"super Salsa" Gets A Primary-worthy Makeover

Spring Fed Inline Clip Goodness!

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

So, for a long time now I have had a gun dubbed "Super Salsa" in my arsenal, sitting around collecting dust. It was my first ever integration, form a long time ago, a 2k in the shell of a sm750, but it was only single barreled, so using it was out of the question. But, after seeing the Inline Clip on "JAWS", I started thinking. I found it annoying that Frost had to shake the gun down after every shot, so, after thinking for a bit, I made this:
Posted Image
There are two pieces of brass there, one that fits the darts nicely, and one that has a very loose fit. The one with the loose fit is only at the very back of the barrel setup, so the spring can easily push a dart in.
Here is a picture of the barrel and clip taken off (Which makes reloading a cinch) The piece coming out of the gun body is the spring.
Posted Image
And here is a picture of the coupler and the spring.
Posted Image
So, it works like this.
1. Take off barrel\clip.
2. drop three(or four small) darts in the back of the clip.
3. Put the clip back on.
4. Fire three shots without reloading.
5. Repeat.
I have been having some troubles with double shots though, where the spring pushes the next shot into the barrel while the airflow is still moving, cuasing both shots to spray out. To solve this I think I would just need a weaker spring, but even McMaster doesn't have What I need.
Comments?

Edited by nerfturtle, 21 August 2007 - 10:30 PM.

The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#2 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

Thats pretty cool, although after trying the whole inline clip with different blasters, I found out that it's really not necessary to point the gun down and shake. This however is pretty freaking awesome, because it eliminates the need to point the gun down at all.

Good job. EDIT: I forgot to ask, what kind of spring is that?

Edited by DarkInfection, 22 August 2007 - 12:25 AM.

#3 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Wow, sick. Is it typical AT2K ranges, or does air get lost in the clip?

#4 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

This idea crossed my mind a few times (thinking like how the Ballzooka works), but I just couldn't find a spring that would work right.

Great job with this, though. Looks good. I think double shots are not nearly as bad as misfires. Could be a nasty surprise for dodgy players.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:37 PM

but it was only single barreled, so using it was out of the question.

That is one of the funniest things I have read on this forum to date.
I hate you.

#6 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

Thanks, everbody. I haven't taken this out to test yet, but I think it will get somewhere in the 80's. The spring is actually the binding of a notebook, I'm looking around the house now for one of the that just has the metal spring, those ought to be a lot weaker, solving the double fire problem. Anydangway, heres a video of loading and firing if it's not clear to you.
http://s155.photobuc...nt=DSCF1358.flv

Edited by nerfturtle, 22 August 2007 - 06:22 PM.

The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#7 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

Thats funny, I actually thought that it looked like a note-book spring/thing. Really though, I think that that (the note-book coil) should be pretty weak already. Most regular springs will be stronger.

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

Man, binding coil...excellent idea. This requires some experimentation.

What could also be useful is that it comes in a lot of different sizes. At the print shop where I work, we stock sizes ranging from .25" to 1", 12" long. These could be excellent "weak springs" for magazines. I'll try one in my inlne clip as well.

Edited by Carbon, 22 August 2007 - 06:55 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#9 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

That would be awesome Carbon. The snap4 would almost be like the abbb in terms of ROF.

#10 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

Sorry i know that this thread is a little old but i found a good way to find "springs" for inline clips. Search for: "plastic binding coils." The smallest package i could find was 25 bit it was only $5 and I'm sure you could also use them for catch springs in homemades and such stuff.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users