Let's get it going

157 replies to this topic

#126 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

I'll PM my numbers to all the participants on the attending list later tonight. Probably around 10pm EST when I get home.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#127 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

I'm following the trend. My friend bailed out too.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#128 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Under ANY conditions will DCNO be canceled? My mom want to make sure the NIC has common sense. I told her yes, but she wants to see it posted by another.

I don't think I can make this any clearer.

DCNO WILL NOT BE CANCELLED.

We will deal with the weather as is, and like I previously mentioned, the worst case scenario we will play under the covered areas if the rain gets out of hand. I'll be there early around 9:15 - 9:30 am to survey the site and sell NerfSTRONG bracelets if anyone is interested.

I'm going to buy my water and fill up on gas, then I'm going to bed. I'm PM'ing my numbers to you all momentarily. See you all tomorrow.

-Groove

P.S. ~ lionhead333, if you live less than 18 minutes away I would hope you still show up regardless of weather. Hell, if you mom won't drive you, I can pick you up and drive you home.

#129 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:43 PM

Reason number 10: Best freedom toast in the DC area.
Tyranny Response Team

#130 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:07 AM

T -4 hours. I just woke up and am leaving in an hour. See ya all there.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#131 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:11 AM

I got my dad to drive me. I'm leaving right now. See you there.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#132 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:19 AM

Under ANY conditions will DCNO be canceled? My mom want to make sure the NIC has common sense. I told her yes, but she wants to see it posted by another.

I don't think I can make this any clearer.

DCNO WILL NOT BE CANCELLED.

We will deal with the weather as is, and like I previously mentioned, the worst case scenario we will play under the covered areas if the rain gets out of hand. I'll be there early around 9:15 - 9:30 am to survey the site and sell NerfSTRONG bracelets if anyone is interested.

I'm going to buy my water and fill up on gas, then I'm going to bed. I'm PM'ing my numbers to you all momentarily. See you all tomorrow.

-Groove

P.S. ~ lionhead333, if you live less than 18 minutes away I would hope you still show up regardless of weather. Hell, if you mom won't drive you, I can pick you up and drive you home.

Good,
Damn I was dissapointed when I woke up and it was 11:00. (Went to go see Saw 4) I'll be there maybe around
after lunch time.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#133 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

I got back from DCNO 5 minutes ago. It would appear I beat Hersh, as my account is as I left it.
I spent ~$35 on, for the most part, pre-arranged deals.
I am also in posession of the EaB shell Dean ran over. Shorty tried to throw it away.
You people are un-thirsty, non-pigs. CS had to dump 4 gallons of gatorade.
Capture the Flag was eventful, seeing as Shorty used his carbine, I breech loaded my LS, and there were about 6 crossbows. Dean got hit multiple times by Badger's Ultimator.
Also, I bought the 4th original nerfStrong. I'm pretty sure Groove didn't sell all of 'em.
For my first DCNO, I really liked the labyrith.

Edited by lionhead333, 27 October 2007 - 04:46 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#134 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

I got back from DCNO 5 minutes ago. It would appear I beat Hersh, as my account is as I left it.
I spent ~$35 on, for the most part, pre-arranged deals.
I am also in posession of the EaB shell Dean ran over. Shorty tried to throw it away.
You people are un-thirsty, non-pigs. CS had to dump 4 gallons of gatorade.
Capture the Flag was eventful, seeing as Shorty used his carbine, I breech loaded my LS, and there were about 6 crossbows. Dean got hit multiple times by Badger's Ultimator.
Also, I bought the 4th original nerfStrong. I'm pretty sure Groove didn't sell all of 'em.
For my first DCNO, I really liked the labyrith.

I never got hit by an ultimator during a game though. Only in between rounds. And to be picky, I'd assume Darkshrimp was using his own Ultimator?

Great war, thanks everyone for making it and Jordan for organizing it.

I thought the Labyrinth was a very good field that really made it so no team could hold an advantage for too long.

