ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#143878 Music

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

Um, the Chili Peppers..duh.

They're the best, end of disscusion

#143880 Music

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

"Weird Al" Yankovic forever. Of course, I don't listen to the songs he didn't write.

On the topic of him he remade a song of the Red Hot's and completely butchered it. Because of that he is lame, except for Ahmish Paradise. That was his only good song

#143884 Music

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 06:30 PM in Off Topic

"Weird Al" Yankovic forever. Of course, I don't listen to the songs he didn't write.

On the topic of him he remade a song of the Red Hot's and completely butchered it. Because of that he is lame, except for Ahmish Paradise. That was his only good song

What about "Smells Like Nirvana"?, or "Eat it"?, or "Fat"?, or "I'll Sue Ya"?, or hell, even "White and Nerdy", the anthem of most hardcore nerfers.

I guees he is kinda good, considering I went to one of his concerts, but that was because it was free at the puyallup fair.

#143898 Longshot 2k

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 07:55 PM in Modifications

Hey I’ve been searching these forums since November and have stumbled upon some awesome mods. After seeing Frost Vectron's Sawtooth mod it really inspired me, one problem, I didn't have a sawtooth. So I decided to try something similar with a longshot. I've searched deeply for an integration with an AT2K but only found a few with an AT2K externally modded on to a Longshot. Now I wanted to do one internally, my original plan was to do something like Dart Attacks front gun integration but just put an AT2K inside of it, unfortunately there wasn't enough space for that, but i still managed. I'm sure this mod has been done many times before but i haven't found anything with a write. By the way, this is also my 4th post and my first write up. Hope you enjoy!
The longshot has the original mods done to it which include Ar removed bbb spring added, and soon to come, The Inventor Guy's LS mod with it.

The first thing you want to do is cut of the bipod and the area near this:
Posted Image

Next gut out and sand down the front gun to the point that I did to the left.(This part took some time as there is alot to gut out. Be sure to do this to both sides of the gun) Although when puting in the air tank it is a bit tricky and may require some trial and error.
Posted Image

After you've gutted the front gun out do your basic mods you would do to the AT2K. This includes Ar removed and new barrells ect.. Although I didn't plug the pump, I'm not sure if you should do this for this mod.
Anyway you need to shorten your pump and pump shaft so that they can fit in the gutted part of the front gun.
Posted Image

After this drill a big enough hole in the part where you would pump the gun so that the rod from the front gun can fit in this.
Posted Image

Be sure to remove the goo guage.
Posted Image

If you already noticed and tried putting the part that cocks the front gun in through your pump and tried pumping, you would have noticed that it doesn't work too well. To fix this cut off the parts in the inside that stick out so that they are flush.
Posted Image

The next thing you want to do is shorten the front gun. From the size of the one on top to the size on bottom.
Posted Image

Now glue the pump shaft down in the gutted front gun, make sure that you have the maximum space so that it will pump with the least pumps and stays in when pumped!
Posted Image

Also glue down the air tank, this may take trial and error for where you would want to put this.
Posted Image

Make sure that the air tank is symmetrical(sp?) for the barrells. The pump shaft doesn't need to be.
After you put together the front gun, you'll notice you can't put on the AT2K barrels, well cut a little bit of this part off to accomadate the barrells, then glue them on to one side of the gun.
Posted Image

After this the top of the front gun isn't flush with the bottom of the longshot so cut off what is nessacary.
Before:
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

For firing the AT2K unit attach fishing wire and a key ring and make holes so that the wire goes through the longshot. Make sure it doesn't get in the way of the clip though!
Posted Image

Now that this is flush you can add the barrells and super glue or hot glue or epoxy the rotating barrels on. Then glue each side to the longshot so that you can unscrew the longshot and still open it up.

Finished:
Posted Image

I know that i used super glue to glue the gun on and I advise you to use epoxy or a much better stable glue to hold the gun.

Posted Image

You are now done and in Angels words "one step closer to being deified" Although this isn't even close to the types of mods Angel does.

