Pico10's Content

There have been 56 items by Pico10 (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#191437 The E-tape 5k

Posted by Pico10 on 23 November 2008 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

I guess you did a good job in keeping wrinkles out of the tape, but otherwise it looks like crap. I know that sounds harsh but it really looks like you took a nightfinder and stretched black plastic bag over it.

#191142 Hyperfire Set With Pistols $24.99

Posted by Pico10 on 21 November 2008 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Since this thread is a temporary one, I thought it wouldn't be too much trouble to add one more deal to it.

Walmart is selling a two-pack of air-tech 3000's for $10 as part of their black friday deal.

#191141 Hyperfire Set With Pistols $24.99

Posted by Pico10 on 21 November 2008 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

He meant that the nerf product awareness shit should be a sticky. Obviously he didn't see it and posted this on it's own. I don't see the point in reiterating what Galaxy said either.

No, actually I was simply agreeing with the first response that there a should be a thread dedicated to nerf deals.

#191114 Any One Buy A Pack Of These?

Posted by Pico10 on 21 November 2008 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Anyone buy the eliminators? Are they worth being a backup/disposable/last chance gun?

Yes, a few people have them.

Ice's Link

AssassinNF's Link

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. I have actually read the second link already somehow and forgot. strange...

#190968 Hyperfire Set With Pistols $24.99

Posted by Pico10 on 20 November 2008 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

Perfectly good topic, right down the page: http://nerfhaven.com...ic=10943&st=600

No other posts are needed in this thread.

I figured there should be a sticky like this somewhere.

#190944 Hyperfire Set With Pistols $24.99

Posted by Pico10 on 20 November 2008 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

For all those interested, the hyperfire apparently is on sale over at amazon for $25.

http://www.amazon.co...27219040&sr=8-4

Side note: Nerf.com has a new interface.

#190851 Any One Buy A Pack Of These?

Posted by Pico10 on 19 November 2008 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

Anyone buy the eliminators? Are they worth being a backup/disposable/last chance gun?

#190837 Any One Buy A Pack Of These?

Posted by Pico10 on 19 November 2008 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

I saw these at a local Toys R' Us and wondered if they were worth anything. There are six of them.

http://www.amazon.co...m/toyblaster-20

Also, does anyone here know where I can buy the Titan and Scout combo pack?

http://www.amazon.co..._pdp_images_all

#187332 Nerf Hyperfire Shotgun Concept

Posted by Pico10 on 03 November 2008 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Here you go. I thought of this in the spur of the moment when I should have been doing my homework. Hopefully sometime I can make this idea a realization.

Posted Image

#185876 Good Deals At Your Local Grocery Store

Posted by Pico10 on 27 October 2008 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

Update!

As of today, 10/27/08, Kroger is having a sale on their Nerf related toys.

Update!

#182633 Good Deals At Your Local Grocery Store

Posted by Pico10 on 09 October 2008 - 03:29 PM in General Nerf

Here in our local Kroger Marketplace, they have a ton of good deals and rare nerf related items. Some of the stuff:

A package containing 12 darts, 12 shells, and two clips for your Rapid Fire Tek. $5.00

Nerf Recon $15.00, not that you want one.

Nerf Longshot $25.00

Tek Six $2.69

30 Dart Tag Darts $6.00

Just a heads up If you want to save a few bucks on your next Nerf purchase without having to buy online with the Fall20 coupon on Hasbrotoys.com

Edit: My brother just purchased a tek six and it rang up as $1.50, so all the guns may even be cheaper.

#181453 Rapid Fire Tek At2k Mod + Questions

Posted by Pico10 on 04 October 2008 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

Ha! I am doing this with my recon at some point as well. Exciting to see someone else do it to another gun. I have to angel breech mine though, not fun.

I originally planed to put the AT2K in the Nerf Recon but it ended up being to much trouble so I went with the Rapid Fire Tek.

#181451 Homemade Bladders And Air Tanks?

Posted by Pico10 on 04 October 2008 - 11:54 AM in Homemades

Well after following a few links from Doom to another topic, to another website, and through one last link I finally came to the Super Soaker Website that provided a model number for Latex tubing.

Quoted from SSCentral:

"Where to buy

McMaster-Carr and other distributors are the most reliable places to buy LRT. There will be minimums of several feet but you can use the extra to build more water guns or replace your pressure chamber when it wears out. McMaster-Carr part number 5234K53 is a good general purpose tube with an operating pressure of 35 PSI.

If you do not live in the continental United States, do some research to find a place that sells latex tubing. McMaster-Carr does not ship overseas, but other manufacturers like Primeline Industries do.

Manufacturers directly also sell LRT, but at much much higher minimums than distributors. They have a much larger selection than distributors, but the minimums make ordering some tubes nearly impossible. One tube I was interested in buying had a 200 foot minimum at more than $6 a tube.