Some highlights:
-I thought capture the flag worked really well and definitely gave some of very good rounds.
-Did I mention the round Hersh used a manta ray and a sword?
-Did I mention the following round I used a manta ray and a sword?
-Oh, and I got three hits that round, I won't mention any names, for the sake of those people's honor.
-No one's guns were broken! (Instead we came with them not in working shape)

And I'd like to thank everyone's parents who drove them for helping us all have a good time and an extra thanks to those who helped talk to the Police Officers. I hope to nerf with everyone soon.

Lionhead and Scott, I'm always up for a war at least when it doesn't conflict with school or something else, so tell me if you decide to nerf!

-Dean

P.S. I got Groove with a sword kill.

Edited by Crankymonky, 27 October 2007 - 10:42 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#135 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Why the freak has't anyone mentioned Jordan losing Gunslinger to a noob. That was the funniest thing all day.

Hightlights

-Sliding under the walkway do dodge being shot, hitting Aslan, and being killed by Dean.
-Dean hitting me all day long.
-"It's your choice, just like abortion" need I say more?
-Having CS explain his designs to me in person. It helped me understand it a lot better.
-Doing excellent in the first two or three rounds.
-The Police not kicking us out.
-CTF rounds
-The fact the school was better than Wayside
-Getting a NerfStong band
-Hitting someone in the hood of their sweatshirt, while they were running.
-Watching Groove lose the Gunslinger round.

And my stats (I kept them the 1st 3 round because after that we started to do some funky game types)

1.3 Kill to Hit ratio.

Edited by shadowkid33, 28 October 2007 - 07:45 AM.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#136 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

Guys, if you're gonna call me Aslan, please at least spell it right. :lol:
It was HILARIOUS when Jordan lost gunslinger to Scott.
As for the 14' PETG I bought from OMC, I'm pretty sure it warped in my back room. It was a perfect fit when I bought it, and now I can drop a dart through without touching the sides. Oh well.
Remember when CS got on the roof to get Ted's gun down? That was damn funny.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#137 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

Oh, the Gunslinger round...Yeah, it was rather unfortunate. I'll man up and 'fess to that, I lost. I don't win every round I play, nobody does. I got at least 8 kills that round, eliminated at least 3 people, and my final hit gets plucked away from me. That's been a recurring theme at almost every war I've gone to in the past 3 months, it doesn't really surprise me anymore.

I take out an entire group of people and either get hit by (1) a cherry-picker shot by someone in the back, (2) someone randomly leaping and firing wildly from a random bush, (3) a misfire or a totally unintentional shot that manages to hit me in the toe and steal my last hit from me. My rage was truly palpable. On the flip side, I think it's rather silly how some people only choose to remember the outcome of a round rather than get into how the round was played. Anyways, that's my rant for the day; take it as you wish.

My personal highlights:

-Taking out 4 people consecutively in a CTF round.
-Scoring a retrieval on our flag, as it was seconds from being captured by none other than Dark Shrimp.
-Taking nearly 20 seconds to line up a shot on Badger in CTF and hitting the 2" of his gun that was exposed.
-Dodging all but 2 shots from Badger the whole day; one of which being a confusion shot in the midst of a verbal exchange, the other being a legitimate double-hit on both him and me.
-Being totally nervous when the cop showed up and completely ignored my attempt at an explanation of the situation, only for him to finally say "Nerf guns? Well, shit - I ain't gonna bother y'all," and left it at that. Very cool indeed.
-Ted yelling, "I like turtles!" over and over all day long. Surprisingly, it never really got old.
-Ted also hurling his Nite Finder in pure ecstatic joy at the end of a round, and watching it slowly fall atop a roof of one of the portables.
-Returning the favor on almost everyone that either eliminated me during a round or scored at least 2 hits on me during a round throughout the day. I never forget, bitches.

On a lighter note, it was also refreshing to meet some cool parents of the younger guys that drove to the war. It's always nice to see parents get interested and involved into what their kids are doing, from someone in my shoes who is trying to promote the sport-side of this hobby of ours.

I'm going to take my post-war dump, shower and then go to sleep for an extended period of time. Thanks for coming guys, we have a nice new war location now.