Thanks to the admins for validating me, I hope you enjoyed my write up!

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Also any suggestions from people who have done many write ups?

#143937 Green Tactical Light Mod

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

This mod could be a great replacement for my mod if someone didn't have the front gun to a longshot or had thrown it out. They could do the undergun system mod along with this. Nice job!

Also, how was the tactical light before you modded it? I was thinking about getting it last time I was at Target.

#143941 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

This is my longshot 2k
Posted Image
It's a great gun that I made a few months ago, but I'm questioning myself as to replacing the AT2K with the awesome integration with a DTB

Oh and there's a dozen Major League baseballs to the right which I'm taking to spring training with me next week. It's gonna be wicked!

#143945 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

Here's my arsenal:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

First:
Spidey Dart Tag set unopened-saving for when I need it
Longshot AT2K-ranges 70-90ft and 60-70ft-estimation
Stock recon-new, better laser added-probally going to do chefdave's mod when he post write up!
BBB-new spring, brass barrel, ranges about 75-90ft
Stock Magstrike- Not sure what to do about this one yet, but it's very fun to play with.
PETG Nitefinder- ranges about 50-70ft
Stock AT2k-Saving for when I need it
2x-SMDTG
3x- Secret shot pocket blasters
Hornet internals-works fine

Not to mention my failed WIP Doomsayer
Also my Broken ls I can salvage for peices

#143947 The Vulcan

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 04 March 2008 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

Unless this gun sucks majorly, which I'll know before I buy because here in Washington we get the guns last it seems like, I'll most likely get this gun. Overall it looks fun and would be great for indoor wars, I can't wait for it!

#143952 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 March 2008 - 12:36 AM in General Nerf

[/quote]
WTF is up with that BBB stock?
[/quote]

Haha, that was the very first gun I modded, I didn't know much then and tried taping it on. I should probally just rip it off, but that's the gun I let my friends use and for some reason they like it.

I was wondering if anyone would notice, nice job, lol.

#144123 Cpvc

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 March 2008 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

Lowes had cpvc when I went there a while ago, although when I go to Home Depot and ask for cpvc they don't have it. I've found that the best places to get moding materials is local hardware stores, or at least the ones around me.

#144126 The Killing Of John Lennon?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 March 2008 - 05:45 PM in Off Topic

This movie's alright. If you want to see a great movie, see Cloverfield. I beleive it is still out.

#144130 Whats The Best Kind Of Sealant

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 March 2008 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Plumbers goop is definitely the best glue if you want an airtight seal.

About Plumbers Goop, what exactly is it's real name? As is brand and so forth. A while back when I went to Home Depot and asked several employees where this product was, they said they didn't have it and had never heard of it.

#144134 Whats The Best Kind Of Sealant

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 March 2008 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

Thanks, Peter, I'll be sure to try to find it at Lowes the next time I go there.

#144184 Spidey Dtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 07 March 2008 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

Ok guys, a few months back I bought a SMDTG set, and opened up one of the blasters, and did the normal mods to it. But, this gun is noticably harder to pump than the gun I have not opened up. Is this because I need to lube up around the pump? If so, I read that silicone based is the best and not to use Jigaloo slicone spray. Are there any exact brand name recomendations for my SMDTG?

Any help is appreciated!

#144235 Spidey Dtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 07 March 2008 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the input guys, I think I'll buy some silicone spray or grease.

#144268 Spidey Dtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 07 March 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

O-ring lubricant at the hardware store in the plumbing section. It comes in a blue container. You can see what the container looks like in the LNL video. Silicone spray lubricants have given me alot of problems.

I'll take your word for it and not get the silicone spray, and I'll check out that video for the lubricant.
Thanks.

Stop posting about a gun you don't have. Vegetable oil just makes it smell, and isn't worth the pain. If you pumped the plug, its going to be a bitch to pump. Unplugging it will help. Mine now has a leak because of pumping it too much because I didn't know how much to pump it. I'm trying to double barrel it, but things aren't working out.

