DX-Robert's Content

There have been 577 items by DX-Robert (Search limited from 19-March 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#152422 Humans Vs. Zombies In The Washington Post Magazine!

Posted by DX-Robert on 21 April 2008 - 03:01 PM in General Nerf

Wow I haven't been on here for a while...

Anyway, there's a round of HvZ currently in progress at Conn College. There are 80 players this round. I didn't play in our first round, but I did see how crazy it became toward the end. There were some big fights when zombies camped the doors to academic buildings and the humans inside called in backup.

As Galaxy613 pointed out, these games are really intense. The human paranoia effect is really cool - I leave my dorm only through the side door and enter only having spent a good minute making sure there's no ambush. You really do alter your walking habits and eating habits. At Conn, we also have missions at night, which usually succeed or fail based on how many humans arrive and if the zombies are tipped off as to where the starting point is. I bring my Tech Target and Sharpshooter II into classes, though in a bag since such buildings are safe zones and professors would probably rather not see the guns hehe.

#323270 Hurricane Sandy

Posted by DX-Robert on 01 November 2012 - 10:52 PM in Off Topic

My town is still 100% without power. Most of the roads are finally open and passable, some still have trees down creating one lane necks. 3 trees fell in the driveway and there are still loose wires all over my street. Luckily it was almost all wind, and our coast did not take as hard a hit as in Jersey. My cousin got out of her lease and moved the day before Sandy hit. Her ex house on Fairfield Beach road was literally washed away, there is no trace of it. The lack of power is not nearly as bad as the lack of heat and water.

#95045 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by DX-Robert on 22 November 2006 - 11:29 PM in General Nerf

This really should have died already. As stated countless times before, who cares? Who are you going to hit from 400ft out? For all I care, it could have 4,000ft of range. If it were accurate enough to actually nail someone from such great distances, that would be a matter worth caring about.

I'm surprised that this topic has warranted flaming. It's among the most pointless use of flaming I've ever seen. We can never know the absolute truth about whether the gun cleared the mark or not, so why do you even bother to try and force one decision over another? Those who believe the proof do have the right to try and persuade. Those who don't have the right to try and dissuade. However, once it wanders from intellectual argument to personal attack, the line is crossed. Flaming is never justified for anything. Those with no sense of restraint, those who always have to be right, and those who need to pump their egos are a primary reason why society is going down the crapper before it is even flushed. This topic is a perfect example of what not to say in what started out as a valid argument. It is shocking to see how difficult it can be for some people to remain civil and keep their posts somewhat formal. I've seen little children with better behavior.

Personally, I would have tested this with as many variables as possible removed. That means a closed, controlled environment with at least prosumer-level cameras, well marked intervals, and exact measurements of the firing angle. That would also mean that the trial would have to be run many times to siphon out the variables that could lead to a bias or holes in the proof. When conducted like a true experiment, the resulting proof could bear much more scientific weight.

Since there were so many variables possible, the range test that was conducted cannot be proved or disproved absolutely without doubt. You've got a hung jury here, and cannot fairly come to a decision that everyone must accept. Therefore this case should be tossed out of court. Please let it die on its own, as having a topic closed by an admin would demonstrate how this community cannot conduct itself in a mature manner. However, I do think that this topic needs to be physically closed and people need to move on.

#70223 Idea?

Posted by DX-Robert on 01 January 2006 - 11:35 AM in Off Topic

What do you think Hasbro does every year? I see what you're saying, but:

A: There has probably been a topic like this at some point in time before.
B: Don't wait for a company to come out with something you really want. Take the initiative and make it yourself. I've learned the hard way not to rely on companies too much. Want crazy ranges? High power? Go out and buy some PVC/fittings/other parts, and get all you desire.

Nerf is on very good terms with Hasbro. Count your blessings now or you'll end up like the Soaking Community, where I once tried to lead a boycott on Hasbro for ignoring us and giving us crap guns for the last 3 years. You don't know how well off you are in terms of good quality company-manufactured guns, so If I were you, I would either be satisfied, go homemade, or shut up.

#285496 Increasing Air Flow In An Sm 500?

Posted by DX-Robert on 16 September 2010 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

7" of the usual Home Depot CPVC, although it is a "thinwall" version from Eastern CT that makes a perfect fit with white foam. In a springer, the fit is actually too loose for any other type of micro except the '06-'07 Frost King foam, which is why I shoot white. But, I guess since it's an air gun, it really likes those loose-fitting slugs. I found out today that it also likes BB and fishing weight darts, just not the slingshot ones.

