Eightdotno's Content

There have been 82 items by Eightdotno (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#358658 Nerf Stryfe discontinued???

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 March 2017 - 11:30 AM in General Nerf

I can still buy stryfes from cosco for like $30, but that's too expensive I'd imagine for a stryfe. I think they discontinued the stryfe, but retailers might be just getting rid of the stryfes they still have.

#358676 Nerf Stryfe discontinued???

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 March 2017 - 11:27 AM in General Nerf

I just checked the Nerf Wikia and it lists the stryfe as discontinued.

#358693 Roughcut gear removal?

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 March 2017 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

I've had this idea in my head for a while now about replacing the gears in a roughcut with some kind of steel bar,
It's hard to explain but if anyone who has opened a roughcut (like me) then maybe you know what I'm talking about.

#358694 What to do with my longstrike?

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 March 2017 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

You could just put some longshot internals in it,or put a big blast tank in it.
I'm sure if you look up longstrike mods on youtube you might find something else you'd like.

#358712 Roughcut gear removal?

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 March 2017 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

I would, but sadly I no longer have my roughcut, thus someone decided ro take my unlabeled roughcut from an hvz game.

#358914 Roughcut gear removal?

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 March 2017 - 11:46 AM in Modifications

Also I was thinking of removing slamfire if that's possible, I looked at a picture of the slamfire mechanism, and that would affect the preformence of this blaster.

#358994 My strongarms cylinder pop out won't work.

Posted by Eightdotno on 03 April 2017 - 11:19 AM in Modifications

Does anyone know how to make this work, all I did is remove the dart pegs to make it compatible with stefans. It does pop out a tiny bit I'm guessing it's the air restrictor but idk I would prefer not to have to remove them. Here is the picture and yes I know that it does not have the barrel thingy. Thank you for whoever can help!

It is the air restrictor, if your going to remove the dart pegs in a revolver, you have to remove the air restrictor. It could also be a broken pop out mechanism, but it's probably the air restrictor.

#359018 My strongarms cylinder pop out won't work.

Posted by Eightdotno on 04 April 2017 - 11:26 AM in Modifications

You can pad the plunger head with some rubber I'd craft foam to prevent that though.

#359044 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 05 April 2017 - 07:09 PM in Homemades

I would love to commission one of these, but instead of slugs it fires elites because of the rules at the wars I go to, but I know that I would easily mess up my darts.

#359061 My strongarms cylinder pop out won't work.

Posted by Eightdotno on 06 April 2017 - 11:28 AM in Modifications

You have to pad the plunger tube and plunger head, otherwise yes you will break it

#359062 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 06 April 2017 - 11:33 AM in Homemades

I don't think the design would be able to fire regular elites. The design is made for slugs and stefans.

That's kind of what I said...

#359080 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 07 April 2017 - 11:01 AM in Homemades

Unless you have enormous basketball player hands, a full-length dart magazine would make a terrible grip. This design will only work with 1-1/2" length or shorter darts.

I do have enormous hands, so would it work?

#359081 Has Anyone tried a hyperfire/Stampede integration?

Posted by Eightdotno on 07 April 2017 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

Go for it, seems like it would make a beautiful blaster. the hyperfire is good, but where the batteries are makes it uncomfortable for me, I encourage you to do it, and maybe put an under barrel mount that isn't a shotgun or an airblaster.

#359318 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 19 April 2017 - 11:34 AM in Homemades

Wrap your hand around a standard mag now and try to imagine pulling a trigger with it like that. If that works for you, then yeah it could maybe work.

It wasn't the best grip, but yes I could do it.

#359337 What barrel to use?

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 April 2017 - 11:30 AM in Darts and Barrels

1/2 in pvc may work, I would recommend schedule 80 for its nice fit around the dart although schedule 80 is hard to come by unless you got to a special plumbing store. Pex pipe can also get a nice dart seal, but pex pipe is only good for shorter barrels because most pex pipe is a flexible tube.

#359338 Demolisher absolver

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 April 2017 - 11:34 AM in General Nerf

The easiest way to do that is to cut off the original demolished barrel material and hot glue a 1/2un pvc coupler in its place.

#359339 What was the first known homemade?

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 April 2017 - 11:42 AM in Homemades

By the title I mean the first war practical homemade. I was looking at the topic of the first nerf mod when this came to my mind, I would imagine it would be somewhat similar to a bow and arrow. I have not dabbled into the history of homemade to much,the oldest I know of is the FAR from 2005.

#359403 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 24 April 2017 - 11:28 AM in Homemades

I love the design of this thing, BUT, would it be possible to use grips from other blasters instead of using the mag as a grip? (Like maverick grips or strong arm grips).
OR would a homemade grip be more functional?
ALSO, is extending the magazine to fit more darts possible?

#359437 I recently got a supersoaker dartfire, any suggestions for this thing?

Posted by Eightdotno on 25 April 2017 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

Put some kind of air tank in it.

#359438 Highest Capacity Nerf Gun - 5000 Rounds! Slightly Impractical :P

Posted by Eightdotno on 25 April 2017 - 11:31 AM in Off Topic

I thought the gun was in the box and you where gonna take it out until I saw you pick it up.
I thought the gun was in the box and you where gonna take it out until I saw you pick it up.

#359439 How to clean up shell cutting?

Posted by Eightdotno on 25 April 2017 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

My cutting always turns out rough also, but I always just clean it up by using a BBQ lighter to melt the uneven space that I cut and then I press the edges on to a flat, cold surface, or on to patty paper, then I wait for it to cool down and then I just use a file and sand paper to clean up what's left.

