• 369 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

You get this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry about the blurry last pic, but for some reason I couldn't get my camera not to focus on the wall behind me.

Some stats:

This cost me about 45 dollars in materials, including the flexible copper tubing.

The longshot has the AR removed and the magazine is combined for 12 shots.

The DTG has it's ARs removed and has a slightly stronger spring in it. I forget where it's from exactly, probably a maverick or something like that. The trigger is pulled my a string that's run through one of the copper tubes, and it has a ring right next the the longshot trigger on the left side of the gun.

It's not black, exactly, it has a fine mist of golden tan color over it, but that's hard to see in the pictures.

This gun will be for sale, PM me and we'll work something out.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#2 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

Nice. I like how you used part of the front gun.

#3 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

Man even befor you painted it it looked awsome. But now it looks amazing. Ranges?
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#4 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

Never mind, found the answer.

Edited by DarkInfection, 18 August 2007 - 07:52 PM.

#5 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

Wow! I really like the brass tubing as a threader for the trigger string, it looks like some alien plasma tube, or some junk like that. I actually thought it looked ugly before you painted it, but now, well, it looks like something that you'd find in the hands of a huge, hairy, fanged alien beast, which is exactly what I think is holding it in the last picture. Haha, just kidding, you're not an alien. Awesome job, though.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#6 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:58 PM

I don't have fangs either.

The tubing's copper actually, which is looking progressively cooler as it tarnishes. I got it at lowes right across from the cpvc, so I assume it has something to do with plumbing, if anyone's interested. It comes in both individualy packaged "handy sets" and from a coil, where you can buy any length you want.

Nice. I like how you used part of the front gun.

That was so hard to do you have no idea, especially trying to keep as many screw holes intact as possible.

This was done with no measurements, as a side note. Trial and error kids, trial and error

as I didn't do a whole lot of performance mods, the ranges are only slightly above stock. This is definately a show piece, and practice for things to come, I really like how the copper looks on it.

Edited by zaphodB, 19 August 2007 - 12:07 AM.

Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#7 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

Yeah your assumption is pretty close. Those copper tubes are used to control the temp of just about every temp related device in your house (AC, frig, water, etc.), just run some hot or cold water through it and in under 5 seconds you'll see how.

Also, if you bought the coiled package, the way you'd uncoil it is by pressing the head/beginning of the tube against a flat surface (most commonly a table), and unrolling it. If you're not feeling any resistance, then you're doing it correctly because that's the way it was designed to straighten out.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users