Nitefinder Mod.

My Paintjob. (No Writeup)

31 replies to this topic

#1 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

This is my NF. I painted it and coupler modded it. I posted a topic about what colors would look good with the orange, and it didnt work out. So I got to thinking, a blue and orange NF would be sick. So I did it. And I believe it does look sweet.
Here it is uncocked
Posted Image
Here it is "Cocked, Locked, and Ready to ROCK!"
Posted Image
Here is the gun with the barrel detached.
Posted Image
Here is a view of the business end of the gun. As you can see, I put some blue craft foam on the plunger to match the paintjob.
Posted Image
And this is what I see when I bust a cap in some fool's ass.
Posted Image

As you can see, I'm not TOTALLY done, because I still have to paint the laser casing, dart holders, and battery cover. But other than that this baby is DONE!

Questions? Comments? Flames?
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

Does the craft foam on the end of your plunger help ranges?

A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#3 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

I Bet that was sarcasm, but no, I don't believe so, and ranges are mid 50's low 60's.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#4 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

No I was not being sarcastic, the craft foam could of had an affect on the ranges.

A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

Eh. We have a thread for paintjobs here. It's been going on for over three years, and there are tons of NFs in there. 1450+ replies.

Not a bad paintjob though. Did you clear coat it? It looks a bit glossy. Clean though, except for the front a tad.

Are those ranges flat?
Teehee.

#6 Brunta

Brunta

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Not bad. It's probably not a color I would have chosen, but it looks pretty good. The one thing I would add is some detail. It looks a little plain.

#7 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

Yeah I know about the paintjob thread, but I wanted my own topic.

I did not clear coat it. I had to get gloss blue, or else I would have to have an almost black blue. So it's gloss blue.

EDIT: I also would like to put some orange highlights on it. Like you said, Brunta.

Edited by Mxer4life369, 06 August 2008 - 09:55 AM.

GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#8 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

I use craft foam to make my guns not as loud. I think thats why he did it.
Truce.

#9 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

You should paint the dart holders and battery cover orange to have some more of your accent color.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

This really should have been in the modification/paintjob thread. It's better than some of the nf's I've seen painted, but there is really nothing special about it. It's an nf with the typical mods and a plain paintjob. You can't post a thread for every mod that you do.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

LLama boy, that is exactly why I did it. but it doesnt work too well.

Bartel, thats what I'm thinking of doing, thats why I said its not finished. I have to go to Wally world today and buy some orange.

Slowguitarman, that really made me cry, I thought it was special...
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#12 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

Are you serious? I really hope you're joking. I didn't even say anything bad against your mod, I just stated that it's a painted nf with the typical mods. If you look around this site, I bet you'd find at least 100 painted nf's with the typical mods. Don't take things so seriously.

#13 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Which paintjob here is more special?
Posted Image
(i'll give you a hint, it's not yours)

That is a very nice paintjob. Yours is fine too. Direct threat, however posted on the mod/paintjob thread.
Yours should be with it.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#14 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

That was uncalled for.

Slowguitarman, I was joking.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#15 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

Bobofan, I think you stepped a toe over the line there..
But Maxr4Life37, (or whatever the hell your username is :ph34r: ) that is a very nice paintjob, although a little bland. I would add some accents to it. Maybe a bit more orange, like on the dip in the handle, or the battery cover. But I agree with the above posters. This really should be in the Mods/PJ's topic. Take a look through most of the pages in that thread, and see some painjobs. Maybe you'll get some inspiration.
And if you don't know where the Mods and painjob thread is, it's pinned in the modifications forum.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#16 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Are you serious? I really hope you're joking. I didn't even say anything bad against your mod, I just stated that it's a painted nf with the typical mods. If you look around this site, I bet you'd find at least 100 painted nf's with the typical mods. Don't take things so seriously.

Bare in mind this is also the douche bag that couldn't be bothered to look thru the paintjob thread for ideas on how to paint his NF. And so instead started a new thread to ask everyone what color he should paint it.

So yeah Mxer.. Don't post a thread about your gun unless you are doing a real write up. No one cares if you painted your NF blue. Really it is boring as hell. You should have taken the suggestions and painted it pink.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#17 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

BlackSunshine, it never fails, you have to wreck my damn threads. I know I should have posted in the M/PJ thread. But I didnt. So drop it.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#18 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

Your threads are wrecked before they are even posted. Why don't you just follow the common activities of the forum and stop thinking you are special. Sorry if I wreck your threads by posting the obvious. If your threads are wrecked that easily then perhaps that is fault of your own for making such weak ass topics.

Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time typing.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#19 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hey Black, let him go. With his attitude, it will lead to a spectacular banning. I'm really hoping for either Vacc or Omc to do it. I laugh so hard when those to are droppin hammer. So Maxfactor or whatever, keep up the good work!
Go FUCK yourself!

#20 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

DUDE. It's MXER. Get it right. OK. MXER=Motocrosser. Get it right. Please. OK. Can one of the admins please lock this topic?
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#21 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hey everyone, stop being douches! Didn't Kuhlschrank JUST post a topic about this? You're all ganging up on Mxer just because he posted his mod because he wanted people to see it. Haven't we already agreed that it is okay to do this, that the Modifications forum isn't just for writeups and questions? When I posted TWO mods with no writeups just to show them off, nobody flamed me! Granted, my mods were new and contributed a bit more than this, but this was still legitimate. At least it proves that this guy is good at modding and painting! Geez.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#22 Mxer4life369

Mxer4life369

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Thanks, at least I know now I'm not hated by everyone here.
GO OKLAHOMA SOONERS!

#23 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Nobody said that they hate you. You're too freaking sensitive. I just stated that it was plain and should have been in the mod/pj thread because it has nothing special about it. I doubt anyone hates you unless you keep whining that everybody hates you.

#24 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

Thanks, at least I know now I'm not hated by everyone here.

No one hates you. Not yet anyways. It's just you seem to think you are special and don't need to follow the general eddiquette of this forum. When this is brought up rather then taking the suggestions to heart and trying to conform, you get all indignant and act like a whiny little girl.

And now see what you've done. Now I have to find Uber's posts and flame him. damnit.
\
Edit- I think I found those two posts and the difference is they were of actual mods that are somewhat "inovative" or at least not just pictures of one of the most basic general guns with a most basic of paint jobs.
Those mods sparked discussion. There is not discussion to be had here about this gun because its nothing that probable 98% of the forum has done themselves already.

I have tons of guns I've modded and painted. But I don't open a thread for each of them. If I want to show it off I post it in its proper place.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 07 August 2008 - 01:19 AM.

#25 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:03 AM

don't take this as any offense towards you, but the plain blue and orange just doesn't look that cool. infact it looks just like a first gen stock colors...
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users