-Groove

#138 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

Scott, Sam, and anyone else people may refer to as newbies, they just mean first forum war, it's not meant to harm. Just so everyone knows and no one gets offended.

Jordan, I don't think you ever returned the favor of getting me out with just a sword.

Awesome nerfing by everyone and great to meet everyone - Scott, Sam, Pete, and Blake.

And I remembered something else that was happening in January for me, now I can't remember.

Edited by Crankymonky, 27 October 2007 - 10:47 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#139 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:11 PM

Sorry I missed this guys - since the concert I traded it for sucked, it seems like a bad decision :lol:.

#140 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:41 AM

So, will this be our new field, or are we moving back to the Gauntlet after renovations?
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#141 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:49 AM

I think the construction being done at Wayside is to remove, or at least reconfigure the gauntlet. I can't call which we use next time because I don't host the war, but I liked this better than Wayside.

Edit:Ok, Groove is right. He did excelent in the gunslinger round, but he just slipped up at the end. It was a little funny though...

Edited by shadowkid33, 28 October 2007 - 09:31 AM.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#142 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:36 AM

Jordan, I don't think you ever returned the favor of getting me out with just a sword.

And I remembered something else that was happening in January for me, now I can't remember.

You and your silly semantics, Dean. I never used just a sword, but I'm pretty sure the favor was repaid during the last round. That, or getting Ultimator'd three times also might have something to do with it. Regardless, it all works out in the end.

January is the winter war, Reckoning, which I'm hoping that you, Slug and I can attend. It's in New Jersey and for the first time since Spoon at Apoc will feature Westies flying out here to Nerf with us. It'll be good times I'm told - can't wait to wear my Nerf beanie.

The Labyrinth is a solid site, no doubt. Thanks again to Cranky to helping me scout the location and everyone for attending. It's definitely going to be a good site once the weather improves during the Spring or Summer. I'm also happy we can finally do CTF & Attack/Defend scenarios here, too.

-Groove

#143 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

January is the winter war, Reckoning, which I'm hoping that you, Slug and I can attend. It's in New Jersey and for the first time since Spoon at Apoc will feature Westies flying out here to Nerf with us. It'll be good times I'm told - can't wait to wear my Nerf beanie.

-Groove

Westies? Really?
2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#144 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

As always DCNO was super fun, and it was definitely worth the trip. I think that I like this field better than wayside.

Highlights:
-Reason 15 The Fractured Prune
-None of my guns breaking
-The CTF rounds led to some awesome close quarters fighting.
-Winning the quick draw pistol thing! minus throwing my nf onto the roof.
-It is always fun shooting the new guys.
-Overall just playing really well.

So when are we going to see pictures because I LIKE TURTLES!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#145 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

Um, I know I wasn't there but just wondering, did badger bring the NF I sent him and test it? What happened with all that? I've been nervous for a while about that. Yes I shouldn't be if I'm telling the truth but oh well I was still nervous.
Anyone got the scoop on that?
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#146 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

So when are we going to see pictures because I LIKE TURTLES!

Working on the video now. May take a while because I have so much of it.

Anyone got the scoop on that?

I'll wait for badger to report in full, but NOBODY that was at the war is going to tell you that it shot anywhere near 100 feet flat. Simply because it didn't.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 October 2007 - 02:40 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#147 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

-Groove

Westies? Really?

Falcon, Apollo and I were going to go... but ... um... Yeah...Holiday Season Air-Fares=600+bucks, and that made me say Fuck-No and made Greg's Bank account ask him if he was kidding, so Now we're shooting for either a Spring War or we'll come Group-Hug you Fuckers to death at Apoc.

Snicker-Snack Bitches

-Bags

PS: Did Badger Bring/use My Plastic Toy Of Doom I Sold him?

Edited by baghead, 28 October 2007 - 04:27 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#148 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

Now we're shooting for either a Spring War or we'll come Group-Hug you Fuckers to death at Apoc.

So in other words you guys plan to bail on every big NJ war.

Oh man how could I forget the precision nf wow that thing was shooting football fields!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#149 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Video is up:
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#150 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

I didn't get any screen time at all. Expect a call from my agent, Slug.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users