NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#76535 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 March 2006 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

Actually, I'd say Ryan's arsenal is worth about $1450. That may be a bit much; being realistic, if you were to sell all those guns separately I'd expect to get about $1350-1400, depending on who you sell to of course.

My arsenal is small as of now, my most often used guns include:

CPVC couplered Splitfire, 65-80' flat range
Maxshot, PVC couplered, 80-90' flat range with 8-10" nested CPVC barrels
Powerclip, painted, standard mods (banded bladder, clip mod), only one clip, 40-50' flat range
AT2k, PVC couplered, 80-90' flat range with 8-10" CPVC barrels.

I've got in my unmodded (and unused) arsenal:

Eagle Eye
Vortex Tornado
2 - Vortex Tornado X/2
About 4 good condition Vortex rings.

#60587 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 July 2005 - 10:56 PM in General Nerf

1x stock SneakShot
1x stock Eagle Eye
1x slightly modded NF, old style, painted flat black
2x destroyed NF (don't ask)
1x Titan, cooked in an oven (don't ask)
1x Titan, nearly stock, two "grating" restrictors removed
1x destroyed Monster Rocket (giant missile thing that can reach 100 feet max)
1x destroyed Scout (don't ask)
1x stock Scout
2x Hornets, stock
2x AT2K, one poorly Crayola/PVC singled, other one being modded
2x AT3K, one badly modded, other one stock
1x dollar store gun, Pop Dartz dart blaster knock-off thing, decent micro shooter
1x BnA, stock
1x Airzone Crossbow, Crayola barreled
1x Lanard Blast Bazooka, cross piece sawed off barrel, severe air tank leak
1x destroyed Mav (don't ask)
1x stock Mav
1x destroyed TTG (don't ask)
1x stock Whiptail Scorpion
1x stock Electric Eel
2x RF20, pegs removed from barrels
1x Vortex Tornado
1x Vortex Tornado X/2
1x destroyed RF20 (don't ask)
1x half-broke SM3000 yellow (don't ask)
1x Atom Blaster Reactor Ball Blaster, stock
1x stock Ball Blaster
1x Master Blaster
1x Laser Fang, stock
2x blowguns, mostly unused, made of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC

Plus about 5 other guns that I can't remember that are probably each worth about $5.00.

#61838 The "lazy Boy" Nitefinder Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 August 2005 - 02:04 AM in Modifications

Excellent. I'm curious as to how the brass fits into the stock barrel though, because the barrel is smaller than brass. It's a nice mod and it looks cleanly done (besides the tape). I like it, good job.

#50496 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2005 - 11:45 AM in General Nerf

I hope they rerelease one or two good primaries and one or two good sidearms. PC and SSII, baby!

#50298 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 March 2005 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

Whoa, an eight-shot, auto-rotating, bigger-than-an-NF's-plunger gun? Wow. So, we should be expecting something with a rate of fire comparable to or better than a Maverick, with two extra shots, good range and accuracy? Sounds like a better version of the Lanard Speedloader. Do you know how the seal between the turret and plunger tube is? Sounds awesome. Thanks a lot OMC and Talio.

#50514 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2005 - 03:36 PM in General Nerf

I'm not too worried about finding out what they are. Obviously we don't need to know if Talio and OMC can't tell us. Plus, if they say they're gonna floor us, they will. I was floored by the stock Hornet, so I'm happy with anything that can be modded to shoot well. I am hoping for the PC, though. I've never gotten my hands on one.

#170346 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 August 2008 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Nobody has mentioned Goldeneye 64. I just started playing it again.

Ocarina of Time is another favorite and I just played through it twice or thrice a few months ago but you can't beat GE64's multiplayer. Except maybe with Mario Kart 64's multiplayer. And Sonic and Tails on the Genesis was awesome too.

#111246 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 June 2007 - 04:36 PM in Nerf Wars

You Hot Piece of Manmeat.

#111260 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 June 2007 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

119 micros done and 120 megas on the way. The pre-war post whoring has officially begun!

