NJNerfer's Content

There have been 68 items by NJNerfer (Search limited from 18-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68794 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by NJNerfer on 04 December 2005 - 08:32 PM in Homemades

music wire = hobby store. or thats what it said in the right up for the FAR which used the same stuff

#52615 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 16 April 2005 - 07:26 AM in Homemades

ok, bolt will have to back me up/ correct me on this because i havent built it and he has. but i have (i think) i very good understanding of the guns design.

within the bolt (as shown in the pics) is a piece of 1/2" coupler with a piece of 1/2" pvc set in it. This is what the shell makes contact with. Drilled into the 1/2" coupler is a small hole, in this hole is placed a penspring and your ejector rod. a pin keeps this rod in place, a slot is cut through the rod and that is where the pin goes. oh yes, when you take the bolt and look down the front of it. the ejector is on the right. now on the otherside of the bolt is a piece of pvc with a hooked portion on the end. see pic

Posted Image

now when the bolt is fully forward and the shell is in the chanber, the ejector is fully depressed. but when the bolt is drawn back, the ejector pushes the shell out crookedly (sp? real word even?) the shell is pushed against that hooked pvc peice and flung out of the bolt.

if you could watch the videos it is clearly shown... this is as best as i could describe it in words alone.

#52581 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 15 April 2005 - 04:28 PM in Homemades

off topic just a bit: is bolt's site down because none of his pics are loading anywhere...

EDIT:crap just realized i double posted. someone delete this please...

#52578 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 15 April 2005 - 04:23 PM in Homemades

he used a normal power spring. maybe the people using an xtra power spring will see a difference. i am still buying all the materials so i wont know for a while...

#52488 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 14 April 2005 - 01:48 PM in Homemades

thank you very much greek. sdi 21 pvc is at lowes...

#53547 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 26 April 2005 - 02:11 PM in Homemades

From what I have read, not that many people are making "clones". But yes, I am not sure any could outmatch Bolt's.

#52420 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 13 April 2005 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

having a problem finding 200psi pvc in my local home depot and lowes... anyone know where to get this stuff? or i might just go to a plumbing store and see if they have it...

#53126 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 06:45 PM in Homemades

Alright, I have been considering making several magazines for this gun but I realized I do not have the type nor the number of springs to do this with the current design. Therefore I decided on a gravity fed clip with a side mounted scope. Making this will be much easier (I hope) than with the spring as i will (hopefully) be able to fit a few more cartridges in there. The only problem I can think of with this design is that with the mag being so long it would be awkward. I might shorten the mag, but this will be fine since I plan to build multiple mags.
Changin the design is not hard at all. I also hope to fit detachable bipod on the barrel, more for looks than purpose. The bipod will most likely have a tightening screw mechanism. I got this idea from my dremel platform. Any questions and I will be happy to answer.

EDIT: Just realized as I was fooling around with pics and drawing the gravity fed that if I am to do this I will need to get rid of the top cover and move the bolt action spring to the bottom. May prove difficult...

#52977 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 20 April 2005 - 04:29 PM in Homemades

This is a little off topic:

For all of you making this gun and trying not to buy so much. I have found a material that can be used in place of the music wire. It is the wire from a coat hangar. Just as strong (stronger maybe?) and easily bent with pliers.

I have also come up with a detachable bipod that can be used with this gun. Since the bipod would be to bulky with the mag on, I have also come up with a mag well cap. Sketches will be up as soon as i make them and scan them onto my computer.

For the mag well cap there is really nothing to draw. It is litterally a second mag without the spring and very very short. If you dont understand I will try and make sketches.

#52902 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:49 PM in Homemades

It may very well compress to three inches. But unless I am hugely mistaken, you only need it to compress to four and one half.

#53211 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 06:04 PM in Homemades

Yeah action spring moved and then I would move the vertical foregrip closer to wear the mag used to be to ease up on the awkwardness. Still in the designing stages, I am beginning to veer away from it. As soon as I get all the necesary materials I will make my final desicion. I just want to change up the design and put my own personal flair on it instead of becoming a "Bolt clone".
Most likely I will trash the mag altogether and make it a loser type rifle. I have a design for a colapsable stock. I got this idea from a Gi-Joe gun that I found lying around. I would simply take a rod of pvc and stick it out the back of the gun. Over it I would slide the stock. Then I would make a catch mechanism towards the end of the pvc that is covered and wallah. A stock than can be lengthened for losing and shortened for close combat.