There definitely is a feel that it lacks power. I tried an in-line clip on it since 3/4" CPVC fits in the white barrel - it worked pretty well except that each shot went about 45ft. Also tried an RSCB with similar range reduction.

#285462 Increasing Air Flow In An Sm 500?

Posted by DX-Robert on 15 September 2010 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

So, I bought an SM 500 recently and have put a CPVC barrel on it, but it only gets 75-85ft, depending on what goes in it (slug darts have actually been doing better than slingshot darts so far). It seems disappointing to me, though, because this gun has the loudest pop I've ever heard in an air gun so small. Surely more range can be squeezed out of it?

So, my question to SM 500 modders is this: can the opening in the back of the barrel where the trigger valve plate rests be widened safely? Even when using a flashflight, I can't see the edge of the rubber ring that rests against the opening. if it is wide, the opening could be widened quite a bit. But, if the rubber ring is not wide enough, I will wreck the gun if I widen the opening. There is no way to access this part by opening the gun - it is only accessible from the barrel after sawing the muzzle off.

A picture won't help because if you could see what I need to see, then this question would be moot. If you've modded an SM 500 before, you will have seen the firing plate/rubber ring and the size of the opening. I rarely ask modding questions, but I don't want to do something undocumented to a rare gun without some advice.

#161908 International Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 08 July 2008 - 12:27 AM in News

Viewing Profile: DX

Active Stats

Total Cumulative Posts 188
( 0.2 posts per day / 0.12% of total forum posts )
Most active in Nerf Wars
( 84 posts / 45% of this member's active posts )

Eh, I don't think that post counts have too much to do with whether a person contributes more to wars or tech. There may be some correlation, but it really comes down to what that person is here for. We're here to Nerf and have fun [though personally that means 3 great wars in a 4 week period].

Modding and wars don't have to be at odds with each other. Simply mod to fight. I don't find any joy in modifiying something or building something unless it can be debuted in my next outing. And don't tell me that modded guns don't have a place, just look at them all at our big wars hehe. Mods enhance Nerf wars naturally, they need not be discouraged except those with no practical or intended use. It's a recurring theme anyway, comes up every year - especially now, the prime time for major wars.

But whatever, everyone knows that the field of battle is where the fun is :P .

#121769 Is Everyone On Youtube Retarded?

Posted by DX-Robert on 31 August 2007 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Just ignore Youtube stupidity. Delete comments, disable them, and/or if it's not your own video, just ignore them. Some of those users need attention in order to breed - deny them that and they fade away. This topic is becoming a bandwagon/me too topic. We know that many Youtube users are dumb; we know how to deal with them. What is the point of further discussion? Get outside and Nerf or something.

#113139 It's Clean-up Time!

Posted by DX-Robert on 26 June 2007 - 12:25 PM in News

This is certainly not the first time I've heard that suggestion. I have a bit of expertise on this subject since I have done it myself on more than one forum and regret it. On some forums, it is a good idea, on others, it is not. Most of the time, pruning inactive members is done to make stats more representative of the actively contributing and posting membership. However, here, no one really cares about stats. How many posts and members NH has doesn't mean anything significant.

The majority of members on most forums do not post, they browse and absorb knowledge. Some may browse for an entire year and then return to post. Depends on the person and how comfortable they are to posting. Some of the most intelligent online members I know did not post their first day, or even first month. There was this one kid who made an account, forgot about it, came back the following year, and now has been a regular contributer for the past 2. If you prune members, it actually turns people away from registering, and definitely from coming back. You could have a guy ready to make stunning contributions, but when he comes back, he finds that this account has been deleted. He will be lost from that site.

After watching the effects of pruning, I've found that it shouldn't be done unless a site needs to reduce its server load and conserve space. However, that is rarely a problem. And of course, these are observations, not suggestions or opinions, both of which tend to get people in trouble. Elsewhere, I am well known for only opening my mouth when backed by real experience.

#277493 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 11 June 2010 - 11:54 PM in Nerf Wars

At this point I am a definite unless an event comes up, but I doubt that there are any conflicts. [BTW to the usual crowd, I'm in DC for the summer, so i won't get to see you guys until Apoc]. Looking forward to meeting new people in the DC area this summer though!

