Namm's Content

There have been 61 items by Namm (Search limited from 09-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27751 Seattle?

Posted by Namm on 04 June 2004 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I know this doesnt help you much, but I always feel I have to post on these. I used to live in Seattle, but recently moved to Singapore, in a year or two i should be back, maybe we'll nerf then.

#27700 Tap Rule?

Posted by Namm on 04 June 2004 - 08:16 AM in General Nerf

We have a rule where if you're within 5-10ft (depending on game rules) away you can say "surrender", and if they agree to they'll say so, if they don't they, dont have to say anything, they can just try and shoot you. What happens is that many times someone thinks they can spin around faster than someone else can pull the trigger, they're usually wrong :huh: . Depending on who I'm playing with, we sometimes alow meatsheilding, which is where someone who doesnt have a loaded gun/ any gun on them (it happens) gets caught up to by someone on the opposing team who does. Once you touch the unarmed person, you can force them to drop their unloaded (or nonexistant) weapons, and walk infront of you, effectivly forming a sheild. If you shoot and misss someone during a battle, you run like hell, for fear of being tagged by the opposing team, being a sheild is not fun. If they run (when they've already become your sheild) you can shoot them, point blank, however, if you get killed before shooting them, they aren't out. Its a guessing game, because if you have a meatsheild and you are ambushed by other people on your sheilds team your sheild might run; at which point you have to decide if you should A: shoot them and run from the armed opposition (only aplies to single shots); or B: let them run, and try and take on the armed and just slightly more dangerous enemies. Hey, it works for us.

#27617 Differences Between Sm3ks

Posted by Namm on 03 June 2004 - 05:44 AM in General Nerf

There are two versions of the sm3k yellow. One was produced by larami (it was actually called a supermaxx 2500, but its easily mistaken for a 3k), and one was produced by hasbro. I belive the hasbro built one fires megas, not larami darts. I own an larami 2500, 2 blue (newest) sm3ks, and I used to own a green sm3k, and a hasbro produced yellow sm3k. The Larami 2500 has a larger airtank (from what I can tell), it also rotates differently than the 3ks. The 2500 actually uses a small amount of air from your first one or two pumps to move the barrels (I'm not totally sure how it works, but I know it uses air, it has no rod or mechanical parts that the pump moves, only the air pipe from the pump that goes into a smaller airtank, which is hooked to the much larger main airtank). The hasbro yellow 3k uses a rod that is moved by the pump on the first pump (its all mechanical). My larami 2500 is brassed, but I've never really mesured ranges, and recently its stopped firing, though it holds air, I think the trigger has probably just come unhooked from the firing rod.

#27518 X-box Counter-strike

Posted by Namm on 02 June 2004 - 12:21 AM in Off Topic

I play CS on the Xbox, but its a bit slow sometimes, because I live in Singapore. my gamertag is Namm. Just to let you know, im not very good.

#26971 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Namm on 25 May 2004 - 12:40 AM in Site Feedback

Just as a question, why is the "Null vote" button larger than the "Vote" button?

#26970 Nerf Hurts

Posted by Namm on 25 May 2004 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

I personally feel the ear is the worst place to get shot, ever worse than the groin.(At least you have pants there.) The worst thing thats ever happened to me, in nerf, is that I've been hit with a brassed 5k at 20-30 feet, in the ear, I didnt get up for at least 5 minutes.

#26360 Guns

Posted by Namm on 17 May 2004 - 07:15 AM in General Nerf

AirApache, it isn't that weird to have two xbows is it? I have two, but then again, I use them both. I also had two friends a while back, each at different times, who managed to get their xbows thrown away by an angry parent (usually for leaving "red spots" on their siblings) before I could get them, if it werent for that I would now own four crossbows. Oh, and twenty-five is nothing, I had to pay 60 for one of mine (the other was free ^_^ ).

#26157 Ufo's In Mexico

Posted by Namm on 14 May 2004 - 03:19 AM in Off Topic

"I've always held that aliens with the technology to get here will either ignore us, trade with us, enslave us, or destroy us. Why would they come all this way just to fly around in little blobs of light checking out Mexico?"

Maybe they were checking to see if we were worth trading/enslaving/destroying, apparently we didn't pass.

#25840 Practical Barrel Legnths For Tight Barrels

Posted by Namm on 11 May 2004 - 03:19 AM in Modifications

On the site you posted, it had 17/32 (my fbr is small) aluminum tubing, would that work as well as brass? Has anyone tried it before?

#25424 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Namm on 03 May 2004 - 04:17 AM in Modifications

Did you ever get around to doing exact range tests?