#52643 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 16 April 2005 - 05:24 PM in Homemades

in my opinion that would be making a great bolt action overly complicated.
it would be bulky since you'd have to make room for the extra trigger and the tank

#52329 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 12 April 2005 - 01:54 PM in Homemades

i believe that in an earlier post bolt said around 20 bucks (main spring not included)
so when you add the spring it is around 30 ~ 35...

#52342 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by NJNerfer on 12 April 2005 - 03:55 PM in Homemades

where did you get the carbon rod? a specific store or off the internet? just curious...
and ditto for the music wire...

#51926 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by NJNerfer on 08 April 2005 - 01:06 PM in Homemades

I am absolutely astounded at the downright awesomeness of this gun.
This is the truth: I joined nerfhaven forums just to post this.

I was wondering if you could list all the different pvc sizes and lengths needed to make this gun.

No gun has ever gotten me this excited ever! I think I am gonna pee my pants...
If you post any more pics of this beast I am going to have to start wearing a diaper.

Also, I was wondering if you ever considered making multiple clips instead of reloading the same on over and over...

Posted Image

The excel file is here

It is not quite to scale but it should give you the idea

i cant really read the text well on this file and the link isnt working for me although i have excel. could you type out what the each color represents

#52885 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

Duce- Thanks for the info, I am definitely putting this gun on the top of my list.

#52901 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

Does anything more than the BBB need to be released...? :D

#52904 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 05:51 PM in General Nerf

Well if you have read through the entire topic before posting (and I suggest you do this) you would find out that the BBB is comparable to the crossbow, which is one of the best guns out there, range wise at least.

here is the quote:

The bbb is a classic nerf spring rifle like the x-bow. It as meant to shoot arrows which means that the amount of power it has is greater than guns made to shoot darts, this is very good. Its got a large plunger and nice big spring. I'd say that it's a bit tougher to mod than an x-bow but just my opinion. It's a very nice gun. Well modded it gets similar if not better ranges than an x-bow. They are not really sturdy and with age, the trigger becomes a bitch to pull. Also it sometimes jams in the cocked position, or at least mine does. But hopefully they will fix some of these problems. I would highly advise that you pick one up if you don't have one. They are rally fun to use. Definately one of the best ever.

#53210 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

Shattered Dreams is my new BFF

Ditto

#53116 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 21 April 2005 - 05:07 PM in General Nerf

Hopefully nerf has learned something from the past and will strengthen it up before re-release.

Edit:

but I love it, and yes, more than my crossbow

Sounds like an excelent gun to rerelease then eh?

#52851 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 02:10 PM in General Nerf

one word: YES

#52868 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NJNerfer on 19 April 2005 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

I'm not really familiar with the Big Bad Bow. Could someone update me on how good this gun is?

#52186 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 10 April 2005 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

alright i am a little confused with these springs from the ar-15

the Main Plunger Spring- this is the 15.00 one right?
i dont care about the action spring because i am using a mav one like i said...

#52071 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 09 April 2005 - 12:06 PM in Homemades

sry bout that

#52230 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 11 April 2005 - 01:54 PM in Homemades

I read that the writeup was up and i did a freaking dance. i love you man... or your gun if your sensetive about that kind of stuff...

#52059 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 09 April 2005 - 09:14 AM in Homemades

Ok I am going to try and compile a list of all materials needed. There are some I may be missing. I want to get everything together before I start on this. So here it goes...

1) 1 and 1/4" sch 40 pvc
2) 1" 200psi* pvc
3) 1/2" sch40 pvc couplers
4) 1/2" sch 40 pvc
5) the airsoft spring foundHere
6) Carbon Rod**
7) Balsa Wood

I dont know the other materials needed. I also dont know the lengths of the above materials, so any help would be appreciated...