#278794 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 28 June 2010 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a reminder - this is coming up soon. Weather looks dry so far, but plan on 90+ heat.

#279323 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 02 July 2010 - 10:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck umm

I actually might have to cancel attendance, and this is why -

I have to leave this Sat (spending the 4th in Boston) and while there are trains offered that depart DC in the afternoon, no one wants to pick me up in Boston wicked late at night (it's a 7 hour train ride).

My choices are:

A 9 AM train that gets me there at a reasonable hour, but causes me to miss the war
A 1 PM train that gets in later, but lets me take part in some of the war

I'll decide within half an hour. Really don't want to bail, but also really don't want to get in late. I'm definitely interested in that thinwall PETG, if I can't come, please get Ben (Doom) to buy it for me and I'll pay him back.

#279761 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 08 July 2010 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

TBD = To be determined. Most likely somewhere around NW DC or one of its metro-accessible suburbs. I'll do some riding this weekend to look around.

#279722 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 07 July 2010 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be willing to host a war in a TBD location on the 24th or 31st if there is interest.

#279331 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 02 July 2010 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

This was kind of a last minute thing that some of my friends threw together. I didn't know we'd be going to Boston else I wouldn't be booking tickets at quarter to 1. I decided that the early afternoon train isn't worth it. I'd have to go all the way out to College Park for like 2 rounds, then go all the way back to Tenleytown to switch stuff and then all the way back out to Union Station. That's like an hour and a half of Metro travel for a handful of rounds, if that. And with no real primary or pistol.

So yeah, I'm going to have to scratch. Hate doing that, only the 2nd time in 5 years. But, whatever, I know there is interest in more wars around the area and by then I'll have my proper guns, proper darts and all.

Thanks about the PETG, please buy as much of it as you can (like 10ft if there is 10ft). My usual white foam is perfect for thinwall PETG and too tight in most other barrel materials.

#279315 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 02 July 2010 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

So...I had a few primaries shipped from home, but they have not arrived yet. The only thing I have to shoot with at the moment is a stock SM1K that I bought earlier this week and am in the process of modding, plus a BBB that I got from Target about an hour ago. I have darts, although some of them are from past wars and some from a last minute Home Depot run. Basically, I'm about as prepared for DC area nerfing as the federal government is for cleaning up oil. It would be awesome if someone can bring a loaner primary and a loaner pistol for me tomorrow. PETG would be amazing too, it would allow me to finish the SM1K mod, which has no barrels. That could be done on-site.

#278877 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 28 June 2010 - 02:21 PM in Nerf Wars

The only issue I have with Artemesia is that it\\\'s so open. I think that games are most interesting when there is abundant mid-range cover, which both reduces the need for range and makes breaking standoffs easier. Artemesia certainly isn\\\'t lacking in woods, but they tend to be dense and the trails are filled with runners and bikers. Of course, I don\\\'t know how the venue will turn out until I\\\'ve actually fought on it...

I checked out some parks last weekend. Several parks in the area seem to have the same problem of dense vegetation with long, narrow trails. Great for hiking and running, bad for fighting a Nerf war. Have not looked at too many open-air parks yet, so far the ones I\\\'ve seen get heavily used.

EDIT - There appears to be some kind of filter or something that is breaking apostrophes in my post.

#353108 Keystone NERF group's May Wars

Posted by DX-Robert on 27 April 2016 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

This is one of my favorite superstock venues.  Definitely worth going to!

huf4h38.png

Rd1av72.png

#354196 Lack of NIC Nerf wars this year in Washington?

Posted by DX-Robert on 14 June 2016 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

If there's really nothing, it sounds like you'll need to take the initiative to start it.  You need to have the hunger to make it happen, another host is unlikely to pop out of the woodwork.  Obviously, check past wars on NH to see how they were organized, what works, what doesn't work, etc.  

NIC/DIY style events may be difficult to support at first, you may find more success starting with superstock and gradually progressing to NIC/DIY.  Superstock is widely popular and draws a lot of participants with minimal barriers to entry.  Get a baseline group of regulars and encourage an arms race.  Don't set an FPS limit, allow slugs, and let people mod up at their own pace.  It's better to have a few NIC/DIY rounds at a primarily superstock event and lots of players than none at all.  Ironically, many primarily NIC/DIY events now run some superstock rounds, and for the same reason - to encourage more people to come play.  If you can build up a large base of players, you can then exploit their varying tastes to support a pure NIC/DIY level event.  Just remember to keep your base happy by catering to all its needs, not just some.  If they want multiple styles of nerf, include multiple events or mixed events.