#105507 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 May 2007 - 06:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Mine's 4:30. But I'll only be doing an hour or two of that both ways, depending on how shitty of a driver I end up being.

#111280 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 June 2007 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, now a serious post.

My guns and darts are, as Jordan so eloquently put it, fucked. Absolutely fucked in the asshole. My micros are shooting like shit out of all the guns I've tested them with - a Big Blast, singled 2k and quadded 2k. If I can't figure out a way to fix this I'm going to need to borrow some darts. Either that or just go autos and pistols (assuming these darts work in autos and pistols) all day. If nobody's got darts for me to use that's fine, but don't you usually bring about 400 Dean?

Shit.

#109292 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 June 2007 - 09:31 PM in Nerf Wars

This is the 10th DCNO and the 5th one I'm attending.

That means I'll have gone to 1/2 of them.

Do I get to be a team captain for a round this time? :rolleyes:

#111133 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 June 2007 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Two more days.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces.

Out.

#111670 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 June 2007 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome war. The first timers were awesome.

More highlights tomorrow when I'm not so wiped out (the back of my neck is crusty as hell and my arms look like they have dried semen on them, both of these being because of that shitty spray-on sunscreen), but these are a few of the ones I can remember now.

-Paul sneaking around and shooting me a few times when I wasn't expecting it...and raping me with his Splitfire, I think it was, near the hill that time.
-Baby Bear
-Papa Bear destroying the barrier (and having more energy than anyone else there)
-Saving Paul with my Fag Cannon III when Tim was chasing him down
-All the new people who said they would show up, actually showing up and playing. You guys rule.
-Hersh playing with Baby Bear on the monkey bars during a round

I threw a few "S words" out not realizing Baby Bear was near, sorry about that. He heard worse throughout the course of the day anyway. Fun war, everyone was cool, nice weather, good kickoff to the summer. Thanks everyone.

Oh yeah, when you get those stats done show me mine Eric.

#111858 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 June 2007 - 01:20 PM in Nerf Wars

...I like dead baby jokes.

#112004 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 June 2007 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Whammy!

#111830 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 June 2007 - 10:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome.

I'm glad you got the part where Papa Bear rushed me. Looking back at the video it looks like I missed; the dart must have bounced off his shoulder. That's also the only part of the video where I don't look horribly awkward and scared. ;)

And of course, the end was priceless. I can't tell you how glad it makes me that someone got that on tape. Thank you.

Also, Steve's shot on Josh (I think) around 1:15 was amazing.

Good stuff man, you got some good footage. Thanks for taking time out to take video.

#111704 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 June 2007 - 11:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow...looking at those stats I did pretty fucking bad. Like, my ratio is less than twice as high as RAMBO's. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, my most memorable moments (in no real order):

-Dave trying to anally diddle Dean on top of the hill
-Shooting at Dean when he was on my team (because he had his tape in his pocket)
-Shorty's crazy RF20
-Dodging about eight darts from said RF20 at the base of the hill
-Pulling off an amazing headshot on Dean when he was running about 80' away
-Saving someone (their name escapes me) on my team from Jordan by sneaking up the hill, crouching and shooting him in the chest with my 2k
-Shooting Jordan in a particularly vulnerable area from a way off
-Jordan and I losing a round and getting badly diddled because our team who we thought were dead had just decided to disappear into the Gauntlet and leave us there
-Steve showing me how fast his RF20 could fire after I asked him on Thursday
-Nobody wanting to buy my completely stock SSII
-The best range out of an NF I've ever seen :)
-Matt saying WHAMMY after several of his hits
-All the younger kids taking hits and not being pussies

That's about it right now I think. Happy Father's Day!

#111372 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 June 2007 - 12:10 AM in Nerf Wars

So its gonna be like a black market out there right? I wanna buy some stephans. 100 or more stephans is how much? Any offers?

-Note I'll be getting there maybe around noon or so cause I gotta leave at 2.

Just bring money and when people decide to start selling stuff ask about it. We do most of the haggling and shit right there.