* what does this mean?
** where can i buy this or what can i put in place of it

#52181 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 10 April 2005 - 06:10 PM in Homemades

thanks about the wood thing, that was one of my main concerns.
the bolt action spring greatly resembles a maverick cocking spring... i may take it out as it is not necessary to a great extent in the maverick, and also cause the mav sucks and i am fed up with trying to fix all of the air deficiencies...

#52083 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 09 April 2005 - 05:14 PM in Homemades

proformance(sp?).

Performance...

BoltSniper: the springs you used for the bolt action and trigger... are they found on the site you mentioned earlier as well? or is just the plunger spring on that site?

#52164 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 10 April 2005 - 02:51 PM in Homemades

boltsniper - on your directory of pics: are they all the pics you have or do you have more? if you do have more, i need any pics you can get me on the upper and lower recievers. thanks

#52165 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 10 April 2005 - 03:11 PM in Homemades

in case some of you have had trouble with the schematic. i have tried to interpret it and i think have had some success...

Posted Image

I hope this helps you. I know it helped me alot with bolt, ramp and plunger setup...

Some Questions:

What is the mag release made out of/ how does it work?

what exactly did you do the the T-Joint?

What kind of spring is the action spring?

What kind of spring did you use in the lower reciever?

What is on the end of the barrel that is a brownish/greenish color?

how did you make/ where did you buy the sight rail? if that is what it is...

the pin in the lower reciever holding back the plunger is carbon rod, and so are the pins holding in the action spring correct? can this bee reliabley replaced by wooden dowels? i seem to think the wood would break under the main spring's pressure...

what is the pink color in the lower reciever?

one more question: in the nf you can replace the o-ring with electrical tape, could you do the same with this gun?

more questions to come as i start building this monster of a gun... thank you in advance...

#52092 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by NJNerfer on 09 April 2005 - 06:33 PM in Homemades

arlight I have taken boltsniper's pic of the gun taken apart and tried to assess what all the parts are. correct me if I am wrong.

Posted Image

#68752 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by NJNerfer on 03 December 2005 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

wait a minute he said he made his barrels out of paper? what!?

#62092 Firefly Problems

Posted by NJNerfer on 16 August 2005 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

So from what I am reading I am going to guess that modding the turret alone will increase ranges? Are you guys using the stock darts or micros?

And did anyone besides me actually take the time to put on the glow in the dark tape? hahaha.

One last thing, has anyone thought of making the stock so it can extend? This would be better for those of us with longer arms haha. But seriously, this would be a very cool mod, I'm going to open mine up right now and see if its possible for one thing, and how long I could make it extend to for another.

#53234 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 08:22 PM in Off Topic

I play the world's sport, FOOTBALL

Sorry, I'm an American, to me its soccer.

#52680 Do You Recommend The Maverick?

Posted by NJNerfer on 17 April 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

i do not recomend the maverick, it is a peice of garbage in my opinion. and that is just MY opinion so dont bash me about it. i already read what everyone had to say about it being good indoors. but all around, it sucks.

#53226 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

Yeah I play some soccer and a little basketball and I can run a mile in 7 minutes flat 3 times in a row.

#52686 Blowguns

Posted by NJNerfer on 17 April 2005 - 02:32 PM in Homemades

does the copper work well? what kind of ranges do you get? i have heard that copper is one the wrst barrel materials so i have never tried it...

#52719 Airsoft Forums On Nerf?

Posted by NJNerfer on 17 April 2005 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

I am also a bit surprised at how civilized these guys are. Man, over at AR15.com there is some serious airsoft bashing going on......

apparently thats what they were talking about when they said the "real steelers"

and yeah they were pretty good about it. but i mean cmon, who could say a pc with a huge aritank attached looks bad?

#52731 Blowguns

Posted by NJNerfer on 17 April 2005 - 08:16 PM in Homemades

This may sound like a dumb question but I was wondering why anyone would need a silencer on a blowgun. Now the only blowgun i have ever had was when I was fooling around with a peice of 4' PVC before I cut it down for a mod but to me it sounded silent enough.

#53224 Fire Ext.

Posted by NJNerfer on 22 April 2005 - 07:05 PM in Homemades

Dying for the ranges here. If they suck than something must be done about that airtank.