#173746 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by DX-Robert on 30 August 2008 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I didn't say i wasn't coming but it would be easier for me to get a ride. Putting myself through college doesn't really allow me the 40 bucks its gonna cost to drive all the way there. That sir is a months worth of beer.

You serious? I would hop on a train at fucking 4 in the morning to make it down to South Jersey for this, but Metro-North isn't hardcore enough to get me out of New London in time. With 5 station transfers and 3 line changes, it would be start time before I'd have even crossed the Hudson.

A quality war is worth more than $40. And that's in no way a month's worth of beer, that doesn't even last a weekend.

I can't make it, so I hope everyone who can has a great time ;) [and actually shows up].

#122900 Late September Nj War

Posted by DX-Robert on 13 September 2007 - 04:59 PM in Nerf Wars

If it is to be NY, please finalize the date, time, and place ASAP. And please don't start it wicked early [like before noon]. i'm guessing it's a 2-3 hour train ride from here, but I don't know for sure.

#122888 Late September Nj War

Posted by DX-Robert on 13 September 2007 - 02:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Wilde Memorial has gotten old. Sure I'd still love to Nerf there, but I'm interested in seeing Z80's place for the first time.

#122605 Late September Nj War

Posted by DX-Robert on 10 September 2007 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

My only preference is something that isn't more than 4 hours away by train from eastern Connecticut. Anything south of Bergen County is out of my reach now, especially since 10-11 AM are such popular start times. Even to get to Glen Rock, I'd have to take the first train in the morning out of New London. Since transfers vary at Penn and Secaucus, God knows how long the whole trip would take.

If you are interested in a much larger Bergen field, try the Saddle River County Park, which stretches from Ridgewood to Rochelle Park. The semi-open woods at the Ridgewood Ave area would be ideal, though it is a popular place and premission would definitely be required. There's also the Goffle Park across town, but it is much narrower and more open. I use a 2 mile stretch of it as my home field, the northern section completely covered in dense forest. You probably wouldn't like that area. Anyway, Ridgewood's section of the County Park blows away Memorial Park in Glen Rock. It is at least worth checking out in person.

#121200 Late September Nj War

Posted by DX-Robert on 26 August 2007 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm open to any weekend provided that a war doesn't start at fucking 10 or 11. I've started college, so I'm no longer in Jersey and would need like 5 hours to make it by train.

#122940 Late September Nj War

Posted by DX-Robert on 13 September 2007 - 11:39 PM in Nerf Wars

No disrespect Dux - but why would we sacrifice two hours to accomodate one person? Unless there's a lot of people that don't want to start until noon, I don't see how it would hurt for you to join a bit late.

It's just common courtesy. Some people on this earth still believe in ideas like that. Final decision always belongs to the host, though. I don't care that much, but catching the beginning makes the long train rides and high fares worth it.

#123006 Late September Nj War

Posted by DX-Robert on 14 September 2007 - 11:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for sounding like a jerk about the start time - I can bear missing some of it. I'm just excited about the terrain [finally some real woods and cover] and to test my new acquisitions [Max Shot and pair of AT3Ks]. I'll finally be able to ditch the Longshot if my new guns arrive and can be modded in time.

I am confirming if it indeed will be on the 30th. Now to see what the timetables are like on Sundays...

#86658 Lifting Weights

Posted by DX-Robert on 06 August 2006 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

I'm a sprinter, so that means lower body workouts. I have absolutely no upper body strength, but I don't really care. In fact, I've been told I have a perfect build for a distance runner, yet I am best at sprints no longer than the 200. I am living proof that there is such a thing as a "weak sprinter", at least in terms of total muscular strength.

#326174 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by DX-Robert on 31 January 2013 - 12:54 AM in Darts and Barrels

Throw out the misconception that there's such a thing as general springer fit in CPVC. CPVC has an incredibly variable ID. I have an old CPVC speedloader from a Home Depot batch in eastern CT where stock streamlines fall right through it - this piece can take white log home foam straight out of the packaging. I've also got some western CT batches that are in "the middle" for CPVC - not as large as the eastern batch, but not nearly as tight as the CPVC most people field. This stuff takes beige well and white if you've got something more powerful than an RBP.