I don't like the SMDTB's that much, they are ok for a backup, but who even uses a sidearm that much?

Um, if the first sentence was directed to me, I do have the gun. Also I didn't pump the plug because I'm not so sure about how to do that on this gun(I don't normally work with air guns). The SMDTG's are for an integration I'm planning as opposed to a sidearm.

For the record Captain, the Venom one does look way more badass then the Spider Man one.

#144277 Spidey Dtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 07 March 2008 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

Alright, thanks for the advice keef. Also, vegatable oil doesn't sound like the kind of item you would want to use in a nerf gun. That is unless you were cooking it. :D

#144334 My Rototrack Mod.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 March 2008 - 03:36 PM in Modifications

Nice to see you put up a mod with some pictures! Or at least what I've seen.
Not to sound stupid, but how does this gun work. I don't own one and haven't heard much about it.
Anyway, nice job!

#144357 Recon Ar And New Barrel Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 March 2008 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

guess what!!!
u can take the light thingy 4 da recon, take out all the internals, and stick a laser pointer in there.
as long as the lazr pointer has a .5-inch diameter, you an also put .5-inch pvc under the barrel of some guns and stick the laser pointer in there.
just grab some half-inch laser pointers, half-inch pvc, and you're good as far as pinpoint shootin :w00t:

there, i have now left my mark on the nerfin' world.
you're welcome

DMQ

"the only thing we have to fear is if the ninjas are coming"

"walk softly, and carry a big juicy steak."

Um, you might want to work on your writing skills. I'm pretty sure "u can take the light thingy 4 da recon" isn't correct. Also, use capitalization and avoid aim style spelling.
Oh and the most important thing is to read the Code of Conduct, which you obviously didn't. Sorry if I'm back seat moderating but you won't last long if you keep writing like that.

#144434 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 09 March 2008 - 01:21 PM in Off Topic

If this is for the Wii, do you like stand up and wave around the controlers like the other Wii games? Or is it like the old gamecube games where you just sit down and play it? Anyway, I wanna play this game, it sounds fun. Plus, who didn't like the old Super Smash Bros. games?

#144435 Counter-strike 1.6

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 09 March 2008 - 01:26 PM in Off Topic

Ah, Counter-Strike, that game was the shizznit. I just may have to start playing that again. Source that is not 1.6. Hey bpso86, have you been playing for a long time? Because I was in a clan back in the day and if you were in a clan mine might have faced yours.

#144439 Counter-strike 1.6

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 09 March 2008 - 02:31 PM in Off Topic

What's everyone's favorite maps on CS? Mine were always Office and Dust 2. Hopefully they didn't change these maps since I've played.

#144529 The Pulse Rifle

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 09 March 2008 - 11:34 PM in Homemades

Yeah, I agree with Qui'lan Fett, you should take off the fake clip, or at least make a better looking one. Also, what are the two barrels on the side of the main barrel for?

#144633 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 March 2008 - 08:39 PM in Off Topic

Yoshi all the way, he's always the best in the games. Which is my opinion.

#144645 Counter-strike 1.6

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 March 2008 - 09:04 PM in Off Topic

What's everyone's favorite maps on CS? Mine were always Office and Dust 2. Hopefully they didn't change these maps since I've played.

Steam/VALVe never really change maps in Source. Some things have changed in the past year or so though - for instance, you no longer buy ammo - it's included with the gun's purchase.

I don't really play seriously anymore, but my team went 9-1 ( I think - we had 9 wins for sure ) in CAL-O s5.

Dang, that's pretty really good of what I remember how good a few Cal teams I played against. By the way, do you, by chance remember your clan name? Maybe mine played yours a while back.

#144739 Counter-strike 1.6

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 March 2008 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

Do you know how many clans participate in CAL each season? I don't but it's a lot.

Team Serenity.

My clan wasn't bad but ussually the teams that we played and went to CAL totally destroyed us. Who knows, maybe we just played all the really great teams.