Do not buy from hardware stores, home improvement stores, or medical stores. This tubing will work, but they limit their selection of tubes to extremely thin wall and small inner diameter tubes. Medical stores sell this tubing as "surgical tubing." The small wall reduces the operating pressure while the small ID reduces potential for flow. With that being said, you can still build a water gun from this low powered tubing, but it will not perform very well.
How to use"

For all those interested. Thanks Doom.

#181315 Rapid Fire Tek At2k Mod + Questions

Posted by Pico10 on 03 October 2008 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

With what looks to be over a foot of tubing between the chamber and barrel, I would not be expecting much.

That is what I thought for a moment too, but once it is assembled, the tubing doesn't restrict airflow that much if at all. I haven't actually got the tubing to fit inside the case without pinching the tubing and stopping airflow but I will get it eventually. Testing the rifle while still unassembled shows that it is just as powerful as a modded AT2K.

Think of it this way. You have a tube a mile long filled with golf balls. You push a golf ball really hard into one side. The golf ball on the other side will fall out with equal force.

#181282 Rapid Fire Tek At2k Mod + Questions

Posted by Pico10 on 03 October 2008 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

Very nice! I think this has been tried several times before, but this is the cleanest yet. What ranges are you getting?

Right now the gun is open while I work out a few more slight kinks, so I will post ranges once I get this thing back together. For the most part ranges are most equal to what you would expect from an AT2k though.

#181278 Homemade Bladders And Air Tanks?

Posted by Pico10 on 03 October 2008 - 06:46 PM in Homemades

Thanks, the paintball tank wasn't really what I was looking for but a cool idea nonetheless. I might have to try the bike intertube idea.

Anyone else have any links or ideas to create a AT2K type tank from scratch, if it is even possible?

#181263 Homemade Bladders And Air Tanks?

Posted by Pico10 on 03 October 2008 - 05:53 PM in Homemades

The title pretty much explains everything. Is it possible to make your own pressure bladders like found in the Magstrike, Powerclip, and pretty much any semi-automatic nerf gun made? And is is possible to make a tank like the one found in the AT2K.

I ask this because I want to replace a lot of spring guns with pumps and tanks but obviously that would require buying a ton of Air Tech 2000's and Magstrike's.

#181261 Rapid Fire Tek At2k Mod + Questions

Posted by Pico10 on 03 October 2008 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

First off, it's strange to be back. Last time I posted was at least three years ago, mainly because of this, http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=3916.

With that aside, here is my finished product. I'm not going to write a tutorial up for this because there isn't a whole lot to explain. Simply took the innards of a AT2K and placed them in the Rapid Fire Tek shell. With a few minor problems solved and tons of dremel work and hot glue, it is complete...

Posted Image

Some inside shots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You might ask "Why would you want an Air Tech 2000 in a Rapid Fire Tek Shell? Well, for four reasons. One, cosmetically it looks nicer. Two, it has a long barrel which is tons better for accuracy. Three, it has a clip! What else could you possibly want in a snipef rifle? And four, I am partial to pump guns, since they can be modded much more easily and have better ranges. A scope and a paintjob may be a later addition...

Ranges are the normal AT2K ranges. Plugged the pump with hot glue, removed the the fluid tank and that stuff. The shell system is still in place and the bolt is worked by a long screw that I attached into one of the existing screw holes.

A problem that still exists is that the screw can't be moved fully back unless the clip is removed, but it is still a minor problem so no real worries there.

Feel free to post questions and constructive comments.

#71317 Screwdrivers

Posted by Pico10 on 20 January 2006 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

I know this topic is old but looky what I found.
http://www.lara.com/...ce.cgi?oc=BT-3R

So for those of you who still don't have a dremel but a Commlink you wanna open up, there you go.

#71128 Internet Site?

Posted by Pico10 on 17 January 2006 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

I've searched my hardware stores for the last three months and I
can never find a single thing I'm looking for, mainly brass piping. Anyone know an internet site where I can find my modding supplies?

Anything at this point is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Make sure that it's regular price too, I don't want to be wasting my hard earned money.

#69659 Range

Posted by Pico10 on 21 December 2005 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

Go check the mods directory.

#69003 Posting And You

Posted by Pico10 on 10 December 2005 - 06:23 PM in Off Topic

That should be a mandatory video for all new members to watch.

Except it doesn't tell n00bs to use correct spelling and grammer. After reading your post, man_with many_guns, I'm guessing that is the only posting tutorial you have read.

#68976 Question About The Far

Posted by Pico10 on 10 December 2005 - 10:52 AM in Homemades

Shouldn't you just buy airsoft guns? I'm sure they sell ones that look similar to the FAR anyway, and there's no way it's easier to make one than buy one.

I agree and they look better.

#68956 Stefan Mod

Posted by Pico10 on 09 December 2005 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Your welcome, but at the moment two of your pictures aren't working. You must have copied the URL wrong.