#25359 Lefty? Righty? Switch?

Posted by Namm on 02 May 2004 - 08:44 AM in General Nerf

For all of you who voted "switch" does that mean that you hold a gun in each hand sometimes, or maybe a pistol in your lef hand sometimes; or does that mean that when the urge strikes you, you'll lay flat, SM5K or X-bow in hands and put the but against your left shoulder, and fire it with your left hand?

#25342 Alone

Posted by Namm on 01 May 2004 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

I used to live in Washington state, but about a year ago I moved to Singapore. In WA I have a lot of friends that nerf, but here you're not even supposed to have fake guns, let alone go outside and shoot each other with them. Of course I wasn't aware of this when I packed all of my possesions for the move......shhh... :wacko:

#25252 Ultimate Artillery

Posted by Namm on 30 April 2004 - 08:22 PM in Homemades

It's not very practicle because, as i think you mentioned, you would only have one shot, probably throughout the whole war. Also, a while ago, somebody was convinced that they could use the same method you're talking about, to build a shotgun. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I think it was something about how it would fire the one barrel with the least resistance, and then just flow through that open barrel. If that happened you'd get one possibly decent shot, from one barrel, and the rest of the darts would flop out, or just not go anywhere.

#23014 Finding Rpl Compression Springs

Posted by Namm on 31 March 2004 - 03:25 AM in Modifications

I got two compresion springs at home depot, they were short and very strong, and a little wider than a TT spring. I found them in the same department as the expansion springs. They arent all that useful though sense they're too short for rifles, and to strong for pistols, but suprisingly enough i managed to put one in a nightfinder, i didnt do anything to the catch either. They're really good for NFs but not much else.

#21026 Max Shot Color Scheme

Posted by Namm on 10 March 2004 - 04:28 AM in General Nerf

I was just about to post something about that, its probably the exact same thing internally, but we can always hope. I also noticed that their mission statement claims they're not stealing ideas from nerf ("innovative"), and that tomorrow is their future, mine too, get over it, its not that exciting.

#20949 Which One

Posted by Namm on 09 March 2004 - 03:29 AM in Modifications

Everyone else seems to love the at3k, personally both of mine have sucked, horribly. I like the at2ks much more, manual does not mean slow, or even slower than automatic. The at2k also builds up a huge amount of pressure, single barreled or multi barreled my at2ks all get over 80 feet on 3 pumps. My at3ks are much worse than that , the best ive ever had one of mine do is about 65, with five pumps. It is also fairly hard to operate an at3k in each hand, at2ks are quite easy to handle this way. With dual at2ks you always have a fairly high powered shot ready. Just my experience, from what ive heard about other peoples at3ks, they're pretty good.

#20947 Vortex(Poll)

Posted by Namm on 09 March 2004 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the firestorm a six shot semi auto? (not a true semi auto, but you dont have to reload) Also, according to Janga its also the most powerful, that sounds pretty good to me.

#20732 Leavieng (this Time For Good)

Posted by Namm on 05 March 2004 - 04:01 AM in Off Topic

shut up

#20197 Nerfers In Seattle Area?

Posted by Namm on 28 February 2004 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, this probably doesnt help you very much, but i used to live in Kenmore. I recently moved to Singapore, im moving back in about two years if any of you still nerf by then.

#16672 Broken Larami 1000

Posted by Namm on 19 January 2004 - 04:33 AM in General Nerf

I really dont want to single it, and i dont think i can make a new trigger. I might just use some of the rotation pieces and just manually turn it. at least thats better than singling it. I dont know if mine was messed when i bought it but i didnt find any O ring, maybe im thinking of a different place in the gun. I might put in an at2k assembly just because the device provides a better seal with the barrels. Id have to try the manual turn thing first though. Again, any pictures would be great.

#16604 Broken Larami 1000

Posted by Namm on 18 January 2004 - 12:23 AM in General Nerf

i recently bought a larami 1000, ive never worked on one before, i opened it up, to see if anything could be modded, and the rotating mechanics all flew out. I dont know how to put it together, but ive gotten close, if anyone knows how to put it together exactly right, a picture would be great. in the process the front of the trigger broke, right behind where the grey L shaped piece hooks in. The trigger, being the force behind the rotation of the chamber, being broken means that the excellent combination of power and rate of fire of this gun would be lost. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix the trigger that also would be great. I dont think epoxy would work, the trigger is extremely thin and i dont think it would hold very well. The only solution i can see is to melt a hole in both pieces and put a needle or something metal in and then epoxy over that.