#26 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

-Girlfriend
-Hopefully another umbrella gun
-School stuff
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#27 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

Mines going to be used in Atlantic City in 12 hours... to be honest, I'm just going to go to mess with their security guards... I've been told I don't look/act my age.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#28 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:32 AM

I should re-title this thread to "Reality Check".

Geeze folks. You make it sound like the end of the world with some of your posts.

I had a job since I was 11 years old or thereabouts, delivering newspapers to homes. Every afternoon. That built up some discipline in my life, and how to hold to a schedule (even if it were only for 1 1/2 hours a day).

I've never been unemployed in the last 30 years. Even through college and trade school. Sometimes up to 5 jobs (at once)!

Stuff like food, toys, amusing yourself, and other crap, costs some money. Either you have it, or you beg your parents for some (otherwise known to some as allowance).

Paychecks come and they go. Y'all should get used to it. Especially as you grow older, you get more responsibilities, and consequently more to dish out.

We live on an extremely fixed income. I make over 30k a year (light by today's standards), and I get a 10 dollar a week allowance. No kidding. For Nerf, fishing gear, crap like that. Disposable income. If I want a Longshot, I go without spending for three weeks. We have everything we need in life, and pay our bills and put away enough in my retirement income (2 401(k)s and an IRA) to make sure we're secure by the time I retire.

Those of you who cannot believe that you can burn up your paycheck on fuel, haven't touched a car yet. Or, at least haven't fueled one up. Gas aint' cheap, and driving does in fact burn up money and time to get where you want to get (pun intended). Shrimpy has a classic rod, so the consumption (of gas and parts) goes up even more. My work subsidizes my fuel, so we get away pretty cheap here (although I don't do a whole lot of driving unless I have to.)

So, yes, reality check, all. My nephew just blew the tank on my "new" SuperMaxx 1500 and I don't know where that fix is going (it's leaking from the "barrel" end, and I only have one more spare 1500 tank.) I'm too bummed out to work on my blasters right now. Something will come of it.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#29 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

Now that I've graduated from college (with zero debt!) I'm shifting from a part-time hourly position at the machine shop to a full-time salary position with benefits. From now on I'm going to be limiting how much I can spend on certain things. And most of my "fun money" will have to come from what I earn doing freelance work.

And speaking of fuel, this is what I'm hoping to purchase sometime in the next year. But it's not an immediate need because I have a basic electric bike already. My workplace is only 3 miles away from my house.
Posted Image
Gets 45 miles on a single charge. So it's ideal for going to and from work and running basic errands. If I need to go further or lug something heavy then I'll drive something else.

However: This is also extremely tempting

Edited by CaptainSlug, 01 September 2007 - 07:31 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#30 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

Now that I've graduated from college (with zero debt!) I'm shifting from a part-time hourly position at the machine shop to a full-time salary position with benefits. From now on I'm going to be limiting how much I can spend on certain things. And most of my "fun money" will have to come from what I earn doing freelance work.

And speaking of fuel, this is what I'm hoping to purchase sometime in the next year. But it's not an immediate need because I have a basic electric bike already. My workplace is only 3 miles away from my house.
Gets 45 miles on a single charge. So it's ideal for going to and from work and running basic errands. If I need to go further or lug something heavy then I'll drive something else.

I have one. Goes 20MPH, gets up to 60 miles/charge, I've for sure gotten 45 miles. Just hit the 1250 miles (2000 km here) mark yesterday. I highly recommend one for urban commuting of short distances. Mine cost me $1250 CAD (tax included).

Edited by Prometheus, 01 September 2007 - 06:40 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#31 philadel Elite

philadel Elite

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:17 PM

Piney.
I agree i save a few checks ...if i want something.
for instance.. my car. i got money in the bank for that.
But since my dog went to the vet it soaked up my class(well most of it)
And now if you think about it u can fill up a honda civic wit 20 dollars, your good for the week.

But sadly I take the bus.
and SEPTA( my city bus company) raised fairs on bus passes
i once payed 65, now i am paying 80..(a month)

Good thing i saved when i was workin all those years ago.(12 till now ..lol 17..?)

#32 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

And now if you think about it u can fill up a honda civic wit 20 dollars, your good for the week.

It costs me either $6 or $12 a day in gas to go to work, depending on which car I get to drive.
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#33 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

I'd hate to be European right now.

As much as you guys complain about the cost of fuel, you guys are still the cheapest in the western world.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#34 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:09 AM

This weeks paycheck/Birthday money that i have saved forever went to some homemade supplies for a beastly gun that shoots at least 100 ft. I like shooting cherries from it. Trying to put a topic on it up but cant get camera to work.

#35 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

the beast- Can't wait to see the write up <_<

CS- Congrats on no debt :D

Piney- My dad (my employer) set up a thing where they tax me, but I get it all back at the end of the year. I save $1 for every $10.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#36 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:17 AM

I'd hate to be European right now.

As much as you guys complain about the cost of fuel, you guys are still the cheapest in the western world.

It seems only fair to mention that people in Europe tend to drive bicycles and mopeds when possible. ^^

And while we're at it, gas in the U.S. costs several times as much as we pay. The rest of the cost is negative externalities.

#37 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

Not only that, but due to the population density of europe in general, as well as the unified economy, the european public transportation system is phenominal.

Pretty much, the united states is boned in terms of moving our asses from place to place because we like to drive big gas guzzlers and our popular cities are all far apart. (New York, San Fran, Miami, etc.)
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#38 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

$1.10-$1.25 a litre here in Vancouver.

#39 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

I cant save for crap, I bought a new pc -50 bucks(not bad better than my old one) I went to the Ex with my girl,
and baught her an ipod. THats okay though, Im team leader now, RAISE!
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#40 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

SSPB
Cordless air pump
OMC PETG
and the rest of it is going to CS external air tank.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users