#105312 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 May 2007 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I hope to hell that one day there are wars being held on the same day, in different locations. However, I don't think we've quite reached the point where that is entirely feasible, YET. But, it will be great to have enough people to do that in the future.

</offtopic>

ECNO was on the same day as that one in Minnesota. And the Deal war might be on the same day as PANO or CANO.

Anyways, 9th doesn't work for me, 16th does. The 17th doesn't, neither do the 23rd/24th or the 30th/1st.

#111287 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 June 2007 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

That's a huge relief. I'll still use mine in my Powerclip and NFs - I found out they shoot almost as good as my others in those - but if I want to use any guns that shoot more than 40' I'll use those. Thank you so much.

#102659 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 April 2007 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

First DCNO I went to was in late January of '06. Sixty degrees and overcast with some very light misting to keep us cool.

#102220 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 April 2007 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm 100% unsure whether I can make this or not. PANO is on the 23rd and CANO the 30th. I don't know if I could go to three wars in a row. Since the other two are less than two hours away I might be able to swing this war. I'll be able to do all of the driving to PANO and CANO since they're so close and they'll only be one day commitments, so I can probably make this DCNO.

I have nothing going on throughout all of June, so right now I'd say this right now I have about a 70% chance of going.

So as long as it's NOT the 23rd or the 30th I'm good.

This is by far the most active year of Nerf I've ever seen.

#101539 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 March 2007 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

My August is shot to hell already, that won't work. There's also Apoc in August and I want to go to that; I couldn't go to two wars 5+ hours away in one month. And Steve will be gone for a month starting in June so July's out. I say we have it in June.

#102618 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 April 2007 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure I'm down for this war. I'm going to Seattle on the 11th or something but I'll be back easily in time for DCNO and nobody minds taking me.

To keep it organized and to give a vague idea of what kind of turnout we can expect...

Definite:

CS
Evil
Groove
OMC
Sharpie
Rambo+Dark Shrimp (if you're going with Hersh)
Crank+Thirst (I'm assuming you're coming since you live 1/4 mile from Wayside)
Sourskttles+1
Myself

Possible:

Fireshot
YWNM
Flaming Homo
Shadowkid

I know it's early to start making lists but I just think it makes it easier and I like doing it.

#101533 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 March 2007 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Maybe I missed something but what's wrong with old Wayside? Just convenience for you Steve?

I get out of school on the 9th/10th/11th. I'd prefer if it was after I get out but if not that's fine.

The first one with the huge playground looked good; the rest looked like a lot of open fields, which is totally #0|\/|03|z071(.

#102620 Dcno - Summer '07

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 April 2007 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Lastmanalive and Flaming Hilt. I never get tired of that homo joke, sorry for the confusion.

#71878 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 January 2006 - 03:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, using the satellite view you can see people's houses. Pretty weird.

#71817 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 January 2006 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I joined too. So far I'm one of two in Ohio. Great idea.

#72186 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 February 2006 - 09:12 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't think we'll ever be able to get rid of the "any Nerfers here?" threads, but if more people sign up we can just point them to the Frappr, so it will make things easier. I put myself on there, but if you're within fifty miles of someone else only one marker will show up when you're zoomed out a bit.

#71930 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 January 2006 - 04:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't get this: how can it show your exact location within the town? I didn't give it my address or even my street, does it just randomly pick a house within that town?

#148357 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 31 March 2008 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

My first nerf gun was an original Nitefinder.I was about 6 or 7 when I got it. That's when I got into modding.

So you're 11 or 12 now? You're either full of shit or way too young to be registered here.

#51748 Double Barrel Nf Writeup

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 April 2005 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

There are so many writeups for the NF out there, but yours is the only double-barrel one I know of. Nice job, Thirst. Very original! Does it fit in your pocket easily? Looks very concealable. Very cool.

#145432 Semi-automatic Nerf Guns

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 March 2008 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

Semi-auto springers would have to be manual like the ones you listed, and Nerf (at least this is the way it seems to me) has shifted from making Nerf guns to making replica firearms that happen to shoot foam darts; the old guns that were manually powered and didn't even come close to resembling real guns are probably not going to be made again for a long time as long as Hasbro's sales keep going up with the newer 'realistic' guns.

