Jump to content


bdelong498

Member Since 12 Feb 2016
Offline Last Active Aug 04 2016 08:32 AM

Topics I've Started

Spinsanity Mod

30 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

The Spinsanity has been on clearance for around $13 for a while now, so I decided to pick one up and see what could be done with it. I opened it up, wired it for 4 IMR cells, and revved it up. Sure enough, the rubber portion of the flywheels began to expand outward from the flywheels and very quickly separated from the plastic portions with a pop. No damage, but I did have to be put back together.

 

I then tried gluing the three sections of the flywheels together. I revved the blaster again, but this time the rubber stayed put. I quickly put it back together and took it out for testing. Chronograph readings came in at 132 fps average. Even better was the range test - 30 degree angle, no wind and it averaged 172 feet with a top shot at 183 feet!

 

Here is a overview of the mod: