Mxer4life369's Content

There have been 112 items by Mxer4life369 (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#164519 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

I bought a NF today, and I would like to paint it, but i want to leave the cocking handle, trigger, barrel thing (at the end), and the plunger tube orange. What colors would look good with this?

#164523 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

I like the white idea. Also, the black may seem good also. Thanks for the quick reply.

#164538 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

I would avoid black, it REALLY contrasts with the orange.

Why is that? I think it may look good with the orange. Kind of like a "Halloween Gun."

EDIT: What about blue?

#164542 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

Also, other Neon colors work well. hm... now I want HOT PINK.

That would be awesome. The Fag-Finder. No offense.

#164570 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I know, but I'm too lazy to look through 50+ pages of pictures of only maybe 100 Nitefinders.

#164578 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

I meant a "Fag-Finder" would be a Hot Pink colored NF. But it was a joke anyway.

#164590 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

Why is this still open.. And why the sudden influx of such shitty, god-awful topics. Pick a fucking color and paint it. There are thousands of techniques for painting. Pick one.

Oh I'm sorry, are you Groove, VACC, Carbon or OMC? I don't think so. So don't tell me what I can or can't post. Don't hijack my thread if you don't have anything useful to say. I thought your vulcan thread was shit cause you cut off the front of a gun you havent even tested out yet. But did I criticise you? NO. So get on with your life.

Prepare to be shot by my Fag-Finder

LOL, just give some of the credit to me.

#164597 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 25 July 2008 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

The beast: No front, no battery cage/holder, no chain hatch, no on off switch hatch, no bottom handle, no ammo box, no tripod. The basic minimization.
Posted Image

A decent internals pic
Posted Image

Pull off the top bracket directly over the cog turning drum and the plunger (about 8 screws). Unscrew the ornage thing too, and pull the plunger tube out. Keep all of these parts.
Posted Image

Two screws open up the top of the plunger tube, and the (two prong!) AR falls right out. Pull out the spring too.
Posted Image

Dremel out the white piece that holds the restrictor, screw back in and you have this:
Posted Image

The plunger tube in comparison to that of the Longshot: A bbb spring is also in the picture. The LS Spring or BBB spring will not fit, and there is no room for a plunger replacement here. I mean, not only is it a tight fit, but it's a 2 part tube, and a really long plunger piece with gear teeth and firing mechanism catches.Posted Image

And closed up, with no Ar:
Posted Image

I know what I'm talking about.
Even though he may have tested it before he did it, he still messed up his vulcan.

#164601 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 12:13 AM in General Nerf

And furthermore, Carbon isn't an Administrator. Groove is an Administrator. VACC is an Administrator. OMC is an Administrator. Carbon is not an Administrator.

I'm sorry that I made that mistake.

By the way, way to quote the whole goddamn post.

Thanks, I do what I can.

#164603 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 12:23 AM in General Nerf

Hey dude, no need to be an ass about it. Damn.

#164660 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 04:39 PM in General Nerf

I have painted my NF white, but instead of keeping the orange internals orange, I want to dye them black. I think this would look really nice. But will rit dye work on these pieces? I used to do R/C cars, and we used to dye the wheels with it, but I don't know if it will work. Also, if it will work, will the dye wear off at all?

Thanks,

Tyler

#164679 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 07:23 PM in General Nerf

Just get some vinyl dye.

Rit dye is really more for fabrics, and even then is known to fade pretty easily.

Huh, thats wierd, but it worked for our R/C wheels that are made of plastic, and to this day they haven't faded.

#164685 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 08:15 PM in General Nerf

Just get some vinyl dye.

Rit dye is really more for fabrics, and even then is known to fade pretty easily.

Huh, thats wierd, but it worked for our R/C wheels that are made of plastic, and to this day they haven't faded.

HAHA, it didn't work. I guess that nerf internals have a sealer or something on them. But isn't vinyl dye spray?

#164694 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

HAHAHAHA, thats kind of funny. But the pink gun thing was a joke. I'm painting my nf white with black internals.

#164691 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

I'm not dying my whole gun, just the internals. But I appreciate the info BS. I'll use duplicolor. I'll try to make another topic with pictures when I'm done.

Is this the stuff you guys are talking about?
http://www.partsamer...tegoryCode=3281

If it is, great. If not, then I'm shit outta luck.

#164699 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 26 July 2008 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

LOL, the pink gun for ME was a joke. I may do it to a gun if i broke it, and it didnt work anymore, but never to a working gun.

#164761 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 27 July 2008 - 09:03 AM in General Nerf

I used the rit dye yesterday, and it didnt soak it THOUROUHLY(SP?). But it did darken the plastic up a little. But will I still be able to use the vinyl dye?

#164788 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 27 July 2008 - 12:29 PM in General Nerf

I used the rit dye yesterday, and it didnt soak it THOUROUHLY(SP?). But it did darken the plastic up a little. But will I still be able to use the vinyl dye?

It was not hot enough long enough...and that process works but can alter the plastic dimensions... I'm gonna look and see if I have any of the many parts I baked too long and if so will cut one open.. it works.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post.
What process will work but will alter the plastic?
Why would you cut any parts open?

#164790 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 27 July 2008 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

This is my Sand Camo Color Firefly.
Posted Image
And it's CPVC turret
Posted Image

Well, theres my paintjob.

#164793 Rit Dye?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 27 July 2008 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

Ah, I see. Sorry about that.

#166034 The Dark Knight

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 02 August 2008 - 07:43 PM in Off Topic

Guys, I loved this movie. Especially the Joker.
Also, when I saw it I didn't even go to the theater. I used this place called watch-movies.net. Not to advertise it or anything, but you can watch practically any movie out, even if it's still in theaters! It's all legal also.
Here's a link: http://watch-movies....he_dark_knight/
If you use this link, watch version #9. If you don't have firefox, download it, cause it's required, then, just delete it when you're done. But it's worth it, no skipping or buffering either!

