of some type. Also the names help add flair to each project.

I'm not into mil-sim or real weaponry, so the name "masterkey" is just as informative to me as calling your blaster "the super punisher-wrecker I like butt plugs in my butt 9000 awesome gun." Made up names for your blasters doesn't help anybody in identifying what it actually is and what you did to it.

#302498 NIC Homemades Contest Submission Thread

Posted by cheerios on 29 July 2011 - 06:01 PM in Homemades

Mine is here: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21434

#334020 new style RainbowPump Writeup

Posted by cheerios on 15 September 2013 - 08:54 AM in Homemades

It doesn't need a cheek-diddle sheath because nothing flies forward when you fire it.

It would protect your face against the priming sheath if it failed to catch and flew forward. It's just another safety precaution that I think all blasters should have.

#334016 new style RainbowPump Writeup

Posted by cheerios on 14 September 2013 - 09:11 PM in Homemades

While this design fixed many of the problems of the original RainbowPump, mainly being able to disassemble it easier than before. However it doesn't have the best feature of the original, a cheek-diddle sheath around the back.

#339263 New AABow Write-up

Posted by cheerios on 01 June 2014 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

Why did you decide to eliminate the firing stabilizer from Kane's AABow write-up? It is the only thing that makes AABows actually usable blasters in NIC wars and is by far the best feature of any homemade bow blaster created.

#261681 Nerf Recon Light Mod?

Posted by cheerios on 13 January 2010 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

Change the color of the light? I'm pretty sure you can't unless you open the light and change the bulb, beside for that im pretty sure you can't.

#350060 Nerf Modification Companies

Posted by cheerios on 19 December 2015 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

Xplorer sells premodded blasters on their website but they're rather expensive and you'll have to pay shipping from Singapore. http://www.xplorersg.com

#288901 Nerf In The News

Posted by cheerios on 25 November 2010 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

My -2 cents.
That kid with the black recon is clearly some Ice Worshiping fucktard. All of these idiots who even decided to fucking talk to these reporters are morons. Now, we're going to see Uber Hard to mod guns coming out, cause Hasbro's gonna fucking flip out. Here we go, guys. Thanks a fuckin' ton.

That isn't certain. And besides, we could get around the "impossibles" to modify. The nitefinder tube was glued together, solution, cutting the pipe. I'm sure if hasbro even makes "unmodifiable" guns, we could find ways to get around them, just like the nitefinder.

Or everyone could just convert to homemade blasters.

#290016 Nerf Dart Tag Furyfire Mods

Posted by cheerios on 04 December 2010 - 12:38 PM in Modifications

look for modification directory by: ForsakenAngel24

The directory is by Blue smart one. Self reliance is key v lewiis x.

#289643 Nano Belt Blaster

Posted by cheerios on 01 December 2010 - 04:42 PM in Modifications

Mid 80s with bad fitting darts? Seems a bit high. How strong is the stock spring?

I think the 80' ranges is from nanos being smaller and being more aerodynamic. I remember hearing somewhere that nanos get better ranges.

#244597 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by cheerios on 29 July 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

My longshot its paintjob did not turn out very good.

Posted Image

My Nightfinder to match my Longshot its paint job turned out better then my Longshot.

Posted Image