Photo

Springers that can use hoppers

9 replies to this topic

#1 Spikedoggy

Spikedoggy

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

My question is as the title says, what springers can use hoppers? I don't want to use any homemade blasters, so no homemade blaster suggestions.

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Maybe a Tripleshot, but not many store-bought blasters have enough plunger volume to handle a hopper. A 4B can, though, but it's an air-blaster.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 Lasagna

Lasagna

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

PAS? But at that kind of difficulty (heard it's difficult) might as well build a SNAP. If you try to hopper a springer you will most likely need extensive mods and a modded wye, Brithop or maybe Zorn's Lemma's Optimal Wye. TL:DR probably not worth the effort.

#4 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

The tripleshot (if I am thinking of the same blaster) CAN in fact hopper with no modification besides removing the superturret and fitting it with a wye.  At least slugs and sillydomes.  BBBs will work with a minimized DMK hopper, but not a regular wye.  Old school bow and arrow and similar have the volume to hopper, but in some cases may need a little help with the spring power.  I'm pretty sure the Arrowstorm(s) can hopper, but not sure I actually tested.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 14 May 2017 - 11:56 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#5 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

Tripleshot/quadshot/handcannon can hopper if you just slap a wye on the front. PAS can also hopper as can the RRDG if you chop the turret off. Technically a modded xbow or Tbow can but those are both essentially homemade slapped inside their respective shells.

Personally I would use a tripleshot quadshot or handcannon, whichever one you end up finding. PAS is fun but the handle can be awkward to deal with if you throw a crazy spring in it. Also, the plastic on the handle and priming grip gets very slippery if you are using it at a war and are getting sweaty. Tripleshot is a very easy mod and they are a tremendous amount of fun and can be very competitive and much more comfortable to hold right out of the box.

Edited by thedom21, 15 May 2017 - 11:11 AM.

Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#6 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

My list:
sledge fire, dual strike, expand a blast, ERTL PAS, air zone quadshot, big bad bow, the origional longshot (if your confused about this look it up, putting a hopper on a longshot is a thing),and most the origional nerf 1995 crossbow.

#7 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Faux-Bow, no doubts. Hit hard with an RSCB, no strings, and a bad seal. Pretty sure it can take a hopper and pop through paper even with a Lowes FBR slug. Only homemades beat a Faux-Bow. Take my advice on that.

-Montymarks

sorry for how I was a year ago

#8 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Tripleshot/quadshot/handcannon can hopper if you just slap a wye on the front. PAS can also hopper as can the RRDG if you chop the turret off. 

These are the only ones I know of that reliably feed through hoppers. Almost all retail springers have too little volume to make it work.

#9 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

What exactly is the triple shot?

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#10 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts