Let's get it going

157 replies to this topic

#76 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

Short of the planets aligning, I will not be in attendance.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#77 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

Well, Oct. is out for me, and with the weather at what it's at, Nov. looks best for me. Even that I either have to A. get off my lazy bum and make darts and fix guns or B. get up off my lazy bum and get some cash to buy darts or C. get up off my lazy bum. I know I said I might make it in for my Dad's b-day and all, but at a turn of events there is a concert presetning 3 Days Grace, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, and Red 30 minutes away from me, so I will be there on the 2nd of Nov. If I can, I might be able to squeeze in one in Nov. But I seriously doubt it. I don't have to gas money for 900 miles of travel in my 16 MPG gass guzzler. It would be chepaer for me to take a flight in on the Friday before Thanksgiving, make it to the Fall war (have to borrow guns and ammo due to the flight) and then ride back with my Dad because he will be coming here for Thanksgiving. Now the only problem with that besides the guns and ammo is the fact that I want to be back home for Deer season which starts that following Monday but my Dad wasn't planning to take off from work and come over mid-week. I guess I will aim for the spring tune up and whatnot.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#78 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

I will find out if I am a positive tonight. So is it definately at the Labyrinth? I mean its kind of late to give out details considering the war is in like 2 and a half weeks. But my soccer schedule isnt agreeing to much with the date.

Everything that has been finalized has been updated in the first post, always a general rule of thumb for these sort of things. Yes, it's still the same date, yes it's at the Labyrinth, yes the address has been provided for you. So, pull out your roadway maps, hit up Google maps, get your GPS and triangulate a path, or whatever it is you use to find directions.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#79 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

Real men use topographic maps and a compass and travel ...via velociraptor.
Tyranny Response Team

#80 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

I think it should be noted that I may or may not have two friends coming with me.
I would just edit a post, but I don't think anyone would notice the change.

EDIT: More friends have said they want to go. I'll have anywhere from no-one to 6 buddies.

Edited by lionhead333, 11 October 2007 - 02:36 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#81 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

Real men use topographic maps and a compass and travel ...via velociraptor.

Is that a Dr. McNinja reference?

Back on topic:

I'm afraid this is not the war for FWPC, we'll be unable to travel due to all sorts of scheduling conflicts and whatnot. I'm a little bit frustrated, but we'll make it up there at some point.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#82 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

I think I am a no-go for this one. The date isnt very good for me. And I would get there and only be able to play like 2 rounds.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#83 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

Is that a Dr. McNinja reference?

It most certainly was. One of the best comics I've read in all my years reading comics.

Sorry to hear you won't be in attendance with your posse, as with you sourskttles772. Perhaps I'll see you at SENO Cmdrmack, just let me know when you get around to scheduling it.

-Groove

#84 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

Should we add the Bear family to the mabye list? I mean, they do seem to show up at these wars, they just don't post about it.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#85 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

Currently it looks like it will be me and Petard13 with the possibility of one more.

"You know that guy Rick Kane? He's going to stomp your ass!"
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#86 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

Just under 2 weeks left. I'm getting excited. B)

Edited by lionhead333, 15 October 2007 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#87 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

Quick question: Are homemades allowed at this war? If so, are there any limitations?

I might be good for this date because it is after a major project, and the commute is not too bad. However, the answers to my above questions will determine how much work I need to do in preparation for the war. I don't really have any well-modified guns at this time, so if I can turn out a sidearm and springer that would be great.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#88 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:31 PM

I would hope so...
Posted Image
But these things are usually evaluated on a per-gun basis. If you've made something that shoots farther than 130 feet it's not expected to pass the point-blank safety test.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 October 2007 - 11:31 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#89 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

You've got WAY too much free time.
I hate you.

#90 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:10 AM

Dang Kid!
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#91 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

Either you're small, CS, or that thing is bigger than I anticipated...bigger than an MP5, if I remember correctly. Of course, I realize that with the materials you're using it's hard to build small yet strong parts.

Anyway, great job. I wish you luck in the swift completion/perfection of this project.