#359503 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 27 April 2017 - 11:18 AM in Homemades

"The blaster has a grip that acts as the mag-well. Yes you can add the grip from another blaster so long as it will fit over the stock mag-well/grip.

And yes, you can make longer mags as long as you wind a longer spring."

How long can you make the mags?

#359505 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Eightdotno on 27 April 2017 - 11:43 AM in Homemades

I have no idea. But I suspect 22 darts is likely to be the ceiling of being reasonable in terms of mag dimensions and spring load.

What about a homemade drum magazine?
Is that a possibility?

#359514 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Eightdotno on 27 April 2017 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

You could go REAl old school and make a nitmav out of it, but you use a fire strike instead. You could also put a [k26] in it and pad the plunger head.

#359531 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Eightdotno on 28 April 2017 - 11:32 AM in Modifications

For me at least, foam padding works better but does not last as long unless you pad both the plunger tube and plunger head.

#359583 Brass breech apollo?

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 April 2017 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

I have a rival apollo, and I have experimented with brass and rival roulds on airblasters, I would like to bring that same idea to mag fed rival blasters, but I have never even attempted a brass breech, so can anyone give me some advice on how to make a brass breech?

#359630 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Eightdotno on 02 May 2017 - 11:35 AM in Homemades

What about that 50 round drum that Hasbro wanted to release with the stampede but never came out with? I think that we could base a 60+ round drum off that.
Also that patent on it might help with building a drum mag.

#359663 Air Tank for Alphahawk?

Posted by Eightdotno on 03 May 2017 - 11:26 AM in Modifications

Big blast tanks work really well, along with blastzooka tanks.
But there are many other tanks that work extremely well.1st gen panther tanks will make youe blaster hit 90 fps If modded right, but they are hard to find. So I would recommend a blastzooka tank.

#359664 Homemade Flywheel Blaster

Posted by Eightdotno on 03 May 2017 - 11:35 AM in Homemades

Why don't you use gears insteae, that way it's shorter, and you can put more power into it.

#359775 Rocket Racoon's blasters in vol. 2

Posted by Eightdotno on 09 May 2017 - 11:30 AM in Off Topic

Neither of those blasters have triggers, but rocket holds them like they do have triggers.

#359776 Screw Ports - How to reconnect?

Posted by Eightdotno on 09 May 2017 - 11:36 AM in Modifications

Can I get a picture of the problem, I have delt with messed up screw ports befor, the situation really depends on if the screws can go into the port, if the port is bent, or if the port is cracked.

#359804 Is This A Home.M Or A Mod?

Posted by Eightdotno on 10 May 2017 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

If it started out as a strong arm with the intention to mod it, then it's a mod.
IF it starred out as homemade inernals that needed a body, then it's a mod,
it's ONLY a homemade if any part of the strongarm isnt used mechanically.

#359805 Rocket Racoon's blasters in vol. 2

Posted by Eightdotno on 10 May 2017 - 11:36 AM in Off Topic

I actually asked someone in my town who makes props for indie films on what he rekons they used,he said and I quote " it appears they went down to their local goodwill and just picked up a bunch of random blasters to cobble together."
He also said that the first pistol is just a heavily painted nitefinder with 2 maverick pluger tunes on the front of it,
And the 2nd picture is either a retaliator or a recon with the magazine part of it sawed off and some pvc pipe put in its place.

#359806 Screw Ports - How to reconnect?

Posted by Eightdotno on 10 May 2017 - 11:43 AM in Modifications

I would suggest for this siuation, that you to saw off the broken marts that are stuck, drill out what's left, and then use some kind of bondo like material to make a new port.

#359916 Weird ammo I need to launch.

Posted by Eightdotno on 15 May 2017 - 11:17 AM in Darts and Barrels

I need a paper airplane barrel for my drain blaster, any ideas on how to build one?

And this is technically not off topic since paper airplanes are a dart, and I need a barrel to launch them.

#359918 Springers that can use hoppers

Posted by Eightdotno on 15 May 2017 - 11:33 AM in Darts and Barrels

My list:
sledge fire, dual strike, expand a blast, ERTL PAS, air zone quadshot, big bad bow, the origional longshot (if your confused about this look it up, putting a hopper on a longshot is a thing),and most the origional nerf 1995 crossbow.

#359956 Alternative options for Stryfe?

Posted by Eightdotno on 16 May 2017 - 11:26 AM in General Nerf

A trip to your local goodwill could yield some kind of flywheel blaster.

#359957 Springers that can use hoppers

Posted by Eightdotno on 16 May 2017 - 11:41 AM in Darts and Barrels

What exactly is the triple shot?

Airzone triple shot https://imgur.com/gallery/11wTT
This thing.

#359975 Weird ammo I need to launch.

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 May 2017 - 11:29 AM in Darts and Barrels

For a Drain Blaster, maybe you can find a small straw that could be inserted in the back of the plane. That way, the airflow is directly to the rear of the plane. But, a drain blaster exerts so much air that the paper would rip, or the plane would go flying like crazy.
Or, you could like flatten a piece of pvc and shove the plane into it?

I like the idea of using straws, but how would I attach them to the plane without adding to much weight?
And also silly, I need this for a paper based ammo war im going to in a few weeks.

#359994 Weird ammo I need to launch.

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 May 2017 - 09:42 PM in Darts and Barrels

You need a long, low pressure acceleration, or you'll just destroy the paper.

Also, this exists: https://www.youtube....h?v=J7K91g8yG_w

Where can I get this monstrosity?