You are best off keeping several different ID batches - this way the size of the foam you buy does not matter. White log home tends to be fat, so it usually needs to be heated and then stretched to fit in most batches. This foam is superior when you take the effort to match it to your barrels. It is very resistant to heat and wear of time.

From what I've used,

Red cera rod > white log home in slugs and hoppers
White log home > red cera rod in domes and speedloaders (and RSCBs for some reason)

With the batch I got, not all of it was perfectly round. There are noticeable flat spots and even some depressions running along the length

^ That happens during shipping. If you buy enough that it requires a box, it won't have defects from things resting on top of the package. It is perfectly round off the spool.

Both the LogHomeStore and Mod Man's red foam are an unusably tight fit in CPVC. I have yet to find a smaller diameter foam of high quality to fit CPVC.

^ Not looking hard enough or too lazy to heat and stretch. Post again in like 5 years and you'll have barrels for everything you need, or take the time to get the results you want today. Also,

Pink MHA > white log home in slugs and hoppers. You don't have the pink reviewed on your site and you should. The pink stuff is beastly and makes among the cleanest slugs there are. It would be my first choice for foam if it were more readily available (I don't yet make metal-free darts).

Although, it really does not matter what you're using as long as you know its tendencies well. People get caught up (self included) chasing the "best" foam and at the end of the day, a reliable setup is best. If you've got a great dart-barrel fit, a steady supply of foam, and are hitting things on the field of battle, who cares. I use cheap, trashy gray foam (mixed sources) most of the time and it brings in hits. Especially in this era of slugs and metal-free alternatives, the type of foam you are using does not matter as much as it did in the era of slingshot domes.

#326298 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by DX-Robert on 04 February 2013 - 09:47 AM in Darts and Barrels

Totally disagree. Low-quality foam will deform very quickly and lose its accuracy and fit. Also, my stronger blasters often destroy shitty grey foam darts in one shot--quality blasters need quality foam. Besides longevity, I've also gotten significant range increases by using better foam.

By shitty gray foam, I don't mean Frost King style suckiness. There's some grays in the world that don't melt the moment you put a glue gun to it or get shredded by 4Bs on the first shot. Everything used to be made with gray or black and wars were still fun. Max was the only blaster I had that was truly picky with what it could shoot - my current ones will shoot whatever as long as the barrel is a good match. Although, you have to factor in playing styles - I prefer not to engage at the edge of my range, but to rush and get in closer. Most of these shots are taken at mid-range and thus it doesn't matter what's being fired as long as it shoots straight. I don't like long range standoffs even when fielding a long range blaster - every shot that doesn't hit something is wasted except when taken to provide cover. Good quality foam will give you more range, but how much of that range do you actually use? What % of your shots hit at above 120ft?

I'm not saying to go out and use mediocre foam for every shot. I'm saying don't get caught up chasing the best foam because the differences are often insignificant in wars.

#257891 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 December 2009 - 03:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not so sure if this is going to work out anymore...I didn't expect a Saturday morning track commitment. Is there any chance of a date change?

#257988 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by DX-Robert on 04 December 2009 - 12:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I won't be able to get out of it. You know, this is the first time I've ever had to bail after confirming...in 4 years' worth of wars. Hope you have a good time, see you at BFNY IV perhaps.

#257375 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by DX-Robert on 27 November 2009 - 11:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Confirmed attendance. Can't possibly make it at 9:30 though, that's when the ferry leaves Bridgeport.

#253478 Long Island Nerf War Ny

Posted by DX-Robert on 13 October 2009 - 06:07 PM in Nerf Wars

So I guess we really are posting highlights for this one...

Like Zack posted above, this was the most intense 4 man war ever. If you think 4 people isn't enough to fight a war think again.

Highlights:

- Ride, ferry, walk, war, ride, ferry, rail, walk, home. 4 mile walk to the war site from Port Jeff. I spent about as much time traveling by foot as I did by rail or ferry.

- Seeing Zack and Twitch running up out of nowhere, totally saved the war.

- Distracting Zack so that Twitch could waltz right up and tap him. That was a priceless kill.

- Sprinting Faddle down about a dozen times. I'm a track runner, dude - once you decide to run you're toast :D

- Having one of the local girls ask "Are you a 6th grader?" Try a decade ago.