Edit: Whoops, thought this was the ABP5k thread...too many tabs open, I suppose. Sorry about that.

Edited by jwasko, 16 October 2007 - 11:29 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#92 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

It is quite large. It looks like an mp5k simply because of the arrangement of the working components, so I went with it. It's more than 50% larger than an actual mp5.
Longshot Size Comparison: http://www.captainsl.../abp5k_9991.jpg
Feature Demonstration Video:

In more relative news I won't be bringing any obstacles to this DCNO since I don't know the layout of the field and don't have the permission of the school to set them up.
I will however try to bring a cooler full of Gatorade for everyone.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 16 October 2007 - 11:37 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#93 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

Looking good, Cap'n.

Yes, you can bring your homemades if you so choose, and I'll be making judgment calls on all homemades depending on each specific one. Like Slug said, if it shoots 130 feet and could be used to launch small furry animals into the stratosphere, it will not be used. Honestly, I think that you'll only be hindering yourself if you use a ridiculously powerful homemade within this setup at this particular venue, but that's just my opinion. Having fun and staying safe is rule number one for me, hands-down. Seems like a no-brainer, but I would like for everyone to keep that in mind.

On a side note, if all goes according to plan I will be sporting a new custom T-Shirt design that I've made and also selling some custom "NerfSTRONG" bracelets. Yes, I know - blatant rip-off, but those rubber wristbands are so in right now.

-Groove

P.S. - Can't believe I didn't mention it earlier, but eye protection is mandatory. I'll update the original post.

#94 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

Great. Just found out that my school (more specifically my foreign exchange group) is receiving exchange students from Germany on the 27th, and I won't be able to make the war. Sorry.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 16 October 2007 - 10:09 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#95 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Great. J ust found out that my school (more specifically my foreign exchange group) is receiving exchange students from Germany on the 27th, and I won't be able to make the war. Sorry.

But what says "Welcome to AMERICA!" like a good Nerf war?

Edited by CaptainSlug, 16 October 2007 - 04:51 PM.

#96 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:16 PM

selling some custom "NerfSTRONG" bracelets. Yes, I know - blatant rip-off, but those rubber wristbands are so in right now.
-Groove

How much each? I must have one.

Great. J ust found out that my school (more specifically my foreign exchange group) is receiving exchange students from Germany on the 27th, and I won't be able to make the war. Sorry.

But what says "Welcome to AMERICA!" like a good Nerf war?

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#97 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:42 PM

Not sure on the price of the NerfSTRONG braclets yet. I only had 10 prototypes made; embossed rubberized ones just like the LiveSTRONG and WristSTRONG bracelets, except these are the same bright orange as seen on many Nerf blasters.

If there is enough interest in them I will be making and selling more. Just bring some small bills to the war and I'll work out a price for you once I get the invoice.

-Groove

#98 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:15 AM

I'm interested! :)

On the back, will it have NH?

I also have an idea- instead of NERFStrong, how about MODstrong?

Edited by keef, 17 October 2007 - 11:35 AM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#99 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

I don't think I ever got a definite answer if you were coming or not keef, I'm guessing you are at this point?

As for other wristband slogans, these are just prototypes to gauge interest. They do not have NerfHaven on the backside, just a simple "NerfSTRONG" engraved into the frontside on an orange embossed rubber/silicon wristband. If people like them alot (which it sounds like they do already) and they sell well, I'll definitely be making a variety of different slogans and colors. So, this is NOT the only time I will be selling these, keep that in mind. The 9 I have will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. I'll be there early since I'm hosting, so you can get them there. Again, once I get the invoice from the company I'll let you know how much I'll be selling them for. Thanks.

-Groove

#100 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Groove-

It really depends.

My sister screwed up her arm at Cheerleading, so I'm not sure if my mom can drive- I KNOW my sister doesn't want to sit through another war.

Anyways, I need to make a crapload of darts, and fix my primarys.

I'll post again when I know fo sho.

P.S.

I have some stuff I will be selling.
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users