So this isn't really a mod, but to be honest I couldn't figure out any where else to post it. So I am just going to put it here.
I was playing around with my new SMDTGs that I got last night and was trying to figure out how I could wear two before I destroyed their original form and came up with this system. It makes use of my large hands and decent sized for arm, but I think any one can do this provided they don't have a twig for an arm. It took me a while to get this to work again today when I went to film it cause I forgot how I had done it last night. But any way hope some one out there finds this helpful.
P.S. - Yes I am going to mod them, and as of right now they are all in the state of disassembly for modding. To the mods If I put it in the wrong forum please move it. I just didn't know where to put this.
Edit: Fixed my misuse of wielded to the right spelling and added pictures.
I used a Ĺ dowel rod. It was a really tight fit in the head and the spring doesnít have to much room to bounce around on. I also added a small headed screw to give the new plunger rod something else to keep it in place other then just being tightly rammed down plunger head.
Dremmel out the back of the gunís case so that the dowel rod can pass smoothly threw. Try to make it as small as you can and as smooth as you can, it will keep the spring from trying to go out the back of the case.
If you make the hole to big, like I did, then go a head and cut a really short piece of CPVC. Run it down the rod to the spring to help keep the spring in the case. You can even glue one to the back of the case to help even more.
I added a Double Shot spring which fit exactly. YOU WOULD BE VERY WISE TO REINFORCE THE CATCH if you add another spring. Mine broke after only firing it three times. So I really think it would be a good idea to reinforce even if you donít add another spring.
Then take a Ĺ PVC coupler and glue it onto the plunger tube, itís a snug and perfect fit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dremmel out the case as needed to fit the new plunger tube assembly and then glue it down so it wonít go any where.
It still didnít get great ranges with the stock spring but I added a double shot spring and got a little more range. About 35-40 feet I suspect. I only got off two shots before the catch broke though so I am not sure on the average distance.
One thing I did notice that with the stock spring you can hardly hear this gun when it goes off. It is really quiet at least as quite as an air gun if not quieter.
The last thing I wanted to do was have to chase all the shells that I am going to be feeding through the gun as soon as I get my Drum-Mag working. So here is the deflection system and shell catcher prototype that I have construct for my RFR. I got tired of chasing the shells all over the place in with just the little clip. I didn't even want to think about chasing over a dozen shells every time I used the gun. The reason its still a prototype is that I haven't constructed my permanent deflector yet, its still cardboard, it will eventually be made of sheet plastic. But until I get the actual drum mag side working it is sufficient. A total write up will be done when I get every thing finalized in the design. Any way with out further ado, the picture.
And the video of how it works. Just so you know the reason I had problems with the last three shells in the video was because my clip was jamming. Something I plan on fixing before I finalize the design.
I finally picked up one of these things the other day at dollar general.
Its basically a crappy knock off version of the Double Shot. It doesn't even shoot half the distance of the real buzz bee one. So I just thought I would warn people who were going to buy one. I have also opened it up, and it is basically the same gun with weaker springs and weaker plastics. The only real difference between the two guns is the crosshatching on the stock and the more rounded front stock/grip section.