kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57337 Rototrack Broken

Posted by kickass jb on 12 June 2005 - 02:21 PM in Modifications

I don't have any pictures, but after doing the mod for it on Nerfworld, I put it back together, shoot it, try again and SNAP! I opened it up and where the plunger shaft connects to the back piece of the plunger (the little thing that goes over the spring) snaped and there is a hole there now. I tried crazy glue, hot glue, melting plastic on top of it to try to bond it back together, nothing worked. Any other ideas?

#57300 Nite Finder Better Stock?

Posted by kickass jb on 11 June 2005 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

I know about the forces and cross sections and what not, but I don't know how to apply that to what the best length would be?

#57279 Nite Finder Better Stock?

Posted by kickass jb on 11 June 2005 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

Speaking of barrel length, I remember a thread or article on here that had a formula or something you could use to calculate the length of your barrel based on you plunger tube and barrel width. Searched around here and on NHQ but I guess I was typing in the wrong things because I couldn't find it. I'm trying to find out a optimal length for my NF as well because now that I have a shit load of CPVC, I'm taking out the crayola.

#57168 Tek 6 Single Barrel Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 10 June 2005 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Heres the two guns. They are relatively the same as you can see. I have two tek 6's and I think I am going to turret mod one for close combat rushes and single one now because of those ranges!!! Pretty unbelievable indeed. I will prolly use PETG instead though since I don't have any brass.

#56817 Buxx Bee Toys

Posted by kickass jb on 06 June 2005 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

I bought two tek-6's at walmart, anyone know if they are any good? Also, are the tek-10's any better

#56428 Plz Help! Mavrick Not Working

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 10:08 PM in Modifications

Yea, chances are there just isn't a good air seal. It happened to me to. I tried the whole hot glue thing as well as the FBR to bridge the gap. I'm hoping for some copper/brass/PETG that will fit my darts to stick nest in the barrel so I can glue the cap to those barrels. Anyway man, good luck and if you get it to work let me know.

#56403 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Seem to know what your talking about, any idea how to open it up, I don't really want to hack saw it unless I have to...

#56386 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

Option A didn't work, guess I'm stuck with B. Any ideas how to get it open? and where can I buy o-rings, home depot right? If so what section? And I should use epoxy to close it back up again right?

#56380 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

To check for leaks I put whole thing under water and pump it right? if so, how do I get that huge yellow thing off?

**EDIT** I put it in a bucket of water and when I pumped it it was fine but then when I pulled back on the metal rod, the air (bubbles) came out of the place where the rod slides out from... Not sure if this is the check release valve or whatever, but that's my problem.

#56373 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 02 June 2005 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

It's never been modded, I openend it up and pulled the trigger and did it physically with my hand as well, I can see the rod come back and the valve opens, but there is no air in it?

#56334 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 June 2005 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

I tried to mod it but when I pulled it out of the old bin and pumped it, it worked because I could feel the resistance on the pump but when I went to fire no air came out? HELP.

#56202 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

Airsoft, are those darts the stock ones reglued or are they actually orange stefans?

#56188 Single-barrel At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Why didn't you just save your money, buy a AT2K and single that then wait for when you can get PETG? That's what I did. Oh well, everyone has their own ideas and opinions. I won't be doing your mod but I'm interested for when your pics are up.

#56146 Sm1500 Strange Fact

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

Nerf monkey say you were right, then technically when I only used four pumps wouldn't I get even LESS range because its letting lower air pressure slower as well?

#56136 Sm1500 Strange Fact

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

I CPVC modded my SM1500 (plan to have 2 CPVC barrels and 2 PETG barrels in the future) and I range tested at different pumps and I found that after four pumps, the range actually decreased for every extra pump (up till 7, when I stopped) that I did. Just thought the added air pressure would make it go farther but guess I was wrong.

#55958 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by kickass jb on 29 May 2005 - 02:25 PM in General Nerf

Bishop I don't understand about your pumps being angled up because mine are straight, and I wasn't using your pump as a gauge, I was using how that line on ur floor went with the indent area in the gun and came out the at the same level. But hey, if you just want to prove us all wrong and not take our advice, go play, have fun....and miss.

#55895 Eab Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 28 May 2005 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Ranges are without banding or spring replacement (so very minimal for its potential)

Micro: 50ft avg
Mega: 42ft avg

Shot six darts with each, and took the mean average.

p.s. I should be getting a spring for it in a week or two so I will update then as well if someone with a spring replacement hasn't already.

#55837 Eab Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 28 May 2005 - 10:01 AM in Modifications

This is a little something I tried out and it works. This mod will let you shoot both micro stefans and mega stefans from it. First off, follow Yakman's mod and take a piece of 1/2" pvc and glue it/tape it to the o-ring piece of the stock barrel. then put a coupler on the end that would be coming out of the gun and make it so that it stops JUST at the point where the larger stock barrel stops, and glue it in center. So now what I did is I cut two 5" pieces of 1/2" pvc and shoved 5" of cpvc down one of them. So now whenever I want to fire megas, I just stick the mega barrel (pvc) in the coupler and go, and when I want to fire micro stefans I just put the micro barrel (cpvc) in the barrel and go. Have fun.

If you need pictures let me know and I should be able to get them up in a couple of days.

#55782 CPVC Or PETG

Posted by kickass jb on 27 May 2005 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

I myself am undecided because I don't know if one out performs the other if the are the same. Specifically, I'm looking for what to use on a SM1500, NF and Rototrack chain mod. I know brass would be better for some but I cannot acquire any.