- Fighting around that trailer area.

- Watching Zack load up a Vulcan belt, only to realize that the darts wouldn't fit.

- The 1v1 with Faddle on the hill/railing area. I hit him through the railings.

- Maximizer being deadly accurate. Both my Maxshot and 1st gen NF broke though. I probably should bring something else as a loaner.

- The free for all and the series of battles in the front.

- Engaging Twitch at the beginning of a round without realizing that I'd completely forgotten to load any darts in my speedloader clip.

- Donuts and drinks.

- Watching Zack chasing that kid on the bike with the raider was really funny.

- That new gametype was awesome. I've played that as a tag game with shoes before, but never would have thought of doing it in Nerf. At one point I knew where all 4 clips were, but after collecting up the first 2, found that the 3rd was totally gone. Zack had nothing but praise for my choice of location hiding my clip :P The ending was Effeminate, with each of us holding 2 clips. I set an ambush, but he emerged about a foot further left than I thought and I just missed the shot.

#253036 Long Island Nerf War Ny

Posted by DX-Robert on 09 October 2009 - 12:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Train and ferry arrangements have been made. Please do not cancel the war again, hehe.

#97731 Ls Mod Problem

Posted by DX-Robert on 05 January 2007 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

I think he meant that when he pulls the cock back, the plunger won't lock. The handle just slides back to where it started. Even with a really heavy-duty spring, you should be able to cock the gun. It won't stay cocked long if the spring is really strong and the catch is unmodded, but it should cock. This used to happen to me all the time when I went to test my LS after closing it. It just means that something is not in its proper place. One tiny little thing barely in the wrong place will cause the whole gun to not fire, such as not having the right side of the plunger facing up or having the trigger plate not resting properly. Before I got really familiar with the LS internals, I pulled up a large picture of them in their places to check my work against. You can tell success when the casing closes perfectly naturally. Having to put even a little bit of pressure in any area indicates that not all is where it should be. Hope that helps.

#334841 MAGENTA MONGOLS MILLCREEK SMACKDOWN

Posted by DX-Robert on 16 October 2013 - 11:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Changed to definite.

Shit, I'm sorry guys, I'm going to have to bail on this one. I had to go to CT for some potential job interviews and made plans to stay up here through next week.

If you get a chance, check out this location in Stamford and see if you like it for a CT war venue.

#334054 MAGENTA MONGOLS MILLCREEK SMACKDOWN

Posted by DX-Robert on 16 September 2013 - 12:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there if available that weekend.

#202538 Magnificent 7

Posted by DX-Robert on 11 January 2009 - 12:48 AM in General Nerf

Personally, I'd rather hear about the new game types as opposed to whining about the banned guns. After all, what if you get a gun unbanned only to find out that it's horribly ill-suited for the new rounds? What's a titan going to do against a zombie horde? And what if new venues are chosen this year where really high range guns aren't a wise selection? I feel it is a waste of time to argue over banned guns. As many have said, stats are just stats, the human element is what makes Nerf interesting. Not only that, but any skilled nerfer should be able to find just as much success and have just as much fun, if not more, with a standard gun. After all, I believe that the ultimate goal of nerf is to have fun and for everyone attending to have fun, that includes the poor sod you're nailing from 120ft.

Anyway, I'd love to see some details on these new rounds, unless the info is to be withheld to make us salivate over the possibilities...

EDIT: I wouldn't joke too much about injury. You weren't there when Nibordude took a crossbow shot directly to the eye at one of the BCNOs a few years ago. That incident is the one that made people across the country take eye protection seriously, as that eye is now permanently damaged. However, that was a standard gun, I wouldn't worry about titans and the such when an ordinary crossbow can do that.

#216210 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 March 2009 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I would definitely be out. I'll be lying on the beach at Mazatlan, Mexico that following weekend ^_^

#216184 March Meltdown

Posted by DX-Robert on 03 March 2009 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I'm just wondering if March Madness will stay as scheduled with the forecast of rain on the weekend. I'd personally rather nerf in the rain than miss a rescheduling, which would happen if it were postponed to the 14th. That and its status will drastically affect my travel plans this weekend. As of now, I will be leaving New London at the crack of dawn for the Jersey Shore, then rushing for Boston the moment the war ends. It would be helpful to know if the war is still on before booking rails and rides.