#26 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

Since Mapquest sucks:
Posted Image

That's a rough selection of the playing area. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's pretty accurate of what part is used.

Edit: Sept. 30 works for me.

Edited by RAMBO, 09 September 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#27 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

I'm throwing in my recent date-update.

The 30th may work for me or it may not, 50-50 chance. The date in October would work better though.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#28 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

I'm against using Mill Creek for this event because no LCM or other Nerfers that live near the field will be available. It seems to me like we should push the event farther north so that all of our trips are cut down. OMC and I recently talked about checking out some new fields in the Bergen County area (closer to NY state but still in NJ).

Here are links to the fields I think have the most potential but have yet to see:

Saddle River (Glen Rock Area) Park

Darlington Park

Samuel Nelkin County Park

Edited by Evil, 10 September 2007 - 10:49 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#29 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

I say we ask Dark Shrimp if we can use his field.
If thats Glen Rock field, from the last DCNO.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#30 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

Keef, DCNO is held in Maryland and the field used is a schoolyard.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#31 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hunterdon County is out of the question. It's not my land it is my friend's, and I think he joined the military or something so I cannot get a hold of him. I would feel most comfortable nerfing at Mill Creek; those Glen Rock fields look a little to shady.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#32 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

Evil and I have talked about scoping the fields out. I don't know when we'll have time to do it. I may just go myself this weekend since he has to sell waffle irons signed by Lou Gehrig or some shit.

Other Options:

1) What did we all think of Tindall Park? Yes, It's a ride for most of us, but it's not as far as Mill Creek. I think Hershfest was pretty good there, and we have the option of using more of the park than we did for that war, simply because it will be much cooler temperature wise.

2) What about z80's field? I know they host clan wars locally all the time. If they are willing to host us, it could be a cool experience. Hopefully, one of their guys can fill us in on that likelihood.

3) The BCNO field in Glen Rock. It is nice for a small war, as long there's no circus or some other crazy shit going on. (unrelated, but we'd get to see the 112' xbow on it's home field)

Any others?
I hate you.

#33 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

I'll talk to Al and crew today. He and/or I will get back to you later.
HERP DERP.

#34 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

I would prefer Tindall; minus the woods the park was awesome. Plus it'll be the perfect field for my new super secret project, Thomas Jefferson.

Also I would only be able to swing September 30th.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 10 September 2007 - 05:06 PM.

#35 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

If our clan were to host, I think the best date for us would be October 6th. How does that sounds to people?
HERP DERP.

#36 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

My only preference is something that isn't more than 4 hours away by train from eastern Connecticut. Anything south of Bergen County is out of my reach now, especially since 10-11 AM are such popular start times. Even to get to Glen Rock, I'd have to take the first train in the morning out of New London. Since transfers vary at Penn and Secaucus, God knows how long the whole trip would take.

If you are interested in a much larger Bergen field, try the Saddle River County Park, which stretches from Ridgewood to Rochelle Park. The semi-open woods at the Ridgewood Ave area would be ideal, though it is a popular place and premission would definitely be required. There's also the Goffle Park across town, but it is much narrower and more open. I use a 2 mile stretch of it as my home field, the northern section completely covered in dense forest. You probably wouldn't like that area. Anyway, Ridgewood's section of the County Park blows away Memorial Park in Glen Rock. It is at least worth checking out in person.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#37 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

I don't think our feilds are very usuable. Central is now going to be overrun by soccer and such, and can't really accomidate too many people. Saxon is much more usuable, but the problem really is parking and how far people are willing to walk/logistics with carpooling people to the back entrance.
Also, I don't know where wilson got the october 6th, as I have football, and I would think max has pep band...

#38 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:09 PM

A war in NY would seriously hinder my ability to come. My dad really doesn't want to drive over 2 hours for this one, and those new Glen Rock fields are about as max as I can go distance-wise this time.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#39 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Tindall was too far.
It still was pretty good and if the 30th is going to be cool, then it will feel great outside. At Hershfest I didn't really feel really hot.

But I doubt my Mom would drive to Tindall Park again. So if its there, I'm out.

I can get pics of this field by me if anyone wants....

Edited by keef, 11 September 2007 - 02:55 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#40 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:34 PM

We are considering hosting this war. We have to decide between one of two feilds (will be decided by the end of the week) and logistics with getting people to the area if it is at Saxon Woods. One thing we will have to do is shuttle people down to the park from another parking lot, as it is along side a road with no parking.

#41 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

We are considering hosting this war. We have to decide between one of two feilds (will be decided by the end of the week) and logistics with getting people to the area if it is at Saxon Woods. One thing we will have to do is shuttle people down to the park from another parking lot, as it is along side a road with no parking.

So what's the good word z80? Because of our limited time and busy schedules I can't guarantee that Hersh and I will make it to the new fields to scope them out here in Bergen. You pick a New York field and we'll finalize the date ASAP.

#42 FLNerfGunner

FLNerfGunner

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:30 AM

We should do somewhere not in NY for the reason that most nj people will not be able to go. We could play at Glen Rock again.

And you'd get to see Parkway in action.

Edited by FLNerfGunner, 13 September 2007 - 09:32 AM.

#43 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

Wilde Memorial has gotten old. Sure I'd still love to Nerf there, but I'm interested in seeing Z80's place for the first time.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)

My other groups:

#44 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

The only way that I could go to a field in NY is if I can get a ride with someone else.

#45 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

We should do somewhere not in NY for the reason that most nj people will not be able to go. We could play at Glen Rock again.

I'm curious as to why that is the case? Different driving laws I'm guessing?

As for us, we have a field, we could most definately host, so all that remains is timing.
-We'll have to meet at another parking lot, and carpool a mile down the road, but that shouldn't be a problem.
- And we'll make another post with directions and other field-specific info if everyone decides that this is the way to go.

Hopefully z80 will be here to do that, instead of dashing off to Ohio......
nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#46 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

If it is to be NY, please finalize the date, time, and place ASAP. And please don't start it wicked early [like before noon]. i'm guessing it's a 2-3 hour train ride from here, but I don't know for sure.

My other groups:

#47 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:26 PM

No disrespect Dux - but why would we sacrifice two hours to accomodate one person? Unless there's a lot of people that don't want to start until noon, I don't see how it would hurt for you to join a bit late.

I'm also curious why 'most' NJ people couldn't go to NY. 'Most' NJ people are over 18, and even 21...so I'd rule out a driving restriction.

#48 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:39 PM

No disrespect Dux - but why would we sacrifice two hours to accomodate one person? Unless there's a lot of people that don't want to start until noon, I don't see how it would hurt for you to join a bit late.

It's just common courtesy. Some people on this earth still believe in ideas like that. Final decision always belongs to the host, though. I don't care that much, but catching the beginning makes the long train rides and high fares worth it.

My other groups:

#49 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:42 AM

Dude, it's not the end of the world if you show up late. I have to side with Rambo on this one. We'll start early, and just show up. Dark Shrimp can catch a ride with me if he is OK to drive up to me. Depending on where in NY this field is, I could bring some others. I am very much looking forward to z80's field.
I hate you.

#50 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

We need the information on z80's field ASAP so I can update the first post.

Also. We are starting at 10:00 AM. Participants should get cell phone numbers and information from hosts or other players so that (if they need) they may join later and we can avoid any issues. We Nerf once a month on average and for us to cut out 2 hours of possible play to wait for one person would be unfair to the rest of us planning on also making a trip out of this event.

Edited by Evil, 14 September 2007 - 10:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users