#68948 Stefan Mod

Posted by Pico10 on 09 December 2005 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

This may help:
http://nerfhq.com/ph...topic.php?t=184

As far as resizing your pictures just go to Paint. Cut the picture and dotted lines should appear. Place your mouse on the corner of the dotted line and move it back and forth to resize your picture.

Welcome to Nerfhaven!

#68895 Bolts New Pistol

Posted by Pico10 on 08 December 2005 - 02:39 PM in General Nerf

You could easily use ompa's clip system and not have shells.

Where could I find that?...ompa's clip system that is

#68863 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Carbine

Posted by Pico10 on 07 December 2005 - 02:21 PM in Modifications

Where is the pump?

#68791 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Pico10 on 04 December 2005 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

Where did you get them from?

#68788 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by Pico10 on 04 December 2005 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

I pumped my 2k eight times, placed a stefan at the bottom of the 6" barrel and pressed the trigger. I stood at this ledge and the stefan disappeared into this tree.
Posted Image
I guessing that the tree is about 110' away. The gun was angled.

#68774 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Pico10 on 04 December 2005 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

paint base coat (camo green spray paint), let dry. tear masking tape into shreads, lay over base. Repaint with dif. color. Remove tape. BAM! Tiger stripes.

No airbrush, just spray, cuz that's how I roll.

Assorted painted toy guns:
Posted Image

The m-4 used to be bright red and blue;
the AK neon green and orange.

Do those work as nerf guns?

#68730 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by Pico10 on 03 December 2005 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

I pump it seven times.

7 times ?! I hope that means you didn't plug the airrelease valve!
If you haven't, you should, and then limit your pumps to 2-3. The range will be greatly increased. The thing with airreleasevalves is, it doesn't matter how times you pump it, you could pump it a thousand times, it will just keep letting the exces air out.

I plugged my brother's air release valve on his 2k and it works fine. A little hard to pump though.I shot it from my porch with a stefan and it dissapeared into the top of a tree about 110' from the porch.

#68208 The Icebow

Posted by Pico10 on 24 November 2005 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Our internet has been messed up for awhile so I could't respond.
Ok, yea my description of my problem was pretty weak so here it is again with pics. The plunger rod that goes down the plunger tube snapped so I glued it but it snapped again. After gluing(sp?) it again when I cocked my gun I heard somthing break and figure the plunger rod had snapped again. However when I opened it up I found out this piece had been pushed forward and it a had jammed up the plunger rod. I tried hotgluing it in place but it still got pushed forward.
Posted Image

#68006 The Icebow

Posted by Pico10 on 19 November 2005 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

When I picked up a crossbow from my local Goodwill its paint wasn't in the best of conditions so I then decided to give it a paintjob.
Posted Image
So what do think of my first paintjob?

Also when I bought it the plunger thingy was snapped I tried to glue it but it snapped again. If any of you have a solution please post it below.

#68005 Buzzbee Fast Action Rifle Mod

Posted by Pico10 on 19 November 2005 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Where did you buy the gun?

#67490 Screwdrivers

Posted by Pico10 on 11 November 2005 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I want to open up my commlink gun but I can't find a trangle screwdriver to do so. If anyone has found one of these can you please tell me where.
I've searched the forums and the only solution I've found is to dremel down a hex screwdriver, but I don't have a dremel.

#67258 Homemade Pump

Posted by Pico10 on 06 November 2005 - 10:39 PM in Homemades

I attempting(sp?) to create my own homemade pump for my next project. After taking apart nerf one I noticed a special valve at the back. Does anyone know how to make these? Also, where can I buy O-rings if I can at all?

#67203 Problems With Single'd At2k

Posted by Pico10 on 06 November 2005 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

Hot glue? Are you shitting me? Use something stronger for the actual tank. Like epoxy.

It work fine for me. I added a little and it was as good as new.

#67183 Scope Alignment

Posted by Pico10 on 05 November 2005 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

How do I align a scope. I tried several methods and none have worked. Thanks for anything.

#67179 Problems With Single'd At2k

Posted by Pico10 on 05 November 2005 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I know this topic is way old but I had to say this. I sawed my tank in half and with some hot glue I sealed it back together. I thought it would be impossible but it sealed quickly and extremely easy. Also for some unknown reason It has two times the power. So just open it up fix the pieces and seal it back up.

Con: the tank won't fit inside the case of the at2k. :blush:

#66578 Powerful Weapon

Posted by Pico10 on 25 October 2005 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

I would have to say SM5000, if we're talking about pump guns.

For you average NERF war, you really dont need anything more powerfull than a single barreled SM1500, AT2k, SS2 or an LBB. They all reach the 90' mark.

There is wars SM5k's are banned from. Yeah but I'd say a singled at2k old edition,sm1500,and lbb, like NinjZ are the most powerful.

Which out of these three are the most powerful?