Scroll saw or band saw
Power drill or drill press
Drill bits (specified in the writeup)
PVC U channel 85065K33
3/8" square PVC bar 8660K31
1/2" Square PVC bar 8660K33
1/2" thick 6" x 6" PVC sheet 8747K635
1/4" polycarbonate sheet 12" x 12" 8574K11
3/8" 6-32 screw 90402A146
3/4" 6-32 screw 90272A151
Catch spring 9657K39
Spring I used 9637K25
Body and Catch
Lets begin. Print out the templates from here: [url="http://ryan201821.ne...mptemplates.doc"]http://ryan201821.ne...mptemplates.doc
Then place them on the materials. Set the piece with catch templates aside for now.
Cut out everything but the catch pieces. Sand the handle, the trigger, and the side plates of the handle unless you want to diddle your hand.Don't forget to drill the holes on the top of the handle.
Assemble your handle, mark where the holes are on the top of your blaster.
Drill the holes out with a bit big enough to fit your screwdriver of choice.
Now get your 5/32 bit and drill through the big holes, and out the other side so the handle can be attached.
Now get you catch piece templates, we have to modify them to work with our 1/2" PVC bar. Make the circles in the center of the catch into squares. Cut it out and drill the needed holes.
Assemble your catch and and test fit it in your plunger tube, if it doesn't fit sand it down. This next part is hard to explain. You need to line up the middle of the catch with your trigger then make a mark where the screw and spring should go into the middle catch piece.
Take out the catch and remove the handle. Drill a 5/32 hole for the screw that holds the spring on into the plunger tube. Use a 3/4" 6-32 screw for this.
The spring rest needs to be screwed into the plunger tube, Use 3/8" 6-32 screws. There aren't really any good directions for this. (Look at the picture)
You can now fully attach the handle, this what you should have now.
Cut 2 27" sections. Measure from the front of the U channel 2 1/2" then again 3 1/4". The mark at 2 1/2" is where the front of your plunger tube will sit, and the mark at 3 1/4" is where you will drill with a 7/64 drill bit into the bushing. Tap the hole then screw in a 3/8" screw.
Drill and tap another hole 10 1/2" back screw that in with another 3/8" screw.
Do this to the second U channel as well.
Unscrew the bushing and cut a 12 1/4" section of 1/2" PVC rod. Then cut a catch notch 4" back and make a mark 1 1/2" back then another 6" back from that mark. Drill those marks out with 1/4" drill bit then connect the holes with your scroll saw.
Attach your seal and cut 9" of the spring of your choice.
U channel part 2
Finish taking off your U-Channels. Then measure back 14 1/2" and measure back from there 5 1/2". Drill the marks out with a 1/4" drill bit. You can then play connect the dots with your scroll saw, to make the slots.
Do this for both of the U-channels. When your done you can mount these back on the body of the gun. Install the plunger rod and bushing as well. (Don't forget to lube the seal)
Priming Rod and pump handle
Now your in the home stretch. Cut 2 15" sections of 3/8" PVC rod. (Notice they nest nicely in the U-channels) Drill a 11/64 hole a half inch away from on of the ends. Screw in a 3" 8-32 screw, you need it to go through the priming bar then the plunger rod and then the other priming rod.
The pump grip is a made out of 1/2" PVC sheet and 1/4" polycarb. cut out 2 2"x3" rectangles out of polycarb and a 2 3/4" x 3" square out of the pvc sheet.
Assemble it like this:
A couple screws on each side is sufficient
Once that is done connect it to the priming rods by screwing it in.
Your blaster is now done minus a stock. I made mine out of 1/2" pvc sheet, I cut out a 1 1/2" x 6" rectangle and screwed it in. But you can do it an way you want.
This is still a "Prototype" blaster, I have already made a list of things that I need to fix.
The U channels are flimsy because of the giant slots in them, so in Rev.2 I'll fix that by making a reinforcement to the bottom and top of the U channels with a polycarb sheet.
I chose to use a [k25] spring which was not the best choice, I'm having issues with it catching in the catch notch and it causes to much friction on the priming rod, I'll be looking for a spring with same power but a bigger I.D.
I tried to not use any aluminum on the blaster which I successfully did, the blaster doesn't sound like death like Ryan's Pumpbow which had metal on metal to prime the blaster. But I think that that might not have been the best idea on my part, the blaster in now less sturdy because of this choice.
Also, sorry for the bad pictures; I got a new camera and I still need to learn how to use it.
Edited by cheerios, 02 November 2013 - 02:35 PM.