You're welcome in advance,
Tyler.

#166038 The Dark Knight

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 02 August 2008 - 07:55 PM in Off Topic

I have virus protection also, and it's never done that to me, and I have been using the site for months now, and perform regular virus scans, and I havent had any viruses since. So I don't know what's wrong with your computer.

EDIT: Mr Tubb, you're welcome.

#166043 The Dark Knight

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 02 August 2008 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

Hopefully no-one gets a virus, and if anyone does, I am sorry. But it hasn't done anything to my comp. so I don't see why it would to anyone else.

#166083 The Dark Knight

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 02 August 2008 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHA

#166755 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 09:13 AM in Modifications

This is my NF. I painted it and coupler modded it. I posted a topic about what colors would look good with the orange, and it didnt work out. So I got to thinking, a blue and orange NF would be sick. So I did it. And I believe it does look sweet.
Here it is uncocked
Posted Image
Here it is "Cocked, Locked, and Ready to ROCK!"
Posted Image
Here is the gun with the barrel detached.
Posted Image
Here is a view of the business end of the gun. As you can see, I put some blue craft foam on the plunger to match the paintjob.
Posted Image
And this is what I see when I bust a cap in some fool's ass.
Posted Image

As you can see, I'm not TOTALLY done, because I still have to paint the laser casing, dart holders, and battery cover. But other than that this baby is DONE!

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#166758 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 09:18 AM in Modifications

I Bet that was sarcasm, but no, I don't believe so, and ranges are mid 50's low 60's.

#166767 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 09:54 AM in Modifications

Yeah I know about the paintjob thread, but I wanted my own topic.

I did not clear coat it. I had to get gloss blue, or else I would have to have an almost black blue. So it's gloss blue.

EDIT: I also would like to put some orange highlights on it. Like you said, Brunta.

#166803 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

LLama boy, that is exactly why I did it. but it doesnt work too well.

Bartel, thats what I'm thinking of doing, thats why I said its not finished. I have to go to Wally world today and buy some orange.

Slowguitarman, that really made me cry, I thought it was special...

#166876 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

That was uncalled for.

Slowguitarman, I was joking.

#166902 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

BlackSunshine, it never fails, you have to wreck my damn threads. I know I should have posted in the M/PJ thread. But I didnt. So drop it.

#166942 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

DUDE. It's MXER. Get it right. OK. MXER=Motocrosser. Get it right. Please. OK. Can one of the admins please lock this topic?

#166946 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

Alright since everybody was harrassing me about my nf thread, I'm going to post here.

This is my NF. I painted it and coupler modded it. I posted a topic about what colors would look good with the orange, and it didnt work out. So I got to thinking, a blue and orange NF would be sick. So I did it. And I believe it does look sweet.
Here it is uncocked
Posted Image
Here it is "Cocked, Locked, and Ready to ROCK!"
Posted Image
Here is the gun with the barrel detached.
Posted Image
Here is a view of the business end of the gun. As you can see, I put some blue craft foam on the plunger to match the paintjob.
Posted Image
And this is what I see when I bust a cap in some fool's ass.
Posted Image

EDIT: Fuck, nobody says anything positive, I just got flamed for having too big of pics. WTF!

As you can see, I'm not TOTALLY done, because I still have to paint the laser casing, dart holders, and battery cover. But other than that this baby is DONE!

#166953 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 06 August 2008 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

Thanks, at least I know now I'm not hated by everyone here.

#167073 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 07 August 2008 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

First of all, when did I act like a whiny little girl? I said "at least I know not everyone hates me on this forum." I never said anything that sounded like a little girl. In fact, YOU sound like a whiny little girl when you say "Dude, why are you posting a mod you did in the modifications section? What the fuck are you doing douchebag? Never post a mod you did to a gun in the modifications section!" See how fucking stupid it sounds? That is pretty much what you said. Now that I'm done, whats your comeback?

#167080 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 07 August 2008 - 10:29 AM in Modifications

Seriously. I said could one of the admins please lock this topic.

#167105 Nitefinder Mod.

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 07 August 2008 - 12:39 PM in Modifications

I'm gonna get banned. Dammit.

#173486 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 29 August 2008 - 07:47 PM in General Nerf

My first would be a firefly, then i broke it and got a NF.

#173526 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 29 August 2008 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

This is my new primary, my LSB. I got this gun at Gordman's for like $7. I love it. The rockets that come with it go all the way across my basement, and it's still going up when it hits. I also added an at2k handle to the front and made it a "hair trigger" by putting a layer of lexan on the trigger.
Posted Image
This is my gun in all it's glory.
Posted Image
with the cpvc barrel attached
Posted Image
without the barrel (for the rockets)
Posted Image
This is where I attached the AT2K handle. This increases stability when aiming incredibly. I will do this to every LSB I get.
Posted Image
And this is the gun with a rocket on the barrel.

I havent even gotten to shoot any micro's because my walmart must have quit carrying streamlines cuz I can't find any.

#173529 Breathing Plastic Dust/fumes

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 29 August 2008 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

Not to be an ass or anything, but this should be either off topic or general nerf. Not Modifications

And I never wear a mask when I sand, so I guess its fine. The only time I've ever even been careful when sanding was sharpening/balancing R/C boat props, which are made of berylium(sp?) copper, which is toxic as hell.

#173539 Breathing Plastic Dust/fumes

Posted by Mxer4life369 on 29 August 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

When I paint, I go outside.
People who paint guns inside are what I consider dumb. (no offense anyone).
Outside, you don't even need a mask or anything.
Also, my mom would kill me if I painted inside.