I'm planning on working on a homemade air-powered nerf gun, and learning from my past guns that I've made, I am determined to make sure that this one does not leak like an ass. So anyway, on the previous two I have worked on (NerfHaven's Cutlass and Ball Valve guns) I did not use pvc glue primer and I did not give the pvc glue time to dry. Also, I used hot glue for the tubeless tire valve and my Cutlass's threadings leaked really badly. These are all mistakes that I know were stupid, but at the time I just wanted to jury-rig them to work so I could flex nuts with my friends. This time though, I'm willing to do a half-decent job (another year wiser I hope), and I have a few questions about the basic construction of a pvc nerf gun:
1. What is plumber's goop?
2. What's the best way to use pvc glue?
3. In case I decide to stick two endcaps together, how do I solvent weld? And what is solvent welding?
4. How do I cut a nice chunk out of the pvc for a breech without cutting the entire length of pvc into two halves?
5. How should a tubeless tire valve go on?
6. Are 12gram or 12 oz Co2 tanks a good Idea? Would Co2 freeze the glue, leak, or make the gun brittle?
7. Where could I get a holdable air pump that is lighter than a tire/bike tire pump and that I could mount on the foregrip?
8. Is the simple o-ring pull valve in the homemades aisle on this website a good alternative to a solenoid?
9. Are all these questions really stupid?
10. Any thing else I should keep in mind when I jump into it on sunday?
I haven't "Searched" with the search button on this site, but I have kept track of all the homemades' topics all the way back to page 7, and correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't that many write-ups that specifically answer all of these questions. I have though, kept an eye on some of the homemade ideas. Some of these questions I threw in although I have seen them mentioned though. Talio, please don't smite me.
blakmoose1234Member Since 23 Jun 2005
Offline Last Active Oct 18 2008 07:20 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 56
- Profile Views 1,588
- Member Title Member
- Age 27 years old
- Birthday November 8, 1992
30 May 2012 - 14:54