#55722 Machine Gun, Part 2... And Other Mods

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face.
~Halfling

The who in the what for how many cookies?

Dude, great saying.

And Phantom, I believe Halfing said it to show how astonished he was about the mod(s).

#55696 At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

I am doing cx's petg mod on it soon once I get the PETG and that little middle pieve in the center of the turret seems to be missing (?). I am planning on putting this little wooden dowel that I have in it's place thats about the weight of balsa wood but more rigid. I was hoping be able to attach the pieces of stock barrel (the stabilizers for the PETG) on that. My question is, when attaching the wood to the plastic (for both stabilizers and base) should I use plumbers goop or epoxy?

#55694 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 04:24 PM in Homemades

Depending on your bandwith, it'd probably be cheaper to just upload it as a torrent.

#55693 The At2k Or 3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

Damn Canada, all I have at TRU are nf's and mavs ;) not even the N-strike. I really wish they had rf20's there.

#55680 Machine Gun, Part 2... And Other Mods

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Dude that RB mobile mod is amazing. I have an Rototrack (don't think there is an abbrv for it) and I'm trying to find a way to make a homeamade chain for it, no luck so far.

#55646 Newbie To Nerfing

Posted by kickass jb on 25 May 2005 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Off topic I know, but talio why not single barrel an AT2K if your using micros? too much velocity? I have 2 unmodded and one quad and I was thinking of singling one with CPVC, or would it turn out too powerful?

#55584 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

I'm using your floor tiles and how the gun runs along them, your barrel seems to be tilting up my friend.

#55571 Good Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Wheres that mod that gives it a bigger air tank? Is it on here or NHQ? I searched for it but didn't come up with any results.

#55526 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by kickass jb on 23 May 2005 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Talio, got a good point there. It was good enough for me to download, but not pay to see. Anyway, I'm off to watch Lucas' real great movies....**music** INDIANA JONES!

#55420 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 22 May 2005 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

Unless you live in the middle of the desert you should have plenty of stores that carry springs of all sizes. I got my spring for my NF at True Value Hardware, so if you have one of those near you try there. It shouldn't be a problem, every hardware store I've been to has springs, I don't see what you mean that they are too small. Just go to your nearest one and look for them rather than calling.

Also aren't most screen door springs stretch rather than compression springs?

They were too small because they wouldn't fit over the plunger and they were only like 2" long.

There is too springs on the screen doors, one that stretches and pulls which compresses a compression spring.

And no. There is no True Value in Ottawa :(

#55414 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 22 May 2005 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

I have also found out that my spring (the new EX-3 version) is too weak. I've called every hardware store in the city ( including Home hardware, Rona and Home Depot) and they all carry springs but they are too small. I picked up one for a screen door kit but it was WAY too powerful. Does anyone know a good place where I might find one, preferably NOT online.

#55391 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 21 May 2005 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

I took out both air restrictors but this mod is supposedly supposed to give it a good range, I was just wondering if my barrel was too long of if someone who did that mod could point out something I did wrong or didn't do at all. Crayola is just a temporary solution because no place in Ottawa sells brass piping so I'm waiting on either BW to email me back or I find a good place on the net that ships to Canada.

#55388 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 21 May 2005 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

I modded my NF tonight and did the crayola barrel with pvc over it to stabilize it. The total length of the barrel is about 5 inches from tip of the marker to the end of the overlaying pvc. I'm only getting about 40' which I can do better with the stock version witht the pole removed. People had said the mod should give me around 60'. Is the barrel too long? is something done wrong?

#55289 Well..crap

Posted by kickass jb on 19 May 2005 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Yea I had the same thing happen to me if it's what I'm thinking. The orange cocking part itself (not some brace or guider) snap, on both of the cockers. Still broken to this day :ph34r:

#54961 Straighting Stefans

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

Yea I believe it was CX who told me his way and I've used it ever since. I just bought about 100' of 1/2" PVC and shoved the 1/2" FBR in there and toss it up in the rafters of my shed. The PVC is tight enough to straighten them but not tight enough to get it stuck. So after making my original amount of darts, I just take down 10' at a time as I need it. Out of all the methods I've tried (hair dryer, dryer, my hands, cold water, nailing them tight, hanging them with weights, and PVC) PVC has worked the best all around.

#54950 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

So in other words, remove that middle connecting piece altogether? Because when I tried to do that, the two pieces have the same diameter do did you just glue/tape it together?

#54938 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

I think he means he made it so all is left is the outer ring, but don't do that because then the plunger has nothing to stop on, and it could lead to the death of your gun over time.

Edit: He beat me to it.

But if I did leave just the outer ring, when the plunger moves forward wouldn't it hit the ring, giving it something to stop on?

#54935 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

#54928 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Thanks, made that easy enough. When I tested it before and after, there wasn't much difference in range. Did I do something wrong or is there a reasonable explanation for this?

#54925 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Now I checked the mod on here but it didnt show much about the air restrictors. I have the new ex-3 (don't know if they are any different) but I cut off the peg in the barrel and am wondering do I take out the air restrictors on both piece (the one with peg and the one connecting that piece to barrel)? because I don't want my darts falling into the plunger tube.

#54847 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 14 May 2005 - 08:49 AM in Modifications

Yeah your right I don't really have the time (or understanding) to set up a test like that. I read it and understood how the ratio's and all the forces and volumes and such but I didn't really get how that was supposed to help me pick my barrel. Like looking at all the barrels I could be using, which parameters should be met for the ideal barrel? i.e. dart leaves barrel once plunger is done or what not. Hopefully with the parameters I need in my head I should be able to get the rest done by myself.