Keep in mind that I don't know shit though, this is just what it seems like to me.

#145420 Semi-automatic Nerf Guns

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 March 2008 - 03:32 PM in General Nerf

What are you smoking?

Quick list of decent semi-auto guns:

Hornet
Blastfire
Big Salvo

There's also the Triple Strike, Splitfire, Mad Hornet and probably some more that I'm forgetting but those are either hard to find or shitty.

Also, 3B's aren't even close to semi-auto unless you mod them with a clip and breech and that's a real pain in the ass. And the only good Rattler mod I've ever seen is frost vectron's CPVC mod, which still (I think) doesn't achieve the same ranges as the first three guns I listed. Finally, Longshots are shit because they're hard to mod and very unreliable unless you put a lot of effort into making them work, and Razorbeasts are only worthwhile if you have a lot of chains, which again, would involve money and/or time that nobody really wants to spend.

One more thing. If you consider the Longshot "close" to being semi-auto, the Maverick, Recon, DTB and Firefly would be too, and all of those are just as easy to find and usually cheaper.

#67638 Nf Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 November 2005 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

You can't get 80' or even 70' from an NF with just the restrictors out. Remeasure your ranges.

Guns, I like it. Nice. Is the seal good enough that when you cock the gun it sucks the dart down the barrel? Mine doesn't, but I've heard people say that. Nice mod, lots and lots of pics.

#102358 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 April 2007 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

My possibility of going right now is about 50-60%. My mother is at least open to the possibility of it, now it all depends on logistics and what my dad thinks. If I do go it may not be on the same flight as the rest of the East Coasters; I think it would be much easier to fly to Newark (it's eight hours away by car) and then meet up with the rest of you guys and fly from there to California but my parents have a lot of frequent flyer miles they haven't used so my mother's thinking it may be easier to just send me straight out from Pittsburgh to Cali. I'm really not sure yet but I've taken the first step towards going.

EDIT: If I go it will definitely be a direct flight to California, so once I know what time you all will be getting to the airport out there I (or rather my parents) will book a flight that will get to the same airport silghtly later and I'll meet you there. It's still a huge maybe but I'm at least possibly going.

#104088 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 May 2007 - 06:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I can still most likely go and I have several options on how to get there:

Option A: I fly to Newark airport and Hersh or Rambo picks me up from there. This was Rambo's idea, I'm not going to assume you have time to do that Hersh but if you do this would be the best way for me to go.

Option B: I fly straight out to Ontario or Glendora or wherever a closeby airport is with my brother and we sleep separately from everyone else in a hotel. This option seems to suck ass and I'd really rather do it another way.

Option C: I fly to Newark at like 3:00 AM on the morning the rest of you guys are flying out and try to get there at the same time as you, and then get on the same plane that you're taking. If anything happened to the flight I was on to Newark (if it was delayed or something) and it arrived late, I'd be fucked. So this is obviously not a preferable option either.

I'll of course be sleeping at the same place as the rest of the East Coasters if I am on the same plane as them. I don't want to seem like a dick, but I'm assuming whoever's house that is will have room for one more person.

My parents are not very comfortable with me flying on a plane by myself, so unfortunately my chances of flying on the same plane or staying at the same place as the rest of the East Coasters are slim.

#102261 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 April 2007 - 04:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm interested in going. If the flight is free. Being only 15 I have no idea how my parents will feel about my flying out to California with you all and sleeping in some kid's house or something, so I have no idea right now. But I'll definitely try.

#104703 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 May 2007 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I read somewhere that this nerf war is going to be held in glendora, Ca. I was wondering if that was true and if it is when? I live in glendora so as long as its on the weekend i might be able to attend

We meet at 10 am. And until further notice, the location remains as follows:

CULLEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
440 N. Live Oak Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741

Read the goddamn thread, it's on July 7th.