Mine was Zeo
Zeta Elite Ops

#144741 Maverick Not Shooting

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 March 2008 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

For future mods, i suggest you take a paper towel and put it right over your gun as soon as you open it.That way, it dosen't go far.

Wow, I never have thought about doing this, well all the parts flying out thing has only happend to me a few times but I'll do this next time I open up a gun.
Thanks

#144745 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 March 2008 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

Hey Bullskunk nice paintjobs! But if you want to see a great one check this one out!
Right Side:
Posted Image

Left Side:
Posted Image

Yeah, I know they're great, my first ever half paintjob like 5 months ago. Also my first ever mod. Please no compliments.

#144770 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 March 2008 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Ok.

#145478 Semi-automatic Nerf Guns

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 March 2008 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Well, chainblazers and arrowstorms are fun and all, but when it comes down to it, they just aren't that accurate. There are better guns out there, just try a few.

What would you reccomend Captain?

#145826 Who Wants Free Stuff?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 19 March 2008 - 03:38 PM in Off Topic

I'm pretty sure that most of those are just scams to get your information, so they can send you crap. I wouldn't do it.

#146024 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Anytime you get the chance, but one. Stock, it's not bad for indoor wars with the turret and good stock range. Modified, it would be good for indoor wars as well, but it's more of a novelty gun than anything.

Um, I think you want to buy one, not but one. Anyway, it's nice to see a mod about the air tech 1000. Good job deaddumpster.

#146025 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

The only problem with the Nitefinder becoming the Crossbow of the future is that they keep remaking it. There's the old edition and the ex-3. They also keep changing the colors too. As opposed to the Crossbow was one edition and one color.

My two cents.

#146032 Lancer

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

The only thing that may pop out your ass is a dump of fear.

I laughed quite hard when I read that after your original post. Anyways, nice job Angel, I wish I could make something that awesome.

#146034 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

The only problem with the Nitefinder becoming the Crossbow of the future is that they keep remaking it. There's the old edition and the ex-3. They also keep changing the colors too. As opposed to the Crossbow was one edition and one color.

My two cents.

So what you're saying is, they're going to remake it so many times that it won't be sought after at all because they are so popular as a basic nerf gun, that everyone has one. Even though that's pretty much how things are now already.

Um, sure.
If you think about it a majority of the people on this site have a nitefinder and even multiples of this gun.(myself having four) Which is why I don't think it will ever become as rare or "legendary" as a Crossbow.

#146035 Music

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

Hey shadowkid33, if you didn't get enough money for your strat, then you could get a Ibanez RG4 series one. I just sold one on craigslist for 250. It had a real nice tone to it, not as good as my strat or Les Paul, but still very nice for the price of it.
On topic:
The music I play is classic hard rock and anything Red Hot Chili Peppers. You can't beat the classics like Zeppelin, Nugent, and Floyd!

#146054 Easy Airtech 2k Barrel Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

I'll try this mod, I have a spare air tech 2000 laying around. Although, I have only one medium walled 12 in. piece. Do you think that having mod man's Petg will affect this mod? As opposed to OMC's.? Anyway, nice mod if the ranges are correct, but I think you are more than likely to get flamed for this.

#146055 #49 Spring In Ace

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I got mine from a guy named Mod Man on ebay for 2.00 dollars. I believe he still sells them along with much other mod materials.

#146057 Lancer

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 10:40 PM in Modifications

I understand that keef but why would someone have LED lights on a gun? My question is not why Forsaken put it there, but why the creators of GoW would in the first place. The only real reson I can think of is for cosmetic purposes and even then I don't think it looks that cool

Have you ever played Gears of War? I'll take that as a no. If you ever played, you would know that it is extremely helpful and saves your ass frequently.

Yes, I've played Gears of War and I don't remember the lights ever doing anything, but who knows it's been a few months since I've played the game.

#146060 Deodorant Clip Question

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

It could have potential but it may take a while to spin the wheel to advance the dart.
By the way, deoderent is actually spelled deodorant.